pcb unveils squads
|

PCB unveils squads and schedule for Champions Cup

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced the squads and schedule for the National Champions Cup 2026, with the tournament set to launch Pakistan’s 2026-27 domestic cricket season in Multan next month.

The seven-match 50-over List A competition will be played from August 11 to 18 at Multan Cricket Stadium. All matches will be day-night fixtures and are scheduled to begin at 3pm local time.

Four teams — Pakistan Greens, Pakistan Whites, Pakistan Blues and Pakistan Gold — will compete in the tournament. The teams will play each other once in a single round-robin format, with the top two sides advancing to the final on August 18.

The PCB has also announced fixed playing XIs for all four teams. Reserve players will only be allowed to enter the playing XI in case of injury or concussion. The reserves will remain with their respective squads during training and match days.

The tournament will feature several prominent Pakistan players in leadership roles. Shadab Khan will captain Pakistan Greens, Saim Ayub will lead Pakistan Whites, Sahibzada Farhan will captain Pakistan Blues, while Shaheen Shah Afridi will lead Pakistan Gold.

Pakistan Greens include experienced names such as Fakhar Zaman, Faheem Ashraf, Naseem Shah and Mohammad Hasnain alongside emerging players.

Saim Ayub’s Pakistan Whites feature Haris Rauf, Khushdil Shah and Mohammad Wasim Jr, while Sahibzada Farhan’s Pakistan Blues include Abdullah Shafique, Hasan Ali, Arafat Minhas and Hussain Talat.

Shaheen Shah Afridi’s Pakistan Gold side includes Haider Ali, Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Nawaz and Faisal Akram.

The PCB has selected a 44-player squad and reserve pool as part of its preparations for the 2027 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup. The domestic tournament is expected to provide selectors with an opportunity to assess players and identify emerging talent ahead of the global event.

The reserve pool includes batters Tayyab Tahir, Mohammad Suleman, Mohammad Faiq and Muhammad Irfan Khan. All-rounders Mubasir Khan and Danish Aziz are also included, along with pacers such as Arshad Iqbal, Shahnawaz Dahani and Mohammad Amir Khan. Haseebullah has been named as the reserve wicketkeeper.

The tournament will begin on August 11 with Pakistan Greens facing Pakistan Whites. Pakistan Blues will meet Pakistan Gold on August 12, followed by Blues against Whites on August 13. Gold will take on Greens on August 14, while Blues and Greens will meet on August 15. Gold will face Whites on August 16.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Preity Zinta faces backlash over post on Delhi student protest

    Bollywood actor Preity Zinta has come under heavy criticism on social media after commenting on the ongoing student protest at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi, organised by the Cockroach Janta Party. The actor shared her views on X, saying that while it is important to stand with students and support educational reforms that can positively shape the future of young people, it is equally important to ensure that peaceful demonstrations are not taken over by individuals or groups seeking to create unrest or change the purpose of the movement. In her post, Zinta questioned whether hostile elements, both within and outside the country, were attempting to exploit the anger and frustration of students. She said the amount of hostility visible on social media had made her wonder if such groups had already begun using the students’ concerns for their own agendas. She further stated that she has always believed in hard work and equality, adding that these values should never be compromised. Zinta also expressed confidence in India’s democratic system and said she hoped both sides would engage in meaningful dialogue to resolve the issue. According to her, constructive discussions could help defeat divisive agendas while ensuring a brighter future for both the country’s youth and its democracy. Her remarks quickly gained widespread attention online, with the post spreading rapidly across social media platforms. However, instead of receiving broad support, the actor found herself at the centre of intense criticism from many users who questioned both the timing and the content of her statement. Several social media users alleged that Zinta’s comments appeared to reflect the government’s narrative rather than an independent opinion. Some accused her of sharing what they described as a “scripted” message, claiming it echoed official talking points instead of addressing the concerns raised by protesting students. Others questioned why several celebrities, who had previously remained silent on public issues, were now speaking about the student movement. Critics argued that public figures should express their own genuine views instead of appearing to defend any political position. Some users also suggested that celebrities should either speak independently on matters of public concern or choose to remain silent, rather than posting statements that they believe are intended to influence public perception. These reactions led to heated discussions across X and other social media platforms, where supporters and critics debated the actor’s remarks. Despite the criticism, many users also defended Zinta’s right to express her personal opinion, arguing that public figures should be free to comment on national issues without facing personal attacks. The debate highlighted the growing divide on social media over the ongoing student protests and the role celebrities play in shaping public conversations. As online reactions continue to pour in, Zinta has not issued any further clarification regarding her post. The discussion surrounding her remarks remains active, with thousands of users continuing to share differing opinions on the controversy and the wider debate over the student movement in New Delhi.

  • |

    Communal violence kills three in Nepal

    Nepal’s Prime Minister Balendra Shah has appealed for peace and restraint after deadly clashes between Hindu and Muslim communities in the country’s southern region left three people dead and prompted authorities to impose curfews in several districts. In his first major national address since taking office in March, Shah urged citizens to remain calm and reject violence, calling on political leaders, religious groups, civil society and the media to work together to preserve national unity. “I appeal to everyone to exercise patience and help restore peace, harmony and brotherhood,” the prime minister said, while assuring the public that the government would conduct a fair and transparent investigation into the violence. The unrest began earlier this week in Sunsari district near the Indian border after a dispute reportedly erupted during a Hindu religious procession. The disagreement centered on loud music and the display of religious flags, which escalated into violent clashes between members of the Hindu and Muslim communities. Police intervened to disperse the crowds and opened fire during the confrontation. Two people were killed in the initial violence, according to officials. A third person later died during a protest in the neighbouring Siraha district despite a curfew being in force. Following the violence, authorities imposed strict curfews in Sunsari and nearby districts to prevent further unrest. Security forces have been deployed across the affected areas, while police remain on high alert to protect public property and maintain law and order. Police officials said security personnel are attempting to restore normalcy while using the minimum level of force necessary to prevent additional clashes. Authorities also warned against the spread of misinformation that could further inflame tensions. The government has pledged to identify those responsible for the violence and bring them before the courts. Officials said the investigation would be conducted impartially and that anyone found involved in the unrest would face legal action.

  • | |

    Zayn Malik posts after Gigi-Cooper wedding speculation

    Singer Zayn Malik has shared a new message on social media following renewed speculation surrounding his former partner, Gigi Hadid, and her relationship with Hollywood actor Bradley Cooper. The former One Direction star returned to Instagram after several weeks of silence to celebrate the 11th anniversary of his fan community, known as the “Zquad.” Alongside a selfie, Zayn thanked his supporters for their loyalty and wrote, “Love you all!” His post marked his first social media update since mid-July. Although the singer did not mention Hadid or Cooper, the timing of the post drew attention as reports continue to circulate about the couple’s relationship. Marriage rumours surrounding Gigi Hadid and Bradley Cooper gained momentum after the pair were photographed together in Paris wearing rings on their left hands. The images quickly fuelled speculation on social media that the couple may have secretly tied the knot. The latest appearance was also their first public outing since attending the wedding celebrations of Taylor Swift and NFL star Travis Kelce last month. Hadid and Cooper have reportedly been in a relationship since 2023, but neither has publicly addressed the ongoing marriage rumours. Before dating Cooper, Gigi Hadid was in a long-term relationship with Zayn Malik. The former couple dated for nearly six years and welcomed their daughter, Khai, in September 2020. Their relationship ended following reports of family tensions involving Hadid’s mother, Yolanda Hadid. Despite their separation, Zayn and Gigi have continued to co-parent their daughter.

  • |

    Pakistan’s Nasir Iqbal reaches International Squash final

    KARACHI: Pakistan’s Nasir Iqbal delivered a commanding performance to secure a place in the final of the PN Fleet Club Open International Squash Championship, keeping the country’s title hopes alive with a convincing straight-games victory in the semi-finals. Competing at the Pakistan Navy Roshan Khan-Jahangir Khan Squash Complex, Nasir outclassed Egypt’s Yase Al Shafe in an impressive display that lasted just 24 minutes. The Pakistani star dominated throughout the contest, winning 11-5, 11-7 and 11-5 to book his spot in Tuesday’s final. Nasir looked in complete control from the opening game, combining aggressive shot-making with precise movement around the court. His clinical performance left his Egyptian opponent with little opportunity to recover, underlining the form that has made him one of Pakistan’s standout performers in the tournament. The victory has raised hopes of another international title for Pakistan, with Nasir now just one win away from lifting the prestigious trophy. In the other semi-final, Pakistan’s Asim Khan saw his campaign come to an end after suffering a 3-1 defeat against Egypt’s Salman Khalil. Despite a determined effort, Asim was unable to overcome the Egyptian player, who advanced to set up a final showdown with Nasir Iqbal. The championship, organized by the Sindh Squash Association, has attracted top international players and carries a prize purse of $41,000, making it one of the region’s significant squash events. The final is scheduled to be played on Tuesday at 4:00 pm, where Nasir will aim to cap his outstanding run with the championship title. His impressive form throughout the tournament has generated excitement among Pakistani squash fans, who are hoping to see another memorable triumph on home soil. With confidence high and momentum firmly on his side, Nasir Iqbal now stands on the brink of adding another major international achievement to Pakistan’s rich squash legacy.

  • | |

    DSP among three killed in Balochistan attacks

    Three people, including a deputy superintendent of police (DSP), were martyred in separate attacks across Balochistan, officials said. The incidents were reported in Barkhan, Kech and Chagai districts. A truck driver was also injured during one of the attacks. Six labourers were abducted in Kech. Meanwhile, five trailers and two gas bowsers were set on fire in Chagai. In Barkhan, DSP Rakhni Murid Bugti was killed when armed men opened fire on his police vehicle. The incident occurred near Khatta Chowki on Tuesday evening. The DSP was reportedly patrolling the area when the attackers targeted his vehicle. Police, Frontier Corps (FC), Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) personnel and other security forces reached the area after the attack. The security personnel launched a search operation to trace the attackers. Authorities also increased security around the area. Another deadly incident occurred near Kalatak in Turbat, the district headquarters of Kech. According to officials, armed men stopped a vehicle carrying seven labourers on Monday night. The attackers opened fire on the vehicle. Javed Khan, a resident of Swabi district in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, was killed in the attack. The attackers then abducted the other six labourers. Four of those abducted belong to Punjab, while two are from Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa. A passer-by was also caught in the crossfire. Abdul Razzaq, a resident of Solband, was killed in the incident. Police and security agencies launched a search operation after receiving information about the abduction. Efforts were underway to locate and recover the missing labourers. In another incident, armed men blocked the N-40 highway in Chagai during the same night. The highway connects Quetta with Taftan and is an important route in the region. The attackers reportedly blocked the road at Padag. They also opened fire outside a roadside hotel. The assailants later set five trailers and two gas bowsers on fire. A truck driver sustained injuries during the firing. Law enforcement personnel reached the area soon after the attack. Police and other security agencies launched a search operation to locate those responsible. Investigators also cordoned off the affected area and began collecting evidence.

  • | |

    JUI-F cleric shot dead in Waziristan

    A religious scholar affiliated with Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) was shot dead by unidentified attackers in the Azam Warsak area of Birmal tehsil in Lower South Waziristan, police said on Saturday. The deceased was identified as Maulana Muhammad Ismail. According to police, the attack took place shortly after Friday prayers when unidentified gunmen riding a motorcycle opened fire on the cleric. He sustained multiple gunshot wounds and died at the scene before he could receive medical assistance. The attackers fled immediately after carrying out the shooting. Police launched a search operation in the area, but no arrests have been made so far. District Police Officer (DPO) Muhammad Tahir confirmed the incident and said an initial case has been registered. He added that investigators are examining all possible motives behind the attack and collecting evidence to identify those responsible. According to local officials and tribal elders, Maulana Muhammad Ismail was a resident of Kazha Panga and served as a teacher at a religious seminary in the area. He was known for his religious services and educational work in the community. Following the incident, law enforcement personnel reached the crime scene and shifted the body for legal formalities. Security was also tightened in nearby areas as authorities began efforts to trace the attackers. Police said no group has claimed responsibility for the killing. Investigators are questioning witnesses and reviewing available information to determine whether the attack was linked to personal enmity, militancy or any other motive. The killing has once again highlighted security concerns in parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, where religious and political figures have occasionally been targeted in violent attacks. Earlier this year, former JUI-F provincial lawmaker Maulana Muhammad Idrees was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Charsadda. In a separate incident in January, JUI-F leader Maulana Sultan Muhammad Wazir succumbed to injuries after being critically wounded in a bomb blast near a religious seminary in Wana Bazaar, South Waziristan.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *