ronaldo georgina plan
| |

Ronaldo, Georgina plan grand wedding after intimat…

Football superstar Cristiano Ronaldo and his longtime partner Georgina Rodriguez are planning a lavish wedding celebration after quietly getting married in an intimate ceremony at their home in Portugal.

The couple reportedly tied the knot on August 11, marking the 10th anniversary of the day they first met at a store in Madrid in 2016. Their private ceremony was attended only by their children, reflecting their decision to keep the occasion away from the public spotlight.

Georgina recently opened up about the marriage in an interview with British fashion magazine Vogue, explaining that their demanding schedules led them to choose a simple ceremony at home.

She revealed that the couple intends to organise a much larger celebration in the future, allowing their relatives and close friends to share the special occasion with them.

Georgina also recalled that she once dreamed of a fairytale wedding featuring a grand palace, a royal carriage, a long wedding dress and a diamond-studded crown. However, she said her priorities have changed with time, and she now values a peaceful and private celebration with Ronaldo and their children.

Following their wedding, Ronaldo and Georgina reportedly travelled for about an hour to the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Portugal, where they paid their respects.

The couple’s low-key wedding has attracted widespread attention, while their plans for a larger celebration are expected to generate further excitement among fans around the world.

Moreover, Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodriguez have given fans an intimate glimpse into their long-awaited wedding, with the first photograph from their private ceremony quickly attracting attention online.

The Portuguese football superstar and his longtime partner reportedly tied the knot on Aug 11 in a civil ceremony at their home in Cascais, Portugal. Rather than organising a lavish celebrity wedding, the couple chose a quiet family gathering surrounded by their five children and a small circle of loved ones.

The setting was reportedly their living room, adding an unusually personal touch to an event that could easily have become one of the world’s most extravagant celebrity weddings.

A meaningful Gucci choice

Ronaldo and Georgina also made a fashion statement with their wedding outfits, both choosing the luxury Italian brand Gucci.

Georgina opted for an elegant white silk skirt suit instead of a traditional bridal gown, while Ronaldo wore a light khaki-coloured suit. Their children were dressed in soft, coordinated shades, giving the family portrait a simple yet polished appearance.

The Gucci connection carries special meaning for the couple. Ronaldo and Georgina first met in 2016 at a Gucci store in Madrid, where Georgina was working as a sales assistant.

What began as an encounter at a fashion store eventually developed into one of the most closely followed relationships in international sport and entertainment.

Why the couple chose simplicity

Despite their glamorous lifestyle, Georgina has previously spoken about wanting a more personal family celebration rather than an elaborate wedding.

She explained that as a child she had imagined a grand wedding involving a palace, a large procession and a long bridal dress. Her priorities changed over time, however, and she came to value a quiet celebration with her partner and children more than luxury or spectacle.

The intimate ceremony appears to have reflected that wish, keeping the focus firmly on family.

Is Ronaldo nearing retirement?

The wedding news also coincides with renewed attention surrounding Ronaldo’s football future.

At 41, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner has indicated that the 2026-27 season could potentially be the final campaign of his remarkable career. Ronaldo has said he wants to leave football with a strong legacy, although he has not formally announced his retirement.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Bilawal urges Mirpur voters to support PPP in AJK …

    Pakistan Peoples Party Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has urged the people of Mirpur to actively participate in the first phase of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir elections. Bilawal issued a video message along with his sister, Aseefa Bhutto Zardari. He addressed voters as polling continued across Mirpur Division. Bilawal asked Kashmiris to come out of their homes and cast their votes. He said the people should use their democratic right to decide their future. He urged voters to support PPP candidates by voting for the party’s arrow symbol. Bilawal said the PPP believes that boycotting elections has never produced successful results. He therefore called on voters to take part in the electoral process instead of staying away from polling stations. The PPP chairman said voters should participate if they want their rights to be protected. He specifically mentioned the right to governance and ownership. He also called for the establishment of a truth and reconciliation commission for Azad Kashmir. Bilawal said the PPP wanted the people of Kashmir to have a strong voice in decisions affecting their future. He again urged voters to support the party and ensure their participation in the elections. Meanwhile, polling is continuing in the first phase of the AJK Legislative Assembly elections. Voting began at 8am and is scheduled to continue until 5pm. The first phase covers 13 constituencies in Mirpur Division. The constituencies are located in the districts of Mirpur, Kotli and Bhimber. Polling has started at most stations. However, voting could not begin at polling stations 36 and 37 in Aghar Colony, Kotli, because voters had not arrived. Officials are monitoring the polling process across the division. Authorities have also urged citizens to exercise their right to vote peacefully. Mirpur Commissioner Raja Tahir Mumtaz and Deputy Inspector General Kamran Ali visited wards 16 and 17 of LA-3. They reviewed the polling arrangements and assessed the situation at the polling stations. Speaking to journalists, the commissioner said polling had been proceeding peacefully across all three districts since the morning. He appealed to voters to leave their homes without fear and participate in the elections. The commissioner assured citizens that the administration had made security and other necessary arrangements. He said voters would be provided with a peaceful environment to cast their ballots.

  • | |

    Pakistan’s armed forces vow unbreakable defence …

    The Armed Forces of Pakistan have extended their warm greetings to the nation on the 79th Independence Day. The armed forces reaffirmed their unwavering commitment to defending the country against all threats. According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Forces, Field Marshal, along with the Chief of Naval Staff and Chief of Air Staff, congratulated the nation on the Independence Day. The military leadership said the defence of Pakistan remains their foremost responsibility. They reaffirmed their determination to protect the country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. The armed forces said they would continue to defend the motherland against every threat. They also pledged to remain vigilant in safeguarding Pakistan’s national interests. ISPR said the vision and principles of the founders of Pakistan continue to guide the nation. These principles encourage citizens to uphold the country’s ideology and national values. The armed forces said they would continue working with the nation to protect peace and stability. They stressed that national unity is essential for confronting challenges. The military also called on the people to promote unity, national solidarity and tolerance. It said these values are vital for a peaceful and stable Pakistan. The armed forces paid tribute to the Ghazis and veterans for their services to the country. They acknowledged their contributions to Pakistan’s defence and security. The military leadership also paid rich tribute to the martyrs of Pakistan. It honoured the sacrifices made by those who gave their lives while defending the country. The armed forces said the sacrifices of the martyrs would continue to inspire the nation. Their services would remain an important part of Pakistan’s national history. On Independence Day, the military reiterated its commitment to standing with the people. It said the armed forces would remain steadfast in protecting Pakistan’s peace, security and stability. Moreover, Pakistan is celebrating its 79th Independence Day today with national spirit and enthusiasm. The celebrations began across the country at midnight. People came out of their homes to mark the occasion. Streets, markets and neighbourhoods were decorated with the national flag. Green and white lights illuminated many cities. Buildings and public places were also decorated for the national day. Fireworks were held in several major cities. Citizens gathered at different locations to enjoy the celebrations.

  • | |

    PTI rift deepens as Salman Akram Raja, Mashal Yous…

    ISLAMABAD: Differences within the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) have intensified as senior party figures Salman Akram Raja and Mashal Yousafzai exchanged allegations over party affairs and accusations related to the alleged sale of tickets. Salman Akram Raja criticised those who, according to him, were unable to pursue the matter through legal channels and had instead resorted to what he described as baseless allegations against Mashal Yousafzai over ticket-selling claims. Raja also said he did not know who had nominated Yousafzai as a senator, maintaining that the decision had been made on the instructions of PTI founder Imran Khan. He added that he did not have the authority to remove her from the Senate. In response, Mashal Yousafzai alleged that Raja had made his recent statements after apologising to the PTI founder. She challenged the party leadership to take action against Raja if it had the authority to remove him from the party. The dispute has also drawn comments from PTI leader Shandana Gulzar, who questioned Raja’s remarks concerning money. She raised questions over the whereabouts of millions of rupees allegedly received from the United States and said that those responsible would face serious consequences if the matter was investigated. The exchange has added to growing tensions within the opposition party, with allegations and counter-allegations emerging as its leadership continues to grapple with internal disagreements.

  • | |

    Disneyland announces ambitious Tomorrowland reimag…

    Disneyland has unveiled plans for a sweeping reimagining of Tomorrowland, promising to breathe new life into one of the park’s most recognizable lands while preserving its long-standing spirit of optimism and imagination. The announcement, made at D23, revealed concept art showcasing a dramatically refreshed Tomorrowland designed to offer more immersive storytelling, emotional experiences and opportunities for visitors to imagine what the future could hold. The project is being positioned as a major priority for the resort and is expected to coincide with Disneyland’s 75th anniversary celebrations. Among the most intriguing details in the artwork are familiar elements presented in unexpected ways. The concept includes references to the Disneyland Monorail, a figure inspired by Figment and rocky cavern environments featuring waterfalls and adventurous ride experiences. Perhaps the most talked-about image, however, is a smiling depiction of Michael Jackson, which has sparked speculation among fans that Captain EO could potentially return. For longtime Disneyland enthusiasts, the announcement represents a remarkable moment. Tomorrowland has remained largely unchanged in its overall identity since its last major transformation in 1998, making the prospect of a substantial overhaul particularly significant. The project also comes with a strategic shift in Disneyland’s future plans. The Tomorrowland redevelopment will take priority over the previously anticipated Avatar-themed land, indicating Disney’s intention to focus on revitalizing an existing area before expanding into a new franchise-based destination. Reaction from longtime fans has been overwhelmingly emotional, with many describing the announcement as “insanely surreal” after decades of hoping to see Tomorrowland receive a major update. While Disney has yet to reveal every attraction, storyline or opening detail, the early concept art suggests a Tomorrowland that seeks to balance nostalgia with a renewed vision of the future. For a land built around the idea of tomorrow, Disneyland’s latest plans could finally give Tomorrowland a future worthy of its name. https://www.latimes.com/travel/newsletter/2026-08-15/d23-disneyland-remaking-tomorrowland-villains-land

  • |

    Greek wonderkid Karetsas joins Dortmund

    Borussia Dortmund have officially confirmed the signing of Konstantinos Karetsas. The young Greek forward joins from Belgian side Genk. He has put pen to paper on a five-year contract. The transfer news broke on Monday. Reports peg the fee at around 30 million euros. That translates to roughly $34 million. Additional bonuses are also included in the package. Karetsas is only 18 years old. But his numbers already speak volumes. He has scored three goals in ten appearances for Greece’s national team. His club form last season was just as impressive. He delivered 11 assists in the Belgian top flight. Dortmund had a clear gap to fill. The club recently lost Julian Brandt. The experienced playmaker left on a free transfer after years of service. His departure left a creative void in midfield. Karetsas now steps in as the man tasked with filling it. The teenager didn’t hold back his excitement after signing. He called Borussia Dortmund a special club. He said he feels proud to wear the black and yellow jersey. Club officials are equally thrilled. Dortmund’s sporting director praised the young forward’s game. He highlighted Karetsas’s technical skill and sharp footballing brain. According to him, the youngster has a real talent for finding quick solutions under pressure. That skill becomes especially valuable in tight spaces near goal. This transfer likely won’t be Dortmund’s last this summer. The club has also shown interest in another rising star. Cologne’s young German international, Said El Mala, is reportedly on their radar too. Context matters here. Dortmund finished last season as runners-up. Bayern Munich once again claimed the title. That gap is clearly on the club’s mind this transfer window. Signing proven young talent like Karetsas suggests a plan to close it. For Karetsas, this move marks a major step in his career. Moving from Belgian football to one of Europe’s most storied clubs is no small leap. Expectations will be high given his price tag and reputation. Dortmund fans will now watch closely to see how quickly he adapts. If his club and international form are any indication, he could become a key piece in Dortmund’s push to reclaim the title next season.

  • | |

    Khawaja Asif backs federal control of Karachi, Gwa…

    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif has said that, in his personal opinion, Karachi and Gwadar should be directly administered as part of the federation, stressing that his remarks are intended to serve the national interest rather than any political or personal agenda. Speaking in a television interview, Asif clarified that the proposal reflects his own views and has not been discussed or approved by his party. He acknowledged that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) may agree with some of his opinions while differing on others. “I am expressing my personal opinion. I have not sought my party’s approval for these remarks,” he said. “Some of my views may be supported by the party, while others may not.” The defence minister stressed that he has no personal interest in either Karachi or Gwadar and that his comments were made solely from the perspective of what he believes is best for the country. Asif also spoke about the importance of local government systems in modern democracies. He said effective local governments play a key role in governance, public service delivery and political development. He noted that local government institutions were revived during the 1980s and argued that many leaders currently serving at the provincial and federal levels began their political careers through the local government system. According to Asif, strengthening local governance remains essential for improving democratic institutions and ensuring better administration across the country. Commenting on the country’s administrative structure, the defence minister said provinces should not be created on the basis of provincial or ethnic identities. He suggested that national unity and effective governance should remain the guiding principles in discussions on administrative reforms.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *