pakistan qatar review
|

Pakistan, Qatar review security cooperation as Naq…

Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi on Monday reviewed security cooperation and discussed ways to further expand collaboration with Qatar’s Minister of Interior and Commander of the Internal Security Force (Lekhwiya) Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani in Doha .

A statement by Qatar’s Ministry of Interior said Sheikh Khalifa received Naqvi at his office, where the two sides reviewed cooperative relations between the two countries in the security field . “They discussed ways to further strengthen and develop them, in addition to exchanging views on several issues of mutual interest,” the statement added .

The high-level meeting came amid escalating tensions in the Middle East following the US-Iran conflict . In the past 10 days, the United States has intensified strikes on Iranian infrastructure, while Iran has targeted US military bases in the region . Since then, Pakistan and Qatar have stepped up diplomatic efforts aimed at promoting dialogue and regional stability .

Mediators Pakistan and Qatar have intensified the exchange of messages between the US and Iran after the two warring sides communicated their responses to a joint formula to end their months-long war . Earlier this week, Islamabad and Doha proposed a joint de-escalation formula, urging the US and Iran to return to their pre-July 9 positions “as a first step” to resume stalled talks to permanently end the conflict, according to an official familiar with the matter .

The de-escalation proposal, jointly drafted by Islamabad and Doha after consulting representatives, called on both sides to halt further military advances and create conditions for renewed negotiations . The diplomatic push reflects the growing role of Pakistan and Qatar as key mediators in the conflict, leveraging their relationships with both Washington and Tehran to bridge divides .

Similar Posts

  • |

    Global food prices hit three-year high in July

    Global food prices reached their highest level in three years in July. The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said global food prices rose significantly due to weather conditions and the Iran-US war reaching a three-year high. The FAO Food Price Index tracks monthly changes in international prices of major food commodities. According to the index, global food prices rose to 131.1 points in July compared with 130.3 points in June. This was the highest level recorded since January 2023. The FAO’s chief economist had told a news agency in recent days that the world was once again facing food price inflation due to the wars in Iran and Ukraine as well as the El Niño climate phenomenon which can affect crop production. El Niño is a climate pattern in which a large part of the Pacific Ocean becomes unusually warm contributing to an increase in global temperatures. According to the international organization, wheat prices increased by 5.8% resulting in an overall 3.4% increase in commodity prices. Wheat exports through the Black Sea were affected while rising temperatures disrupted crop production in major wheat-growing regions. The FAO Vegetable Oil Price Index increased by 2% reaching its highest level since June 2022. Vegetable oil prices rose due to the Iran war and increased demand for biodiesel. Sugar prices increased by 5.6% amid weather-related concerns in Europe and Asia. However, meat prices declined by 2.8%.

  • | | |

    Ducky bhai questions parents’ role in children?…

    Pakistani YouTuber Ducky Bhai has questioned the growing criticism of YouTubers over their alleged negative influence on children, arguing that parents must also take responsibility for their children’s upbringing and online activities. In his recent remarks, Ducky Bhai rejected the idea that YouTubers alone are responsible when children are exposed to inappropriate or negative content. He questioned where parents are when children are spending significant amounts of time online and consuming digital content. According to Ducky Bhai, content creators should make an effort to keep their videos clean and appropriate. However, he stressed that YouTubers cannot be expected to act as parents for every child watching their content. He argued that parents have a key role in deciding what their children watch and how much time they spend online. Monitoring internet activity, setting boundaries and discussing appropriate content with children, he suggested, should be part of responsible parenting. Ducky Bhai also referred to his own childhood while explaining his perspective. He recalled that his father encouraged him to focus on his studies and used rewards, including the promise of a PlayStation for good performance, as motivation. He further revealed that his father had installed security measures on his computer that allowed him to monitor his activities. According to Ducky Bhai, this close supervision helped his parents remain aware of what he was doing online. His comments have renewed discussion about the responsibilities of parents and digital content creators in an age when children have easy access to YouTube and other online platforms. While creators can influence young audiences through the content they publish, Ducky Bhai believes parents cannot simply shift the entire responsibility onto YouTubers. Instead, he says families should actively monitor children’s digital activities and guide them toward appropriate content. The debate highlights a broader challenge for modern families: balancing children’s access to entertainment and technology with parental supervision. As online platforms continue to become an important part of children’s daily lives, both content creators and parents face increasing pressure to ensure that young viewers are exposed to safe and suitable material.

  • | | | |

    Iran ready to resist pressure as Hormuz talks near…

    TEHRAN: Iran is prepared to continue resisting mounting pressure, Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said, as Tehran and Oman move closer to an agreement on managing navigation through the strategically vital Strait of Hormuz. Araghchi said Iran would not forget what it described as the unjust bloodshed of its martyrs and would not forgive those responsible. His remarks come amid continuing tensions between Tehran and Washington and uncertainty over the future of negotiations. The Iranian foreign minister also warned that talks with the United States would not resume if Washington continued to violate the memorandum of understanding between the two countries. According to Araghchi, Iran and the United States are currently not engaged in direct negotiations. However, messages are being exchanged through intermediaries, keeping a narrow diplomatic channel open despite the broader standoff. The most immediate development concerns the Strait of Hormuz, a critical waterway for international energy shipments. Araghchi said negotiations between Iran and Oman over a new arrangement for maritime traffic were in their final stages. He stressed, however, that reaching an agreement with Oman would not automatically mean the strait would be fully reopened. Instead, the proposed arrangement would establish new maritime routes between Iran and Oman. The two countries have previously agreed to work together on future navigation management, shipping services and related arrangements while emphasizing safe passage and their sovereign rights over their territorial waters. The issue has become a major point of contention in wider diplomatic efforts, with Tehran insisting that US actions under the memorandum must be addressed before normal negotiations can resume. For now, the emerging Iran-Oman arrangement could offer a potential pathway for maritime traffic, but significant political hurdles remain. With Tehran maintaining its tough stance toward Washington, the next stage of diplomacy could determine whether the strategic waterway moves toward greater stability or remains at the center of regional tensions.

  • | |

    Nawaz Sharif Cancer Institute nearing completion, …

    Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has said the Nawaz Sharif Institute of Cancer Treatment and Research in Lahore will become a major source of hope for cancer patients. She shared the message on the occasion of World Head and Neck Cancer Day. The day is observed to raise awareness about head and neck cancers and encourage people to identify risk factors and seek medical advice at an early stage. Maryam Nawaz stressed the importance of preventing cancer through healthier lifestyle choices. She said several habits can increase the risk of developing cancer. According to the chief minister, smoking, gutka, paan, alcohol consumption and an unhealthy lifestyle are among the major factors linked to cancer. She urged greater awareness about these risks. She also highlighted the importance of prevention and timely medical care. Maryam Nawaz said the Nawaz Sharif Institute of Cancer Treatment and Research in Lahore is close to completion. The project is expected to strengthen cancer treatment facilities in the province. The institute is intended to provide specialised services to cancer patients. It is also expected to contribute to research and improve access to advanced cancer care. The chief minister said the facility would provide patients with greater hope and support during their treatment journey. Her statement also highlighted the need to focus on both cancer prevention and better treatment facilities. She stressed that public awareness about harmful habits can play an important role in reducing health risks. The completion of the Lahore institute is therefore being presented as an important development for cancer care in Punjab. Its services are expected to support patients who require specialised treatment and help strengthen the province’s healthcare infrastructure.

  • EV Station PluZ Introduces Idle Fees To Combat Charger Congestion Across Thailand

    BANGKOK, Thailand — EV Station PluZ, the leading electric vehicle charging network in Thailand operated by PTT Oil and Retail Business Public Company Limited (OR), has announced the implementation of a new idle fee policy designed to penalize drivers who leave their vehicles plugged in after their charging sessions have concluded. The strategic measure aims […]

  • | |

    Malaysian PM Anwar Ibrahim undergoes medical proce…

    KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim is undergoing medical examinations and procedures, with his aide saying he is expected to remain under observation for two days. Anwar’s Press Secretary Tunku Nashrul Abaidah confirmed the development on Monday but did not disclose details about the nature of the medical procedures or the condition that prompted them. In a statement, the aide said Anwar was undergoing examinations and procedures arranged by a team of medical experts. The statement also appealed for prayers for the premier’s health and expressed hope that he would be able to return to his regular duties soon. “Let us pray … that he is blessed with long-lasting health so that he can return to his usual duties in the near future,” the statement said. The news prompted a message of support from Pakistan, with Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif wishing his Malaysian counterpart a swift recovery. “Wishing my dear brother, Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim, a swift and smooth recovery during his medical procedures,” Shehbaz wrote in a post on X. He added that the people of Pakistan were joining him in praying for Anwar’s continued good health and well-being, reflecting the close ties between the two countries. Anwar, who turned 79 on Monday, has served as Malaysia’s prime minister since 2022. His current medical observation has drawn attention partly because of previous health issues involving his back and shoulder. The Malaysian leader was hospitalised in 2018 after experiencing shoulder and back pain. More recently, he cancelled a planned visit to Pahang state in November last year because of back discomfort. Despite those previous problems, Anwar received a clean bill of health following a routine medical examination in January, according to a statement from the hospital where the check-up was conducted. The latest announcement has not indicated that Anwar is facing any serious health condition. Officials have also not provided details about when he is expected to leave medical care or resume his full schedule. For now, the Malaysian government and Anwar’s supporters are awaiting further updates from his medical team. His aide’s statement sought to reassure the public while asking for prayers as the veteran politician undergoes the procedures. Anwar’s health is closely watched as he continues to lead Malaysia through a period of economic and political challenges, making his expected return to official duties a matter of considerable public interest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *