dubais viral robot
| |

Dubai’s viral robot Bu Snaidah ‘marries’ fel…

Dubai: Dubai’s popular humanoid robot, Bu Snaidah, has sparked widespread attention after announcing its “marriage” to another robot named Moza in a series of social media posts.

Photos from the mock wedding ceremony were shared on Bu Snaidah’s official social media accounts, leaving many users amused and curious. However, the announcement was part of a creative social media campaign and did not represent a real legal or religious marriage.

Developed by SS Lootah Group, Bu Snaidah is based on the Unitree G1 humanoid robot, a platform originally designed for research and educational purposes. The robot has become an online sensation in the UAE through videos showcasing Emirati traditions, cultural events, and public appearances.

The lighthearted wedding campaign has further boosted Bu Snaidah’s popularity, with social media users praising the creative content and the innovative use of robotics to engage audiences.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Italian waste workers recover discarded €1m lottery ticket from mountain of refuse

    An anonymous lottery player in southern Italy has successfully retrieved a winning ticket worth €1 million (£857,000) after accidentally discarding the slip into a municipal bin. The mix-up occurred at a local shop in Bitonto when a ticket scanner displayed a “non-payable” notification. Unaware that the message indicated a payout exceeding the shop’s cash limit rather than a losing ticket, the player threw the slip into a rubbish bin. Upon returning home, family members pointed out that the player’s chosen numbers, 2, 4, 8, 10, and 51, had indeed been drawn. After returning to the store, the family discovered that the bin had already been emptied by a municipal collection vehicle operated by local sanitation company SANB. The owner alerted SANB officials, who tracked down the specific bin lorry before its contents were transferred to a compactor or landfilled. “This story is nothing short of miraculous,” said Roberto Nicola Toscano, director of SANB, noting that because the incident occurred on a Sunday, the lorry’s contents had not yet been processed. Sanitation staff escorted the vehicle to a secure facility and spent two days sifting through a massive heap of municipal waste. On Tuesday morning, a refuse worker located the intact winning ticket inside a damaged bag. The lottery winner, who signed a formal agreement to cover the operational costs of the search effort, will receive the full prize sum following official validation.

  • | | |

    US rejects Iran’s Hormuz demands

    The United States has rejected Iran’s demands concerning the management and monitoring of maritime traffic in the strategically important Strait of Hormuz, with US officials saying that Tehran’s proposals have not received approval from Oman or the broader international community. American officials said the agreement under discussion focuses only on coordination between the countries involved and does not include any taxes, transit fees, or other financial charges. They described Iran’s demands as unnecessary and maintained that the proposed arrangement should remain limited to practical coordination aimed at facilitating the movement of vessels through the strategic waterway. The US officials’ remarks came after Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi revealed that Tehran had proposed a joint monitoring mechanism with Oman for shipping activity in the Strait of Hormuz. According to Gharibabadi, Iran has suggested that each country should manage maritime traffic on its respective side of the strait. Under the proposal, Iranian authorities would oversee vessels and shipping movements in the section under Iran’s responsibility, while Oman would monitor traffic moving through the opposite side. Gharibabadi presented the proposal as an effort to improve coordination and maintain smooth maritime traffic through the strategically located waterway. The Iranian government has long emphasized the importance of regional countries taking greater responsibility for security and navigation in the Gulf and surrounding waters. However, US officials have challenged Iran’s position and said the demands made by Tehran do not form part of the limited coordination framework currently under discussion. They also indicated that neither Oman nor the wider international community has accepted Iran’s proposed conditions. The Strait of Hormuz plays a crucial role in global energy trade. The narrow waterway connects the Persian Gulf with the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea, making it a key route for international oil and gas shipments. Any disruption or uncertainty surrounding navigation in the strait could have consequences for global energy markets, shipping costs, and regional security. The latest disagreement comes amid broader tensions between Iran and the United States over regional security and maritime activity. Tehran has repeatedly stressed its role in maintaining security in the Gulf, while Washington has continued to monitor developments in the area and protect freedom of navigation for commercial and international shipping. The dispute over the proposed arrangement highlights the continuing differences between the two sides over the management of maritime traffic in the Strait of Hormuz. While Iran views its proposal as a framework for shared regional oversight and coordination, the United States maintains that any agreement should focus strictly on coordination and should not impose additional demands, taxes, or fees on international shipping. The issue remains significant because of the strait’s importance to the global economy. Any escalation between Iran and the United States or disagreement over maritime access could draw international attention and raise concerns about the safety and uninterrupted movement of commercial vessels through one of the world’s most important shipping corridors.

  • | | |

    Rakhi Sawant talks about Pakistani fans, sparks cr…

    Indian actress and social media personality Rakhi Sawant has once again become a topic of discussion after sharing her thoughts about the support she has received from Pakistani fans. Known for her outspoken personality and frequent appearances in entertainment news, Rakhi often attracts public attention with her personal views and social media presence. In a recent interview with BBC Hindi, Rakhi Sawant reportedly spoke about her connection with fans from Pakistan and expressed appreciation for the affection and support she receives from across the border. Her comments highlighted the personal relationships that can develop between celebrities and audiences despite political differences between countries. Rakhi said that Pakistani fans have shown her kindness and support during difficult moments. She described the relationship between people on both sides of the border as complex but emphasized the importance of human connections and compassion. Her remarks quickly gained attention on social media, where users from both India and Pakistan shared their opinions. Many people welcomed the message of friendship and suggested that ordinary citizens often share cultural similarities despite political disagreements. Others discussed the complicated nature of India-Pakistan relations and how public figures influence conversations about peace and understanding. The discussion also reflects the wider impact of celebrity voices in the digital age. With millions of followers online, entertainers often become part of broader conversations about culture, identity, and relationships between communities. A simple statement from a public figure can quickly generate reactions and debates across social media platforms. Rakhi Sawant has frequently remained in the spotlight due to her bold statements, entertainment projects, and active online presence. Her latest comments have once again placed her at the center of public discussion, particularly around the themes of friendship, humanity, and cross-border connections. While political relations between India and Pakistan have experienced periods of tension, cultural exchanges and personal connections between people continue to remain an important part of public conversation. Rakhi Sawant’s comments have added another chapter to the ongoing discussion about how celebrities can influence social dialogue.

  • |

    LAPD expert testifies on air fresheners found in D4vd’s Tesla

    A Los Angeles Police Department criminalist gave testimony this week about evidence found inside singer D4vd’s Tesla. Chelsea Murillo took the stand on July 22, the second day of the preliminary hearing, and told the court that she discovered eleven air fresheners scattered throughout the vehicle. Most of them were found in the center console, the rear seats, and the frunk. Murillo said she also noticed air fresheners tucked into the rear door pockets. Beyond that, she reported finding insects and dead flies in the vehicle’s front storage compartment. During her testimony, prosecutors presented photos as evidence. One image showed the air fresheners recovered from the car and the other displayed a mass of fly larvae found in the area where the body had reportedly been hidden. Murillo described a strong smell coming from inside the vehicle. She testified that the odor matched what she recognized as the smell of a decomposing body. The forensic inspection took place on September 9, 2025, one day after the remains were first discovered. The case centers on the death of a 14-year-old girl named Celeste Rivas Hernandez, D4vd is accused of killing her in 2025. Prosecutors allege the teen had threatened to expose details about a sexual relationship with the singer. According to reports, Celeste was just 13 years old when the relationship reportedly began. The preliminary hearing is expected to continue as more evidence and testimony are presented. Investigators have focused heavily on forensic details tied to the vehicle, given its central role in the case. Court proceedings so far have relied on physical evidence, including scent-based observations and biological findings inside the car. The presence of insects and decomposition-related signs has become a key point in establishing the timeline of events. D4vd has not been convicted, and the legal process remains ongoing. The hearing will help determine whether the case moves forward to trial. As details continue to emerge, the case has drawn significant public attention, given the singer’s public profile and the serious nature of the allegations involved. Updates from the courtroom are expected in the coming days as the hearing progresses further.

  • | | |

    Pakistan slams Houthi threats to Saudi Arabia

    Pakistan has strongly condemned the Houthi militia’s threats against Saudi Arabia and commercial shipping in the Red Sea, describing the actions as a serious threat to regional peace, international trade and maritime security. In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Foreign Office said Pakistan unequivocally rejects the continued threats directed at the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and vessels involved in lawful commercial activities. It stressed that freedom of navigation and the uninterrupted movement of global trade must be protected at all costs. The statement came after Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi movement announced a naval blockade against Saudi Arabia. The group declared that ships linked to the kingdom could become targets, saying the move was a response to what it described as Saudi actions in Yemen. Pakistan said any threat to commercial shipping violates international law and undermines the rules-based maritime order. The Foreign Office warned that such actions not only endanger regional security but also put global commerce and energy supplies at risk. Islamabad expressed particular concern over reports that commercial vessels trading with Saudi Arabia could be targeted. The Foreign Office said attacks or threats against civilian shipping are unacceptable and could have serious consequences for international trade. Reaffirming its commitment to protecting national interests, Pakistan warned that any hostile act against Pakistani-flagged ships or Pakistan’s maritime assets would be treated as a grave threat to the country’s sovereignty and national security. The statement added that Pakistan reserves the right to take all necessary measures, including lawful self-defense under the United Nations Charter and international law, to protect its maritime interests if required. Pakistan also voiced concern over attempts to widen the ongoing Middle East conflict by dragging Saudi Arabia into the regional confrontation. The Foreign Office reiterated Islamabad’s unwavering support for the security, sovereignty, territorial integrity and prosperity of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The government urged all parties to exercise maximum restraint and avoid further escalation. It called for dialogue, diplomacy and peaceful solutions to resolve disputes while emphasizing the importance of protecting international shipping routes. The Foreign Office stressed that ensuring the safety of maritime trade is essential for global economic stability. It said uninterrupted navigation through international waterways is critical for maintaining the flow of energy supplies and commercial goods across the world. The Houthi announcement has raised fresh concerns among governments and shipping companies over the security of the Red Sea, one of the world’s busiest maritime corridors. The Bab el-Mandeb Strait serves as a vital gateway connecting the Red Sea with the Gulf of Aden and is a key route for oil exports from the Gulf to international markets.

  • |

    Pakistan hockey team departs for World Cup mission

    LAHORE: Pakistan’s national hockey team has left Lahore for the Netherlands and Belgium, where the Green Shirts will begin their long-awaited campaign at the 2026 FIH Hockey World Cup. The team departed from Allama Iqbal International Airport on Sunday, August 9, with players and coaching staff heading to Europe with hopes of making a strong impression on the world stage. The World Cup is scheduled to take place from August 15 to 30, with matches being played across venues in the Netherlands and Belgium. Pakistan are returning to the tournament after an eight-year absence, adding extra significance to their campaign. The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has also released Rs200 million in foreign daily allowances for the players ahead of the competition. The amount has been transferred to the accounts of the team members. According to the PHF, all major logistical arrangements for the squad have been completed. Travel, accommodation and food arrangements for players and coaching staff have also been finalised, allowing the team to focus fully on preparations for the tournament. PHF President Mohyuddin Wani said the welfare of players and coaches remained a top priority. He added that financial and administrative matters had been addressed before the team’s departure. Pakistan secured their place in the World Cup after producing a dramatic comeback against Japan in the qualifying tournament earlier this year. The victory ended an eight-year wait for the former world champions to return to hockey’s biggest stage. The Green Shirts have been placed in Pool D alongside England, India and Wales, setting up a demanding group-stage campaign. Pakistan will open their World Cup campaign against England on August 15, followed by Wales on August 17 and arch-rivals India on August 19. With the team now on its way, attention will turn to whether Pakistan can turn its return to the global stage into a memorable tournament.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *