azma bukhari opposition
| |

Azma Bukhari: Opposition can’t stop PML-N wi…

Punjab Information Minister Azma Bukhari has expressed confidence that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) will emerge victorious in the second phase of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Legislative Assembly elections.

In a statement, Azma Bukhari said political opponents alleging electoral rigging would continue to make such claims, but the people would keep placing their trust in the PML-N through the democratic process. She maintained that the party’s candidates were expected to secure victories with comfortable margins.

The minister said polling during the second phase of the AJK elections was conducted in a peaceful atmosphere, with voters actively participating and exercising their democratic right across the constituencies.

Azma Bukhari claimed that many voters were supporting the PML-N because they appreciated the performance of Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz. She said the provincial government’s development initiatives had strengthened public confidence in the party and encouraged voters to support its candidates.

Criticising the opposition, she said parties raising allegations about the electoral process had failed to gain significant public support. According to her, such criticism did not reflect the overall mood of the electorate.

Highlighting the party’s development agenda, Azma Bukhari said the people of Azad Kashmir also deserved modern infrastructure and public welfare projects. She referred to improved road networks, electric bus services, and the Apni Chhat Apna Ghar housing programme as examples of initiatives that could also benefit the region.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    US appeals Court again blocks Trump’s $100,0…

    The Trump administration has suffered another legal setback after a US federal appeals court refused to reinstate a controversial $100,000 fee for H-1B visas, dealing a fresh blow to the administration’s immigration policy. A three-judge panel of the First US Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston ruled that the administration had failed to demonstrate a strong likelihood of success in its appeal or prove that it had acted within its legal authority when imposing the massive fee increase. The decision comes in a lawsuit filed by attorneys general from 20 Democratic-led states, who challenged the legality of the policy soon after it was introduced. The appeals court’s ruling leaves in place an earlier decision issued on June 8, when a lower court declared the $100,000 H-1B visa fee unlawful. That court concluded that Congress had never granted the executive branch the authority to impose a charge of that magnitude, describing it as a tax that exceeded the administration’s legal powers. President Donald Trump introduced the fee increase through an executive order issued last year, arguing that the H-1B visa program had been widely used by companies to replace American workers with lower-paid foreign professionals. The administration maintained that the significantly higher fee would discourage misuse of the program and encourage employers to prioritize hiring US workers. Critics, however, argued that the measure would severely disrupt industries that rely on highly skilled international talent, particularly the technology, healthcare and engineering sectors. Under current immigration rules, the United States issues 65,000 H-1B visas annually, along with an additional 20,000 visas for applicants holding advanced academic degrees from US institutions. The visas are generally granted for periods ranging from three to six years. Before Trump’s proposed increase, employers typically paid between $2,000 and $5,000 in government filing fees for an H-1B visa, depending on the size of the company and other applicable charges. The proposed $100,000 fee would not have applied to foreign nationals already in the United States on student visas who later transitioned to H-1B status. The latest court ruling represents another significant legal obstacle for the Trump administration’s immigration agenda and ensures that the dramatic fee increase will remain suspended while the broader legal battle continues.

  • | | |

    Google releases Android 17 QPR2 beta 3 with new fe…

    Google has released Android 17 Beta 3, also known as the QPR2 Beta 3 update, for eligible Pixel devices. The latest beta includes bug fixes as well as several new features and customization options. One of the biggest changes is a redesigned Quick Settings editor. The feature will allow users to arrange toggles and settings according to their preferences. Users can also choose which Quick Settings tiles appear in larger formats. Google is further expanding customization by allowing users to adjust the position of the brightness slider and media player. Additional theming options are also reportedly being prepared for the final release, including adjustable colour hues and more blur effects across different parts of the interface. The Android 17 Beta 3 update also introduces new call-protection features designed to help users avoid social-engineering scams. Additional confirmation dialogs may appear when users dial numbers associated with call forwarding, reducing the risk of unknowingly redirecting their calls to another number. The QPR2 Beta 3 update is currently available to eligible Pixel devices through the beta programme. While some features are already available for testing, Google is expected to introduce further improvements before the stable Android 17 release.

  • | |

    Paramount+ executive shares big update about Landm…

      Fans of Landman have plenty to look forward to as the Paramount+ drama moves toward its highly anticipated third season. The Taylor Sheridan and Christian Wallace-created series has officially been renewed, and recent updates suggest that the next chapter of the hit oil drama is taking shape. Paramount+ confirmed the renewal in December 2025 after Landman delivered strong viewing numbers for the streaming service. The third season will continue to be executive produced by Sheridan, Wallace, David C. Glasser and several other members of the creative team.  The biggest question for viewers has been when the new episodes will arrive. Paramount+ has confirmed that season 3 is coming, but the streamer has not announced an official premiere date. Its own update notes that both previous seasons launched in November, although that pattern does not guarantee the same release window for the new season.  Production timing has also become an important part of the conversation. Earlier expectations pointed toward a quicker return, but reports indicate that filming has been pushed later than initially anticipated. That has raised the possibility that viewers may have to wait until 2027 rather than seeing the season in late 2026.  There is, however, plenty of story left to explore. Season 2 ended with major changes for Billy Bob Thornton’s Tommy Norris. After being pushed out of M-Tex, Tommy joined forces with his son Cooper and Danny Morrell to establish a new oil business. At the same time, Demi Moore’s Cami became an increasingly powerful figure at M-Tex, setting the stage for a new professional rivalry.  Thornton is expected to return as Tommy, while other familiar faces are also likely to continue their stories. However, Paramount+ had not yet officially announced the complete season 3 cast in its April update.  Christian Wallace has previously expressed enthusiasm about continuing the series, saying there is still plenty of story to tell. He suggested that the show has significant “runway” remaining as long as the characters and story continue to develop in worthwhile ways.  That approach could make season 3 particularly exciting. Tommy is no longer simply trying to survive inside someone else’s oil empire. He is now building something of his own, while facing new business dangers and complicated family relationships. For now, fans will have to remain patient for an official premiere announcement. What is clear is that Landman is not going anywhere. With Paramount+ backing another season and the story entering a completely new phase, season 3 could become one of the show’s biggest chapters yet.

  • | |

    Hailey Bieber steals the show at Kylie Jenner’s birthday party

    Hailey Bieber turned heads with a playful party moment during Kylie Jenner’s 29th birthday celebrations in Beverly Hills. Kylie hosted a pink-themed gathering over the weekend as part of her early birthday celebrations. The party brought together several members of her close circle, including Hailey, Kim Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian. Guests followed a “princess kitty” theme. They were seen wearing tiaras and colourful feather boas as they joined the celebrations. Hailey shared several glimpses of the party with her followers on Instagram. However, one unusual photo quickly became a talking point among fans. In the picture, Hailey appeared in a silver and pink tiara with a fluffy pink feather boa. She was seen playfully posing behind a friend in a cheeky and unexpected manner. The photo was initially shared by Kylie and Hailey’s close friend Devon Lee Carlson. Hailey later reposted the image on her own Instagram account. For the celebration, Hailey kept her outfit casual. She wore a pink tank top with khaki trousers and completed the look with the party accessories. Kylie began celebrating her birthday ahead of the actual date. She turned 29 on Monday, making the weekend gathering part of her early birthday festivities. Hailey’s husband, Justin Bieber, also attended the celebration. The event featured several people from Kylie’s close friendship group. Kylie’s sister Kendall Jenner was also seen in a group photograph from the party. She wore a light pink tank top with black wide-leg trousers, along with a tiara and feather boa.

  • | |

    Irina Shayk finds new boyfriend after parting ways…

    Supermodel Irina Shayk appears to be embracing a new chapter in her love life. Nearly three years after her brief romance with former NFL star Tom Brady ended, the Russian model is reportedly dating NBA player Devin Booker. According to multiple reports, the relationship is still in its early stages, but those close to the pair say the connection is growing stronger with each passing week.  Sources claim Shayk and Booker were introduced through mutual friends several months ago. Since then, they have been spending time together whenever their busy schedules allow. With Booker preparing for the upcoming NBA season, the two are reportedly making the most of the summer, enjoying low-key outings and getting to know each other away from the public eye.  Romance rumors intensified after the pair were spotted together in the Hamptons over the weekend. Witnesses reportedly saw them leaving a café before later attending a social gathering in Montauk. While neither Shayk nor Booker has confirmed the relationship publicly, insiders say the model is “very into him” and may even attend some of his basketball games once the season begins.  The reported romance comes after Shayk’s short-lived relationship with Tom Brady, which first made headlines in the summer of 2023. The pair dated for a few months before quietly going their separate ways. At the time, sources described the split as amicable, saying the relationship had simply “fizzled out” without any drama or hard feelings.  Before Brady, Shayk was in a long-term relationship with actor Bradley Cooper, with whom she shares daughter Lea De Seine. Despite ending their romance in 2019, the former couple have maintained a friendly co-parenting relationship and have often been praised for putting their daughter first.  Booker, meanwhile, was previously in a high-profile relationship with reality star Kendall Jenner. The NBA standout has largely kept his personal life private since their split, making the reported romance with Shayk one of his first public dating stories in recent years.  Although neither Shayk nor Booker has addressed the reports directly, those close to the couple say they are enjoying the early stages of their relationship without rushing into the spotlight. For now, the pair seem content to let their romance develop naturally, proving that sometimes the best relationships begin quietly before capturing the world’s attention. 

  • | |

    Zara Larsson unfollows BTS members after Chris Bro…

    Zara Larsson has become the center of an online debate after social media users claimed the Swedish pop star unfollowed members of BTS following their alleged attendance at a Chris Brown concert in Toronto earlier this month. The claim originated from a parody account that linked BTS members J-Hope and RM to the controversy, suggesting Larsson had unfollowed them because of their reported appearance at Brown’s concert. The post quickly gained attention because Larsson previously collaborated with BTS on the 2019 song “A Brand New Day,” recorded with J-Hope for the BTS World soundtrack. However, fans soon challenged the claim, pointing out that Larsson had not been following the members’ individual Instagram accounts in the first place. Others also noted that she continues to follow BTS’s official account, casting further doubt on the suggestion that she deliberately unfollowed the members as a response to the concert. The discussion has nevertheless gained momentum because of Larsson’s previously public stance toward Brown. In a February 2026 interview with Cosmopolitan, the singer spoke about distancing herself from the artist and said she had blocked his music on Spotify. Her comments have continued to fuel conversations about how artists navigate professional associations with controversial figures. The latest social media speculation has therefore reopened broader discussions about celebrity relationships, artistic collaborations and accountability. While fans have largely debunked the specific unfollowing claim, the episode demonstrates how quickly unverified posts can spread when they involve major artists and long-standing collaborations. Neither Larsson nor the BTS members have publicly addressed the viral claim. For now, there is no confirmed evidence that Larsson changed her social-media relationship with BTS because of the Toronto concert. The incident also highlights the challenges celebrities face in an era where social-media activity can become the basis for widespread speculation, even when the original claims are based on incomplete or misleading information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *