fake arms licence
| |

Fake arms licence racket busted in KP, two arreste…

Police have uncovered a fake arms licence racket in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, exposing an illegal network that allegedly produced forged weapon licences from a house. Authorities believe the operation had been running through a well-organised system and involved both private individuals and a government employee.

According to police, the suspects were preparing counterfeit arms licences using computer equipment and printing materials inside a residential property. Investigators said each fake licence was sold for amounts ranging from Rs80,000 to Rs250,000, depending on the type of licence and the customer’s requirements.

Police said an employee of the Home Department’s Licence Branch has also been found involved in the case. His alleged role is being investigated to determine how official records or procedures may have been misused.

A case has been registered, and two suspects have been arrested during the operation. Police carried out a raid and seized a large quantity of equipment allegedly used to manufacture the fake licences.

The recovered items include a laptop, a printer, ink bottles, around 700 licence cards, and other materials believed to have been used for printing forged documents. Investigators are examining the seized equipment to identify additional suspects and uncover the full scale of the operation.

Police have also written to the Home Department, requesting assistance in the investigation. Officials are expected to examine departmental records to determine whether more employees were involved or if official data was misused.

Sources in the Home Department said a committee will be formed to conduct a detailed inquiry into the incident. The committee will investigate the role of all individuals linked to the case and recommend legal and departmental action where necessary.

CCPO Dr Mian Saeed said the investigation is progressing and that authorities are determined to bring everyone involved to justice. He said strict action will be taken against all suspects, including any government officials found responsible. He added that no official involved in the fake arms licence racket would be given any leniency, and the investigation would continue until the entire network is exposed.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Seven killed in Argentina helicopter crash

    Seven emergency personnel were killed after a firefighting helicopter crashed in Argentina’s western San Juan province while responding to a forest fire, authorities said. The Bell 412 helicopter had been deployed for wildfire response operations and was travelling to neighbouring La Rioja province to assist in controlling a major forest fire when the accident occurred. Officials said the aircraft lost contact with its base shortly after take-off on Wednesday morning, prompting an emergency response. San Juan Governor Marcelo Orrego confirmed that all seven people on board lost their lives in the crash. The victims included members of the civil protection department, firefighters and senior police officials who were involved in emergency response operations. The governor expressed deep sorrow over the tragedy and extended condolences to the families of those who died while serving in the line of duty. Emergency teams were dispatched to the crash site, while authorities secured the area and began recovery operations. Officials have launched an investigation to determine what caused the helicopter to crash. No official findings have yet been released. The Bell 412 helicopter was part of the province’s aerial firefighting fleet and was regularly used to support operations against wildfires in the region. The incident has shocked emergency services across Argentina, with tributes pouring in for the personnel who lost their lives during the mission.

  • NADRA launches special registration facility for minorities

    The National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has introduced a special facility for members of minority communities. As part of activities marking National Minorities Day, NADRA has launched a special registration campaign from August 10 to 13. Under the campaign, special teams accompanied by mobile registration vans are visiting areas with large minority populations and providing citizens with identity-related services close to their homes. NADRA has urged members of minority communities to take advantage of the services being provided by these teams in their respective areas and ensure that they have valid legal identification. The mobile registration vans are also equipped with iris-scanning facilities. NADRA has strongly appealed to all citizens to make full use of this facility and get their iris scans completed without paying any additional fee.

  • |

    Mohsen Rezaei takes Iran’s top security post

    Iran has appointed veteran Revolutionary Guards commander Mohsen Rezaei as secretary of the Supreme National Security Council (SNSC), placing a prominent security figure in a senior position at a sensitive time for the country. Rezaei, 71, replaces Mohammad Baqer Zolqadr as secretary of the council. Zolqadr has instead been appointed as a political adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Mojtaba Khamenei. The SNSC plays a central role in coordinating Iran’s national security and foreign policy. It is formally chaired by President Masoud Pezeshkian and includes senior military, intelligence and government officials. Rezaei brings decades of military and political experience to the position. He joined the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) after the 1979 Islamic Revolution and became its commander in 1981, when he was only 27. He remained at the helm of the IRGC for 16 years. Much of his tenure coincided with the Iran-Iraq war from 1980 to 1988. During that period, he oversaw the development of the organisation’s land, naval and air capabilities. After leaving the IRGC command, Rezaei remained an influential figure within Iran’s political and security establishment. He later served for more than two decades as secretary of the Expediency Discernment Council. He also entered electoral politics and repeatedly sought the presidency of Iran. From 2021 to 2023, he served as vice president for economic affairs under former President Ebrahim Raisi. Rezaei holds a doctorate in economics from the University of Tehran, although much of his career has been focused on military, security and political affairs. His relationship with Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei is another significant factor behind his new appointment. Rezaei was named a military adviser to Khamenei after the latter assumed the supreme leadership earlier this year. Khamenei also issued a decree appointing Rezaei as his representative on the SNSC. The decree highlighted Rezaei’s extensive military experience, particularly his role during the Iran-Iraq war. During the ongoing conflict involving Iran, the United States and Israel, Rezaei has frequently made public statements on security and foreign policy issues. He has expressed strong opposition to concessions in negotiations with Washington and has repeatedly taken a hard-line position on Iran’s security interests. His appointment therefore places an experienced IRGC commander at the centre of Iran’s national security decision-making structure. Rezaei’s political journey began even before the Islamic Revolution. As a teenager, he became involved in opposition activities against Iran’s Pahlavi monarchy. He was arrested by SAVAK, the Shah’s security service, in 1973.

  • |

    Trial commences for Malaysian teenager accused of fatal school stabbing

    A 14-year-old boy has gone on trial in Malaysia for the alleged murder of his 16-year-old schoolmate, Yap Shing Xuen, whose body was discovered with multiple knife wounds in a secondary school toilet near Kuala Lumpur. The accused, who pleaded not guilty, faces up to 40 years in prison and potential caning if convicted, though capital punishment is barred due to his status as a minor under Malaysian law. Police confirmed the recovery of a written note at the scene and cited potential online influence, sparking nationwide debate concerning the impact of social media algorithms, incel subcultures, and youth exposure to radicalising content. In response to growing public concern surrounding youth safety, Malaysian authorities have instituted a policy prohibiting children under 16 from maintaining accounts on major social media platforms.

  • |

    Kaylee Hottle, Godzilla vs. Kong Star, dies in car accident at 18

    Kaylee Hottle, the young deaf actress who won hearts as Jia in the MonsterVerse films, has died following a car accident in Maryland. She was 18. The news was confirmed by her father, Joshua Hottle, who shared the heartbreaking update through a nearly 23-minute Facebook livestream, communicating entirely in American Sign Language. In the video, he said he was preparing to take a flight he never wanted to take, as he traveled from Texas to Maryland after learning of the crash. According to reports, Joshua was first informed of the accident before later being told that his daughter’s heart had stopped on the way to the hospital. The crash reportedly occurred in Frederick, Maryland, though full details surrounding the incident have not yet been made public. Hottle came from a multi-generational deaf family and was fluent in American Sign Language from an early age. Her journey into acting began years before her breakout role, starting with a commercial appearance as a child. That early exposure eventually led to her being discovered for the MonsterVerse franchise, where she portrayed Jia, a young deaf character who forms a powerful bond with Kong through sign language. She first appeared in the role in 2021’s Godzilla vs. Kong and returned for the 2024 sequel, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, which earned her a nomination at the Saturn Awards for Best Performance by a Younger Actor. Hottle’s portrayal was widely praised within the deaf community for offering genuine, heartfelt representation rarely seen in major blockbuster films. Many pointed to her performance as a rare instance where a deaf character’s story felt authentic rather than symbolic, largely because Hottle herself lived that experience. The Texas School for the Deaf, where Hottle was a senior, paid tribute to her on social media, expressing profound sadness over the loss of one of their students and extending condolences to her family, friends, and classmates. Tributes have continued to pour in from fans and industry figures alike, many expressing shock over the sudden loss of such a young talent whose work resonated far beyond the screen. Several supporters have highlighted how her role in the Godzilla franchise helped bring meaningful visibility to deaf audiences worldwide. As details of the accident remain limited, fans and well-wishers continue to remember Hottle for the warmth and authenticity she brought to her most memorable role.

  • | |

    Three killed, four injured in family dispute shoot…

      At least three people were killed and four others sustained injuries in a shooting incident near Charsadda Adda in Peshawar, according to local police authorities. The tragic incident, which occurred following a heated domestic dispute, has shocked residents of the area and prompted an immediate police investigation. Police officials stated that the shooting took place after an argument between two groups of relatives escalated into a violent confrontation. What initially began as a disagreement over family matters quickly turned deadly when firearms were used. The exchange of gunfire resulted in the deaths of three individuals at the scene, while four others were injured and rushed to nearby hospitals for medical treatment. The condition of the injured has not yet been officially disclosed. Law enforcement authorities responded swiftly after receiving reports of the incident. Police teams reached the crime scene, secured the area, and began collecting evidence. The bodies of the deceased were shifted to a hospital for legal formalities and post-mortem examinations, while investigators interviewed witnesses to determine the exact sequence of events. According to the police, a formal case has been registered at Faqirabad Police Station, and efforts are underway to identify and arrest those responsible for the shooting. Authorities have launched a search operation to locate the suspects, who reportedly fled the scene immediately after the incident. Police officials expressed confidence that those involved would soon be brought to justice. Preliminary investigations indicate that both groups involved in the incident are closely related. Police believe the violence stemmed from a long-standing domestic dispute that escalated beyond control. Although the exact nature of the disagreement has not been officially revealed, investigators are examining all aspects of the family conflict to establish the motive behind the shooting. Family disputes turning violent remain a serious concern in various parts of Pakistan, where disagreements over property, inheritance, financial issues, or personal matters can sometimes escalate into deadly confrontations. Law enforcement agencies have repeatedly urged citizens to resolve conflicts through legal and peaceful means rather than resorting to violence. The incident has created an atmosphere of fear and sadness among local residents, many of whom expressed concern over the increasing use of firearms in personal disputes. Community members have called on authorities to ensure that those responsible are held accountable and to strengthen measures aimed at preventing similar tragedies in the future. Police officials emphasized that the investigation is still in its early stages and that additional details will be made public as evidence is collected and witness statements are recorded. Authorities are also reviewing forensic evidence from the crime scene to support the investigation. The tragic shooting serves as a reminder of the devastating consequences of unresolved family conflicts and the dangers associated with the misuse of weapons. As the investigation continues, the families of the victims await justice, while local authorities remain committed to apprehending the suspects and uncovering the full circumstances surrounding the incident. The police have assured the public that every effort is being made to complete the investigation promptly and transparently. Further updates are expected as the search for the accused continues and more information becomes available through the ongoing inquiry.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *