beatles film cast
|

Beatles film cast resumes filming at Abbey Road after setback

Barry Keoghan, Paul Mescal, Joseph Quinn and Harris Dickinson have resumed filming for Sam Mendes’ highly anticipated Beatles film after production faced a major setback involving one of the most historic locations connected to the legendary band.

On Sunday, August 16, the four actors were seen filming outside Abbey Road Studios in London, dressed in suits as they worked on scenes for the upcoming project. Their appearance at the iconic location marks an important moment for the production, particularly because Abbey Road holds a special place in the history of the Beatles.

The famous recording studio is closely associated with the band, which recorded much of its music there. Abbey Road also became the name of the Beatles’ 1969 studio album, one of the most celebrated records in music history. The album was the final studio album recorded by the group, although Let It Be was released afterward. Much of the material for Let It Be had already been recorded before the sessions for Abbey Road.

The new film project will see the four actors step into the roles of the legendary Beatles members. Barry Keoghan is set to portray drummer Ringo Starr, while Paul Mescal will play Paul McCartney. Joseph Quinn will take on the role of guitarist George Harrison, with Harris Dickinson portraying singer and songwriter John Lennon.

The actors’ latest filming appearance comes after concerns over whether production would be allowed to take place at Abbey Road. Director Sam Mendes had previously revealed that Westminster Council was not initially permitting filming at the location, creating uncertainty around plans to recreate scenes connected to the Beatles’ history.

However, the situation was later resolved, with filming ultimately going ahead at Abbey Road. The development allowed Mendes and his production team to use the historic location for scenes featuring the four actors portraying the iconic band members.

The project, officially titled The Beatles: A Four-Film Cinematic Event, was announced as an ambitious new take on the story of the legendary British rock band. Rather than focusing on the Beatles as a group through a single traditional biographical film, the project is planned as four interconnected movies, with each installment focusing on one member of the band.

The production is particularly significant because it has received the support and participation of the Beatles’ surviving members and the families of the late members. Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, along with the families of John Lennon and George Harrison, have granted rights connected to the project.

The star-studded cast extends beyond the four leading actors. Aimee Lou Wood, Anna Sawai and James Norton are also among the performers involved in the highly anticipated production, with additional cast members expected to appear.

Despite the growing excitement surrounding the project and the latest filming activity, the official release date has not yet been announced. Fans will have to wait for further details from Mendes and the production team as work continues on the ambitious Beatles film series.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    PPP resents Punjab’s development says Uzma Bukha…

      Lahore: Punjab Information Minister Uzma Bukhari has said that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) is fully aware of why the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) harbors resentment toward Punjab, adding that the province’s rapid development has become difficult for its political opponents to accept. Responding to recent statements made by PPP spokespersons in Lahore, Bukhari said that the Punjab government is utilizing public funds for the welfare and development of the people of Punjab, which, according to her, is the real source of the PPP’s criticism. She remarked that the “Nawabs of Larkana” are unable to digest the fact that Punjab’s resources are being spent on improving the lives of its citizens. The Punjab information minister also addressed PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, urging him to refrain from promoting what she described as politics of hatred and division. She said that as the chairman of a major political party, Bilawal should be mindful of the responsibilities associated with his position and avoid making statements that could deepen political polarization. Bukhari questioned why PPP representatives from Sindh rarely highlight the performance of their own provincial government. Instead of criticizing Punjab, she suggested, they should focus on informing the public about the achievements and governance record of the Sindh administration, which has remained under PPP leadership for several years. Highlighting the performance of the Punjab government, Bukhari said that Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has ensured that development projects and public resources are distributed across the province without discrimination. According to her, the government has extended development initiatives from Attock in northern Punjab to Rahim Yar Khan in the south, and from Rawalpindi to Vehari, ensuring that all regions benefit equally from provincial resources. She stated that the current administration is committed to improving public services, infrastructure, and the overall quality of life for people across Punjab. Bukhari added that those who are envious of Punjab’s progress and prosperity would continue to criticize, but such criticism would not hinder the government’s commitment to development.   Referring to the PPP’s political standing in Punjab, Bukhari claimed that the party currently ranks fourth in terms of public support in the province. She said this was not the fault of the PML-N but rather a reflection of the people’s confidence in the performance of the provincial government. According to her, Punjab’s residents continue to express satisfaction with the governance and development initiatives undertaken by the PML-N administration. In her remarks, Bukhari also referred to Karachi Mayor Murtaza Wahab, saying that when he visited Lahore to learn from the city’s governance and development model, the Punjab government welcomed him openly. She added that the same level of development, progress, and prosperity witnessed in Punjab should also be achieved in Sindh for the benefit of its people. The minister concluded by reaffirming that the Punjab government remains focused on serving the public through transparent governance and equitable development. She maintained that political criticism would not distract the administration from its objective of ensuring sustained progress and improving living standards throughout the province.

  • | |

    Tommy Lee says money struggles led him to escort w…

    Tommy Lee is shedding light on one of the least-known chapters of his life before becoming one of rock music’s biggest stars. The Mötley Crüe drummer recently revealed that financial struggles pushed him into working as a male escort during his early years in Los Angeles, long before the band achieved worldwide fame. His candid confession offers fans a surprising glimpse into the sacrifices he made while chasing his dream of becoming a successful musician.  Speaking on the Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard podcast, Lee explained that he, bassist Nikki Sixx and singer Vince Neil were living together in a small apartment when they met a woman who operated an escort service. At the time, the aspiring musicians were struggling to survive, receiving only about $20 a week from their manager. Faced with mounting financial pressure, they accepted the opportunity to earn extra income.  Lee admitted that the offer seemed impossible to refuse because it paid far more than what the band was earning. According to the drummer, he went on approximately nine or ten dates. While the word “escort” may sound dramatic, Lee explained that many of the appointments simply involved having dinner and providing companionship to older women. He recalled that several of the women were friendly and enjoyable to spend time with, making the experience different from what many people might assume.  The musician’s story highlights just how difficult life was before Mötley Crüe broke into the music industry. Like many aspiring artists, Lee faced years of uncertainty and financial hardship while trying to establish himself. His latest revelation serves as a reminder that success often comes after overcoming unexpected obstacles and making difficult choices.  After forming Mötley Crüe in 1981, Lee’s fortunes changed dramatically. The band quickly became one of the biggest names in hard rock, selling millions of albums worldwide and producing hit records including Shout at the Devil, Girls, Girls, Girls, and Dr. Feelgood. Their explosive performances and rebellious image turned them into rock legends, with Lee becoming widely recognized for his energetic drumming and larger-than-life personality.  Over the years, Tommy Lee has also spoken openly about other personal struggles, including addiction and recovery, using his experiences to reflect on the highs and lows of fame. His latest confession adds another layer to that story, showing the difficult road he traveled before reaching stardom.  Today, Lee’s honesty has sparked conversation among fans, many of whom view his story as an example of perseverance rather than scandal. His willingness to discuss the realities of his early life underscores a simple message: behind every success story is often a period of hardship, determination, and the courage to keep pursuing one’s dreams despite the odds. 

  • | | |

    Israel erupts over reported US-Saudi nuclear deal …

    Israel’s opposition leaders have sharply criticized Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for remaining silent over reports of a proposed civil nuclear agreement between the United States and Saudi Arabia. The reported deal has sparked concerns among Israeli politicians, who argue it could have significant security implications for the Middle East. According to Israeli media, former Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman described the proposed agreement as a strategic threat to Israel. He argued that civil nuclear programs can eventually pave the way for military nuclear capabilities, pointing to Iran as an example. Lieberman warned that allowing Saudi Arabia to enrich uranium on its own territory would cross a major security red line and could encourage a regional nuclear arms race. Lieberman also expressed concern that nuclear facilities in Saudi Arabia could become potential targets in any future conflict involving Iran. He urged the Israeli government to actively oppose the agreement and lobby members of the US Congress to reject it, even if doing so creates disagreements with US President Donald Trump. Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak also questioned the reported agreement, noting that it reportedly does not require Saudi Arabia to normalize diplomatic relations with Israel. According to Barak, the absence of such a condition could indicate reduced trust between Netanyahu and the US administration. Meanwhile, Democratic Party leader Yair Golan blamed Netanyahu’s policies for creating conditions that made such an agreement possible. He argued that if Saudi Arabia secures a favorable nuclear cooperation deal, other countries in the Middle East may seek similar agreements with Washington, potentially reshaping the region’s strategic balance. Reports in the Israeli newspaper Haaretz suggest that Israeli officials are particularly concerned about the possibility of Saudi Arabia being allowed to enrich uranium domestically. One Israeli source reportedly said such a provision would not be viewed positively in Israel, even if it were accompanied by future normalization between Saudi Arabia and Israel. The debate follows reports published by The Wall Street Journal, which claimed that President Donald Trump has approved a framework for a civil nuclear cooperation agreement with Saudi Arabia. According to the report, the proposed agreement could run for 30 years and involve investments worth several billion dollars. It would reportedly provide Saudi Arabia with access to civilian nuclear technology for energy production, while discussions continue over whether uranium enrichment would be permitted under the deal. Although negotiations over US-Saudi nuclear cooperation have continued for years, the reported agreement remains closely watched because of its potential impact on regional security, energy cooperation, and future diplomatic relations in the Middle East.

  • | |

    PM Shehbaz praises ISPR’s Balochi patriotic song

    ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has praised the singers, performers and production team behind a new Balochi patriotic song released by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) for Independence Day. The prime minister shared the song’s video on X and expressed his appreciation for everyone involved in the project. Shehbaz said the song beautifully reflected the spirit of love for Pakistan. He added that the patriotic composition had filled him with pride. The prime minister particularly acknowledged the artists and singers for presenting the national message through the Balochi language. He said the song showcased the cultural richness of Balochistan while reinforcing feelings of patriotism. He also commended the producers and other members of the team for their contribution. According to Shehbaz, their efforts had successfully conveyed a powerful message of devotion to the homeland. The Balochi-language song forms part of the Independence Day celebrations being held across Pakistan. It combines patriotic sentiments with the region’s distinctive cultural identity. The prime minister said such creative initiatives help highlight Pakistan’s linguistic and cultural diversity. He noted that regional languages provide meaningful ways to express national pride and strengthen a shared sense of identity. Independence Day preparations are underway across the country, with patriotic songs, cultural programmes and other activities planned to mark the occasion.

  • | |

    New team formed to probe Mir Raza Ali’s death

    The investigation into the death of 25-year-old businessman Mir Raza Ali has taken a new turn after police added a murder charge to the case and reconstituted the team handling the probe. Ali’s body was discovered in bushes in Karachi’s Gulistan-i-Jauhar on July 29, a day after he was reported missing. His family has maintained from the outset that he was abducted, subjected to torture and killed, while the initial police investigation had considered the possibility of suicide. The latest development came after a second post-mortem examination produced findings that differed from the initial medical report. According to an order issued by the Sindh Inspector General of Police’s office, the investigation team has been reorganised following the findings of the second autopsy. The first information report (FIR), initially registered under Section 365 of the Pakistan Penal Code for kidnapping, now also includes Sections 302 and 201. Section 302 deals with murder, while Section 201 relates to causing evidence of an offence to disappear or providing false information to protect an offender. A five-member team has now been assigned responsibility for the investigation. It is headed by Sindh Deputy Inspector General (Crime and Investigation) Amir Farooqui and includes senior police officers from different investigative units. The new team has been directed to conduct a thorough and impartial investigation and examine the case from every relevant angle. Police have also been instructed to identify, secure and analyse any new evidence, including physical, forensic, technical and circumstantial material. The team has been asked to make every effort to determine what happened to Ali and submit its findings to the relevant court within the required timeframe. Investigators will also provide daily updates on the progress of the case. The development follows demands from Ali’s family for a change in the investigation. Family lawyer Jibran Nasir had called for the original probe to be replaced after the businessman’s body was exhumed for a second post-mortem examination. According to the family’s legal representative, the fresh examination found evidence indicating that Ali had been shot in the back. He argued that the finding contradicted the earlier possibility of suicide and supported the family’s allegation that Ali had been murdered. Nasir has further alleged that Ali was tortured before his death, describing him as a young and ambitious businessman whose death had left his family seeking answers. The lawyer has also criticised the handling of the case by senior police officials, claiming that the family faced harassment and pressure instead of receiving a satisfactory investigation.

  • | |

    Jubilant PML-N workers celebrate AJK election succ…

    Rawalpindi: Jubilant Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) workers celebrated the party’s performance in the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) elections with enthusiastic gatherings and slogan-chanting in Rawalpindi late Sunday. Senior Punjab Minister Maryam Aurangzeb joined party supporters as they marked the election victories with celebrations. Workers raised slogans in support of PML-N President Nawaz Sharif, Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif, and the Pakistan Armed Forces, while also expressing confidence in the party’s political future and its stance on Kashmir. The celebrations echoed across parts of the city as party activists chanted slogans backing the PML-N leadership, including Maryam Nawaz, and congratulated candidates on their electoral success. Supporters described the election outcome as a significant achievement for the party and vowed to continue backing its leadership in future political contests. Moreover, The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) continued to consolidate its lead in the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Legislative Assembly elections after the Election Commission announced additional constituency results, giving the party a commanding advantage in the latest vote count. According to the latest results, PML-N has secured victory in 11 constituencies, while it is leading in three more seats. The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) has won two constituencies and is ahead in four others. Polling in one constituency, LA-27, has been postponed. The newest official results announced by Election Commission member Syed Nazir-ul-Hassan Gilani confirmed PML-N’s victories in two more constituencies. In LA-38 (Jammu-5), PML-N candidate Zeeshan Ali emerged victorious after securing 13,652 votes, defeating the Pakistan Muslim League (AJK) candidate, who received 9,523 votes. In LA-39 (Jammu-6), PML-N’s Raja Muhammad Siddique claimed the seat with 10,981 votes, comfortably defeating PPP candidate Chaudhry Fakhar Zaman, who polled 5,081 votes. With these latest victories, PML-N has further strengthened its position in the AJK elections, while PPP remains competitive in several constituencies where vote counting is still underway. The final composition of the Legislative Assembly will become clearer once the remaining results are officially declared.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *