chris martin8217s unreleased
| |

Chris Martin’s unreleased James Bond demo heads to auction

An unreleased demo recorded by Coldplay frontman Chris Martin during his early attempts to write a James Bond theme song is set to go under the hammer, offering fans a rare glimpse into one of the band’s long-running ambitions. The recording, believed to be around 27 years old, has never been officially released or publicly heard.
According to auction details published by Wax Poetics, the cassette features Martin performing an acoustic version of The World Is Not Enough, a song reportedly written with the hope of becoming the theme for the 1999 James Bond film of the same name starring Pierce Brosnan. However, the demo was never submitted to the filmmakers and remained in private archives for more than two decades.
The recording is being described as an unreleased, unheard cassette, making it a significant collector’s item for both Coldplay fans and James Bond memorabilia enthusiasts. As of publication, bidding for the rare demo had reached $1,000, with expectations that interest could increase before the auction closes.
Martin has previously spoken about Coldplay’s repeated attempts to secure a Bond theme song. During an interview with NME in 2021, the singer revealed that the band had spent years trying to write music suitable for the iconic film franchise.
“We kept trying to write one for 20 years, but never submitted them,” Martin said.
Reflecting on those efforts, he added with characteristic humour, “We have Bond themes for about five movies, but they’re not very good, to be honest.”
Martin also joked that Coldplay’s musical style may never have been the right fit for the world-famous spy. Speaking about James Bond’s personality, he said, “I don’t know if we’re spiritually on the same trip as James… He’d be like, ‘That’s not what I’m into at all, fellas. I like guns and sh*t.’”
The Bond demo forms part of a much larger collection of early Coldplay recordings assembled by British producer Chris Allison, who worked with the band during their formative years on the The Blue Room EP before they achieved global fame.
The archive includes several rare recordings, such as original DAT mixes, alternate versions of early tracks and a previously unheard version of We Never Change, providing a fascinating look at Coldplay’s musical development before the release of their debut album.
Collectors believe the auction could attract strong interest because it combines two globally recognised names—Coldplay and the James Bond franchise. Unreleased recordings connected to either have historically generated considerable attention among music enthusiasts.
Although Coldplay never recorded an official Bond theme, Martin’s comments over the years have shown that contributing to the franchise remained a long-standing dream for the band. The newly surfaced cassette offers fans a chance to hear one of those early attempts and provides a unique piece of Coldplay history that has remained hidden for nearly three decades. 

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Sohail Afridi warns rulers to ‘open their eyes?…

    PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Sohail Afridi has warned Pakistan’s rulers and decision-makers to “open their eyes” before September 27, saying the situation could become increasingly difficult to control if justice, constitutional supremacy and the rule of law are not restored. Speaking to reporters while attending a protest outside the Supreme Court, Afridi also expressed concern over reports about the health of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf founder Imran Khan. The chief minister said serious concerns were emerging about Khan’s health and called for the matter to be treated with urgency. He said neither he nor Khan had attempted to use the former prime minister’s health for political relief. Afridi demanded that Khan’s family be allowed to be present and that his treatment be conducted under the supervision of his personal doctors. The KP chief minister referred to the treatment of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif during Imran Khan’s government. He said Khan had allowed Sharif to travel abroad for medical treatment on humanitarian grounds, despite questions that had been raised at the time regarding medical certificates. According to Afridi, Khan was now being deprived of basic human rights and justice, which he described as a matter of serious concern. Afridi also criticized what he described as politically motivated cases against Khan. He alleged that his political opponents had themselves faced corruption allegations and accused them of misusing national resources. These claims represent Afridi’s political position and were not independently established in his remarks. The KP chief minister also spoke about the judiciary, saying Pakistan’s justice system was facing a major test. He urged judges to stand up for justice and said that one judge taking a principled position could encourage others to do the same. Afridi argued that the public was looking toward the judiciary for relief and justice. He questioned where citizens would turn if judges failed to perform their constitutional responsibilities. The chief minister further warned about growing anger among young people, saying he could see what he described as a “revolution” in the eyes of the country’s youth. He cautioned that continued injustice and rising hatred could eventually create a situation in which even Imran Khan might struggle to persuade people to respond with affection or restraint. Afridi urged the rulers and decision-makers to understand the seriousness of the situation before September 27 and move the country toward justice, constitutional supremacy and the rule of law. He warned that failure to address these concerns could make the situation increasingly difficult to manage, adding another strong political message to the ongoing tensions surrounding Imran Khan and his supporters.

  • |

    Gattuso’s Lazio reign begins with Italian Cup shock

    ROME: Gennaro Gattuso’s highly anticipated start as Lazio coach turned into a nightmare on Sunday as the Serie A side suffered a shock 2-0 home defeat to second-tier Mantova and crashed out of the Italian Cup. Gattuso, 48, took charge of Lazio in July, hoping to revive a club that came agonisingly close to lifting the trophy last season. Instead, his first competitive match ended with an early elimination and raised immediate questions about the team’s readiness for the new campaign. Mantova, who play outside Italy’s top flight, stunned the home crowd with a disciplined performance and took full advantage of Lazio’s struggles. The result made Lazio the only one of the 12 Serie A clubs entering the last 64 to be eliminated at this stage. The defeat is particularly painful given Lazio’s recent Italian Cup history. The seven-time winners reached last season’s final but lost to Inter Milan in May, narrowly missing the chance to add another trophy to their collection. For Gattuso, the setback is another difficult chapter in a coaching career that has yet to match the success he enjoyed as a player. A World Cup winner with Italy in 2006, Gattuso spent 13 successful years at AC Milan between 1999 and 2012. During that period, he won two Serie A titles and two Champions League trophies and established himself as one of Europe’s most respected midfielders. His managerial career has included spells with Fiorentina, Valencia, Napoli and Marseille, but major silverware has remained elusive. Gattuso’s appointment at Lazio came just four months after he left his position as Italy coach following the national team’s failure to qualify for a third consecutive World Cup. The Italian will now have little time to dwell on Sunday’s disappointment, with Lazio’s focus turning to the Serie A campaign. For a coach seeking a fresh start, however, the defeat to Mantova was hardly the opening Gattuso had imagined.

  • | |

    Bomb disposal officer injured in explosion at DI K…

    A bomb disposal officer was injured after an explosion ripped through the malkhana (evidence store) inside the Police Lines in Dera Ismail Khan on Thursday, causing significant damage to the building. According to police officials, the blast occurred inside the evidence store where confiscated explosive materials and other recovered items are kept. The force of the explosion caused part of the building’s roof and a wall to collapse. The officer in charge of the Bomb Disposal Squad sustained injuries in the incident. Rescue teams and fellow police personnel rushed to the scene and shifted him to a nearby hospital, where he received medical treatment. His condition was not immediately disclosed. Police said preliminary investigations indicate that the explosion was triggered by the accidental detonation of hand grenades stored inside the malkhana. However, officials stressed that the exact cause would only be confirmed after a thorough investigation. Following the explosion, police sealed off the affected area and launched a detailed search of the site. Investigators and forensic teams began collecting evidence to determine how the stored explosives detonated. Senior police officials also visited the Police Lines to inspect the damaged building and review the initial findings of the investigation. Authorities said all possible angles are being examined, including the handling, storage and condition of the explosive material kept in the evidence store. Police added that a comprehensive inquiry has been launched to establish the circumstances surrounding the blast and to determine whether any negligence or procedural lapse contributed to the incident.

  • | |

    Jubilant PML-N workers celebrate AJK election succ…

    Rawalpindi: Jubilant Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) workers celebrated the party’s performance in the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) elections with enthusiastic gatherings and slogan-chanting in Rawalpindi late Sunday. Senior Punjab Minister Maryam Aurangzeb joined party supporters as they marked the election victories with celebrations. Workers raised slogans in support of PML-N President Nawaz Sharif, Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif, and the Pakistan Armed Forces, while also expressing confidence in the party’s political future and its stance on Kashmir. The celebrations echoed across parts of the city as party activists chanted slogans backing the PML-N leadership, including Maryam Nawaz, and congratulated candidates on their electoral success. Supporters described the election outcome as a significant achievement for the party and vowed to continue backing its leadership in future political contests. Moreover, The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) continued to consolidate its lead in the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Legislative Assembly elections after the Election Commission announced additional constituency results, giving the party a commanding advantage in the latest vote count. According to the latest results, PML-N has secured victory in 11 constituencies, while it is leading in three more seats. The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) has won two constituencies and is ahead in four others. Polling in one constituency, LA-27, has been postponed. The newest official results announced by Election Commission member Syed Nazir-ul-Hassan Gilani confirmed PML-N’s victories in two more constituencies. In LA-38 (Jammu-5), PML-N candidate Zeeshan Ali emerged victorious after securing 13,652 votes, defeating the Pakistan Muslim League (AJK) candidate, who received 9,523 votes. In LA-39 (Jammu-6), PML-N’s Raja Muhammad Siddique claimed the seat with 10,981 votes, comfortably defeating PPP candidate Chaudhry Fakhar Zaman, who polled 5,081 votes. With these latest victories, PML-N has further strengthened its position in the AJK elections, while PPP remains competitive in several constituencies where vote counting is still underway. The final composition of the Legislative Assembly will become clearer once the remaining results are officially declared.

  • | |

    Punjab launches drone flood surveillance

    The Punjab government has introduced drone-based monitoring for the first time to strengthen its flood management system and improve early warning capabilities across the province. The new initiative is aimed at detecting flood surges before they reach populated areas, allowing authorities to take timely preventive measures and reduce the risk of damage to lives, property and infrastructure. According to a spokesperson for the Punjab government, the drone surveillance programme has been launched on the directions of Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz. The operation covers all major barrages, rivers and headworks in Punjab. Officials are using drones to monitor water levels, river flow and changing conditions in real time. The spokesperson said the technology will help authorities identify any sudden increase in water flow and provide advance warnings to disaster management agencies. This will improve emergency planning and allow local administrations to respond more quickly if flood conditions develop. As part of the monitoring campaign, drones surveyed Trimmu Barrage, where water levels were found to be within the normal range. Drone inspections were also carried out along the Ravi and Sutlej rivers in Pakpattan. Officials reported that water levels in both rivers remained stable and did not pose any immediate threat. Further drone surveillance was conducted at Talibwala Bridge over the Chenab River in Sargodha. Authorities observed that the river’s flow was normal. Similar monitoring was also carried out at Head Sidhnai, where officials reviewed water movement and overall river conditions through aerial imaging. At Head Marala, drones recorded a water flow of 174,000 cusecs. Authorities also monitored water conditions at Rasul Barrage in Mandi Bahauddin to assess the overall flood situation in the region. The provincial government said drone technology will play a key role in modernising Punjab’s flood monitoring system. Real-time aerial surveillance will help officials detect changes in river conditions more accurately and improve coordination among disaster response agencies.

  • | | |

    Acid traces found in Mir Raza Ali’s body, police…

    KARACHI: Fresh forensic findings in the death of businessman Mir Raza Ali have raised further questions over the circumstances surrounding his death, with sources saying acid traces were detected in his stomach, lungs and on parts of his body. According to sources familiar with the investigation, severe acid-related damage was found in Ali’s lungs, while traces were also detected on his hands and feet. His clothing reportedly contained acid traces as well as sweat believed to belong to another person. The investigation took another turn after police sealed a guesthouse near the location where Ali’s body was discovered. Six people working at the guesthouse were taken into custody for questioning, bringing the total number of detained individuals in the case to 21. Their statements have also been recorded as investigators attempt to establish what happened before Ali’s death. The latest developments came a day after Ali’s body was exhumed and examined by a medical board before being reburied. The second post-mortem reportedly found a gunshot wound entering from the back, along with multiple signs of physical violence. The medical examination also revealed fractured ribs and several injuries to Ali’s head and face, adding to concerns surrounding the circumstances of his death. Ali, an IBA graduate and businessman, was found dead in Karachi’s Gulistan-e-Jauhar area last month after he went missing on July 28. His father rejected suggestions that his son had died by suicide and maintained that he had been murdered. Meanwhile, Ali’s parents have opposed the proposed formation of a judicial commission, saying the police should be allowed to continue their investigation. Family lawyer Jibran Nasir said the parents had conveyed their decision in writing to the Karachi mayor, Sindh interior minister and additional inspector general. Nasir said the family currently saw no need for a judicial commission and wanted the police investigation to proceed according to law. The Sindh government had earlier announced plans to establish a judicial commission headed by high court judges. Sindh Home Minister Zia Lanjar said the decision was taken following consultations with Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, describing the commission as necessary to investigate the case. Separately, Sindh Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon has approached the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency over social media allegations linking him and his son, Rawal Memon, to Ali’s death. Through his lawyer, Memon submitted a complaint to the NCCIA Karachi Zone, accusing certain social media accounts of spreading what he termed false, fabricated and malicious claims. The complaint alleges that social media posts linked a guesthouse near the crime scene to Memon and claimed that his son travelled to London shortly after the incident. Rawal Memon, who is currently in London, rejected the allegations and described them as an organised smear campaign. The complaint further alleged that online posts questioned the medical investigation and accused Memon and his political party of shielding individuals allegedly connected to Ali’s death. With forensic findings, multiple detentions and competing calls for a judicial inquiry now surrounding the case, investigators face mounting pressure to determine how Mir Raza Ali died and identify those responsible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *