israel says hezbollah
|

Israel says Hezbollah tunnel network destroyed in southern Lebanon

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Israel Katz announced that Israeli forces had destroyed what they described as a major Hezbollah tunnel network in southern Lebanon. According to a joint statement released on Friday, the underground tunnels in the Beaufort area were considered an important part of Hezbollah’s alleged plan to enter communities in northern Israel’s Galilee region.

The Israeli government said the military used around 700 tons of explosives to demolish the tunnel system. Officials described the operation as part of Israel’s continuing efforts to eliminate Hezbollah’s military infrastructure in southern Lebanon. They claimed the action was necessary after accusing Hezbollah of violating the ceasefire agreement that had been reached between the two sides.

Before the Israeli announcement, Lebanese media reported a series of powerful explosions across several locations in southern Lebanon. Blasts were heard in the town of Hadatha, around Deir Mimas near Beaufort Castle and in the area between Arnoun and Yahmar. Residents said the explosions echoed across nearby districts and caused widespread concern during the night.

The military operation comes only weeks after Lebanon and Israel signed a United States backed framework agreement on June 26 aimed at reducing tensions along the border. The deal outlined a gradual withdrawal of Israeli forces from occupied Lebanese territory while the Lebanese army would expand its presence in the south and armed groups would be disarmed. Although Hezbollah was not named directly, the agreement was widely understood to include the group.

As part of the first phase of the agreement, the Lebanese army began deploying forces in the town of Zawtar al Gharbiyeh on July 21 after Israeli troops pulled back from the area. The town was selected as one of the first locations for implementing the security arrangements outlined in the agreement.

Despite the deal, tensions remain high. Israel continues to maintain a military presence in parts of southern Lebanon. Some of these areas have been occupied for decades while others have been under Israeli control since the conflict that took place during 2023 and 2024. Reports also indicate that Israeli forces recently advanced more than 10 kilometres into Lebanese territory during their latest operations.

According to Lebanon’s Health Ministry, Israeli attacks carried out since March 2 have killed 4,333 people and injured more than 12,200 others. The figures reflect the heavy human cost of the ongoing conflict, which has continued despite diplomatic efforts to restore stability along the border.

Lebanon’s National News Agency also reported that large explosions shook the southern regions of Yohmor al Chqif, Arnoun and Kfar Tebnit overnight. The blasts were so powerful that shockwaves were felt in towns far from the affected areas. In the Marjayoun district, explosions near Beaufort Castle reportedly shattered windows and damaged nearby homes in Qlayaa. Residents described strong vibrations and the smell of gunpowder spreading through the area after the blasts.

The agency further reported that Israeli forces carried out heavy machine gun fire near al Mansouri and Biyout al Sayyad in the Tyre district while artillery shells struck al Mansouri. Tank movements were also reported near Baraachit hill heading towards Aainata in the Bint Jbeil district as military activity continued across southern Lebanon.

Similar Posts

  • | | |

    Karachi firing over motorcycle dispute leaves one …

    Karachi: A dispute between two groups over a motorcycle collision turned violent in Karachi’s Shireen Jinnah Colony, resulting in the death of one person and injuries to four others. According to police officials, the incident began after a motorcycle accident led to an argument between the sons of Abdul Muqadar and Pir Zaman. Residents of the area intervened and managed to calm the situation, after which both groups returned to their homes. However, the situation escalated shortly afterward when Pir Zaman and his associates allegedly arrived at Abdul Muqadar’s residence and opened fire. A gun battle reportedly followed between the two groups. As a result of the firing, Abdul Muqadar and one of his sons were injured, while his other son, Aamir, died on the spot. Two members of the opposing group, identified as Shahid Zaman and Abu Zar, also sustained injuries. Following the incident, a heavy police contingent reached the scene and shifted the deceased and injured individuals to a hospital. Police officials collected multiple bullet casings from the site and launched an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the shooting. Authorities are working to determine the exact cause of the dispute and the role of those involved in the exchange of fire. Further legal action will be taken after completion of the investigation.

  • | |

    Spotify reveals Atif Aslam nears 8 billion streams

    Atif Aslam is entering the release of his fourth studio album with a set of streaming numbers that underscore just how far his music has travelled and how deeply it has embedded itself in the listening habits of people around the world. With Subah Aye Na set to arrive on July 31, 2026, his first full-length album since Meri Kahani debuted in 2008, Spotify has released a series of listening insights that paint a remarkable picture of his global reach. According to the figures, Atif currently holds nearly 8 billion monthly streams on the platform, drawing in more than 80 million listeners spread across 184 countries. In 2025 alone, 96 percent of Atif’s listeners streamed his songs outside Pakistan, highlighting the strength of his international fanbase across the Middle East, North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, South Asia and beyond. (jang) It is a figure that speaks to something more than commercial success. It points to a voice that has crossed cultural and linguistic boundaries in a way that very few South Asian artists have managed at this scale. The generational dimension of his audience is equally striking. Spotify stats confirm that 85 percent of his streams come from younger listeners, suggesting that despite being a millennial himself, Atif’s music resonates deeply with Gen-Z audiences who have discovered him well into his career. (jang) That cross-generational appeal is one of the rarer qualities an artist can have, and the numbers suggest it is very much alive. Last year, more than 41 million listeners discovered or returned to his music on Spotify, a surge that reflects both new audiences finding him for the first time and long-time fans coming back. (jang) The platform also confirmed that his songs appear on more than 37.5 million user-created playlists, including wedding playlists, late night drive compilations and more, (jang) a detail that says as much about the emotional context of his music as it does about its streaming performance. His songs are not simply being listened to. They are being chosen for life’s most significant moments. Atif himself has been characteristically thoughtful in describing what the new album represents. “This album is a true representation of freeing myself from the chaos and meeting my real self,” he said. “Stay tuned. I can’t wait for all of you to hear it.” Subah Aye Na is an eight-track album featuring the songs Subah Aye Na, Safar Mein Hun, Ishq, Let’s Have Some Fun, Sun Sajna, Hun Ishq Mein, Char Yaar and Sachay Waday. For an artist whose career began with Doorie and Aadat and has since become the soundtrack to countless lives across the subcontinent and beyond, July 31 represents not just a new release but a return to something deeply personal.

  • | |

    Ryan de Nino, Married at First Sight star, passes …

      Ryan de Nino, best known for appearing on Lifetime’s Married at First Sight, has died at the age of 40. The reality star passed away suddenly in New Jersey earlier this week, according to a family member who confirmed the news. His family has not revealed the cause or circumstances of his death.  De Nino appeared on the second season of Married at First Sight, which aired in 2015. He was matched with Jessica Castro, a New York law firm receptionist, as part of the show’s unusual experiment in which couples meet for the first time at the altar. Ryan and Jessica initially decided to remain married after completing the show’s trial period. However, their relationship later became highly contentious. The couple eventually divorced, and their difficult breakup became one of the most talked-about stories from their season.  Their relationship continued to make headlines after filming ended. In 2015, Castro filed a restraining order against Ryan and made serious allegations concerning threats toward her and her family. Ryan disputed the allegations at the time. The former couple ultimately went their separate ways.  Following news of Ryan’s death, his sister, Melissa DeNino, shared an emotional tribute on social media. She remembered her brother as funny, witty and fiercely loyal to the people he loved. She also described him as someone with a huge heart and reflected on the unique bond between siblings. Melissa wrote about the pain of losing someone who had been part of her life from the beginning. Her tribute included photographs of Ryan and the siblings throughout the years.  Jessica Castro has also reacted to the news. She said she had not been in contact with Ryan for years and therefore did not know about his life in recent times. Despite their complicated history, she expressed her condolences to his family and wished him peace.  Ryan’s death has prompted viewers to remember his time on Married at First Sight and the dramatic relationship that made his season particularly memorable. While he largely stayed away from the spotlight after the show, his sudden passing has brought attention back to his reality television career. For now, Ryan’s family has chosen not to release additional details about his death. As they grieve his loss, fans and former MAFS viewers have been sharing condolences for his loved ones.

  • |

    Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce’s pets struggle after wedding

    Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce may have settled comfortably into married life, but their beloved pets are reportedly taking a little longer to adjust to their new family dynamic. The pop superstar and NFL champion exchanged wedding vows on July 3, 2026, at Madison Square Garden in what was described as a dreamy and intimate ceremony. Since then, the newlyweds are believed to have been enjoying married life and settling into their relationship with ease.However, their pets appear to be facing an entirely different kind of adjustment. According to people familiar with the couple, Swift’s cats are still getting used to Kelce’s dog, Wendy, who has become part of their shared household. While the couple themselves have reportedly adapted quickly to married life, their four-legged companions are finding it harder to establish a comfortable routine together. Swift’s cats have spent years enjoying their familiar surroundings and are reportedly not particularly impressed by the arrival of an energetic dog. Wendy, whom Kelce adopted last year, is said to be eager to interact and play with the cats, but the feeling does not appear to be mutual. The biggest challenge seems to be their very different personalities. Wendy reportedly wants to play and socialize throughout the day, while Swift’s cats prefer a quieter environment where they can relax and have their own space. The situation has reportedly become a humorous part of life inside the couple’s home, with the animals slowly learning how to coexist under the same roof. Despite the difficulties, there is reportedly no serious concern among Swift and Kelce’s friends. The couple are said to be handling the situation patiently and allowing their pets to adjust at their own pace rather than forcing them to become close immediately. The animals are gradually becoming more comfortable around one another and are eventually able to spend time in the same room. Although they may not have reached the stage of cuddling together just yet, their progress is reportedly encouraging. The situation is also being viewed as a normal part of blending two households after marriage. While Swift and Kelce have already established their rhythm as a couple, their pets are still learning how to share their space and routines. Interestingly, the pets’ slow adjustment comes as Swift and Kelce mark another important milestone in their relationship. The couple recently reached the one-year anniversary of their engagement, which they publicly announced on August 10, 2025. For now, the newlyweds appear to be giving their pets plenty of time to settle into their new reality. If their owners’ relationship is any indication, there may be plenty of time for the cats and Wendy to eventually find their own version of harmony.

  • | |

    Bilawal urges Mirpur voters to support PPP in AJK …

    Pakistan Peoples Party Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has urged the people of Mirpur to actively participate in the first phase of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir elections. Bilawal issued a video message along with his sister, Aseefa Bhutto Zardari. He addressed voters as polling continued across Mirpur Division. Bilawal asked Kashmiris to come out of their homes and cast their votes. He said the people should use their democratic right to decide their future. He urged voters to support PPP candidates by voting for the party’s arrow symbol. Bilawal said the PPP believes that boycotting elections has never produced successful results. He therefore called on voters to take part in the electoral process instead of staying away from polling stations. The PPP chairman said voters should participate if they want their rights to be protected. He specifically mentioned the right to governance and ownership. He also called for the establishment of a truth and reconciliation commission for Azad Kashmir. Bilawal said the PPP wanted the people of Kashmir to have a strong voice in decisions affecting their future. He again urged voters to support the party and ensure their participation in the elections. Meanwhile, polling is continuing in the first phase of the AJK Legislative Assembly elections. Voting began at 8am and is scheduled to continue until 5pm. The first phase covers 13 constituencies in Mirpur Division. The constituencies are located in the districts of Mirpur, Kotli and Bhimber. Polling has started at most stations. However, voting could not begin at polling stations 36 and 37 in Aghar Colony, Kotli, because voters had not arrived. Officials are monitoring the polling process across the division. Authorities have also urged citizens to exercise their right to vote peacefully. Mirpur Commissioner Raja Tahir Mumtaz and Deputy Inspector General Kamran Ali visited wards 16 and 17 of LA-3. They reviewed the polling arrangements and assessed the situation at the polling stations. Speaking to journalists, the commissioner said polling had been proceeding peacefully across all three districts since the morning. He appealed to voters to leave their homes without fear and participate in the elections. The commissioner assured citizens that the administration had made security and other necessary arrangements. He said voters would be provided with a peaceful environment to cast their ballots.

  • | |

    Hamilton leads Ferrari One-Two in Hungarian grand …

    Lewis Hamilton led teammate Charles Leclerc to a Ferrari one-two in Friday practice at the Hungarian Grand Prix, signaling strong form for the Scuderia at the Hungaroring. Hamilton was 0.148 seconds ahead of Leclerc, with McLaren’s Lando Norris third, 0.499 seconds off the pace, and Red Bull’s Max Verstappen fourth. Ferrari looked in good shape on a track that lends itself to the car’s strong cornering performance. Mercedes, however, appeared to have some work to do, with George Russell in fifth, 0.933 seconds off the pace, and championship leader Kimi Antonelli in 13th. Antonelli did not complete a qualifying simulation lap in the second session after his first attempt was abandoned when Franco Colapinto crashed his Alpine at the last corner, and his second came to grief after an error at the chicane. Antonelli was complaining throughout the session about his car’s balance. Fernando Alonso ended the day 19th fastest in the new Aston Martin, 2.990 seconds off the pace. Team principal Adrian Newey described the first outing for the car, which is new apart from its engine, gearbox, and front suspension, as “promising.” Alonso had a lap nearly 0.4 seconds faster ruled out for track limits at the final corner, but the team made a significant step forward from where they have spent most of the season. Newey said: “Provisional results are promising. It’s only part of the package, so we’ll have some more steps in Zandvoort and then further in Monza and Baku. It’s the first part of our planned upgrade. We’re very short on parts, so we’re being careful with it and trying to learn all about it.” Engine partner Honda is introducing a new engine at the Dutch Grand Prix after the summer break. The day was not all positive for Aston Martin, however, as Alonso’s teammate Lance Stroll spun out of the first session with what initially appeared to be a rear suspension failure. He was unable to take part in the second session because there was not enough time to repair the car. Team representative Pedro de la Rosa confirmed: “It is a suspension failure. We were confident it would not happen in Fernando’s car. That’s why we sent him out. Because of the lack of spares we couldn’t repair his car on time.” Ferrari’s strong performance in practice positions them as the team to beat heading into qualifying, with Hamilton looking comfortable in the car and Leclerc close behind. McLaren and Red Bull will need to find improvements if they are to challenge the Ferraris, while Mercedes face a significant task to unlock pace for qualifying and the race. Aston Martin’s upgrades offer hope for the future, but they remain off the pace of the frontrunners. The Hungaroring, known for its twisty nature, often rewards cars with strong downforce and cornering ability, which played to Ferrari’s strengths. As the weekend progresses, teams will be fine-tuning their setups for qualifying and race day, with the battle for pole position and victory set to be a closely contested affair. The weather conditions could also play a role, with forecasts suggesting the possibility of rain, adding another layer of unpredictability to the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend. Fans are eagerly anticipating the action, with the Hungaroring historically producing exciting races. Ferrari will be looking to convert their practice pace into a strong result, while their rivals will be working hard to close the gap and challenge for the top step of the podium. The stage is set for a thrilling weekend of Formula 1 action in Hungary.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *