nccia punjab cracks
| |

NCCIA Punjab cracks down on online blackmailers, a…

LAHORE: The National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) Punjab has arrested three suspects in coordinated operations across Lahore, Faisalabad, and Multan for allegedly harassing, blackmailing, and targeting women through social media platforms.

The operations were carried out under the special directives and supervision of NCCIA Punjab Director Muhammad Ali Waseem as part of an intensified campaign against cyber-enabled crimes involving women. During the raids, investigators seized mobile phones, SIM cards, and other electronic devices containing digital evidence, while further investigations are underway.

In Lahore, NCCIA officials arrested Qaiser Bilal in connection with FIR No. 151/2026. Authorities said a mobile phone recovered from the suspect allegedly contained objectionable photographs of the complainant, threatening messages, and evidence of image sharing. Investigators further alleged that the suspect created a private TikTok account under the name “Miss.B” to upload the victim’s photographs and falsely posed as an officer of a sensitive government institution to intimidate and blackmail her. The case is being investigated by Sub-Inspector Umm Salma.

In Faisalabad, officials arrested Soban Ahmed under FIR No. 100/2026. According to investigators, the suspect allegedly used social media platforms and WhatsApp to blackmail and threaten the complainant’s sister by exploiting objectionable material. A mobile phone and SIM cards believed to have been used in the offence were recovered during the operation. Sub-Inspector Umar Rehman is leading the investigation.

Meanwhile, in Multan, NCCIA arrested Muhammad Imran in connection with FIR No. 123/2026. Authorities alleged that the suspect obtained objectionable images of the complainant and circulated them through multiple WhatsApp accounts while continuously harassing the victim and her family. Investigators recovered a mobile phone, two SIM cards, and the WhatsApp account allegedly used in the crime. A court has granted a four-day physical remand of the suspect to facilitate further investigation, which is being conducted by Sub-Inspector Saeed Ahmed.

Director NCCIA Punjab Muhammad Ali Waseem reaffirmed the agency’s commitment to protecting women from online harassment, blackmail, and the misuse of digital platforms. He said the agency would continue taking strict legal action against those involved in cybercrimes targeting women and would use advanced digital forensic techniques to ensure offenders are brought to justice.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Wildfires in south‑west France flare up as region braces for new 40°C heatwave

    Firefighters in France’s Gironde region are battling renewed blazes as the country braces for its fourth heatwave of the summer, with temperatures forecast to reach 40°C by Wednesday. Regional prefect Sophie Brocas said 14 areas already scorched by earlier fires saw fresh flare‑ups on Tuesday. “We are not in the clear,” she warned. More than 2,000 firefighters have been deployed, with national federation spokesman Eric Brocardi describing the struggle as “David against Goliath.” Four firefighters have died in recent weeks across France. The wildfires have forced more than 70,000 people to evacuate their homes. While Bordeaux is not currently under direct threat, one blaze came within 15km of the city earlier this week. Commander Rémi Lassoureille, leading the Gironde response, voiced concern about the impact on Bordeaux’s metropolitan area, where air quality has deteriorated sharply. Residents and tourists reported smoky skies, ash falling on clothes, and restaurants closing due to pollution. Spain has also endured severe fires, though some evacuation orders have been lifted, allowing 44,000 people to return home. Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez said the situation remained challenging but expressed hope that “light is beginning to appear at the end of the tunnel.” In Portugal, 400 firefighters are tackling a major blaze in the eastern Guarda area. French Health Minister Stéphanie Rist urged residents in affected zones to remain indoors, citing air pollution risks. “Many people have lost their homes or their businesses, not to mention the firefighters who have been hard at work for weeks now and who must be exhausted,” she said. Locals in Cap Ferret voiced fears for the peninsula’s forests, warning that while Bordeaux’s concrete structures may be safe, the destruction of woodland is catastrophic.

  • | |

    Zendaya stunned by Zainab’s bold red-carpet look

    British content creator Zainab Jiwa is still processing a memorable encounter with Hollywood star Zendaya after the actress appeared stunned by her striking red-carpet outfit at the London premiere of The Odyssey. The 29-year-old creator attended the highly anticipated premiere wearing a dramatic custom-made gold gown featuring a hood. Her bold appearance quickly caught attention, but the reaction from Zendaya became the highlight of the evening. According to Zainab, Zendaya noticed her outfit while walking past and appeared visibly surprised. “She saw me there and her jaw just dropped, so did mine,” Zainab recalled, describing the moment as an unexpected exchange between the two. The actress reportedly praised the look before continuing on her way. For Zainab, the brief interaction was enough to leave a lasting impression. “I’m still in shock,” she said, adding that simply having Zendaya notice her outfit was something she never expected. A video capturing the moment subsequently gained huge attention online, reportedly collecting around 19 million views on TikTok and sending Zainab’s phone into a frenzy. Zainab has built a growing career by combining her passion for fashion and cinema. She regularly appears at major film premieres, where her outfits are designed around the themes and characters of the projects she is covering. Her journey began as a hobby, when she started sharing videos about films and fashion on social media. Her content eventually attracted the attention of major studios, with Disney among the first to invite her to interview actors for promotional events. Since then, she has interviewed several major Hollywood names, including Denzel Washington, Paul Mescal, Tom Hiddleston and Zendaya. Her distinctive red-carpet style has become a key part of her identity. As a hijab-wearing Muslim creator, Zainab incorporates modest fashion into her premiere looks while ensuring that each outfit remains connected to the film she is covering. She describes the process as finding ways to “halalify” fashionable looks, turning modesty into a creative element rather than a limitation. For different premieres, she has experimented with dramatic gowns, customised designs, henna and themed accessories. Her past appearances have included gold-inspired styling for Gladiator II, spiderweb henna for Spider-Man: Brand New Day and a creative red gown inspired by House of the Dragon. Despite receiving criticism from some social media users over her fashion choices, Zainab says the positive response keeps her motivated. With hundreds of thousands of followers across TikTok and Instagram, she has become a recognised digital creator on the modern film-premiere circuit. Yet behind the glamorous red carpets, she says life at home in north-west London remains much more ordinary, with limited storage space and family members often helping her prepare outfits at the last minute. For Zainab, the growing attention is ultimately about her love for cinema, fashion and connecting with audiences.

  • |

    Shehnaaz Gill praises Hania, Bilal and Pakistani dramas

    Indian actress Shehnaaz Gill has expressed admiration for Pakistan’s television industry, praising its storytelling and applauding the performances of some of the country’s biggest stars, including Hania Aamir, Bilal Abbas Khan and Fahad Mustafa. During a recent interview, the actress spoke about her appreciation for Pakistani dramas, saying their portrayal of romance feels genuine and emotionally engaging. She noted that the love stories presented on screen are able to create a deep emotional connection without relying on physical intimacy. According to Shehnaaz, Pakistani dramas have a unique way of depicting relationships, allowing viewers to experience the emotions of the characters through meaningful storytelling, subtle expressions and strong performances. She said that watching these dramas makes the romance appear natural and believable, adding that the simplicity of the storytelling is one of the reasons audiences connect so strongly with the characters. The actress also described Pakistan’s television industry as unmatched when it comes to romantic dramas. She believes the quality of storytelling and character development sets Pakistani serials apart from many others in the region. Sharing some of her personal favourites, Shehnaaz named Meri Zindagi Hai Tu and Kabhi Main Kabhi Tum among the Pakistani dramas she has enjoyed watching. She praised both productions for their compelling narratives and emotionally driven performances. In addition to appreciating the dramas themselves, Shehnaaz spoke highly of several Pakistani actors whose work she admires. She specifically mentioned Hania Aamir, Bilal Abbas Khan and Fahad Mustafa, describing them as talented performers who consistently impress audiences with their acting abilities. Her remarks quickly attracted attention on social media, where fans from both Pakistan and India welcomed her appreciation for Pakistan’s entertainment industry. Many viewers praised the actress for acknowledging the quality of Pakistani television and celebrating the talent of its artists. Pakistani dramas have earned a strong international following in recent years, attracting viewers across South Asia and beyond. Their growing popularity has been driven by emotionally rich storytelling, relatable characters and narratives that often explore family relationships, social issues and personal struggles. Unlike productions that rely heavily on spectacle, many Pakistani television serials focus on realistic emotions and everyday experiences. This approach has helped them resonate with audiences of different age groups and cultural backgrounds. Many popular dramas also address important social themes, including women’s empowerment, family values, mental health and societal expectations. Their ability to balance entertainment with meaningful messages has contributed to their increasing global appeal. With streaming platforms making Pakistani content more accessible than ever, the industry’s reach continues to expand beyond national borders. Actors such as Hania Aamir, Bilal Abbas Khan and Fahad Mustafa have built large fan bases internationally, while several dramas have achieved millions of views online. Shehnaaz Gill’s appreciation for Pakistani television reflects the growing recognition the industry is receiving across the region. Her praise for its storytelling, memorable dramas and talented actors highlights the cultural connection created through quality entertainment and reinforces the widespread appeal of Pakistani serials among audiences worldwide.

  • |

    Mustafa Kamal calls for more administrative units

    MULTAN:Federal Minister for Health Mustafa Kamal has once again called for the creation of additional administrative units in Pakistan, arguing that the country’s existing governance structure is no longer capable of effectively addressing its growing challenges. Speaking at a ceremony in Multan, Kamal said Pakistan currently operates through a federal government and four provinces, but the system needs major restructuring to improve governance and service delivery. He said Pakistan is larger than around 180 countries in terms of population and administrative needs, making it necessary to consider creating more administrative units to ensure better management and development. Reflecting on his political career, Kamal said he became Karachi’s mayor 21 years ago and was elected as a member of the provincial assembly 12 years ago. He added that political leaders often remain caught up in a continuous race without fully understanding whether the existing system is delivering the desired results. The federal minister also focused on the country’s healthcare challenges, saying that simply constructing more hospitals would not solve Pakistan’s health crisis. He pointed out that hospitals across the country remain overcrowded, while the government must focus more on preventive healthcare and improving public health infrastructure. Kamal said effective healthcare begins with measures such as ensuring adequate gaps between births and completing childhood vaccination schedules. He warned that a large number of children remain vulnerable to waterborne diseases due to inadequate sanitation and unsafe water supplies. He also highlighted the lack of an effective sewage treatment system in Pakistan, saying poor sanitation continues to contribute to the spread of preventable diseases. He stressed the need to address the root causes of health problems instead of relying solely on hospitals and medicines after people fall ill. Discussing population growth and maternal health, Kamal said Pakistan’s birth rate stands at around 3.5 percent, while the population growth rate is approximately 2.5 percent. He claimed that around 11,000 mothers die every year in the country, describing the situation as a serious public health concern. The minister said Pakistan also faces a major shortage of trained nurses. According to him, the country needs around 900,000 nurses, while international demand for Pakistani-trained nursing professionals could reach 2.5 million. He said the government should focus on developing professional skills so that trained workers can contribute to the national economy and earn valuable foreign exchange for the country. Kamal also addressed concerns surrounding medicine prices and availability. He clarified that the federal health minister alone does not have the authority to decide whether medicine prices should increase or decrease. He said the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) has deregulated the prices of certain medicines, while decisions regarding price reductions fall within the broader domain of the federal cabinet. He added that a cabinet committee is currently examining the issue of reducing medicine prices. The minister further pointed out that although Pakistan manufactures a large number of medicines locally, the pharmaceutical industry still relies heavily on imported active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). He said shortages of some medicines have also created difficulties for patients, with certain drugs disappearing from the regular market and becoming available through agents at significantly higher prices. Kamal’s remarks came a day after Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi also called for the creation of new administrative units, describing such reforms as essential for the country’s development. Addressing an event in Islamabad, Naqvi reportedly said the existing system had failed to deliver effectively and argued that new administrative units or provinces could provide a way forward. The repeated calls from senior federal ministers for additional administrative units have renewed debate over whether Pakistan needs a major restructuring of its administrative and governance framework to improve public service delivery, strengthen local administration and address the growing demands of its expanding population.

  • | |

    Senate debates Imran Khan’s health after opposit…

    The Senate held a detailed discussion on the health of PTI founder Imran Khan. The discussion was held after a demand by Opposition Leader Allama Raja Nasir Abbas. The Senate proceedings were also suspended to take up the issue. Speaking in the Senate, Raja Nasir Abbas said Imran Khan was facing punishment for crimes he had not committed. He described the former prime minister’s health as a highly sensitive matter. The opposition leader urged the government to show restraint. He said political differences should not lead to anyone being subjected to unnecessary suffering. Raja Nasir Abbas said the government should focus on resolving the country’s problems instead of pursuing political revenge. He also questioned whether the priority was to fix the system or settle political scores. He demanded that Imran Khan be allowed to meet his personal doctors. He said access to proper medical care was essential, particularly because of concerns about the PTI founder’s health. The opposition leader also called for Imran Khan to be shifted to a hospital if necessary. He demanded that a meeting with him should be allowed. Raja Nasir Abbas said such measures could help prevent a serious situation in the future. He stressed that the authorities should take the health concerns seriously. He also called for politicians to be given an opportunity to run the country. He said political issues should be resolved through political means. The opposition leader also raised the issue of PTI women who are currently in prison. He called for greater attention to their situation. During the debate, Raja Nasir Abbas addressed PML-N Senator Rana Sanaullah. He said Rana Sanaullah knew that the cases against him had not been filed by politicians. Rana Sanaullah responded by asking Raja Nasir Abbas who had filed the case against him. The exchange highlighted the political tensions between the government and opposition benches in the Senate. The debate also brought renewed attention to Imran Khan’s health and the opposition’s demand for greater access to medical care and personal doctors. Opposition lawmakers have continued to raise concerns about the PTI founder’s condition and have called for his medical needs to be addressed without political considerations.

  • | |

    SpaceX sets new launch record with 2 Falcon 9 miss…

    SpaceX has achieved a new launch turnaround milestone after sending two Falcon 9 rockets into orbit less than 40 minutes apart, carrying separate missions for Globalstar and the US Space Force. The first Falcon 9 blasted off from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station at 9:12pm EDT on Saturday, deploying eight Globalstar satellites to reinforce the company’s low Earth orbit network. Its first-stage booster, designated B1090, completed its 14th mission before successfully returning to Landing Zone 40 roughly eight minutes after liftoff. Just 38.5 minutes later, another Falcon 9 launched from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California, carrying the classified USSF-366 mission for the US Space Force. Details about the spacecraft’s payload were not disclosed because of the mission’s national security classification. The second rocket’s B1088 booster successfully landed on SpaceX’s droneship Of Course I Still Love You in the Pacific Ocean, marking the 650th successful Falcon booster landing and adding another milestone to the company’s rapidly expanding reusable-launch program. The Globalstar launch had originally been planned for May 17 but was postponed to allow additional preparation time for the satellites. Globalstar CEO Paul E. Jacobs described the successful launch as an important step toward maintaining and strengthening the satellite infrastructure used by the company’s customers. The latest mission also comes as Globalstar prepares for its planned acquisition by Amazon, a transaction expected to be completed in 2027. The deal is aimed at supporting Amazon Leo’s direct-to-device satellite connectivity services. Globalstar recently announced that it would pause further earnings calls and updates to its forward-looking guidance while the proposed transaction remains under consideration.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *