drew starkey recalls
| |

Drew Starkey recalls hilarious on-set adventure wh…

Drew Starkey is looking back on one of the funniest moments from the set of Lucky, and it turns out the action-packed Apple TV+ series gave him plenty of unforgettable memories.

The 32-year-old actor recently spoke with People while promoting the upcoming thriller, sharing his favorite behind-the-scenes experience from filming. Although Lucky features intense action sequences and emotional drama, Starkey revealed that one particular stunt left the cast and crew laughing long after the cameras stopped rolling. (people.com⁠)

According to Starkey, his most memorable day involved filming scenes that required him to drive an all-terrain vehicle through rugged terrain. While the sequence looked exciting on screen, he admitted that things became much funnier behind the scenes than anyone had expected.

The actor recalled that he had never driven that type of vehicle before production. As he tried to navigate the course, the experience quickly turned into a comedy of errors. Despite the unexpected challenges, everyone on set remained supportive, and the mishaps eventually became one of the production’s favorite memories. (people.com⁠)

“It was one of the most fun days we had,” Starkey shared, explaining that filming action scenes often creates unpredictable moments that cannot be planned. He said those unexpected experiences helped build a strong bond among the cast and crew, making long filming days more enjoyable. (people.com⁠)

Lucky, based on Marissa Stapley’s bestselling novel, stars Anya Taylor-Joy as a young woman forced to confront her past after becoming caught in a dangerous criminal conspiracy. Starkey plays Cary, a mysterious figure who becomes involved in the unfolding drama. The Apple TV+ series combines suspense, action and emotional storytelling, offering a different role from the ones fans have previously seen Starkey portray. (apple.com⁠)

The actor explained that working on Lucky challenged him in new ways because many scenes demanded physical performances alongside emotional intensity. He praised the production team for creating an environment where actors felt comfortable experimenting, even when action sequences did not go exactly as planned. Those moments, he said, often became the most enjoyable part of filming. (people.com⁠)

Starkey has enjoyed a busy year, balancing promotional duties for Lucky with the release of the final season of Netflix’s Outer Banks. In recent interviews, he has reflected on saying goodbye to the long-running series while embracing exciting new opportunities in film and television. His latest role demonstrates his growing versatility as an actor willing to explore different genres and characters. (people.com⁠)

As anticipation builds for Lucky, Starkey’s lighthearted story offers fans a glimpse behind the scenes of a production filled with both thrilling action and genuine laughter. While audiences will see high-stakes drama on screen, the actor says some of the best memories came from the unexpected moments that had everyone smiling between takes.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    SC to hear Imran access pleas on August 18

    The Supreme Court has scheduled five petitions concerning access to jailed former prime minister and PTI founder Imran Khan for hearing on August 18. A three-member bench headed by Justice Shahid Waheed will hear the petitions. Justice Naeem Akhtar Afghan and Justice Ishtiaq Ibrahim are also part of the bench. The cases were previously being heard by a bench headed by Justice Muhammad Ali Mazhar. The bench has now been reconstituted after Justice Mazhar became unavailable at the Supreme Court’s principal seat. The petitions seek permission for Imran Khan’s family members, personal doctors and legal team to meet him in prison. The applicants have also requested access to his medical records and proper arrangements for his medical treatment. The petitions gained renewed attention after PTI lawyers and lawmakers gathered outside the Supreme Court earlier this week, protesting over the continued delay in fixing the cases. A delegation led by PTI lawyer Salman Akram Raja subsequently met the apex court registrar. According to Insaf Lawyers Forum chief organiser Intezar Panjutha, the registrar assured the delegation that five petitions relating to restrictions on meetings with Imran would be listed for hearing. The cause list was expected to be issued ahead of the proceedings. One of the petitions was filed by Imran’s sister, Uzma Khan. She has sought his transfer to Shifa International Hospital, arguing that he requires proper treatment and continuous medical monitoring for an eye-related condition and other health complications. The Supreme Court had earlier directed that details of meetings held by Imran and his wife, Bushra Bibi, with family members, lawyers and party leaders in prison be submitted. The newly constituted bench has attracted attention because of the legal positions previously taken by its members in politically sensitive matters. Justice Afghan has been associated with dissenting opinions on several major constitutional and legal issues. He had opposed the constitutionality of trying civilians in military courts and had also dissented in a case involving the transfer of judges between high courts. He has previously granted post-arrest bail to PTI leaders facing cases related to the May 9 violence. Justice Ibrahim was part of a Supreme Court judgment that overturned an earlier order concerning Imran’s right to defend himself in a defamation case filed by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif. Meanwhile, the Islamabad High Court is separately hearing petitions concerning the alleged solitary confinement of Imran Khan and Bushra Bibi. The dispute over access to Imran has remained a major issue for the PTI, which maintains that his family, lawyers and doctors should be allowed regular meetings. The government has continued to face pressure over the prison arrangements surrounding the former prime minister.

  • |

    Tanzania opens government debt market to all overseas investors

    Tanzania has relaxed its foreign exchange regulations to permit all international investors to purchase government-issued Treasury bills and bonds. The Bank of Tanzania announced that the policy change aims to deepen domestic financial markets and position the country as an attractive investment destination. Participation in government securities was previously restricted to residents of the East African Community, the Southern African Development Community, and the Tanzanian diaspora. President Samia Suluhu Hassan’s administration is seeking fresh revenue options following recent reductions in aid from international partners.

  • | |

    Court rules d4vd will stand trial in teen murder case

    A Los Angeles judge has ruled that there is sufficient evidence for singer d4vd, whose real name is David Anthony Burke, to stand trial in the murder case of 14-year-old Celeste Rivas Hernandez. The decision followed a five-day preliminary hearing during which prosecutors presented forensic evidence, text messages and witness testimony related to the teenager’s death. Burke has pleaded not guilty to all charges. According to court proceedings, Burke is facing charges including first-degree murder, continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14, and unlawful mutilation of human remains. Prosecutors allege he killed Rivas Hernandez in April 2025 after she threatened to expose their alleged illegal relationship, which they claim could have damaged his rapidly rising music career. The court heard that the victim’s remains were discovered in September 2025 inside the trunk of a Tesla registered to Burke after authorities investigated a foul odour coming from the vehicle. Medical examiners later ruled the teenager’s death a homicide. Prosecutors also presented evidence they say links Burke to the crime, including DNA findings, electronic communications and purchases allegedly connected to the disposal of the body. During the hearing, prosecutors also introduced text messages exchanged between Burke and Rivas Hernandez that allegedly discussed pregnancy and abortion. Additional evidence included explicit photographs recovered from Burke’s phone and digital accounts, which prosecutors argue support their claim that the pair had an illegal sexual relationship before the teenager’s death. Burke’s defence team argued that prosecutors had failed to establish evidence of premeditated murder and maintained that the singer is innocent. His lawyers insisted the evidence presented does not prove he intentionally killed the teenager and said they will continue to challenge the prosecution’s case at trial. Burke has consistently denied all allegations since his arrest earlier this year. After reviewing the evidence, the judge ruled that prosecutors had presented enough material for the case to proceed before a jury. The decision means Burke will now face a full criminal trial, where prosecutors will be required to prove their allegations beyond a reasonable doubt. He remains in custody without bail pending further proceedings. The case has attracted widespread attention because of Burke’s rapid rise in the music industry before his arrest. Prosecutors contend that the alleged murder was committed to prevent Rivas Hernandez from revealing details of their relationship, while the defence maintains that Burke has been wrongly accused. Burke is expected to be arraigned on August 31, with the trial likely to begin within the following weeks. Prosecutors have not yet announced whether they will seek the death penalty if he is convicted. Meanwhile, the family of Celeste Rivas Hernandez has welcomed the judge’s ruling, saying they are relieved the case will now move forward to trial.

  • |

    Epstein survivors urge UK PM to deliver justice

    The UK Epstein Survivors Campaign has renewed its call for truth, accountability and justice, urging Prime Minister Andy Burnham’s government to take further action over the Jeffrey Epstein case. The campaign has expressed hope that the new government will be more willing to engage directly with survivors and address long-standing questions surrounding Epstein’s links to influential figures and institutions. A spokesperson for the campaign said survivors believed there was now an opportunity to obtain the truth they had been seeking for years. The group welcomed what it described as Burnham’s willingness to listen to victims and show compassion toward those affected by Epstein’s crimes. The campaign also called for greater transparency over how Epstein was able to gain access to powerful circles and continue his criminal activities for such a long period. The issue has also been raised by the government’s victims minister, whose responsibilities have reportedly been expanded to cover international matters. The minister has said that survivors and victims deserve a complete account of what happened so that those responsible can be held accountable. He has backed the idea of a full statutory public inquiry into Epstein’s access to the British establishment and the circumstances that allowed his abuse and criminal activity to continue. Supporters of the proposed inquiry argue that it should have sufficient legal powers to compel witnesses and obtain relevant communications, including messages and emails. They say such powers would be necessary to establish the full chain of events and determine whether individuals or institutions failed to act when concerns about Epstein were known. The campaign maintains that a comprehensive investigation is essential not only for survivors but also for preventing similar failures in the future. It wants the authorities to examine how Epstein built relationships with powerful people and why safeguards failed to stop his activities earlier. The renewed demand comes as pressure continues for greater transparency surrounding the wider Epstein case. Survivors and campaigners have repeatedly argued that accountability should extend beyond Epstein himself and include any individuals or institutions that enabled or overlooked wrongdoing.

  • | |

    Subway launches legal action after Multan staff as…

    MULTAN: Subway Pakistan has initiated legal proceedings after one of its employees was allegedly assaulted by a customer at its Multan outlet, an incident that has sparked widespread outrage on social media. The altercation, captured on the restaurant’s CCTV cameras, quickly went viral online, prompting strong reactions from the public and renewed calls for better protection of frontline service workers. The employee, identified as Fazil, said the incident occurred while he was performing his duties and enforcing the restaurant’s policy prohibiting customers from consuming food purchased from outside the outlet. According to Fazil, a group of customers entered the restaurant carrying samosas. After an initial request from another staff member was reportedly ignored, he approached the group himself and politely explained the restaurant’s policy. He said he respectfully asked the customers to finish their food quickly to avoid disturbing others and to comply with the outlet’s operating procedures. Fazil alleged that the situation escalated unexpectedly when one of the customers, identified as Asad Khan, slapped him without warning. He claimed that even after stepping away to avoid further confrontation, the accused followed him and assaulted him again. The employee further alleged that he was grabbed by the neck, dragged across the restaurant and physically attacked by three individuals for several minutes. He said he sustained multiple blows to his face, back and other parts of his body despite offering no resistance. In an official statement, Subway Pakistan strongly condemned the incident, saying the safety, dignity and well-being of its employees remain a top priority. The company confirmed that it has referred the matter to the relevant legal authorities and is pursuing legal action against those allegedly involved. Subway also reiterated its commitment to maintaining a safe and respectful environment for both employees and customers at all its outlets.

  • | |

    Governor signals PPP’s shift to opposition polit…

    Governor of Punjab Sardar Saleem Haider Khan has said that those who had been supporting the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government in implementing its policies and defending its decisions had reached the limits of their endurance. Speaking to a delegation of the Pakistan English Media Association (PEMA) at the Governor’s House on Monday, he said the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) had now assumed the role of an opposition party and would continue to function as a genuine opposition until the next general elections, scheduled for 2029. PEMA Chairman Zulqernain Tahir and President Rameez Khan led the delegation, which also included Secretary General Ali Raza and members Mubashir Bokhari, Babar Dogar, Shahar Bano, Mubashar Hassan, Faisal Ali Ghumman and Samiullah Randhwa. He made it clear that the PPP would not return to the present coalition arrangement following the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) elections and would instead play the role of an effective opposition, particularly in Punjab. Mr Khan said the PPP had never favoured coalition governments as a means of running the country, even during the previous parliamentary term. Although the party was widely regarded as an ally of the PML-N-led government, he said it was, in practice, steadily moving into opposition. He maintained that those backing the present government appeared increasingly powerless in the face of poor governance and allegations of corruption. Responding to a question, the PPP leader said internal differences within the party had been resolved to enable it to function as a more effective opposition. Mr Khan also dismissed speculation over a power-sharing arrangement at the federal level, saying there was no written agreement under which Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif would serve for two and a half years before handing over office to Bilawal Bhutto Zardari for the remainder of the term. He said there could be no disagreement that the people of Pakistan were grappling with rising unemployment and persistent inflation. The PPP, he added, would continue to raise these issues publicly to mobilise support while also exerting political pressure on the PML-N government to improve its performance and deliver meaningful relief to the public.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *