dar highlights growing
| |

Dar highlights growing momentum in Pakistan-Russia…

ISLAMABAD: Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar has welcomed what he described as positive progress in relations between Pakistan and Russia.

Dar made the remarks during a meeting with Russian Ambassador to Pakistan Albert Khorev in Islamabad on Tuesday.

According to the Foreign Office, the two sides discussed bilateral relations and regional developments. Dar stressed the importance of maintaining the current momentum and expanding cooperation between the two countries.

The foreign minister called for greater collaboration in key areas. He also emphasised the need for regular high-level engagement to further strengthen ties between Islamabad and Moscow.

Dar said Pakistan remained committed to resolving regional disputes through dialogue and diplomatic efforts. He maintained that negotiations were the most effective way to address differences and promote peace and stability in the region.

The meeting comes as Pakistan and Russia continue efforts to broaden their relationship beyond traditional areas of cooperation.

Economic engagement has emerged as an important part of the bilateral relationship. Earlier this year, Energy Minister Awais Ahmed Khan Leghari said Pakistan and Russia had agreed to work towards an Economic Cooperation Programme extending until 2030.

The programme is expected to provide a framework for expanding economic engagement and strengthening cooperation in areas of mutual interest.

Officials have also been working to improve people-to-people contacts. A recently signed readmission agreement is expected to contribute to smoother visa arrangements and facilitate greater interaction between citizens of the two countries.

Pakistan’s engagement with Russia is also taking place against the backdrop of wider regional changes. Islamabad has repeatedly emphasised the importance of diplomatic engagement and cooperation for addressing regional challenges.

Dar’s latest meeting with the Russian ambassador reflects Pakistan’s efforts to maintain regular high-level contacts with Moscow and explore opportunities for deeper bilateral cooperation.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Police record fiancée’s statement in Mir Ra…

    Police have made fresh progress in the investigation into the murder of 25-year-old Mir Raza, whose body was found in Karachi’s Gulistan-e-Jauhar area. Investigators have recorded the statement of his fiancée and uncovered new details about his movements before his death. According to the investigation, Mir Raza left his home at approximately 4:02am on July 28. Before leaving, he reportedly left behind several personal belongings, including his wallet, house keys, and smartwatch. Police said he also transferred some money to his parents’ bank account before departing. Investigators have obtained more than 100 CCTV recordings from different locations and are reviewing the footage to trace Mir Raza’s final movements and identify any suspects or suspicious activity. Police also recorded the statement of Mir Raza’s fiancée as part of the investigation. She told investigators that he had not shared any concerns, fears, or personal problems with her before leaving home. She added that she repeatedly tried to contact him by phone on the morning of July 28 but received no response. According to the post-mortem report, Mir Raza died after suffering a gunshot wound to the chest, with excessive blood loss identified as the cause of death. Police recently recovered Mir Raza’s mobile phone from a location near the crime scene. The device has been sent for forensic examination to help investigators retrieve digital evidence and establish the circumstances leading to the killing. The investigation remains underway, with police examining CCTV footage, forensic evidence, and witness statements as they continue efforts to determine the motive behind the murder and identify those responsible.

  • | | |

    Pakistan’s debt growth falls to 20-year low: Fin…

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s Finance Ministry has reported a significant slowdown in the country’s debt growth, saying the rate of increase fell to its lowest level in two decades during fiscal year 2025-26. According to the ministry, Pakistan’s debt increased by only 7.7 per cent during 2025-26, compared with an average annual growth rate of around 16 per cent over the past 20 years. The ministry said the country’s debt-to-GDP ratio also improved, falling to 68.3 per cent from 75 per cent in fiscal year 2022-23. Between 2019 and 2021, the ratio had remained between 86 and 88 per cent. Pakistan’s external debt-to-GDP ratio also declined to 21.5 per cent, which the ministry described as the lowest level in nine years. The country’s foreign exchange reserves have meanwhile increased substantially, rising from $2.9 billion to $18.4 billion, according to the ministry. The Finance Ministry said Pakistan also repaid Rs4.72 trillion in debt ahead of schedule. It added that annual interest expenditure on government debt declined by nearly Rs2 trillion. The burden of interest payments on government revenue also fell sharply, from 61 per cent to 35 per cent, indicating an improvement in the government’s fiscal position. The ministry further said Pakistan has recorded a primary budget surplus for three consecutive years, reflecting continued efforts to strengthen fiscal management and control expenditure. Pakistan has also returned to international capital markets after a four-year gap. The country’s Panda Bond reportedly attracted demand nearly five times higher than the amount offered, indicating strong investor interest. The ministry also highlighted Pakistan’s improved credit outlook. S&P Global Ratings has maintained Pakistan’s rating at B with a stable outlook, with the ministry describing the current rating as the agency’s highest level for Pakistan in nearly nine years.

  • | | |

    Pakistan rejects Indian claims, calls allegations …

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has rejected allegations by Indian Home Minister Amit Shah linking Islamabad to the arrest of alleged terror suspects in India, describing the accusations as part of a politically motivated campaign against Pakistan. Foreign Office spokesperson Tahir Hussain Andrabi said the allegations were baseless and appeared aimed at shifting attention away from India’s own internal security challenges. He accused New Delhi of using anti-Pakistan rhetoric for domestic political purposes. The remarks followed claims by Shah that Indian security agencies had detained more than 200 suspected militants allegedly connected to Pakistan during a nationwide crackdown across 14 states on August 12. Shah said the suspects were linked to what he described as the Shahzad Bhatti Network and alleged that the arrests had prevented planned attacks. Rejecting the claims, Andrabi said Pakistan had repeatedly faced accusations that he described as part of an ongoing campaign to portray Islamabad as responsible for security problems inside India. The spokesperson also levelled counter-allegations against New Delhi, accusing India of suppressing minorities and dissent at home while allegedly supporting terrorism and destabilising activities abroad. He maintained that such accusations could not divert international attention from what Pakistan considers India’s involvement in terrorism and subversive activities. Andrabi referred to Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, who was convicted by a Pakistani military court and remains in Pakistani custody, as evidence of Islamabad’s longstanding allegations of Indian involvement in activities against Pakistan. Pakistan called on the international community to reject what it termed unfounded allegations and to hold India accountable for what Islamabad describes as state-sponsored terrorism and destabilising activities in the region. Moreover, Pakistan has strongly rejected what it described as India’s attempt to reshape the history of the 2025 military confrontation through a recently produced documentary on “Operation Sindoor,” calling the production a highly dramatized and factually distorted portrayal of events. In a statement, Pakistan said the documentary relied on selectively edited interviews, emotional narration and cinematic reconstructions to present a version of the conflict designed primarily for domestic political consumption. It argued that the production failed to provide an objective account of the military engagements and instead sought to portray a disputed outcome as an unequivocal Indian victory. Pakistan also questioned the documentary’s chronology surrounding the Pahalgam incident of April 22, 2025. It said India had subsequently claimed that the alleged perpetrators of the incident were identified and eliminated on July 28, nearly three months after Operation Sindoor. Islamabad argued that this timeline raised questions about India’s assertion that the May 7 operation was specifically intended to punish those responsible for the Pahalgam attack. The statement further rejected India’s claim of “100 percent mission success,” maintaining that Pakistani forces had effectively responded to the Indian offensive during what Pakistan refers to as Marka-e-Haq. Islamabad claimed that eight Indian military aircraft were shot down during the confrontation and said Pakistan later launched Operation Bunyanum Marsoos, targeting military installations with precision-guided rockets and missiles, precision air-launched munitions, loitering munitions and artillery. Pakistan said the documentary itself contained admissions that undermined its portrayal of decisive Indian dominance. According to Islamabad, references by Indian military officials to Pakistani missile and drone activity, prolonged engagements along the Line of Control and the activation of Indian air-defence systems demonstrated that the confrontation involved significant military exchanges on both sides. The Pakistani statement also challenged New Delhi’s account of how hostilities ended. It noted that the documentary acknowledged communication between the two countries’ Directors General of Military Operations and an agreed cessation of military activity. Islamabad said this account was inconsistent with portraying the conclusion of the conflict as an unconditional Indian military victory, particularly given the role of international diplomatic engagement in facilitating the ceasefire. Pakistan further accused the documentary of presenting contradictory explanations for India’s approach to escalation. While the production reportedly emphasised surprise attacks, precision strikes and escalation dominance, it simultaneously portrayed India as deliberately restricting the scope of the conflict and offering Pakistan an opportunity to withdraw. Islamabad described the documentary as an attempt to create a politically convenient narrative rather than an impartial military assessment. It maintained that cinematic reconstructions and official claims could not alter the chronology of events, the military engagements or the losses suffered during the confrontation. Pakistan said it had no need to construct an alternative narrative around Marka-e-Haq, arguing that battlefield developments, diplomatic interactions and subsequent statements by Indian officials provided sufficient material for assessing the conflict. Reaffirming its stated commitment to regional peace and stability, Pakistan said its armed forces remained prepared to protect the country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. It warned that any future military escalation would receive a strong response, while asserting that no subsequent narrative or media production could change the actual course of events on the battlefield.

  • Thailand Implements Strict New Penalty Guidelines For Cannabis Businesses

    BANGKOK, Thailand — The Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine has issued comprehensive new penalty guidelines that introduce strict license suspensions and permanent revocations for cannabis businesses found in breach of national regulations. The new framework is designed to tighten control over the commercial cannabis sector and ensure strict compliance with public health standards. […]

  • | |

    Hira Mani’s witty response to Katrina Kaif comparison

    Popular Pakistani television actress and singer Hira Mani sparked widespread amusement across social media after offering a quick, lighthearted response to a flattering comment from a fan. ​Known for her candid and spontaneous online persona, the actress caught the attention of digital audiences during a recent interaction on her social media page. The exchange began when a fan posted a dramatic compliment under one of her photos, playfully writing that she was “Katrina Kaif ki bhi maa” (superior even to Katrina Kaif). ​Rather than ignoring the comment or posting a conventional thank-you, Hira embraced her signature sense of humor. She quickly responded with a playful remark that was widely shared across online entertainment portals: ​”Who is Katrina Kaif? People call me Hira Mani!” ​The swift reply garnered thousands of likes and sparked a flurry of reactions from fans and followers. Social media users commended the actress for handling the exaggerated compliment with humor and confidence, praising her approachable style. ​The comment section quickly turned into a lively discussion. While many followers complimented her appearance and television work, others joined the banter, jokingly noting that as a mother of two sons, she is already a mother in real life. ​Hira Mani remains a frequent subject of media attention due to her television roles and active social media presence. Industry observers often note that her direct and unscripted interactions with followers help maintain her strong connection with audiences.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *