bus crash hungarian
| |

Bus crash on Hungarian highway kills twelve Polish…

Twelve people died and dozens more sustained injuries after a bus carrying Polish pilgrims veered off a motorway in Hungary and crashed into a ditch early Sunday.

Police said the bus overturned after leaving the M3 motorway, which links the Hungarian capital Budapest with the northeastern city of Nyíregyháza, at around 1:00 a.m. local time, or 2300 GMT Saturday. Investigators believe the driver fell asleep at the wheel, and he has since been taken into custody.

State media reported that firefighters have rescued 35 of the 57 passengers and two drivers who were aboard the bus. According to the Hungarian news agency MTI, emergency crews initially worked to lift the rear axle of the 24 tonne vehicle to free people trapped underneath before cranes arrived on scene to lift the entire bus.

Hungary’s ambulance service said it treated one person with life threatening injuries, nine others with serious injuries and 37 more with minor injuries following the crash.

Hungarian Prime Minister Péter Magyar offered his condolences to the victims’ families and wished the injured a swift recovery. Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk echoed those sentiments and said he had ordered a special Polish aircraft carrying foreign ministry officials and medical personnel to travel to the scene, saying Poland stands together with those affected during the difficult moment.

The bus had been returning from Bosnia and Herzegovina and was carrying pilgrims from Poland’s southernmost region of Podkarpacie, according to the Polish news agency PAP. Poland’s Foreign Minister Radosław Sikorski said his Hungarian counterpart informed him that police had already begun questioning the driver as part of the investigation into the crash.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Camila Mendes breaks silence on eating disorder an…

    Camila Mendes is opening up about one of the most difficult periods of her life, revealing that the intense pressure she experienced while filming the first season of Riverdale contributed to an eating disorder relapse and frequent panic attacks. The actress shared her emotional story during a recent appearance on the On Purpose with Jay Shetty podcast, where she reflected on the challenges of navigating fame at a young age.  Mendes, 32, explained that her struggle was fueled by perfectionism and the constant pressure to look flawless on camera. She admitted that she felt she had to be at her best every single day, both in terms of her performance and appearance, leaving little room for mistakes or emotional vulnerability. Those expectations, she said, intensified body image issues that had first developed during her high school years.  The Riverdale star recalled watching episodes of the show and becoming overly critical of her appearance. She said she would focus on perceived flaws instead of appreciating her work, which only worsened her unhealthy relationship with food and her body. Mendes described feeling “disgusting” on camera at times, admitting that the relentless self-criticism played a major role in triggering her eating disorder.  Alongside the eating disorder, Mendes revealed that she also experienced panic attacks while working on the hit CW series. She explained that the demanding filming schedule often left her with little time to process her emotions. Whenever she felt overwhelmed, she struggled to express what she was going through because she did not want to delay production or let the cast and crew down.  As the pressure mounted, Mendes was eventually prescribed anti-anxiety medication to help her cope. Looking back, she admitted that while the medication helped her continue working, it also left her feeling emotionally numb. She now believes it was a temporary solution rather than a long-term answer to what she was experiencing.  Despite the difficult memories, Mendes emphasized that she does not view her Riverdale journey negatively. She said she still treasures many experiences from the seven-season series and remains grateful for the opportunities it gave her. However, she acknowledged that being in her early 20s and having little control over her schedule made the experience far more challenging than it might have been later in life.  Today, Mendes says she has developed a healthier relationship with herself by prioritizing mental well-being over perfection. By sharing her story, she hopes others facing similar struggles understand they are not alone and that recovery is possible. Her candid reflections also highlight the hidden pressures that many young actors face behind the scenes, reminding fans that even successful stars can quietly battle anxiety, self-doubt and body image issues while pursuing their dreams. 

  • | |

    Pinky’s account received Rs300m in one year: Sin…

    Sindh Additional Inspector General (AIG) Azad Khan has told the Senate Standing Committee on Interior that a bank account allegedly linked to drug case suspect Anmol alias Pinky received around Rs300 million within a year. Briefing the committee, Azad Khan said one transaction involving the account amounted to Rs290 million. He added that financial data involving transactions worth around Rs1 billion had so far emerged during the investigation. The briefing was given at a meeting of the Senate Sub-Committee on Interior, chaired by Senator Saifullah Abro. According to the Sindh police official, 10 people have been challaned in connection with the Anmol alias Pinky case. He said two individuals were allegedly operating accounts linked to the suspect and were running their activities from Lahore. The AIG also identified a suspect named Sameer as an alleged associate of Anmol. Azad Khan said another suspect, identified as Aqib, was allegedly running the network in Karachi. He added that two women were also allegedly part of the network and worked as riders for Pinky. According to the briefing, some African nationals allegedly supplied cocaine to the network. The Sindh police official further said investigators had identified 25 riders allegedly associated with the network. He said investigations were continuing into accounts allegedly held in the names of other individuals but believed to be linked to Anmol. Azad Khan also commented on the scale of the alleged drug network. He said media attention had created significant public discussion around the case, but claimed that Anmol was not among the largest drug suppliers. During the meeting, Senator Saifullah Abro questioned the AIG about statements made by Minister of State for Interior Talal Chaudhry regarding the case. Abro asked whether the minister had contacted the Sindh police in connection with Anmol alias Pinky. Azad Khan replied that the Minister of State for Interior had not contacted the police regarding the matter. The committee also discussed other issues related to law enforcement and ongoing investigations in Sindh. Senator Abro raised concerns over alleged corruption involving provincial ministers and referred to several major development projects, including the Yellow Line and Blue Line projects. He also mentioned the arrest of Zameer Abbasi during the discussion.

  • | |

    Victory Monument unveiled in Islamabad

    ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Thursday inaugurated a 220-foot-high Victory Monument in Islamabad, commemorating what officials described as Pakistan’s historic victory in the Battle of Haq. The inauguration ceremony brought together the country’s civil and military leadership, including Chief of Defence Forces Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir, the Senate chairman, National Assembly speaker, federal ministers, service chiefs and Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz. Senior diplomats and representatives of the armed forces, civil armed forces and police from all provinces, Azad Jammu and Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan also attended. The ceremony opened with the recitation of the Holy Quran, followed by a presentation highlighting the construction and significance of the monument. President Zardari and Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif subsequently unveiled the monument. Addressing the gathering, President Zardari praised Pakistan’s armed forces for their role in the country’s military success and described the victory as a lasting symbol of the sacrifices made by martyrs and armed forces personnel. He said Pakistan remained committed to peace and that the international community recognized its contribution to regional stability. The president stressed that Pakistan did not seek confrontation and referred to his family’s historical connection with the Kashmir cause. He also highlighted Pakistan’s diplomatic efforts in promoting peace, including its role in facilitating the Iran-US ceasefire. Speaking about Gaza, he condemned the ongoing bloodshed and reaffirmed Pakistan’s support for the Palestinian people. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, in his address, said Pakistan desired peace rather than conflict but warned that its peaceful approach should never be interpreted as weakness. He said Pakistan had emerged as an important force for stability in the region and would continue working to prevent further conflicts. The premier also spoke about the Mecca Defence Agreement and Turkey’s participation in the arrangement, describing it as an important development for peace and security in the Middle East. He reiterated Pakistan’s support for Palestinian rights and said the country’s position on Kashmir remained firm. Shehbaz Sharif urged the Afghan authorities to prevent terrorist elements from using Afghan territory against Pakistan. He also expressed appreciation for US President Donald Trump’s role in helping secure a ceasefire between Pakistan and India, saying the development had helped save millions of lives and expressing hope for stronger Pakistan-US relations. The prime minister called for national unity, saying differences should not turn into hostility and warning that no hostile force should underestimate Pakistan’s resolve. As part of the Independence Day celebrations, the national flag was hoisted at the monument shortly after midnight on August 14. The 220-foot flag was raised in the presence of senior civilian and military leaders, adding a symbolic dimension to the ceremony. At the conclusion of the event, Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir presented President Zardari with a commemorative model of the Victory Monument. The monument is expected to serve as a prominent national symbol, reflecting Pakistan’s military history, the sacrifices of its armed forces and the country’s stated commitment to national unity, sovereignty and peace.

  • Tropical Storm Maysak Lashes Thailand with Torrential Rain and Sea Alerts

    BANGKOK, Thailand — Tropical Storm Maysak is bringing severe weather conditions to several regions of Thailand, prompting heavy rainfall warnings and marine advisories, even as the storm system itself remains centered over China and will not make direct landfall in the Kingdom. Tropical Storm Kalmaegi Set to Extend Rainfall Across Thailand According to the Thai […]

  • | |

    Arsalan Butt addresses impact of Mamya Shajaffar’s allegations

    Pakistani actor Arsalan Butt has spoken out regarding the severe emotional, professional, and personal toll he experienced following serious workplace harassment allegations made against him by fellow actress and model Mamya Shajaffar. ​The controversy originally erupted when Shajaffar appeared as a guest on host Iffat Omar’s digital talk show, Say It All, where she detailed a series of uncomfortable experiences with a co-star identified simply as “Arsalan”. During the interview, Shajaffar described instances where her co-star allegedly made unsolicited remarks regarding her physical appearance, exhibited aggressive behavior during an argument, and attempted physical contact despite her explicit objections. While the initial vague naming prompted social media speculation that pointed toward actor Arsalan Khan, Shajaffar quickly clarified online that her allegations were directed at Arsalan Butt, her co-star from the television drama Meesni. ​Following the viral interview, Butt categorically denied all charges, characterizing the allegations as entirely false, malicious, and damaging to his character. Speaking on the fallout, the actor shared how the immediate public backlash and relentless online commentary deeply impacted his mental well-being, disrupted his professional commitments, and caused distress to his family. Butt expressed disappointment over what he described as a growing culture of bringing sensitive workplace grievances to public talk shows and social media platforms rather than filing formal complaints through proper administrative or legal channels at the time of occurrence. He noted that unproven public claims carry devastating consequences for an artist’s livelihood and reputation. ​Seeking legal recourse, Butt initiated formal proceedings by sending Shajaffar a legal notice demanding an immediate retraction of the statements, the removal of online video clips, and an unconditional public apology. Shajaffar responded by serving a Rs 1 billion counter-notice, asserting that Butt’s legal action was an effort to silence and intimidate her after alleged workplace misconduct. ​After weeks of public and legal hostility, both performers eventually opted to end the dispute through an out-of-court settlement. Facilitated by project director Meer Sikandar alongside industry elders and mutual mediators, the actors signed a joint agreement withdrawing all notices, complaints, and past allegations. The document specified that the resolution did not signify an admission of guilt, misconduct, or liability from either party. ​Reflecting on the ordeal, Butt emphasized the necessity of due process and constructive communication in resolving industry conflicts, acknowledging that while the matter is legally closed, the experience highlighted the extreme volatility of social media narratives in shaping public perception. ​This video is relevant because it provides an in-depth news coverage detailing Arsalan Butt breaking his silence regarding Mamya Shajaffar’s allegations and the subsequent legal notice.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *