jordan stephens breaks
| |

Jordan Stephens breaks silence on ‘very tough’…

Jordan Stephens has spoken publicly for the first time about his reported split from Jade Thirlwall, admitting that navigating heartbreak while under the spotlight has been far from easy.

The 34-year-old Rizzle Kicks musician addressed the situation during the latest episode of the Miss Me? podcast, where he co-hosts alongside broadcaster Miquita Oliver. Although Stephens did not go into detail about the end of the relationship, he acknowledged that the past few weeks have been emotionally challenging and said he still has not fully processed everything. 

“It’s been very tough,” Stephens admitted, explaining that he feels uncomfortable seeing his private life become a topic of public discussion. He said that while he values being honest with listeners, there are limits to what he is willing to share, especially when another person’s privacy is involved. 

Reports of Stephens’ breakup with former Little Mix star Jade Thirlwall emerged last week, with several outlets claiming the couple quietly ended their six-year relationship earlier this year. According to reports, the decision was mutual, and the pair remain on good terms despite going their separate ways. Neither Stephens nor Thirlwall has officially confirmed the details of the split beyond Jordan’s recent comments. 

During the podcast, Stephens reflected on the difficulty of experiencing heartbreak in the public eye. He said that relationships are deeply personal and that having strangers speculate about them can make an already painful experience even harder to navigate. While he hinted that he may speak more openly in the future, he stressed that now is not the right time because emotions are still raw. 

Stephens and Thirlwall began dating in 2020 after connecting during the COVID-19 lockdown. Over the years, they became one of British pop culture’s most admired couples, often supporting each other’s careers while keeping much of their relationship away from the spotlight. They also collaborated creatively, with Stephens contributing to Thirlwall’s solo music following Little Mix’s hiatus. 

Rumors of trouble in their relationship grew after fans noticed the couple had not appeared together publicly for several months. Social media users also pointed out that photos and videos featuring one another had been removed from their accounts, adding to speculation before reports of the split surfaced. 

Despite the attention surrounding his personal life, Stephens made it clear that he is focused on healing and moving forward. His candid comments offered a rare glimpse into the emotional impact of life after a long-term relationship while highlighting the challenges celebrities face when deeply personal moments become public conversation.

For now, both Stephens and Thirlwall appear to be concentrating on their respective careers, leaving fans to respect their privacy as they navigate the next chapter of their lives. 

Similar Posts

  • | |

    PML-N’s clean sweep in AJK refugee seats ref…

    ISLAMABAD: Federal Parliamentary Secretary for Information and Broadcasting Barrister Danyal Chaudhry on Sunday said the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N)’s victory on all three refugee seats in the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Legislative Assembly elections reflected the confidence of Kashmiri refugees and the people of Rawalpindi in the leadership of former prime minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif. Speaking at a press conference, Chaudhry thanked voters, Kashmiri refugees and party workers for what he described as a historic electoral success, saying the results reaffirmed the party’s strong support among the refugee community. He said the outcome of the elections was a clear endorsement of the PML-N’s political narrative and leadership, adding that the party had once again demonstrated its close connection with Kashmiri refugees by securing all three seats. The parliamentary secretary said the election mandate showed that the PML-N remained the principal political representative of Kashmiri refugees. Criticising rival parties, Chaudhry claimed that the Pakistan Peoples Party failed to attract significant voter support during the polls, alleging that its polling camps remained largely deserted throughout election day. He also said the party’s post-election press conference reflected its electoral performance. The PML-N has termed the clean sweep a major political achievement, saying it would further strengthen the party’s position among Kashmiri refugees ahead of future political contests.

  • |

    Strong earthquake shakes Naples area causing outages and transport disruption

    A magnitude 4.7 earthquake struck the Campi Flegrei area near the southern Italian city of Naples on Friday evening, causing power outages, disrupting public transport and damaging several buildings. Authorities said there were no immediate reports of serious injuries, but the tremor prompted widespread concern among residents. According to Italy’s National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology, the earthquake occurred at 7.46 pm local time. The epicentre was located in the Campi Flegrei volcanic area west of Naples at a depth of around three kilometres, making the shaking strongly felt across nearby communities. The Italian fire service reported minor structural damage to buildings in and around Naples. Emergency crews carried out inspections following the earthquake but said they had not received urgent requests to rescue trapped residents or respond to major incidents. As a safety measure, local authorities temporarily suspended rail and metro services while infrastructure was inspected for possible damage. Power outages were also reported in several areas as utility crews worked to restore electricity. Italian media described the earthquake as one of the strongest recorded in the Campi Flegrei region in recent years. Many residents rushed outdoors after feeling the powerful tremors, with videos shared on social media showing people gathering in open spaces while officials assessed the situation. Campi Flegrei is a large volcanic caldera that covers much of western Naples and is home to hundreds of thousands of people. The area has experienced increasing seismic activity over the past few years, leading the Italian government to strengthen monitoring and emergency preparedness. Although smaller earthquakes occur regularly in the region, stronger tremors have raised fears of a repeat of the seismic crisis that affected Campi Flegrei in the early 1980s. During that period, continuous earthquakes forced thousands of residents to leave their homes and caused widespread disruption across the area. Italy is one of Europe’s most earthquake prone countries because of its location along major geological fault lines. The country has experienced several devastating earthquakes over the past decades, many of which caused heavy loss of life and widespread destruction. One of the most destructive disasters in recent history occurred in central Italy in 2016, when a series of powerful earthquakes struck parts of Lazio, Umbria and the Marche regions. Around 300 people were killed and many towns suffered severe damage. The deadliest earthquake in modern Italian history occurred in November 1980, when a magnitude 6.9 quake struck the Irpinia region in southern Italy. The disaster claimed about 2,700 lives and destroyed or severely damaged hundreds of towns and villages. Officials continue to monitor seismic activity around Campi Flegrei following Friday’s earthquake, while inspections of buildings and transport infrastructure remain underway to ensure public safety.

  • |

    Tirah families to begin phased return from October…

    A high-level jirga comprising senior military and civil officials and members of a 24-member advisory committee has agreed to begin the phased return of displaced families to Tirah Valley from October 10. However, the Tehreek Mutasireen Tirah has raised concerns over the lack of an official government notification and called for an immediate formal announcement. Sources said the jirga included elders from the 24-member committee, senior military officials, district administration representatives and officials from relevant departments. The participants agreed that authorities would fully stabilise the security situation in Tirah before allowing families to return. They also pledged to implement all 37 demands presented by the committee. Development projects already underway in the valley will continue, while officials assured the committee that the concerns of verified affectees would receive priority attention. Several issues raised during the meeting were reportedly resolved on the spot. Meanwhile, the registration and verification of Tirah affectees listed with the GRC continues at a NADRA centre in Haji Market, Bara. Authorities are issuing SIM cards to verified eligible individuals and distributing financial assistance. More than 20,000 affectees have received financial aid so far, while payments to other eligible families remain in process. Lists containing more than 4,000 affectees have been issued at Haji Market, with nearly 3,000 already verified. Sohbat Khan Afridi, spokesperson for Tehreek Mutasireen Tirah, told *The Express Tribune* that displaced families have been staging a sit-in outside Bara Press Club for the past 170 days. He said that although members of the 24-member committee have mentioned October 10 as the return date, the government and jirga have yet to issue an official notification, leaving affected families uncertain about their future.

  • | |

    Pakistan Embassy in Ankara marks Kashmir Exploitat…

    The Embassy of Pakistan in Ankara commemorated Kashmir Exploitation Day with national spirit and dignity, reaffirming Pakistan’s unwavering support for the people of Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) and their right to self-determination. The event marked seven years since India’s August 5, 2019, decision to revoke the special constitutional status of Jammu and Kashmir. Participants reiterated solidarity with the Kashmiri people and called for a peaceful resolution of the dispute in accordance with United Nations Security Council resolutions. The ceremony was attended by prominent Turkish political leaders, diplomats, academics, members of parliament, representatives of think tanks, members of the diplomatic corps, media personnel, and members of the Pakistani and Turkish communities. The event began with the recitation of the Holy Quran, followed by special messages from President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif. The messages reaffirmed Pakistan’s support for the Kashmiri people’s struggle and urged the international community to play an effective role in implementing UN Security Council resolutions on the Kashmir dispute. Chairman of the Geopolitical Foresight Institute, retired Major General Goray Alpar, highlighted the strategic and geographical importance of Jammu and Kashmir. He said the people of Pakistan and Türkiye share deep historical, cultural, and brotherly ties. He also warned that India’s unilateral actions, constitutional changes, and attempts to use shared water resources as political leverage could threaten peace and stability across the region. SESRIC Director General and former Turkish minister Zehra Zümrüt Selçuk reaffirmed the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation’s principled stance on the Kashmir issue. She said a just and lasting solution could only be achieved by allowing the people of Kashmir to exercise their right to self-determination in line with UN Security Council resolutions. She also drew parallels between the situations in Kashmir and Palestine, urging the international community to fulfil its responsibilities in pursuing a fair and durable solution. Turkish parliamentarian and Deputy Chairman of the Felicity Party, Mustafa Kaya, strongly criticised India’s policies in Indian-administered Kashmir, describing them as “demographic terrorism.” He said efforts to alter the region’s demographic composition, deprive local residents of land rights, and implement settlement policies similar to those seen elsewhere would not suppress the Kashmiri people’s aspirations for freedom. In his concluding remarks, Pakistan’s Ambassador to Türkiye, Dr. Yousaf Junaid, thanked the Turkish government and people for their continued support on the Kashmir issue. He alleged that India was pursuing a policy of demographic change in the region by issuing millions of domicile certificates to non-local residents while maintaining restrictions on independent media and continuing state repression. The ambassador said India’s unilateral constitutional measures could not change the internationally recognised disputed status of Jammu and Kashmir. He stressed that lasting peace, security, and stability in South Asia depended on a just resolution of the Kashmir dispute and reiterated Pakistan’s call for a free, fair, and impartial UN-supervised plebiscite to allow the Kashmiri people to determine their political future.

  • | |

    Govt advances PNSC privatisation, moves to sell 30…

    ISLAMABAD: The federal government has accelerated plans to transfer a 30 percent stake in the Pakistan National Shipping Corporation (PNSC) to the National Logistics Corporation (NLC), establishing two high-level committees to complete the financial, commercial, and legal framework for the transaction. According to a briefing presented by the Ministry of Maritime Affairs to the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC), the committees will determine key aspects of the deal, including the share price, payment schedule, dividend distribution, utilisation of sale proceeds, and the transfer of management control. The first committee, headed by the Prime Minister’s Adviser on Privatisation, includes senior officials from the Finance, Law and Justice, and Maritime Affairs ministries, along with the Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) and the Director General of NLC. Its mandate is to finalise the financial and commercial structure of the agreement, including the valuation of shares, payment mechanism, dividend arrangements, and the injection of funds into PNSC. The second committee, led by the Secretary of the Law and Justice Division, will oversee the legal documentation required for the transaction. Its responsibilities include preparing the Share Purchase Agreement, Shareholders’ Agreement, and the legal framework governing the transfer of management control. The ECC endorsed the proposal and emphasised the importance of increasing private sector participation in future maritime initiatives to improve efficiency, strengthen governance, and unlock the sector’s economic potential. To ensure smooth implementation, the Ministry of Maritime Affairs has also proposed an Implementation Committee chaired by the Prime Minister’s Adviser on Privatisation and co-chaired by the Minister for Maritime Affairs. The committee will develop a roadmap and supervise the execution of the transaction. The government had previously granted in-principle approval for NLC to acquire a 30 percent stake in PNSC, along with management control and consolidation rights, subject to all applicable legal requirements. PNSC, a state-owned enterprise listed on the Pakistan Stock Exchange, remains majority-owned by the federal government, which holds 87.56 percent of its shares. Public investors own 10.87 percent, while the PNSC Employees Empowerment Trust holds the remaining 1.57 percent. The national shipping company currently operates a fleet of 14 vessels, including three recently added ships. Despite fluctuations in earnings, PNSC has maintained strong profitability, posting net profits of Rs30 billion in FY2022-23, Rs19.4 billion in FY2023-24, and Rs20.4 billion in FY2024-25. Established under the Pakistan National Shipping Corporation Ordinance, 1979, the organisation has undergone legislative reforms in recent years, with amendments introduced in 2023 and 2024 to align its governance framework with the State-Owned Enterprises Act, 2023. These changes are intended to improve transparency, accountability, and operational performance as the government advances its broader state-owned enterprise reform agenda.

  • |

    NYC homeowners sue Mamdani over new pied-à-terre tax rollout

    A group of New York City homeowners has taken legal action against Mayor Zohran Mamdani and the city’s finance authorities over the rollout of a new pied-à-terre tax, arguing that the administration wrongly identified some primary residences as potential second homes. The lawsuit was filed on Friday by homeowners Simon Hedley, Rachel O’Brien and Carmine Morano. The plaintiffs are not challenging the legality of the tax itself. Instead, their case focuses on how city officials identified properties and made information about potentially affected homeowners publicly available. The dispute follows the publication of a city property tax roll containing the names and addresses of more than 900,000 property owners. Although most of those properties are not subject to the new surcharge, nearly 17,000 homeowners received notices warning that their properties could potentially fall under the tax. The homeowners allege that the city’s process has incorrectly flagged primary residences and unnecessarily exposed private information. O’Brien said her family’s permanent home was identified as a possible second residence despite records indicating that the property was their primary residence. She described the situation as unreasonable and questioned why homeowners were publicly listed when their properties might not ultimately be subject to the tax. The plaintiffs have asked the court to declare the notices and the publicly released property information unlawful. They are also seeking restrictions on public access to the list. In addition, the homeowners want the city to suspend response requirements and halt enforcement measures while the legal proceedings are underway. A spokesperson for Mayor Mamdani said the administration was committed to ensuring that the tax process remained clear and accessible. The spokesperson added that the city’s Law Department was prepared to defend the administration against the lawsuit. The pied-à-terre tax targets qualifying non-primary residences valued at more than $5 million, along with certain cooperative apartments valued at $1 million or above. The surcharge was included in Mamdani’s fiscal 2027 budget as part of efforts to address New York City’s budget shortfall. The rollout has triggered significant criticism from affected homeowners. In response, Mamdani extended the deadline for property owners to demonstrate that their homes are their primary residences by four weeks. The new deadline is now September 18, giving homeowners additional time to challenge their classification and provide documentation to city authorities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *