moscow restaurant bomb
|

Moscow restaurant bomb blast kills three, injures …

MOSCOW: A powerful explosion caused by a homemade bomb killed three people and injured at least 21 others outside an upscale restaurant in central Moscow on Saturday evening, prompting a major security operation and a high-level investigation by Russian authorities.

According to Russia’s Anti-Terrorism Committee, the blast occurred shortly before 8pm local time near the Balzi Rossi Italian restaurant, located in one of Moscow’s iconic Stalin-era skyscrapers at Kudrinskaya Square.

Officials said an unidentified woman carrying the explosive device attempted to enter the restaurant but was stopped by a security guard. Moments later, the bomb detonated, killing the woman, the security guard and a restaurant customer.

Police said the injured suffered wounds of varying severity and were rushed to nearby hospitals, while emergency responders secured the area and searched for further threats.

Video released by Russia’s state news agency RIA showed heavily armed security personnel and emergency crews surrounding the blast site, which was immediately sealed off as investigators gathered evidence.

Authorities have not disclosed the identities of the victims or indicated who may have been behind the attack. Investigators are examining multiple possibilities as the probe continues.

The incident comes amid heightened security concerns in Russia, more than four years after the escalation of the war in Ukraine. Earlier this year, Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) announced enhanced protection measures for senior military officials following a series of assassinations and attempted attacks that Moscow blamed on Kyiv.

Meanwhile, Russian newspaper Kommersant, citing unnamed sources, reported that investigators suspect the explosive device may have been intended to target guests gathered on the restaurant’s outdoor summer terrace. The report also suggested the bomb could have been detonated remotely, raising the possibility that the woman carrying it may not have known she was transporting an explosive.

The restaurant’s official website stated that it had been closed to the public on Saturday due to a private event, adding another layer of mystery to the incident.

As forensic teams continue examining the scene, authorities have urged the public to avoid speculation while the investigation remains underway. The blast has once again highlighted ongoing security challenges in the Russian capital and raised fresh concerns about public safety in crowded urban areas.

Similar Posts

  • Bank of Thailand to Limit Online Gold Trading to Ease Baht Pressure

    BANGKOK – The Bank of Thailand will impose a limit on online gold trading by January 29 in an effort to reduce upward pressure on the baht, Governor Vitai Ratanakorn announced on Wednesday. The baht has appreciated 1.2% against the U.S. dollar this year following a 9% rise in 2025, raising concerns over export and […]

  • | |

    New details emerge about Kelly Osbourne and Sid Wi…

    Kelly Osbourne and Sid Wilson have reportedly ended their engagement after months of relationship challenges, bringing an end to a romance that had captured the attention of fans following their surprise engagement in 2025. According to a new report from People magazine, the television personality, 41, and the Slipknot DJ, 49, recently decided to go their separate ways after experiencing ongoing difficulties in their relationship. An insider claimed the pair had been struggling for several months before reaching the decision to end their engagement.  The couple first began dating in early 2022 after being friends for more than two decades. They welcomed their son, Sidney, later that year and announced their engagement in July 2025 during Ozzy Osbourne’s final Black Sabbath concert in Birmingham. At the time, the proposal was celebrated by family members and fans, making the reported breakup all the more surprising.  A source close to the situation told People that Osbourne “is not happy” and no longer wants unnecessary drama in her life. The insider added that she is currently prioritizing peace, focusing on raising her son, and supporting her mother, Sharon Osbourne, following the death of her father, rock legend Ozzy Osbourne, in July 2025.  In recent days, Osbourne also shared a series of emotional Instagram Stories that appeared to reference the breakup. While she did not mention Wilson by name, she spoke about protecting her son, moving forward with her life, and asked for the return of personal belongings and pets. She also appeared to reference child support, fueling further speculation about the state of their relationship. Neither Osbourne nor Wilson has publicly commented directly on the reported split.  The breakup comes during an especially emotional period for Osbourne. In addition to grieving the loss of her father, she has largely stepped away from the spotlight to focus on her family and personal well-being. Sources say the combination of grief, changing priorities, and ongoing relationship issues placed significant strain on the engagement over the past several months.  Meanwhile, Wilson has also faced professional uncertainty after reports claimed he was removed from Slipknot, although neither the band nor the musician has officially confirmed those reports. The timing has only added to speculation surrounding the former couple’s recent challenges.  Although the engagement appears to be over, both Osbourne and Wilson remain devoted parents to their young son. For now, those close to the family say Osbourne’s focus is on creating a stable environment for Sidney while taking time to heal from a series of personal hardships. While neither star has issued an official statement about the breakup, the latest reports suggest that after months of trying to make the relationship work, Kelly Osbourne and Sid Wilson have chosen separate paths as they begin a new chapter in their lives. 

  • | |

    Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Türkiye form military pow…

    According to the Global Firepower Index, the combined military capabilities of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye have become more significant following the signing of a mutual defence agreement between the three countries. The assessment describes the agreement as more than a conventional defence arrangement, saying it represents an effort to bring the military capabilities of three major regional powers into a coordinated defence partnership. Together, the three countries have approximately 1.4 million active military personnel, around 3,415 military aircraft, 6,046 tanks and 344 naval assets, according to the assessment. Pakistan plays a major role in the partnership, with around 660,000 active military personnel and a nuclear capability that significantly strengthens the combined strategic deterrence of the three countries. Türkiye contributes a strong defence industry and advanced military capabilities. It has around 192 naval assets and substantial expertise in drones, missiles, sensors and electronic warfare. Saudi Arabia, meanwhile, provides the largest financial contribution to the partnership. Its annual defence budget is estimated at around $63.9 billion. The kingdom’s strategic geographical position also gives it considerable importance within the proposed defence partnership. The combined annual defence spending of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye is estimated at approximately $124.4 billion. The figures indicate that the three countries collectively possess substantial manpower, air power, land forces and naval capabilities. Their combined resources could provide the partnership with greater strategic weight in regional security matters. The assessment also highlights the different strengths each country could bring to the alliance. Pakistan contributes significant manpower and nuclear deterrence, Türkiye offers defence technology and military-industrial capabilities, while Saudi Arabia provides substantial financial resources and strategic geographic importance. Together, these capabilities could create a broader and more diversified defence partnership among the three countries.

  • |

    45,000 attend arbaeen procession in Dearborn

    More than 45,000 mourners gathered in Dearborn, Michigan, for a major procession marking Arbaeen, the 40th day of mourning following the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (RA) and his companions at the Battle of Karbala. The large gathering brought together members of the Shia Muslim community from Dearborn and other parts of Michigan, with participants filling the city’s streets to pay tribute to Imam Hussain (RA) and remember the sacrifices made at Karbala. During the procession, mourners recited elegies and took part in traditional mourning rituals, expressing grief and devotion while commemorating the events of Karbala. The gathering also served as an opportunity for participants to reflect on the values associated with Imam Hussain (RA), including justice, courage, sacrifice, and standing against oppression. The procession featured a strong display of religious devotion as thousands of participants marched through the streets in an atmosphere of mourning and remembrance. Families and community members joined the event, making it a significant religious gathering for the local Muslim population. Organizers described the event as the largest Arbaeen gathering of its kind in the history of the United States. They said the growing number of participants demonstrates the increasing scale of the annual commemoration and the strong connection of the community with the religious and historical significance of Karbala. The turnout also marked a notable increase compared with last year’s event. Around 40,000 people reportedly attended the Arbaeen procession in Dearborn in the previous year, while this year’s gathering attracted more than 45,000 participants. Arbaeen holds deep religious importance for Shia Muslims worldwide. It marks the completion of 40 days of mourning for Imam Hussain (RA), who was martyred alongside members of his family and companions at Karbala in 680 AD. Millions of people participate in Arbaeen commemorations across different countries, with the annual pilgrimage in Iraq drawing one of the world’s largest religious gatherings. The Dearborn procession has become an important annual event for the city’s Shia Muslim community, allowing participants to come together to remember the tragedy of Karbala and honor the legacy of Imam Hussain (RA).

  • Thailand Releases 18 Cambodian Soldiers Held Since July

    BANGKOK – Thailand on Wednesday released 18 Cambodian soldiers who had been detained since July, fulfilling a key condition of the ceasefire agreement signed over the weekend. The handover took place at 10 a.m. at the Ban Phak Khat permanent border checkpoint in Chanthaburi province, which remains closed to the general public. Thai Army Detains […]

  • | |

    Dubai’s viral robot Bu Snaidah ‘marries’ fel…

    Dubai: Dubai’s popular humanoid robot, Bu Snaidah, has sparked widespread attention after announcing its “marriage” to another robot named Moza in a series of social media posts. Photos from the mock wedding ceremony were shared on Bu Snaidah’s official social media accounts, leaving many users amused and curious. However, the announcement was part of a creative social media campaign and did not represent a real legal or religious marriage. Developed by SS Lootah Group, Bu Snaidah is based on the Unitree G1 humanoid robot, a platform originally designed for research and educational purposes. The robot has become an online sensation in the UAE through videos showcasing Emirati traditions, cultural events, and public appearances. The lighthearted wedding campaign has further boosted Bu Snaidah’s popularity, with social media users praising the creative content and the innovative use of robotics to engage audiences.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *