ainak wala jin
| |

Ainak Wala Jin creator Hafeez Tahir condemns AI remake

Veteran writer and director Hafeez Tahir, the creator of the iconic Pakistani fantasy television series Ainak Wala Jin, has strongly criticised the makers of the recently released AI-generated film adaptation, alleging that his original work was used without his permission.
The AI-based adaptation was released in cinemas earlier this month, prompting Tahir to share a video on Instagram in which he expressed his disappointment and urged the public to spread awareness about what he described as the unauthorised use of his creation. In the caption accompanying the video, he referred to the matter as “daylight robbery.”
Speaking directly to viewers, Tahir asserted that Ainak Wala Jin was entirely his original creation.
“Today I am very angry because my life’s work, Ainak Wala Jin, is being taken and its name is being used in an AI-generated film that has been released in theatres. I’d like to tell you all that this is my idea, my concept, my creation,” he said.
The veteran filmmaker further explained his role in developing the beloved television series.
“I am the concept writer. I created the name, I directed it and made a quality serial,” Tahir stated.
He added that he later sold the rights to a private television channel, which, according to him, continues to benefit from the show’s popularity by attracting millions of views through YouTube uploads.
Tahir also alleged that neither the filmmaker nor the cinema releasing the AI adaptation sought his approval before using the title and concept.
“Neither the filmmaker nor the cinema that released the film sought my permission,” he claimed.
The creator further criticised the heavy reliance on artificial intelligence in the adaptation, arguing that it stripped away the originality and emotional appeal of the classic television series.
“To take a series and base it on AI is to ruin an iconic idea. They’ve changed the appearance of the characters and destroyed them,” he said.
Expressing particular disappointment over the portrayal of one of the show’s most recognisable characters, Tahir added, “My main character, Nastoor Jin, looks like a dacoit here. They have changed the original characters, their voices and replaced them with AI-generated music. In this way, they have ruined such a beautiful idea.”
Concluding his statement, Tahir suggested he may pursue legal action over the matter.
“Now tell me, should we stay quiet or move forward and take legal action?” he asked.
The video drew significant attention online, with many fans supporting Tahir and expressing concern over the use of artificial intelligence to recreate a cherished Pakistani television classic without the creator’s involvement.
Several users criticised the filmmakers for relying on AI, while others said the controversy was upsetting because Ainak Wala Jin remains an important part of their childhood memories. One fan described the series as a defining part of growing up, while another said the situation was “so upsetting.”
Originally broadcast in 1993, Ainak Wala Jin became one of Pakistan’s most popular children’s fantasy dramas. Running for 152 episodes, the series followed Nastoor Jin, portrayed by Shahzad Qaiser, a genie who travels to the human world in search of a cure for his weak eyesight. The show remains one of the country’s most memorable television productions decades after its original release.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Women’s T20 Asia Cup 2026 likely to be held in U…

    The Women’s T20 Asia Cup 2026 is expected to be hosted by the United Arab Emirates (UAE), with participating teams reportedly informed about the possible tournament dates through unofficial channels. The Asian Cricket Council (ACC) is expected to make an official announcement regarding the venue and schedule soon. According to cricket reports, the tournament is likely to take place from August 28 to September 13 and will feature eight teams competing for the continental title. The UAE has emerged as the likely host after discussions regarding the tournament’s arrangements and logistics. The competition is expected to include some of the leading women’s cricket teams from Asia, including Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Malaysia, Thailand, and the UAE. The participation of eight teams highlights the growing popularity and development of women’s cricket across the region. The Women’s Asia Cup has become one of the most important tournaments in the Asian cricket calendar, providing teams with an opportunity to compete at a high level and prepare for major international events. The upcoming edition is expected to attract significant attention from cricket fans across Asia. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has already announced its squad for the tournament. Star all-rounder Harmanpreet Kaur has been retained as captain of the Indian women’s team, with the side aiming to continue its strong performances in regional competitions. Pakistan’s women’s team is also expected to participate in the tournament as part of its preparations for upcoming international assignments. The competition will provide players with valuable experience against some of Asia’s strongest cricketing nations. The UAE has previously hosted several international cricket events due to its modern facilities, suitable playing conditions, and established cricket infrastructure. Venues in the country have regularly hosted international matches and major tournaments, making it a preferred destination for cricket events when neutral venues are required. The final confirmation of the venue, match schedule, and tournament details will come from the Asian Cricket Council. Until then, teams are expected to continue preparations based on the proposed dates. With regional rivals set to compete and eight teams participating, the Women’s T20 Asia Cup 2026 is expected to be an exciting event for fans and an important platform for the growth of women’s cricket in Asia.

  • | |

    Heavy rain floods Rawalpindi, Islamabad as Nullah …

    Heavy rain continued in Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Several low-lying areas were flooded after hours of intense rainfall. Water levels in Nullah Lai rose sharply. The situation has created concerns about possible flooding in areas located along the waterway. According to the Managing Director of the Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA), the water level at Katarian reached 20 feet. Warning sirens were sounded around Nullah Lai as a precaution. The water level at Gawalmandi Bridge was also recorded at 17 feet. Authorities are closely monitoring the situation as more rainfall is expected in the region. Residents living along the banks of Nullah Lai were advised to leave their homes immediately. The administration has urged people in vulnerable areas to move to safer locations. Several parts of Rawalpindi were affected by the heavy rain. Pirwadhai was among the areas that came under water. Roads and streets in low-lying localities were also affected. Rain was also reported in other parts of Punjab. Gujrat and Sialkot received thunderstorms and heavy showers. The weather conditions remained unstable in several cities. The Pakistan Meteorological Department has forecast rain in different parts of Punjab from August 17 to 20. Authorities have warned that heavy rainfall could increase the risk of urban flooding. The weather department had already issued an alert for the sixth spell of monsoon rains across Punjab. The spell is expected to bring rain to several areas. Officials have advised residents to remain alert. People living near Nullah Lai and other vulnerable waterways have been urged to follow official instructions. Authorities are also monitoring water levels and drainage systems. Emergency measures are being taken in areas where the risk of flooding is higher. Residents have been advised to avoid unnecessary travel during heavy rainfall. They have also been urged to stay away from flooded roads, drains and fast-flowing water.

  • | |

    Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco charm Italian restau…

    Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco are winning hearts wherever they go. The engaged couple recently enjoyed a romantic evening in Italy, where they left restaurant staff praising them as “dream guests” after a memorable dinner in Bologna. The couple dined at Trattoria della Santa on July 21, just one day before Gomez celebrated her 34th birthday. Their intimate outing quickly became a talking point after members of the restaurant team shared glowing comments about the pair, describing them as warm, polite, and incredibly gracious throughout the evening. According to restaurant staff, Gomez and Blanco were “absolutely amazing” guests who treated everyone with kindness and respect. Despite being two of the biggest names in entertainment, they reportedly remained humble and approachable, taking time to thank the staff and appreciate the dining experience. Their friendly attitude left a lasting impression on everyone who served them. The romantic dinner came as the couple continued their Italian getaway, which has included sightseeing, leisurely strolls, and quiet moments away from the spotlight. Fans have enjoyed seeing glimpses of their vacation through social media, where the pair have shared photos celebrating their time together in one of Europe’s most picturesque destinations. Gomez and Blanco have become one of Hollywood’s most talked-about couples since confirming their relationship in late 2023. They announced their engagement in December 2024, delighting fans with heartfelt posts and photos of Gomez’s engagement ring. Since then, the pair have frequently spoken about the happiness they have found together, often describing their relationship as one built on friendship, trust, and mutual support. Their latest outing in Italy reflects the couple’s preference for enjoying simple, meaningful experiences despite their global fame. Rather than drawing attention to themselves, Gomez and Blanco reportedly blended into the relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant, allowing their genuine personalities to shine through. Staff members said it was a pleasure to host the couple and noted that their kindness made the evening especially memorable. Their positive interactions have since attracted attention online, with many fans praising the stars for remaining down-to-earth even while traveling abroad. The romantic dinner also served as the perfect start to Gomez’s birthday celebrations. With her 34th birthday falling the following day, the evening gave the couple an opportunity to celebrate together before marking the special occasion. As Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco continue their European getaway, their visit to Trattoria della Santa has become another example of how small acts of kindness can leave a lasting impact. Whether through their music, their relationship, or simply the way they treat others, the couple continues to earn admiration from fans and those fortunate enough to meet them. Their Italian dinner may have lasted only one evening, but for the restaurant staff, it was an experience they are unlikely to forget.

  • | |

    Security forces intensify K-P anti-terror operatio…

    Security forces have stepped up intelligence-based operations (IBOs) across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa under the Azm-e-Istehkam campaign, targeting militant hideouts and disrupting terrorist networks in several areas over the past two months, according to security sources. Officials said one of the major operations was carried out in the Khatti Killi area of North Waziristan, where security forces raided suspected militant hideouts following intelligence reports. During the operation, several terrorists were killed after an exchange of fire, while others sustained injuries and managed to flee. Security sources said troops recovered a large cache of weapons, ammunition and communication equipment from the militants’ hideouts. The recovered material is expected to assist investigators in tracing the activities and support networks of militant groups operating in the region. According to officials, the operations specifically targeted members of Fitna al-Khawarij, the term used by the state for the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP). Authorities said the campaign was conducted with great care to protect civilians and prevent damage to local communities. Security officials emphasised that the ongoing operations are aimed at eliminating terrorist threats, restoring law and order, and ensuring lasting peace across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. They reaffirmed that intelligence-led operations would continue until militant networks are dismantled and terrorism is eradicated. The latest operations are part of the broader Azm-e-Istehkam strategy launched to strengthen counterterrorism efforts nationwide. The campaign focuses on targeted intelligence operations against militant groups while enhancing the security of vulnerable areas. Last week, Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry said security forces had carried out more than 40,000 intelligence-based operations across Pakistan so far this year, with a significant number conducted in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. He said nearly 194 intelligence-based operations are being conducted daily across the country. According to the military spokesperson, security forces have eliminated more than 2,000 terrorists during 2026, reflecting the intensified pace of counterterrorism operations.

  • |

    GTA 6 gets a new look on August 27 — Here’s where to watch

    LOS ANGELES: The wait for another major glimpse of Grand Theft Auto 6 is almost over. Rockstar Games has announced that fans will get an extended look at the highly anticipated game on August 27, offering fresh details about the world, characters and story. Titled “Grand Theft Auto 6: An Extended Look,” the presentation will be available through Netflix, YouTube and the official GTA 6 website, giving fans multiple ways to watch the new footage. The announcement is expected to generate fresh excitement around a title that has remained one of the gaming industry’s most closely watched releases. Rockstar has been developing GTA 6 for years, building anticipation among players eager to return to the franchise’s fictional criminal underworld. The game will take players back to Vice City and the wider state of Leonida, where protagonists Jason and Lucia become entangled in a dangerous conspiracy after a robbery goes wrong. Their survival increasingly depends on their ability to trust and work with each other. Rockstar previously opened pre-orders in June, with the Standard Edition priced at $79.99 and the Ultimate Edition at $99.99, according to the information provided by the company. The initial release is expected to focus on a single-player experience. Rockstar has not yet provided details about a multiplayer or online mode, leaving fans with another major question about the game’s long-term plans. With the August 27 presentation approaching, players will be watching closely to see whether the extended footage reveals new locations, gameplay mechanics or story details. For GTA fans, the next big reveal is now just weeks away.

  • |

    Pakistan women announce squads for Asia Cup and Asian Games

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan have announced their women’s cricket squads for the upcoming Women’s Asia Cup and Asian Games, with Fatima Sana set to lead the national side in both competitions as the team targets success on two major stages. The squads share a core group of players, including Muneeba Ali, Shawal Zulfiqar, Ayesha Zafar, Gul Feroza, Syra Jabeen, Eman Fatima, Eman Nasir, Umme Hani, Tuba Hassan, Nashra Sandhu and Momina Riaz. For the Women’s Asia Cup, Pakistan have added Najiha Alvi, Waheeda Akhtar and Sadia Yousuf to the squad. The Asian Games squad, meanwhile, includes Alia Riaz, Tasmia Rubab and Hamna Bilal. The national team will hold a training camp at the National Cricket Academy from August 16 to 25 as preparations intensify ahead of the two tournaments. The DP World Women’s Asia Cup will be played in Dubai from August 28 to September 13, with all 15 matches scheduled at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium. Matches will begin at 7:30pm Pakistan Standard Time. Pakistan have been placed in Group A alongside arch-rivals India, Thailand and China. Group B features Bangladesh, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates. Pakistan will begin their Asia Cup campaign against Thailand on September 1, before facing India in a highly anticipated contest on September 5 in Dubai. The semi-finals are scheduled for September 10 and 11, while the final will take place on September 13. The team will then turn its attention to the 20th Asian Games, where the women’s cricket tournament will be held in Japan from September 17 to 22. Pakistan are seeded alongside Thailand and will play their quarter-final against Thailand on September 17. All women’s cricket matches will be staged at the Kurogiy Athletic Park in Aichi. If Pakistan advance, they will play the semi-final on September 20 against either Sri Lanka or Malaysia. The bronze and gold medal matches are scheduled for September 22. Pakistan enter the Asian Games with a proud record, having won women’s cricket gold medals at the 2010 Guangzhou and 2014 Incheon Asian Games. With a settled core, emerging talent and Fatima Sana leading both campaigns, Pakistan will hope to turn their preparation into another memorable chapter in women’s cricket. Pakistan women’s squad for ACC women’s Asia Cup  Fatima Sana (captain), Ayesha Zafar, Eman Naseer, Eyman Fatima, Gull Feroza, Momina Riasat, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui (wk), Najiha Alvi, Nashra Sundhu, Sadia Iqbal, Saira Jabeen, Shawaal Zulfiqar, Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani, Waheeda Akhtar. Reserves – Tasmia Rubab, Humna Bilal, Maham Anees, Sadaf Shamas Support Staff Wahab Riaz (coach/mentor), Ayesha Ashar (team manager), Abdur Rehman (spin bowling coach), Umaid Asif (fast bowling coach), Abdul Majeed (fielding coach), Imran Farhat (batting coach), Waleed Ahmed (performance analyst), Moeen (strength & conditioning coach), Dur Samand (Physiotherapist) and Raza Rashid Kitchlew (media manager) Pakistan women’s squad for Asian Games  Fatima Sana (captain), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Eman Naseer, Eyman Fatima, Gull Feroza, Humna Bilal, Momina Riasat, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Saira Jabeen, Shawaal Zulfiqar, Tasmia Rubab, Tuba Hassan and Umm-e-Hani. Reserves – Natalia Parvaiz, Waheeda Akhtar, Sadia Iqbal, Syeda Aroob Shah, Rameen Shamim Support Staff Wahab Riaz (coach/mentor), Ayesha Ashar (team manager), Abdur Rehman (spin bowling coach), Umaid Asif (fast bowling coach), Abdul Majeed (fielding coach), Imran Farhat (batting coach), Waleed Ahmed (performance analyst) and Tehreem Sumbal (physiotherapist) Schedule of Pakistan’s matches at the ACC women’s Asia Cup: (All matches at Dubai International Cricket Stadium; all matches to begin at 7.30pm PKT) 1 September – Pakistan v Thailand 5 September – Pakistan v India 7 September – Pakistan v Hong Kong, China 10 September – semi-final 1 11 September – semi-final 2 13 September – final Pakistan women at Asian Games (All matches at Korogi Athletic Park in Aichi prefecture) 17 September – Quarter-final 4 – Pakistan v Thailand 20 September – Semi-final 1 & 2 22 September – Bronze and Gold Medal matches

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *