three accused doctor
| |

Three accused in doctor Akash murder case eliminat…

Three suspects arrested in the murder case of young doctor Akash were killed during a police operation in Karachi after an alleged exchange of fire between law enforcement officials and criminal suspects.

According to the Special Investigation Unit (SIU), the incident took place in Umar Brohi Goth area of Gulshan-e-Maymar. Police officials said the arrested suspects had provided information about their escaped accomplices, following which a raid was carried out to arrest the remaining members of the group.

During the operation, the alleged criminals opened fire on police teams. Officials said a police officer was also injured in the firing.

The SIU claimed that the three suspects already arrested in connection with Dr Akash’s murder were killed after being hit by bullets fired by their own accomplices during the clash.

The case relates to a robbery incident in Karachi’s Clifton area on July 13. Dr Akash was killed when armed suspects opened fire outside a bank during a cash-snatching attempt.

Police said the suspects had targeted people carrying large amounts of cash. During the incident, the criminals allegedly took away Rs25 million from a total amount of Rs50 million withdrawn from the bank.

Investigators later found that the suspects arrested in the case were allegedly involved in other criminal activities, including robberies outside banks and attacks on traders in Karachi.

The police investigation also revealed the possible involvement of an unidentified woman in the robbery case. Officials said further investigation was being carried out to determine her role and identify other members of the criminal network.

Authorities said efforts are continuing to trace the remaining suspects linked to the gang. The police have vowed to take action against individuals involved in organised street crimes and cash robbery incidents across the city.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Galle Gallants go top with 60-run win over Jaffna …

    Sahan Arachchige’s fifty, backed by a resounding bowling effort, powered Galle Gallants to a 60-run victory over Jaffna Kings in the 10th fixture of the Lanka Premier League 2026 at the Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium on Thursday. Set a daunting 194, Kings were bowled out for 133 in 17.5 overs. Tharindu Ratnayake tore through Jaffna Kings’ batting lineup, leaving them at 50-5 at the end of the powerplay. Kamil Mishara scored 15 while Avishka Fernando managed only six. Seasoned batter Shakib Al Hasan was castled without scoring, while Ibrahim Zadran made 11 before holding out to deep square leg. David Wiese and Dunith Wellalage tried to arrest the slide with a 39-run stand, but Wiese departed after scoring 27 from 20 balls. Kings slipped from 89-6 to 99-8 in 12.3 overs. Wellalage resisted with a half-century and eventually emerged as the top scorer with 56 off 39 balls, hitting four fours and sixes. For Gallants, Eshan Malinga and Tharindu Ratnayake remained impressive with the ball, both picking up three wickets. Earlier, Arachchige’s gutsy half-century and Mohammad Nawaz’s cameo propelled Galle Gallants to a strong total. Asked to bat first, Gallants racked up 193-8 in 20 overs despite a jittery start. They slipped to 16-2 and then 86-5 at the halfway mark. Chris Lynn remained the bright spot in the top order, scoring 46 off 22 balls, including four sixes and three fours. With the side in dire trouble at 110-6 in 14.1 overs, Nawaz and Arachchige added 68 off just 30 balls to put Gallants into a strong position. Arachchige hit 63 from 36 balls, including three sixes and four fours, while Nawaz contributed 27 from 16 deliveries, with the aid of two sixes and two fours. Lizaad Williams and Dilshan Madushanka shared four wickets between them. Earlier in the day, Colombo Kaps secured a 23-run win over Kandy Royals in the ninth match played at the same venue. Set 193, Kandy Royals fell short and could only manage 169-8 in 20 overs. Skipper Angelo Mathews top-scored with 53 off 39 balls, but his efforts were not enough to overcome Kaps’ total. The results have shaken up the LPL standings, with Galle Gallants moving to the top of the table. The tournament continues to provide thrilling cricketing action, with teams battling for supremacy in the competitive league. Fans are eagerly anticipating the upcoming fixtures as the race for the playoffs intensifies. The win for Galle Gallants highlights their strong form and depth in both batting and bowling, making them a formidable side in the competition. As the LPL progresses, the performances of players like Arachchige and Ratnayake will be crucial for their team’s success. The league has showcased the talent of Sri Lankan and international players, contributing to the growth of cricket in the region.

  • | |

    Hayden Panettiere’s Nashville costar feels shatt…

    Hayden Panettiere’s sudden death at just 36 has left her former Nashville castmates and fans struggling to process the heartbreaking loss. Among those mourning is Sylvia Jefferies, who played Panettiere’s on-screen mother, Jolene Barnes, on the popular country music drama. Panettiere died on August 16, 2026, in Greenville, South Carolina. Her representative confirmed the actress’s death, while authorities said she was found in cardiac arrest. An investigation into the exact cause of death remains ongoing.  For Jefferies, the loss has been particularly painful because her connection with Panettiere extended beyond their scenes together. The actress recently shared an emotional tribute, remembering her former co-star as someone she cared deeply about. Jefferies described Panettiere’s passing as devastating and reflected on the struggles the actress had faced throughout her life. She also remembered the special bond they developed while working together on Nashville, where their characters shared a complicated mother-and-daughter relationship. The tribute came as the Nashville family gathered online and in public statements to remember Panettiere. Her former co-stars have described her as talented, energetic, kind and unforgettable. Connie Britton, who played Rayna Jaymes, also expressed her heartbreak following the news, while other cast members shared their own memories of the actress.  Panettiere became a major part of Nashville through her role as Juliette Barnes, a gifted country singer whose personal struggles often mirrored some of the challenges Panettiere experienced away from the screen. Her performance earned her two Golden Globe nominations and made her one of the show’s most recognizable stars.  Beyond Nashville, Panettiere was widely known for playing Claire Bennet on Heroes and Kirby Reed in the Scream franchise. She began acting as a child and built a career that included television, film and music. Her final years were marked by difficult personal struggles, which she discussed openly in her memoir. Those who knew her have emphasized that her difficulties were only one part of her story and that she was also a loving, talented and determined person. Jefferies’ emotional tribute is a reminder of the impact Panettiere had on people around her. While audiences will remember Juliette Barnes, Claire Bennet and the many other characters she brought to life, her former colleagues remember the woman behind those roles. At only 36, Panettiere’s death has brought renewed attention to a career that began in childhood and ended far too soon. Her Nashville family is now left with memories of the actress who brought passion, vulnerability and unforgettable energy to the series.

  • |

    Maulana Tariq Jamil’s yoga video sparks mixed reactions online

    Maulana Tariq Jamil, one of Pakistan’s most respected Islamic scholars, has become the center of an online debate after a video of him performing yoga exercises surfaced on social media. Widely admired for his calm demeanor and inclusive approach to religious teachings, Maulana Tariq Jamil enjoys a large following across different schools of thought in Pakistan and abroad. Over the years, he has built a reputation for promoting unity, compassion, and moral values through his lectures. In addition to his religious work, he has also ventured into business with his own brand, a move that has occasionally drawn criticism from some quarters who question the commercialization of religious personalities. The latest discussion surrounding the scholar, however, has little to do with his sermons or business activities. Instead, it centers on a recently circulated video featuring him alongside Dr. Affan Qaiser, in which he demonstrates several yoga-inspired stretching exercises. The clip quickly gained traction across social media platforms, with many viewers expressing surprise at the scholar’s flexibility. Considering his age and previous health challenges, several users praised his physical fitness and commitment to maintaining an active lifestyle. Many described the video as inspiring, saying it highlighted the importance of mobility, exercise, and healthy aging. Others, however, questioned whether the video should have been recorded and shared publicly. Some critics argued that such content was unexpected from a religious figure of Maulana Tariq Jamil’s stature, while others believed it was unnecessary to turn a private fitness session into a public spectacle. The video also prompted reactions from public figures. Among those commenting was politician Hina Parvez Butt, who voiced her disapproval of the clip, adding another layer to the discussion already unfolding online. As the debate intensified, social media users remained sharply divided. Supporters argued that the movements shown in the video were simply physical exercises aimed at improving flexibility and overall health. They maintained that stretching routines and yoga-based movements should not be viewed negatively when practiced solely for fitness purposes. Others defended the scholar by pointing out that maintaining physical health is encouraged and that there was nothing inappropriate about engaging in exercises designed to improve strength and mobility. Many also praised Maulana Tariq Jamil for staying physically active despite his advancing age. On the other hand, critics expressed discomfort with the video, saying they did not expect to see the religious scholar performing such poses. Some users felt the footage should not have been made public, while others questioned whether it aligned with the public image associated with a prominent Islamic preacher. Despite the differing opinions, the video has generated widespread discussion online, with thousands of users continuing to share their views. While some see it as a positive reminder of the importance of health and fitness, others believe the clip has crossed personal or cultural boundaries. The viral video has once again demonstrated how social media can rapidly turn everyday moments involving public figures into nationwide conversations, leaving audiences divided over interpretation, intent, and public perception.

  • | |

    Preity Zinta says motherhood is her greatest achievement

    Bollywood actor Preity Zinta has described becoming a mother as the most significant milestone of her life, saying family has taken priority over her successful film career during her years away from the spotlight. The actor, who was among Bollywood’s leading stars in the early 2000s, stepped away from acting after marrying in 2016 and later welcoming her children in 2021. Her last on-screen appearance was in Bhaiaji Superhit in 2018, and she is now set to return with Batwara 1947. Speaking in a recent interview, Preity said she never felt the absence of films during her break because she was focused on building her family. She explained that while she has enjoyed many career achievements, raising her children has been the most meaningful accomplishment of her life. According to the actor, motherhood brought a new perspective that became valuable while preparing for her latest role. In Batwara 1947, Preity portrays a Muslim woman living in Lahore during the Partition of India. The story follows her family after her husband, played by Sunny Deol, shelters a Hindu woman amid the violence and upheaval of 1947. The actor said her own experience of putting family first helped her relate to the emotions and decisions of her character. She noted that if family remains her top priority today, she can only imagine how much more important it would have been for people living through the uncertainty of Partition. Preity also admitted she felt nervous returning to the camera after such a long break. She recalled that director Rajkumar Santoshi scheduled one of the film’s most emotionally demanding scenes on the very first day of shooting, leaving her anxious about her performance. She praised co-star Sunny Deol for making the experience easier, describing him as a supportive, kind and encouraging colleague who helped her regain confidence during filming. After completing the challenging opening scenes, Preity said she gradually became comfortable on set and found herself settling back into acting. Batwara 1947 also marks Preity Zinta’s reunion with Sunny Deol after eight years, with the two actors sharing the screen once again following their last collaboration in Bhaiaji Superhit.

  • | |

    Where to stream The Devil Wears Prada 2 after its theatrical run

    Fashion fans can finally watch The Devil Wears Prada 2 from home as the highly anticipated sequel has officially arrived on streaming following a successful theatrical run. The sequel became available for streaming on July 29, roughly three months after its cinema release, giving audiences another chance to revisit the glamorous world of Runway magazine. The film is now streaming on Hulu and Disney+, where subscribers can watch the latest chapter in the beloved franchise. Directed by David Frankel and written by Aline Brosh McKenna, the sequel reunites much of the original cast, including Meryl Streep as the formidable Miranda Priestly, Anne Hathaway as Andy Sachs, Emily Blunt as Emily Charlton, and Stanley Tucci as Nigel Kipling. Set nearly two decades after the events of the 2006 blockbuster, the story follows Andy as she returns to Runway magazine, this time as the publication’s features editor, once again working under Miranda Priestly. The sequel explores how the iconic fashion magazine adapts to the rapidly changing media landscape while revisiting the complex relationships between its central characters. The film enjoyed an impressive run at the global box office before making its streaming debut. According to reports, the franchise surpassed the billion-dollar mark worldwide, making the sequel one of the year’s biggest commercial successes. For viewers who missed the theatrical release, Hulu subscribers can now stream the movie directly through the platform. The sequel is also available on Disney+, with availability depending on the subscription package in some regions. Several Disney and Hulu bundles also include access to the film. Fans looking to revisit the story from the beginning can also stream the original The Devil Wears Prada before watching the sequel. The 2006 classic remains available on Disney+, allowing audiences to follow Andy’s journey from aspiring journalist to one of Miranda Priestly’s assistants before diving into the new chapter. The sequel has also introduced several new faces alongside its returning stars, while maintaining the sharp dialogue, high-fashion settings and workplace drama that made the original film a cultural phenomenon. Critics have particularly praised the chemistry between the returning cast members and the film’s updated take on the modern fashion and publishing industries. With its digital release now underway, viewers can enjoy The Devil Wears Prada 2 from home on Hulu and Disney+, whether they’re revisiting Miranda Priestly’s world for nostalgia or experiencing the stylish sequel for the first time. The streaming launch marks the next chapter for one of Hollywood’s most iconic fashion franchises after another successful run on the big screen.

  • |

    ‘Ramayana: Part One’ finally gets official release date

    The makers of one of the year’s most anticipated films have finally locked in a release date. Sony Pictures confirmed on X that the epic will hit theatres soon. Directed by Nitesh Tiwari, the film stars Ranbir Kapoor, Sai Pallavi and Yash in lead roles. It’s set to release on November 6, 2026, just two days ahead of Diwali. Produced by Namit Malhotra, the project is being released as a two-part film. While Part One arrives this November, Part Two isn’t expected until around Diwali 2027, though an exact date is yet to be revealed. Ranbir Kapoor recently opened up to The Direct about the difficulty of adapting the sprawling epic into just two films. He admitted that doing justice to the story in such a limited format wasn’t easy. The 43-year-old actor explained that a story as vast as Ramayana would typically need far more room to be told properly. He said condensing it into two parts posed a genuine creative challenge. Kapoor also pushed back against the idea that the story required reinterpretation for today’s audiences. He said the text has endured for roughly 4,000 years, offering timeless lessons on courage, forgiveness, compassion and the battle between good and evil. He added that Lord Rama has remained a moral guide for millions of people across generations. For Kapoor, the story’s themes still resonate strongly without needing modern updates. The film’s trailer, released in July, opens with Yash’s Ravana declaring dominion over all three worlds before triggering widespread chaos. That destruction prompts Lord Vishnu to take the form of Ram to restore balance. The story then follows Ram’s journey through childhood, battles with demons, and his marriage to Sita, before he is sent into 14 years of exile. Sita and Lakshman choose to accompany him during that period. The narrative eventually shifts toward Sita’s abduction by Ravana, setting up the climactic battle that follows. With the release date now locked, anticipation for the film’s arrival is only expected to grow.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *