ronaldo georginas first
|

Ronaldo and Georgina’s first wedding photo goes viral

LISBON: Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodriguez have given fans an intimate glimpse into their long-awaited wedding, with the first photograph from their private ceremony quickly attracting attention online.

The Portuguese football superstar and his longtime partner reportedly tied the knot on Aug 11 in a civil ceremony at their home in Cascais, Portugal. Rather than organising a lavish celebrity wedding, the couple chose a quiet family gathering surrounded by their five children and a small circle of loved ones.

Inside Ronaldo and Georgina’s intimate living room wedding and family-first vows

The setting was reportedly their living room, adding an unusually personal touch to an event that could easily have become one of the world’s most extravagant celebrity weddings.

A meaningful Gucci choice

Ronaldo and Georgina also made a fashion statement with their wedding outfits, both choosing the luxury Italian brand Gucci.

Georgina opted for an elegant white silk skirt suit instead of a traditional bridal gown, while Ronaldo wore a light khaki-coloured suit. Their children were dressed in soft, coordinated shades, giving the family portrait a simple yet polished appearance.

The Gucci connection carries special meaning for the couple. Ronaldo and Georgina first met in 2016 at a Gucci store in Madrid, where Georgina was working as a sales assistant.

What began as an encounter at a fashion store eventually developed into one of the most closely followed relationships in international sport and entertainment.

Why the couple chose simplicity

Despite their glamorous lifestyle, Georgina has previously spoken about wanting a more personal family celebration rather than an elaborate wedding.

She explained that as a child she had imagined a grand wedding involving a palace, a large procession and a long bridal dress. Her priorities changed over time, however, and she came to value a quiet celebration with her partner and children more than luxury or spectacle.

The intimate ceremony appears to have reflected that wish, keeping the focus firmly on family.

Is Ronaldo nearing retirement?

The wedding news also coincides with renewed attention surrounding Ronaldo’s football future.

At 41, the five-time Ballon d’Or winner has indicated that the 2026-27 season could potentially be the final campaign of his remarkable career. Ronaldo has said he wants to leave football with a strong legacy, although he has not formally announced his retirement.

For now, however, the football icon appears to be celebrating a new chapter away from the pitch — with Georgina and their family at the centre of it.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Katy Perry condemns White House’s use of Firework

    Katy Perry has criticised the White House after it used her 2010 hit Firework in a social media video featuring footage of US military strikes during the Trump administration. The singer said she neither approved nor supported the use of her music, arguing that it completely contradicted the song’s original message of hope, healing and empowerment. The controversy began after the White House’s official TikTok account shared a video showing military strikes, accompanied by Firework and the caption, “Iran has been warned.” The footage quickly spread online, prompting criticism from fans and eventually drawing a public response from Perry herself. Responding on social media, Perry wrote, “I am deeply appalled and angry to see ‘Firework’ used on the White House TikTok account as a backing track for video footage of military strikes.” She added, “I did not approve this, I was not asked, and I absolutely do not condone it.” The singer explained that Firework was created as an anthem of hope, resilience and inner strength—not as a soundtrack for scenes of war. She described the video’s use of the song as “a complete violation” of everything the track represents and said its uplifting message had been distorted into something that celebrated violence rather than humanity. Perry’s statement quickly gained widespread support from fans and fellow artists, many of whom praised her for speaking out. Social media users argued that musicians should have greater control over how their work is used, particularly when it becomes associated with political messaging or military action. The incident is the latest in a series of disputes involving artists objecting to the use of their music by the Trump administration or the White House without permission. In recent months, musicians including Ariana Grande, Celine Dion, Kesha, Sabrina Carpenter and others have publicly criticised the unauthorised use of their songs in government videos and political content. The White House has not indicated that it sought Perry’s permission before using the song. The debate has reignited broader discussions about copyright, artistic consent and whether music intended to inspire hope should be repurposed to accompany images of armed conflict. Perry’s response has since gone viral, with many fans saying the meaning behind Firework should be respected rather than used to promote messages the artist does not support.

  • | | |

    Cabinet clears Rs1.8bn bureaucrats’ allowanc…

    The federal cabinet has approved a new Rs1.8 billion special allowance for senior bureaucrats despite continuing austerity measures and limiting the salary increase for government employees to 7% in the 2026-27 federal budget. The decision was taken during the cabinet meeting that approved the federal budget in June. The new benefit is the second special allowance granted to top civil servants in the past four years. It comes at a time when the government is urging public institutions to reduce spending and maintain fiscal discipline. The newly approved incentive has been named the All Pakistan Services Provincial Governments’ Cadre Posts’ Parity Allowance. It will be effective from July 1, 2026. The approved allocation of Rs1.8 billion indicates that the allowance could be close to 100% of an officer’s basic salary, although the government has yet to announce the final rate and eligibility criteria. Officials have not publicly explained why the allowance was introduced or whether any formal study was conducted before approving it. Government departments also did not clarify the exact structure of the benefit. According to officials familiar with the matter, the allowance is intended to reduce differences in salaries and benefits between officers serving in the federal government and those working in provincial governments. Authorities believe many senior officers prefer provincial postings because they receive better financial incentives and additional privileges. The government also wants to encourage members of the Pakistan Administrative Service and the Police Service of Pakistan to continue serving in federal institutions by offering competitive compensation. However, the decision has drawn criticism from observers who argue that the move increases inequality within the public sector. While senior bureaucrats continue to receive additional financial benefits, the majority of government employees have received only a modest salary increase despite rising inflation and increasing living costs. Analysts believe the decision could encourage other civil service groups to demand similar allowances, putting additional pressure on the government’s finances and complicating future pay reforms. The cabinet also approved a major revision to the 150% executive allowance introduced in 2022. Instead of calculating the allowance on the 2017 basic pay scale, it will now be based on officers’ current basic salary as of June 30, 2026. This change will substantially increase payments for officers serving in grades 17 to 22 across key federal institutions. At the same meeting, the government extended austerity measures for another fiscal year. The restrictions include a ban on purchasing new vehicles and non-essential equipment, creating new posts, unnecessary foreign visits, and other non-priority expenditures. Government meetings and official events will continue to follow a simple catering policy.

  • | |

    Iran’s parliament backs bill criminalizing c…

    Iran’s parliament approved the general framework of a bill Sunday that would make it a crime to give interviews or engage in other communication with media outlets considered hostile to the Islamic Republic, including American or Israeli outlets and any media funded by either country, according to Iran’s Shargh newspaper. Osman Salari, a member of parliament’s judicial and legal commission, said individual provisions within the bill, which aims to counter what officials describe as foreign intelligence influence, still require separate debate and approval. He told the Mizan news agency that details reported so far about the bill should not be treated as final. Under the proposed legislation, interviews or participation in discussions with media deemed hostile would be banned outright, with violations carrying prison terms ranging from six months to two years. Interviews with other foreign media outlets would require advance notification to the intelligence ministry, while any contact with foreign embassies, offices of foreign organizations or other non Iranian institutions, conducted without notification and written permission from the foreign ministry, would draw fines and the loss of certain social rights. The bill would also increase penalties for economic crimes carried out under the direction or supervision of foreign actors, prohibit sharing information with foreigners without intelligence ministry approval, and limit scientific cooperation with foreign institutions to those on an approved list. It would further criminalize policy or legislative proposals made under the direction of foreign intelligence services if such proposals are found to harm Iran’s security or independence, with penalties reaching up to 30 years in prison. Cases brought under this provision would fall under the jurisdiction of Iran’s Revolutionary Courts. Parliament will now review the bill article by article. Once lawmakers approve a final text, the legislation must still pass review by the Guardian Council before it can take effect as law. This is not the first time Iran has moved to criminalize cooperation with foreign entities. A law passed in 2025, following a 12 day war with Israel, introduced harsher penalties for alleged cooperation with hostile states. Earlier this month, Iranian photojournalist Yalda Moaiery was sentenced to 15 years in prison under that law over accusations that included giving interviews to media considered hostile and supplying photographs to organizations linked to the United States and Israel.

  • | | |

    FBR starts fiscal year strong with rs810 billion t…

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) kicked off the new fiscal year on a positive note by surpassing its July tax collection target, although a shortfall in income tax receipts and the government’s decision to reject a key enforcement proposal highlighted the challenges that lie ahead. According to provisional figures, the FBR collected Rs810 billion in July, exceeding its monthly target by Rs30 billion. The collection also marked a 7% increase compared to Rs757 billion collected during the same month last year. The strong performance was largely driven by robust sales tax collections, which reached Rs358 billion, surpassing the target by Rs53 billion and recording an 18% year-on-year increase. A significant 78% of total sales tax, amounting to Rs275 billion, was collected at the import stage, where tax compliance is generally higher. However, income tax collection remained below expectations. The FBR collected more than Rs300 billion in income tax, falling Rs23 billion short of the target. Analysts attributed the shortfall to advance tax collections made in June to meet last fiscal year’s revised revenue goals, along with reduced withholding tax rates for salaried individuals and property transactions introduced in the latest federal budget. Meanwhile, customs duty collection stood at Rs105 billion, matching the target, while federal excise duty generated Rs48 billion, slightly exceeding expectations. The July performance marks the beginning of a crucial fiscal year in which the government has committed to collecting Rs15.263 trillion in taxes under an agreement with the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Meeting the annual target is considered essential for securing future IMF loan disbursements and creating fiscal space for development, defence and water resource projects. The FBR also reported encouraging progress in tax compliance, receiving around 227,000 income tax returns during July after updated tax return forms became available. Additionally, the authority issued Rs98 billion in tax refunds, approximately Rs13 billion more than in the same period last year. Despite the positive revenue performance, the federal cabinet declined an FBR proposal to activate restrictions on high-value purchases by individuals with insufficient declared assets. Had the proposal been approved, it would have limited the purchase of luxury vehicles, expensive properties, large stock investments and major cash withdrawals by non-compliant taxpayers. Economic observers say the government’s ability to sustain monthly revenue growth will be closely watched, as consistent tax collection remains critical to maintaining fiscal stability and meeting commitments under Pakistan’s economic reform programme.

  • | |

    Bilawal calls AJK polls ‘bloody elections&#8…

    Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has strongly criticised the recent Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Legislative Assembly elections, describing them as “bloody” and “rigged” while vowing to continue the party’s political and legal battle over the results. In a statement, Bilawal alleged that the elections were neither free nor fair. He claimed the polls were marred by rigging and violence, calling them “bullet elections,” “killer elections,” and “bloody elections.” Despite his criticism of the electoral process, Bilawal thanked PPP supporters for their backing, saying voters had enabled the party to secure victory on nine seats. He further alleged that several seats in Mirpur and Muzaffarabad had been “stolen” from the PPP and pledged to pursue all constitutional and legal avenues to reclaim what he described as the party’s rightful mandate. Bilawal said the PPP would not be discouraged by the election outcome and reaffirmed the party’s commitment to continuing its political struggle. “The Pakistan Peoples Party does not lose courage, does not retreat, and does not abandon the political field,” he said. The PPP chairman also announced that he would address a public gathering in Bagh district as part of the party’s ongoing election campaign. Inviting supporters from the Poonch region, Bilawal said he would visit the area on August 10 and urged party workers and supporters to prepare for the rally. His remarks come amid continuing political tensions following the AJK elections, with the PPP maintaining that it will challenge the disputed results through legal and constitutional channels.

  • | |

    Ex-army chief Qamar Bajwa undergoes Dubai check-up

    Former Chief of Army Staff General (retd) Qamar Javed Bajwa has been shifted to the United Arab Emirates for further medical examination and treatment. Family sources said Bajwa is currently in the UAE. He travelled abroad after completing his initial treatment in Pakistan. The former army chief was examined by a team of specialist doctors in Dubai. The doctors carried out a detailed medical check-up. According to family sources, Bajwa’s condition has improved considerably after the medical examination. However, the results of some important medical tests are still awaited. Doctors will review the remaining reports before giving their final recommendations. His further treatment and return to Pakistan will depend on the doctors’ advice. Family sources said Bajwa will stay in the UAE for a few days. He will remain with his son during his stay in the country. A final decision about his return to Pakistan will be taken after the doctors review all his medical reports. His family is also awaiting the doctors’ further instructions. Bajwa had suffered serious injuries around four and a half months ago. He reportedly slipped and fell at his residence. The accident caused injuries to his head and back. He was immediately shifted to Combined Military Hospital (CMH) Rawalpindi for treatment. The former army chief remained admitted to the hospital for around three weeks. He received treatment under the supervision of military doctors. At the time, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) officially confirmed that Bajwa had been injured after falling at his residence. The military’s media wing said he was receiving treatment at CMH Rawalpindi. His condition was monitored by doctors during his stay at the hospital. After completing his initial treatment in Pakistan, Bajwa later travelled to the UAE for further medical assessment. His current stay in the UAE is expected to continue until doctors complete their assessment. The results of the pending tests will help determine the next course of treatment. Family sources have not provided a specific date for his return to Pakistan. They said the decision will be made after consultation with doctors. General (retd) Qamar Javed Bajwa served as Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff from November 2016 to November 2022. He retired from the position after completing his tenure in November 2022.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *