zahid taimoor reveals
|

Zahid Taimoor reveals why he avoided an acting career

Danish Taimoor has established himself as one of the most recognizable and successful stars in Pakistan’s television and film industry. With millions of followers on Instagram, the actor enjoys a huge fan base that continues to support him for his charismatic personality, strong screen presence, and memorable performances.

Over the years, Danish has appeared in several popular dramas, including Deewangi, Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi, Jaan Nisar, Ab Dekh Khuda Kya Karta Hai, Teri Chhaon Mein, and Ishq Hai. His performances in Sher and Mann Mast Malang have also received appreciation from audiences. Known particularly for his confident portrayal of romantic characters, Danish has become a familiar face among prime-time drama viewers.

Apart from acting, Danish Taimoor has also worked as a model and television host. His recent projects have further strengthened his position in the entertainment industry. His drama Humrahi has emerged as one of the most-watched shows of the year, attracting considerable attention from viewers. The actor is also preparing for another upcoming project, Nishtar, which is expected to air on Geo Entertainment.

Recently, Danish’s brother Zahid Taimoor attended the premiere of the final episode of Humrahi, where he spoke about his brother’s growing popularity, achievements, and journey in showbiz. The conversation also turned toward Zahid’s own decision not to pursue acting despite sharing a similar appearance and having the potential to enter the entertainment industry.

When Zahid was asked why he had not followed Danish into acting, especially given that people often compare their looks, he explained that his interests had always been different.

Zahid revealed that business had been his passion since childhood. He said that he had developed his mindset around business from an early age and had always seen himself pursuing a career in that field rather than becoming an actor.

Speaking about Danish, Zahid expressed immense pride in his brother’s accomplishments. He described Danish’s success as a major achievement and said that seeing his brother become a superstar was something he deeply appreciated.

Zahid also praised Danish for the way he approaches his professional career. According to him, Danish has developed a reputation for carefully selecting his projects rather than appearing in every offer that comes his way. He highlighted that the actor’s choices have consistently connected with audiences, with many of his dramas going on to become major hits.

The comments offered fans a glimpse into the close bond between the two brothers. While Danish chose the world of entertainment and built a successful career through acting, modeling, and hosting, Zahid decided to follow his own passion for business.

Despite choosing different professional paths, Zahid’s words made it clear that he remains proud of Danish and his achievements. His appreciation also reflects the strong support the actor receives from his family as he continues to take on new projects and maintain his position among Pakistan’s leading television stars.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Pakistan petroleum sales jump 23% in July as lower fuel prices boost demand

    Pakistan’s petroleum product sales recorded a significant increase in July 2026, reflecting stronger economic activity, improved agricultural demand, and the impact of lower fuel prices. Industry data released on Monday showed that total petroleum sales reached 1.51 million tons, marking a 23% year-on-year (YoY) increase and the strongest July performance in several years. According to a report by brokerage firm Arif Habib Limited (AHL), the growth was fueled by declining domestic fuel prices, improving conditions in the agriculture sector, and a gradual rebound in economic and automobile-related activity. The report noted that farmers’ purchasing power improved due to better agricultural economics, while lower fuel costs encouraged higher consumption across the country. Excluding furnace oil (FO), sales by oil marketing companies (OMCs) increased 18.5% YoY, making July 2026 the strongest July for petroleum demand since July 2021. Petrol and Diesel Consumption Climbs Demand for motor spirit (MS), commonly known as petrol, remained robust during the month. Petrol sales rose 23% YoY to 0.73 million tons, reflecting increased transportation activity and higher vehicle usage. Meanwhile, high-speed diesel (HSD) sales climbed 19% YoY to 0.62 million tons. Diesel consumption was supported by greater agricultural operations, commercial transportation, and industrial activity as the economy continued its gradual recovery. Furnace Oil Registers Massive Growth Furnace oil sales posted the strongest percentage increase among all petroleum products, surging 406% year-on-year to 0.08 million tons. AHL attributed this sharp rise primarily to increased furnace oil consumption by the power sector, where seasonal electricity demand during the summer months led to greater fuel usage for power generation. Strong Month-on-Month Growth On a month-on-month (MoM) basis, overall petroleum sales also recorded impressive gains, rising 20% compared to June 2026. Analysts said the monthly increase was largely driven by lower domestic petroleum prices, which followed a decline in international crude oil prices as geopolitical tensions eased in global markets. During the month: Petrol (MS) sales increased 12% over June. High-speed diesel (HSD) sales rose 25%. Furnace oil demand jumped 89%, supported by higher electricity generation requirements during peak summer temperatures. PSO Strengthens Market Position Among Pakistan’s oil marketing companies, Pakistan State Oil (PSO) emerged as the strongest performer in July. The company’s total petroleum sales climbed 38% year-on-year to 702,000 tons. Petrol sales increased by 44.1%, while diesel sales rose 40.3%, enabling PSO to expand its presence in the domestic fuel market. According to the report, PSO gained market share at the expense of Gas & Oil Pakistan (GO). GO’s market share in petrol declined to 5%, its lowest level since June 2024, while its diesel market share fell to 7%, the weakest since May 2024. Government Levy Collections Remain on Track The report also estimated that the federal government collected approximately Rs134 billion through the Petroleum Development Levy (PDL) during July. Based on current trends, AHL believes the government remains on course to meet its FY2026-27 PDL collection target of Rs1.68 trillion, representing an increase of nearly 12% compared with the revised target for the previous fiscal year.

  • | |

    Pakistan-Belarus deepen defence ties, top military…

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and Belarus have reaffirmed their commitment to expanding defence cooperation following high-level talks between senior military officials at Air Headquarters in Islamabad. According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), a Belarusian defence delegation led by Major General Muraveiko Pavel Nikolayevich, Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces and First Deputy Defence Minister, met with Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu, Chief of the Air Staff, on Thursday. The discussions focused on regional security, matters of mutual interest and opportunities to broaden military collaboration between the two countries. During the meeting, the Pakistan Air Force chief reiterated the PAF’s resolve to strengthen bilateral defence ties through greater cooperation in joint training, military exercises, technological innovation and defence industry partnerships. The Belarusian military chief praised the Pakistan Air Force for its high level of operational readiness, technological progress and growing self-reliance in defence capabilities. He also reaffirmed Belarus’ interest in expanding military cooperation with Pakistan across key areas. The meeting highlighted the shared determination of both countries to reinforce defence relations and explore new avenues of collaboration aimed at promoting mutual strategic interests

  • |

    Spain hero Marc Cucurella’s hairstyle has an emotional secret

    Spain’s FIFA World Cup-winning defender Marc Cucurella has become known around the world for his distinctive long, curly hair. But behind the trademark look lies a deeply personal story of love, fatherhood and unwavering support for his family. Following Spain’s World Cup triumph over Argentina, renewed attention has focused on the emotional reason Cucurella has chosen to keep his hair long. According to media reports, the Spanish international deliberately leaves his curls untied during matches so that his eldest son, Mateo, who has autism, can easily recognize him on the pitch. For Cucurella, his hairstyle is far more than a fashion statement. It is a symbol of his bond with his son and a reminder of the responsibilities and love that come with being a father. The touching story has resonated with football fans around the world, offering a glimpse into the personal challenges the defender has faced away from the spotlight. Reports say Cucurella and his partner, Claudia Rodríguez, went through an emotionally difficult period after Mateo was diagnosed with autism. In an Amazon Prime documentary, Rodríguez recalled how the couple struggled when they realized their son was developing differently from other children. She revealed that the experience was emotionally overwhelming. There were days when Cucurella would take Mateo to school and return home in tears, all while the family was preparing to welcome their second child, Rio. Cucurella has also spoken openly about how difficult it was to come to terms with his son’s diagnosis. However, he said the experience strengthened his commitment to supporting his family through every challenge. As Spain celebrates its World Cup success, Cucurella’s story has become an inspiring reminder that behind every sporting hero is a personal journey filled with sacrifice, resilience and unconditional love. For many fans, his iconic hairstyle now represents something far greater than football—it reflects the enduring power of family.

  • | | |

    AJK polling enters third phase amid tight security

    MUZAFFARABAD: Voting in the third phase of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir general elections began on Monday in four constituencies of Bagh and Haveli districts. Polling started at 8am and will continue until 5pm. Security has been tightened across the constituencies due to concerns over possible clashes and disturbances. Authorities have declared most of the 803 polling stations sensitive or highly sensitive. A large security contingent has been deployed to maintain law and order. Around 10,300 additional security personnel have been sent to Bagh and Haveli. Officials said the deployment was aimed at providing a safe environment for voters and election staff. The third phase was originally planned for all 11 constituencies of Poonch Division. However, voting was restricted to Bagh and Haveli after authorities reviewed the security situation. The remaining seven constituencies are expected to be polled later this month. Election officials have indicated that voting could take place on August 20 or 21, depending on the security situation. The current phase has attracted considerable political attention. Several prominent leaders are contesting the four seats. AJK Prime Minister Faisal Mumtaz Rathore is seeking to retain his constituency. Two former prime ministers, Sardar Tanveer Ilyas and Sardar Attique Ahmed Khan, are also in the electoral race. A total of 460,371 voters are eligible to cast their ballots. They include 238,664 men and 221,707 women. The election is being held at 803 polling stations. These stations have 1,254 polling booths. As many as 82 candidates are competing in the four constituencies. LA-14 Dhirkot has the highest number of candidates. Thirty candidates are contesting the seat. LA-17 Haveli has nine candidates, the lowest number among the four constituencies. In LA-17 Haveli, Prime Minister Rathore is facing PML-N candidate Engineer Mohsin Aziz and independent contender Khawaja Tariq Saeed. Rathore and Saeed were previously political allies. They had reportedly agreed to contest the seat alternately. Their political relationship changed after Rathore became prime minister. Rathore sought Saeed’s withdrawal from the contest. Saeed refused to step aside. The two former allies are now competing against each other. Mohsin Aziz is also running an active campaign. His father, Chaudhry Mohammad Aziz, had won the constituency several times in the past. The PML-N candidate is expected to receive support from sections of the Gujjar community. Saeed is believed to have support among parts of the Kashmiri community and several smaller clans. Rathore has expressed confidence about retaining the seat. He has highlighted the performance of his government during his tenure. The constituency has also witnessed allegations of electoral irregularities. Claims circulated on social media about alleged manipulation by two presiding officers. Election officials rejected the allegations as presented on social media. However, they confirmed receiving complaints against the two officials. Both were subsequently removed from election duties. In LA-15 Wasti Bagh, former prime minister Sardar Tanveer Ilyas is facing several strong contenders. The candidates include PML-N nominee and former minister Mushtaq Ahmed Minhas. PPP candidate and sitting minister Sardar Ziaul Qamar is also contesting. Jamaat-i-Islami candidate retired Brigadier Dr Mohammad Khan is another key contender. Ilyas had initially announced a boycott of the third phase. He later reversed the decision and returned to the election campaign. He has described the contest as important for his political future. He has also linked his campaign to the possibility of securing a senior constitutional position after the election. Ilyas and Ziaul Qamar belong to the same Madiyal tribe. Brigadier Khan belongs to the Narma clan. He is backed by several influential Jamaat-i-Islami figures and local supporters. Mushtaq Minhas is benefiting from the PML-N’s position as the leading party in the elections held so far. The party has secured the largest number of seats in the previous phases and is expected to play a major role in forming the next government. In LA-16 Sharqi Bagh, former ministers Sardar Mir Akbar and Sardar Qamar Zaman are among the main contenders. Mir Akbar is contesting on the PML-N ticket. Qamar is representing the PPP. The LA-14 Dhirkot contest has also emerged as one of the closely watched races. Sardar Attique Ahmed Khan, head of the Muslim Conference, is seeking another victory from the constituency. He has represented the seat for several years and previously served as AJK prime minister. He is facing a strong challenge from Sajid Iqbal Abbasi of the Awam Dast-o-Bazu Party. Abbasi is a contractor and philanthropist. He has reportedly spent substantial personal resources on welfare and development projects in the constituency. His supporters believe his community work has helped him build a strong voter base. The contest has become more interesting because Attique and Abbasi belong to the same tribe. PML-N candidate Raja Faisal Azad and PPP nominee Raja Mubashar Ejaz are also contesting Dhirkot. However, the main competition is expected to remain between Attique and Abbasi. The results of the third phase could influence the political balance in AJK. The PML-N has already emerged as the strongest party in the earlier phases. The PPP and other political groups will now seek to strengthen their position in the remaining contests.

  • | |

    Baby Shark star Park Geon-roung takes K-pop leap with WAVE

    The child performer who became globally recognised through the viral “Baby Shark” phenomenon is now preparing for a new chapter as a K-pop artist. Park Geon-roung, now 17, is set to enter the Korean music scene under the stage name Baby Shark Boy (BSB). His debut digital single album, WAVE, is scheduled for release on August 20, 2026. The upcoming track will feature Joohoney, a member of the popular K-pop group Monsta X. Park has also contributed to the song’s lyrics, giving him an opportunity to establish an identity beyond his childhood fame. Park first attracted international attention when he appeared in the “Baby Shark” video as a young child. The song went on to become one of the biggest digital entertainment phenomena in history, reaching audiences far beyond its original target of young children. The Pinkfong Company, the South Korean entertainment company behind the franchise, is supporting Park’s transition into music. According to the company, WAVE will include musical elements inspired by “Baby Shark” as a nostalgic connection to the performer’s early career. However, the new release is intended to present Park as a young musician in his own right rather than simply revive his childhood role. The original “Baby Shark Dance” became the most-viewed video on YouTube in November 2020 after overtaking Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s “Despacito.” It later became the first video on the platform to cross the 10-billion-view mark. The video has since accumulated more than 16 billion views, demonstrating the extraordinary global reach of the children’s song. Its popularity was largely driven by repeated viewing among children, with young audiences often replaying the short video multiple times. That high level of repetition helped transform the song into a global digital phenomenon. The track also moved beyond children’s entertainment and became a major social media trend. The #BabySharkChallenge encouraged users around the world to recreate its distinctive choreography. International celebrities and major K-pop acts also participated in the trend, helping the song reach audiences that extended well beyond its original demographic. Now, nearly a decade after his appearance in the viral video, Park is attempting to build a career in a very different part of the entertainment industry.

  • | |

    US expands import blacklist over Chinese forced la…

    The United States has banned imports from 43 additional Chinese companies over alleged human rights abuses and forced labour involving Uyghurs and other minority groups in the Xinjiang region. The decision marks the largest single expansion of the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act Entity List since its enactment in December 2021, bringing the total number of restricted entities from 144 to 187. Newly blacklisted firms span electronics, lithium, metals, pharmaceuticals, and food sectors, including major capacitor manufacturer Hunan Aihua Group and exporter Chacha Food Co, which US officials accuse of sourcing materials or recruiting personnel through state-backed forced labour programmes. While US Customs and Border Protection has intercepted more than 24,300 shipments valued at nearly $1 billion under the law, the Chinese embassy in Washington has rejected the allegations, maintaining that workers of all ethnic groups in Xinjiang freely choose their employment and receive equal remuneration.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *