six bulletriddled bodies
| |

Six bullet-riddled bodies found across Balochistan

QUETTA: A wave of violence and tragic accidents swept across Balochistan on Tuesday, as authorities recovered six bullet-riddled bodies from four districts while eight more people, including two women, lost their lives in separate incidents of gunfire, a roadside explosion, a fuel tanker fire and a deadly road crash.

According to police officials, the bodies of six unidentified men were recovered from Kalat, Mastung, Panjgur and Kharan, prompting multiple investigations into the killings.

Three of the bodies were discovered in different areas of Kalat district. Two were found dumped in the Rej locality after local authorities received information from residents, while another body was recovered from the Chhapar area. All three were shifted to the District Headquarters Hospital for identification, but officials said their identities had not yet been established.

In Mastung, police recovered another unidentified man’s body from the Jungle area after receiving reports from local residents. Preliminary investigations suggest the deceased may have been a drug addict, though authorities said the exact cause and circumstances of his death are still being examined.

The fifth body was found in Nowan Kur, Panjgur, where police believe the victim was shot dead by unidentified attackers before his body was abandoned.

In Kharan, authorities recovered the body of a man who had reportedly been abducted by armed men two days earlier after they stormed his home. His body was later found on the outskirts of the city with bullet wounds.

Separate incidents elsewhere in the province added to the death toll. In Kalat’s Mangochar area, unidentified gunmen opened fire on a family travelling from Zhob to Karachi after their driver allegedly failed to stop at a signal. Two women were killed in the attack, while a child sustained injuries and was taken to hospital.

Meanwhile, an improvised explosive device (IED) detonated near the N-65 National Highway in Mastung, killing a driver and injuring five others. The explosion severely damaged an LPG tanker and two trailers.

In Quetta, two people were burned to death after an oil tanker caught fire at a petrol pump near Sariab Customs.

In another tragedy, three people were killed in a head-on collision between two vehicles on the Quetta-Karachi National Highway in the Surab area.

Police have launched investigations into the shootings and explosions, while authorities continue efforts to identify the unidentified victims and determine those responsible for the attacks.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Shahid Khaqan Abbasi challenges delisting of Awaam…

      Former Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has written a letter to Chief Election Commissioner Sikandar Sultan Raja, challenging the Election Commission of Pakistan’s decision to delist the Awaam Pakistan Party. In his letter, Abbasi expressed concern over what he described as an unjustified decision by the Election Commission to remove the party from its list of registered political parties. He said he was surprised that Awaam Pakistan had been delisted on the grounds that it had failed to conduct intra-party elections. Abbasi rejected the allegation and maintained that the party had already conducted intra-party elections for its National General Council and national office-bearers. According to him, the elections were held between March 26 and April 2, within the deadline provided by the Election Commission of Pakistan. The former prime minister said that Awaam Pakistan fulfilled the requirements set by the electoral body and completed its intra-party election process within the prescribed period. He added that the party submitted the election results along with detailed documentation to the Election Commission on April 6. Abbasi argued that the party had therefore complied with the Election Commission’s instructions and questioned the basis on which it was subsequently delisted. The letter stated that a total of 12,084 members participated in Awaam Pakistan’s intra-party elections. Abbasi described the electoral process as democratic and transparent, saying that the participation of thousands of party members demonstrated the party’s commitment to democratic procedures. He further expressed concern over what he termed the unfair and unusual manner in which an active political party had been delisted. According to Abbasi, the decision was difficult to understand, particularly because the party had conducted its intra-party elections and submitted the required documents to the Election Commission. Abbasi also objected to the fact that the party was delisted without being given an adequate opportunity to present its position. He said that removing an active political party from the electoral list without hearing its case was beyond comprehension and raised questions about due process. The former prime minister urged Chief Election Commissioner Sikandar Sultan Raja and the Election Commission to conduct an immediate hearing into the matter. He requested that Awaam Pakistan be provided an opportunity to explain its position and present the relevant evidence regarding the intra-party elections. Abbasi’s letter comes amid continued debate over the legal and procedural requirements that political parties must meet to remain registered with the Election Commission. Intra-party elections are an important requirement under Pakistan’s political and electoral framework, as they are intended to ensure democratic participation and accountability within political parties. The former prime minister maintained that Awaam Pakistan had fulfilled this requirement within the deadline and had provided the Election Commission with the necessary election results and supporting documents. He called on the electoral body to review its decision and hear the party’s case before taking any further action. Abbasi stressed that Awaam Pakistan should be given a fair opportunity to clarify the circumstances surrounding its intra-party elections and the documents submitted to the Commission. The controversy has placed renewed focus on the relationship between political parties and the Election Commission, particularly regarding compliance with electoral laws and the right of political parties to be heard before facing major administrative decisions. Abbasi’s appeal now seeks an immediate hearing and a review of the delisting decision, with the party arguing that it followed the prescribed procedure and conducted its intra-party elections in a democratic and transparent manner.

  • |

    Nimra Khan shares advice for parents on daughters’ marriage

    Nimra Khan is a well-known Pakistani actress and model who has remained associated with the entertainment industry for many years. Throughout her career, she has earned recognition for her acting skills and strong presence on television. However, her personal life has also attracted considerable public attention, particularly after she went through some difficult experiences. The actress previously survived a horrific traffic accident and later spoke about facing domestic violence during her first marriage. Despite the challenges she encountered, Nimra continued to move forward and eventually found happiness again when she got married for the second time. Her second marriage initially appeared to be a happy new beginning. Nimra openly shared moments of joy with her followers and celebrated the new chapter of her life. However, the happiness did not seem to last for long. In recent weeks, both Nimra and her husband have shared cryptic posts on social media, leading fans to speculate that their relationship may have come to an end. Adding to the speculation, Nimra has removed several of her wedding pictures from social media. She has also been sharing posts discussing toxic relationships, difficult men and the importance of women maintaining their independence. Her recent messages have sparked considerable discussion among her followers. Nimra has now shared advice directed at parents who are preparing to marry off their daughters. She reposted a message from a father advising parents to carefully consider the financial circumstances and character of a man before marrying their daughters to him. The message particularly warned parents against marrying their daughters to men who are financially unstable and dependent on others. Nimra appeared to agree with the advice and emphasized the importance of checking a prospective husband’s financial situation before making such a major decision. Her message reflects a broader discussion about the responsibilities of parents when arranging or approving marriages. Financial stability, emotional maturity, respect and the ability to take responsibility are often considered important factors when evaluating a potential life partner. However, Nimra’s advice also received mixed reactions from social media users. While some people agreed with her point and appreciated her willingness to speak about the issue, others questioned whether she should be giving relationship advice based on her own experiences. One social media user commented that Nimra should focus on healing rather than becoming involved in what they described as unnecessary drama. Another person pointed out that she had already been married twice and questioned her advice about remaining single and independent. At the same time, some users defended Nimra’s viewpoint. One commenter agreed that parents should carefully evaluate a man’s circumstances before marrying their daughters but raised another question about what qualities parents should consider when evaluating girls. Nimra’s latest post has therefore opened another debate about marriage, financial stability, independence and the responsibilities of both families. While opinions remain divided, her comments have once again placed her personal experiences and views on relationships at the centre of public discussion.

  • |

    Major US financial firms targeted in extensive phone-phishing campaign

    Ransom-seeking cybercriminals have launched a coordinated campaign targeting high-profile US financial institutions, including Blackstone, Apollo Global Management, KKR, Bain Capital, and CME Group. A technical report from Google’s Threat Intelligence Group revealed that hackers created 72 malicious websites designed to steal corporate login credentials. Operatives used social engineering tactics, reaching employees directly on personal mobile phones while spoofing corporate IT helpdesk numbers. Under the guise of urgent system updates, callers guided staff to fraudulent domains such as “passkeyhelpdesk” or “secure-passkey” to capture login credentials and multi-factor authentication passcodes in real time. According to threat intelligence analysis, the campaign represents a strategic pivot toward private equity firms, law practices, and financial rating agencies, driven by the assessment that these targets hold sensitive commercial data worth paying substantial ransoms to protect. While digital intelligence data identified fake portals created for over 200 organisations, including Uber, Levi Strauss, and several major law firms, it remains unconfirmed which specific financial targets experienced compromised systems. The threat actors operating under names such as Redact, Falcon, Helix, and Pink share common digital infrastructure. Analysts noted that despite advanced enterprise perimeter security, direct voice-phishing techniques exploiting human trust continue to rank among the most effective cyber-intrusion vectors.

  • | | |

    Google releases Android 17 QPR2 beta 3 with new fe…

    Google has released Android 17 Beta 3, also known as the QPR2 Beta 3 update, for eligible Pixel devices. The latest beta includes bug fixes as well as several new features and customization options. One of the biggest changes is a redesigned Quick Settings editor. The feature will allow users to arrange toggles and settings according to their preferences. Users can also choose which Quick Settings tiles appear in larger formats. Google is further expanding customization by allowing users to adjust the position of the brightness slider and media player. Additional theming options are also reportedly being prepared for the final release, including adjustable colour hues and more blur effects across different parts of the interface. The Android 17 Beta 3 update also introduces new call-protection features designed to help users avoid social-engineering scams. Additional confirmation dialogs may appear when users dial numbers associated with call forwarding, reducing the risk of unknowingly redirecting their calls to another number. The QPR2 Beta 3 update is currently available to eligible Pixel devices through the beta programme. While some features are already available for testing, Google is expected to introduce further improvements before the stable Android 17 release.

  • | |

    Is Mawra Hocane expecting her first baby?

    Pakistani actors Mawra Hocane and Ameer Gilani are once again at the centre of social media discussion after their recent anniversary posts sparked fresh speculation that they may be expecting their first child. The rumours began circulating after the couple shared photos and videos celebrating their first wedding anniversary. Some social media users claimed Mawra appeared to be hiding a baby bump, while others pointed to what they described as a noticeable “pregnancy glow.” However, neither Mawra nor Ameer has confirmed the speculation. The couple celebrated their anniversary by sharing heartfelt messages dedicated to each other. Mawra expressed her love by describing Ameer as the light of her life and thanked him for a memorable first year of marriage. Ameer also posted a loving tribute, expressing his hope for many more years together. Mawra also shared an emotional note about the jewellery and wedding dupatta gifted to her by her mother-in-law. She described the family heirlooms as deeply meaningful and said she hoped to preserve them before eventually passing them on to the next generation. Following the anniversary celebrations, online discussions intensified, with fans closely analysing the couple’s recent public appearances and photographs. The speculation quickly spread across entertainment pages and social media platforms. Despite the growing rumours, there has been no official confirmation from the couple regarding any pregnancy. This is not the first time Mawra has faced such speculation. In the past, she publicly dismissed similar claims, making it clear that the rumours were false and asking fans not to believe unverified reports. Mawra Hocane and Ameer Gilani tied the knot on February 5, 2025, in a private wedding ceremony attended by close family members and friends. The couple later shared wedding photographs on social media, receiving widespread congratulations from fans and fellow celebrities. Before getting married, the two actors worked together in several popular television dramas, earning praise for their on-screen chemistry and becoming one of Pakistan’s most admired celebrity couples.

  • | |

    Norwegian foreign minister to visit Pakistan after…

    Norwegian Foreign Minister Espen Barth Eide will arrive in Pakistan on August 13 for a two-day official visit aimed at strengthening bilateral relations and expanding cooperation between Islamabad and Oslo. The visit will continue through August 14 and will be Eide’s first trip to Pakistan by a Norwegian foreign minister in a decade. Eide is visiting Pakistan at the invitation of Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar. During his stay, the Norwegian minister will hold delegation-level talks with Dar. The discussions are expected to cover a wide range of bilateral and international issues. According to Pakistan’s Foreign Office, the two sides will examine opportunities to increase cooperation in trade and investment, climate change, renewable energy, education and people-to-people contacts. Regional and global developments are also expected to feature prominently in the talks. The visit comes as Pakistan and Norway have maintained diplomatic engagement through senior-level contacts in recent months. Dar and Eide held telephone discussions in March and April, while Norwegian State Secretary Andreas Motzfeldt Kravik visited Islamabad in May. Officials expect the latest visit to provide an opportunity to build on these contacts and identify new areas of cooperation that could benefit both countries. Pakistan and Norway have maintained cordial relations for decades, with cooperation extending across economic, development and diplomatic fields.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *