two terrorists killed
| |

Two terrorists killed in Balochistan operation

Security forces have killed two terrorists and wounded three others during an intelligence-based operation in Killi Zaik, Balochistan, according to security sources.

The operation was launched after intelligence reports indicated the presence of suspected terrorists in the area. Security personnel moved in on the reported hideout and conducted a targeted operation.

Two terrorists were killed during the operation, while three others sustained injuries. Security forces also recovered ammunition, hand grenades and materials believed to have been used for preparing improvised explosive devices (IEDs).

Officials said security operations against militant groups in Balochistan are continuing as part of ongoing efforts to prevent terrorist attacks and dismantle militant networks operating in the province.

The latest operation comes amid an increase in security activity across Balochistan. In recent days, security forces have conducted several intelligence-based operations in different districts of the province.

On Sunday, seven terrorists were killed during an intelligence-based operation in the Lajay area of Kharan. The previous day, 10 terrorists were killed and several others were injured during an operation in the Shor Pard area of Khuzdar district.

Earlier, 18 terrorists were reported killed in operations in Surab district. Eight of them were killed after an explosive device detonated prematurely, according to security officials.

Security forces have also carried out operations in Panjgur, where five terrorists, including a key militant commander, were killed in the Sarkini and Chedgi areas.

The intensified security operations come as Balochistan continues to face serious security challenges. The province has witnessed a rise in militant activity and casualties in recent months.

A recent security assessment by the Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies showed a sharp deterioration in the security situation in Balochistan during July.

According to the assessment, deaths linked to violence in the province increased from 109 in June to 372 in July. The number of security personnel killed also rose significantly, from six in June to 62 in July.

The report further recorded an increase in militant deaths, with 238 terrorists reportedly killed in July compared with 75 in June. Civilian deaths also rose from 28 to 54 during the same period.

Similar Posts

  • Body of Missing British Tourist Joshua Kershaw Found in Thailand Hotel

    PATTAYA – The body of 21-year-old British tourist Joshua Kershaw was discovered in a hotel room in Thailand on Wednesday, January 21, 2026, days after he was reported missing. Hotel maids found him in the afternoon and alerted police, who attempted resuscitation before his body was taken from the scene. British Tourist Reported Missing in […]

  • | |

    Jaranwala tragedy remains a deep wound, says Punja…

    Punjab Minister for Minority Affairs Sardar Ramesh Singh Arora has said that the painful memories of August 16 are still fresh. He described the Jaranwala tragedy as a deep wound on the hearts of the affected families and communities. In a statement, Arora said the Punjab government stood with all victims of the tragedy. He said Chief Minister Punjab and the provincial government were committed to protecting the rights of religious minorities. Arora said the Punjab government had adopted an effective strategy to ensure the safety of minority communities. He added that security measures had been strengthened to protect people from violence and discrimination. The provincial minister said the protection of religious minorities was a priority for the government. He claimed that the government had taken steps to ensure that such an incident would not happen again. Arora warned that no individual or group would be allowed to take the law into their own hands. He said violations of the rights of religious minorities would not be tolerated. He stressed that every citizen had the right to live in safety and with dignity. He said the government was responsible for protecting the lives and property of all citizens, regardless of their religious background. The minister also said religious minorities in Punjab were being provided with all possible facilities. He said the government was working to address their concerns and improve their overall security. Arora said the Punjab government would continue taking measures to create a peaceful environment for all communities. He added that protection of minorities was essential for maintaining harmony and stability in the province. The minister’s statement came on August 16, the anniversary of the Jaranwala incident. The episode remains a painful memory for the Christian community and has continued to raise concerns about the protection of religious minorities. Arora said the government was determined to learn from the tragedy and prevent similar incidents in the future. He reiterated that no one would be permitted to violate the law or target minority communities.

  • Punjab CNF arrests smuggler with cocaine worth Rs43.2 million

    The Major operation by the Punjab Counter Narcotics Force (CNF) took place in Rawalpindi in which smuggler Shahidullah Khan is arrested. The accused was allegedly involved in smuggling narcotics to Saudi Arabia; he was apprehended with 108 cocaine capsules in a suspicious vehicle at the Fateh Jang-Tarnol Interchange. The vehicle used for smuggling and the cocaine have been seized. The estimated value of the recovered narcotics is PKR 43.2 million. The scope of operations against drug dealers is being expanded. The Punjab CNF has achieved a major success in protecting the youth by foiling the shipment of a large consignment of narcotics. The net is being tightened around drug dealers and their facilitators. Joint efforts will be undertaken. Punjab CNF is committed to curb the menace of drugs collectively with the help of the society.

  • |

    China rejects US sanctions on research institutions

    China has strongly opposed a US decision to place several Chinese research institutions on a sanctions list. Beijing criticised the move on Wednesday. It accused Washington of using national security concerns to restrict scientific and technological cooperation between the two countries. A spokesperson for China’s Ministry of Commerce said Beijing would take necessary steps to protect the legitimate rights and interests of its research institutions. The spokesperson also said China wanted to maintain a stable environment for normal scientific exchanges and cooperation with international partners. Beijing accused the United States of repeatedly expanding the definition of national security. It said Washington had created discriminatory barriers against Chinese institutions. China also criticised what it described as the politicisation and weaponisation of scientific research. According to Beijing, such policies could damage cooperation between researchers and universities in both countries. The Chinese government said the US measures were against the broader global trend of international cooperation in science and technological innovation. Beijing urged Washington to withdraw what it called unjustified accusations against Chinese research institutions. China also called on the United States to correct its policies as soon as possible. It demanded fair, just and non-discriminatory treatment for Chinese research organisations. The dispute comes amid wider tensions between Washington and Beijing over technology, trade and national security. The United States has increasingly tightened restrictions on Chinese access to advanced technologies. Semiconductor manufacturing has become a major area of competition between the two countries. China is also working to expand its domestic semiconductor industry. Beijing aims to reduce its dependence on advanced foreign chips affected by US export restrictions. Last week, the US Department of Defence updated a list of foreign institutions it considers involved in “problematic activities”. The updated list included Chinese defence-related academies and several universities. Shanghai-based Fudan University was also among the institutions added to the list. The latest move is likely to add another point of tension to already strained US-China relations. Beijing has repeatedly opposed US measures targeting Chinese companies, universities and research organisations. Washington, meanwhile, has maintained that its restrictions are linked to national security and technology concerns.

  • |

    Indonesia hit by powerful 7.7 earthquake, Tsunami …

    A powerful 7.7-magnitude earthquake struck off Indonesia’s Flores region early Saturday, August 15, 2026, sending strong tremors across parts of eastern Indonesia and prompting authorities to issue a tsunami warning for vulnerable coastal areas. The earthquake struck at around 5:58am local time, with the epicentre near Nagekeo in East Nusa Tenggara. The relatively shallow quake was followed by several aftershocks, intensifying fears among residents living near the coast. Indonesia’s Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG) issued a tsunami warning shortly after the earthquake and urged people in exposed coastal areas to move to higher ground as a precaution. Minor tsunami waves were subsequently recorded in some locations. The powerful shaking caused damage to buildings and other infrastructure in parts of East Nusa Tenggara. Residents rushed outdoors as buildings shook, while emergency teams began assessing the extent of the destruction. At least several people were reported killed or injured, although casualty figures remained subject to change as rescue teams reached affected areas. In some locations, hospitals moved patients outdoors amid concerns over building safety. The earthquake also triggered evacuations, with thousands of residents moving away from coastal areas after the tsunami alert. Authorities continued monitoring sea levels and aftershocks as emergency operations got underway. The tsunami warning was later lifted after officials found no continuing threat of major waves. Australia’s tsunami warning authorities also said the earthquake posed no tsunami threat to mainland Australia, its islands or territories. Indonesia lies along the seismically active Pacific Ring of Fire, making the country particularly vulnerable to powerful earthquakes and volcanic activity. Authorities have urged residents in affected areas to remain alert, follow official instructions and avoid damaged structures while inspections and rescue operations continue.

  • |

    TikTok star Cesar Gastelum shot dead during livestream in Mexico

    Mexican social media influencer Cesar Gastelum was shot and killed while livestreaming in Culiacan. The city sits in the northwestern state of Sinaloa, a region long troubled by unrest. Gastelum had built a following of nearly 600,000 people on TikTok. He was known mainly for his comedy content and light-hearted videos. At the time of the attack, he was streaming live outside a fast-food restaurant with friends. Footage from the livestream showed two helmeted individuals approaching on a motorcycle. The driver reportedly opened fire directly at Gastelum during the broadcast. The attack unfolded in real time as viewers watched the stream online. A security official in Sinaloa confirmed Gastelum’s death shortly after the incident. Authorities said a major security operation was launched in response. Details about a possible motive have not yet been released publicly. According to Reuters, the killing adds to a pattern of violence in the region. Culiacan, the state capital, has seen ongoing clashes between rival criminal groups. These factions have been fighting for territorial control across the city for some time. Sinaloa has repeatedly made headlines in recent years over organised crime activity. The state is widely associated with one of Mexico’s most powerful drug cartels. Public killings and targeted attacks have periodically disrupted daily life in the region. The incident has drawn comparisons to another high-profile case from last year. In May 2025, Mexican beauty influencer Valeria Marquez was killed in a similar way. She was shot while livestreaming from a salon in Zapopan, Jalisco. Marquez, who was 23 at the time, was killed after a man entered the salon. Prosecutors said he opened fire before fleeing the scene afterward. Her case was later investigated using femicide protocols by local authorities. Both cases have renewed concern over the safety risks facing content creators in Mexico. Livestreaming has increasingly placed influencers in vulnerable, exposed situations during public appearances. Digital rights groups have previously called for stronger protections for online creators. Authorities have not indicated whether the two cases are connected in any way. Investigations into Gastelum’s death remain ongoing as officials gather further information. No arrests have been announced at this time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *