idaho restaurant shooting
|

Idaho restaurant shooting leaves three dead

IDAHO: A shooting at a busy fast-food restaurant in the US state of Idaho left three people dead, including the suspected gunman, and injured seven others, authorities said.

The attack occurred at an In-N-Out Burger restaurant in Twin Falls on Saturday, triggering a major emergency response as police, paramedics and other first responders rushed to the scene.

According to local police, the suspect opened fire inside or near the restaurant before the incident came to an end. Officials later confirmed that the gunman was among those killed. The identities of the victims have not yet been released as authorities continue notifying their families.

Police Chief Matthew Hicks said officers believe there was only one attacker and assured residents that there is no ongoing threat to the community. Investigators are working to establish the motive behind the shooting and determine the sequence of events that led to the violence.

Witnesses described scenes of panic as gunfire erupted. One eyewitness said he saw an armed man carrying a rifle before shots were exchanged. Restaurant employees also rushed to help injured victims, with one worker reportedly pulling a wounded woman to safety while waiting for emergency medical teams.

Seven injured people were transported to nearby hospitals for treatment. Officials have not yet released updates on their conditions.

Law enforcement agencies have secured the area and launched a full investigation. Detectives are examining evidence, reviewing surveillance footage and interviewing witnesses to understand what triggered the deadly attack.

Public officials praised the swift response of emergency services, saying their actions helped secure the scene and prevent further casualties. Authorities have urged anyone with additional information or video footage to assist investigators as the inquiry continues.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    UK lawmaker seeks court order against Grok over fake sexualised images

    LONDON: A British lawmaker has asked a London High Court to order Elon Musk’s xAI to prevent its Grok chatbot from generating manipulated sexualised images of her without consent. Labour lawmaker Jess Asato filed the case against xAI, alleging misuse of private information and breaches of data protection laws. She is seeking permanent technical measures that would stop Grok from producing altered images of her. Asato said fake content featuring her had been created after she publicly criticised Musk and Grok. She previously said one manipulated video depicted her being drugged and prepared for a sexual assault. Her lawyers argue that the design and training of Grok enabled users to generate sexualised material involving real people. They say the case could have wider implications for artificial intelligence developers and the way privacy and data protection laws apply to AI platforms. Court documents cited by Asato’s legal team reportedly refer to internal instructions given to Grok. Her lawyers claim the system contained safeguards against assisting users involved in criminal activity but had fewer restrictions concerning adult sexual and offensive content. Asato’s lawyer, Ravi Naik, argued that the platform’s behaviour reflected decisions made by its developers. He said those decisions should have legal consequences if the system fails to comply with privacy and data protection requirements. The lawsuit comes amid growing international criticism over AI-generated sexualised images. Critics have raised concerns that such technology can be used to create non-consensual material involving women and other individuals without their knowledge. xAI previously introduced restrictions on image editing in Grok. The company said it had blocked certain requests involving people in revealing clothing where such content was illegal. However, subsequent investigations found that the safeguards did not always prevent users from generating sexualised images of people, including when users indicated that the subjects had not given consent. The controversy has also triggered legal action in other jurisdictions. Baltimore filed a lawsuit against xAI over allegedly manipulated sexualised images generated using Grok. Other cases have also emerged in the United States and the Netherlands. Grok is available through Musk’s social media platform X. The AI chatbot has faced regulatory scrutiny in several countries over its image-generation capabilities. Asato’s case could therefore become an important test of whether AI companies can be held legally responsible for harmful manipulated content generated by their systems. xAI had not immediately responded to requests for comment on the allegations. The company had also not filed a response to the lawsuit at the time of the report.

  • | |

    Report details Trump’s covert aircraft switc…

    President Donald Trump quietly switched planes while departing a NATO summit in Turkey last month as part of an elaborate security maneuver designed to counter a possible Iranian threat, according to a US media report. The report said Trump boarded Air Force One in full public view before being discreetly transferred to a separate military aircraft with the help of a catering truck used to shield the movement from onlookers. Journalists and some White House staff traveling with the delegation reportedly had no idea at the time that Trump had already been moved off the plane. Officials said security teams had identified a credible Iranian threat involving a possible missile strike against the aircraft. During the Ankara summit, Trump had described Iran as the country’s top target. According to the report, Trump had traveled to Turkey aboard a newer Boeing 747-8 previously donated by Qatar, but chose to depart on the older Air Force One instead, saying at the time it was “for old time’s sake.” Footage released on July 9 showed Trump boarding the presidential aircraft at Ankara airport before being secretly transferred to a smaller C-32A military jet, a modified Boeing 757 typically used to transport the vice president. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth reportedly boarded the C-32A through a separate exterior entrance as part of the effort to keep the flight’s appearance routine. Journalists and staff who boarded Air Force One were told to lower their window shades during the departure. While in the air, Trump spoke with reporters on board and acknowledged concerns about threats from Iran, though he made no mention of the earlier switch between aircraft. Explaining why passengers had been asked to keep their windows lowered during the flight from Turkey, Trump said the flight carried added risk “because of the sleazebags we have to deal with.” A previous report had already raised questions about security risks tied to the Qatari donated jet, noting that the Secret Service had urged Trump to change planes during his return from the NATO summit. The United States has spent months upgrading the $400 million Boeing 747-8 to bring it up to presidential standards, while older Air Force One aircraft carry laser based countermeasures designed to disrupt the guidance systems of incoming missiles.

  • | | |

    Pakistan Hockey federation replaces Imad Butt with…

      The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has made a major leadership change ahead of the upcoming FIH Hockey World Cup by removing Imad Shakil Butt as captain of the national hockey team and appointing Abu Bakr as the new skipper. The decision was announced by PHF President Mohyuddin Ahmad Wani following the recommendation of the federation’s Professional Development Committee. According to the PHF, the change in captaincy is part of its strategy to strengthen the team before the prestigious international tournament and prepare it for future challenges. Abu Bakr will officially begin his captaincy during Pakistan’s home series against South Korea, which starts on July 30. The federation believes the series will provide the newly appointed captain with an ideal opportunity to lead the team before the World Cup begins. While Imad Shakil Butt has been relieved of his captaincy duties, the PHF confirmed that he will remain an important member of the national squad. As one of the team’s most experienced players, Imad is expected to continue contributing through his leadership on the field and by mentoring younger teammates. In its official statement, the Pakistan Hockey Federation expressed confidence that the combination of Abu Bakr’s leadership, the experience of senior players, and the energy of emerging talent would help build a united and competitive team. The federation emphasized that the decision was made in the best interest of Pakistan hockey and is aimed at improving the team’s overall performance in major international competitions. The captaincy change comes at a crucial time, with the FIH Hockey World Cup scheduled to begin on August 15. The tournament will be jointly hosted by the Netherlands and Belgium and will feature 16 of the world’s top hockey nations competing for the coveted title. The participating teams have been divided into four groups of four. Pakistan has been placed in Group D alongside England, Wales, and its traditional rival, India. The group is expected to be highly competitive, with every match carrying significant importance for qualification to the knockout stage. One of the most anticipated fixtures of the tournament will be the Pakistan-India clash, which is scheduled to take place on August 19. Matches between the two neighboring nations always attract worldwide attention due to their historic rivalry and passionate fan base. Supporters from both countries will be eagerly waiting for another exciting chapter in one of hockey’s greatest rivalries. Pakistan will enter the World Cup with renewed hopes under Abu Bakr’s leadership. The federation expects the new captain to inspire confidence within the squad and help create a positive environment as the team aims to make a strong impression on the global stage. The upcoming home series against South Korea will also serve as an important test, allowing the coaching staff to assess the team’s preparations before the World Cup. With a blend of experienced campaigners and promising young players, Pakistan will be looking to deliver improved performances and restore its status among the world’s leading hockey nations during the upcoming tournament.

  • | |

    Hamza Sohail’s new look sparks Chulbul Pandey comparisons

    Pakistani actor Hamza Sohail has grabbed attention on social media with his latest appearance. Fans were quick to compare his new look with Salman Khan’s iconic character Chulbul Pandey from the Bollywood film Dabangg. Hamza recently shared a short mirror video on his Instagram Story. He appeared in a noticeably different style. The actor was seen wearing glasses and sporting a thick moustache. His new appearance was a clear change from his usual clean-shaven look. The unexpected transformation immediately caught the attention of his followers. Fans began discussing his new style across social media platforms. Several users compared Hamza’s moustache-and-glasses look to Salman Khan’s portrayal of police officer Chulbul Pandey. The character became widely popular after Salman Khan played the role in the blockbuster Dabangg franchise. Fans praised Hamza’s latest appearance in the comments and online posts. Many described him as a “hero” and a “90s-style hero”. Others called him extremely dashing. Several fans also used fire emojis to show their appreciation for the new look. The new appearance comes as Hamza continues to attract attention both for his acting and his personal life. Rumours surrounding Hamza Sohail and actress Sajal Aly have also recently gained momentum on social media. However, the latest discussion surrounding the actor has largely focused on his dramatic change in appearance. Hamza is considered one of the prominent young actors in Pakistani television. He is the son of renowned actor and comedian Sohail Ahmed. Despite coming from an established entertainment family, Hamza has worked to build his own identity in the industry. The actor began his television career with the drama Raqeeb. His performance helped him establish himself as a young talent. He later gained wider recognition through the comedy drama Fairy Tale. The show brought him considerable popularity among television viewers. Hamza subsequently appeared in Zard Patton Ka Bunn. His performance in the drama was also appreciated by audiences. Over the years, the actor has continued to experiment with different roles and appearances. His latest style has once again placed him in the spotlight. The comparison with Salman Khan’s Chulbul Pandey has added further interest to his new appearance.

  • | |

    Qalibaf accuses Trump of using “Theater Diplomacy” on Iran

      Iranian Parliament Speaker and the country’s chief negotiator, Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf, has accused U.S. President Donald Trump of engaging in what he described as “theater diplomacy,” saying Washington continues to send mixed signals by alternating between military threats and calls for negotiations. In a statement posted on social media platform X, Qalibaf criticized Trump’s recent rhetoric, saying the U.S. administration repeatedly announces the possibility of major military action before stepping back and expressing interest in diplomatic talks. “First they say a major attack is coming, then they say they want negotiations. This cycle of theater diplomacy continues,” Qalibaf wrote. He argued that Washington keeps shifting its position between military pressure and diplomatic engagement, creating uncertainty rather than building trust. According to Qalibaf, the repeated use of threats, broken promises, and what he called “false narratives” has failed to pressure Iran into changing its stance. “The strategy of intimidation has not worked,” he said. “It is time to accept the realities, honor commitments, and replace political theater with serious and responsible diplomacy.” Qalibaf’s remarks came after President Trump claimed that he had canceled plans for a large-scale military strike against Iran. Trump said Iran and several countries in the region had urged the United States to avoid military action, adding that diplomatic progress was within reach. The U.S. president also claimed that ongoing negotiations could lead to a temporary agreement involving the United States, Iran, and Oman. He said such a deal would reopen the Strait of Hormuz without delay and eliminate what he described as the Iranian nuclear threat. The exchange highlights the sharp differences between Tehran and Washington as both sides continue to send conflicting messages about diplomacy and the possibility of easing tensions in the region. While U.S. officials speak of negotiations and a potential agreement, Iranian leaders remain skeptical, arguing that meaningful progress will require the United States to move beyond threats and fulfill its commitments.

  • |

    Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce’s pets struggle after wedding

    Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce may have settled comfortably into married life, but their beloved pets are reportedly taking a little longer to adjust to their new family dynamic. The pop superstar and NFL champion exchanged wedding vows on July 3, 2026, at Madison Square Garden in what was described as a dreamy and intimate ceremony. Since then, the newlyweds are believed to have been enjoying married life and settling into their relationship with ease.However, their pets appear to be facing an entirely different kind of adjustment. According to people familiar with the couple, Swift’s cats are still getting used to Kelce’s dog, Wendy, who has become part of their shared household. While the couple themselves have reportedly adapted quickly to married life, their four-legged companions are finding it harder to establish a comfortable routine together. Swift’s cats have spent years enjoying their familiar surroundings and are reportedly not particularly impressed by the arrival of an energetic dog. Wendy, whom Kelce adopted last year, is said to be eager to interact and play with the cats, but the feeling does not appear to be mutual. The biggest challenge seems to be their very different personalities. Wendy reportedly wants to play and socialize throughout the day, while Swift’s cats prefer a quieter environment where they can relax and have their own space. The situation has reportedly become a humorous part of life inside the couple’s home, with the animals slowly learning how to coexist under the same roof. Despite the difficulties, there is reportedly no serious concern among Swift and Kelce’s friends. The couple are said to be handling the situation patiently and allowing their pets to adjust at their own pace rather than forcing them to become close immediately. The animals are gradually becoming more comfortable around one another and are eventually able to spend time in the same room. Although they may not have reached the stage of cuddling together just yet, their progress is reportedly encouraging. The situation is also being viewed as a normal part of blending two households after marriage. While Swift and Kelce have already established their rhythm as a couple, their pets are still learning how to share their space and routines. Interestingly, the pets’ slow adjustment comes as Swift and Kelce mark another important milestone in their relationship. The couple recently reached the one-year anniversary of their engagement, which they publicly announced on August 10, 2025. For now, the newlyweds appear to be giving their pets plenty of time to settle into their new reality. If their owners’ relationship is any indication, there may be plenty of time for the cats and Wendy to eventually find their own version of harmony.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *