pakistan 8216not hard
| | |

Pakistan ‘not a hard state’, says DG I…

Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry, Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), said on Friday that Pakistan cannot yet be described as a “hard state,” stressing that the country’s laws must apply equally to all citizens without discrimination or elitism.

Speaking at a press conference focused on the security situation in Balochistan, the military spokesperson said the briefing aimed to address concerns about the province and explain the broader national security landscape.

He clarified that the term “hard state” does not refer to military rule but to a system where the rule of law is upheld uniformly, every citizen is treated equally, and all issues are resolved through legal and constitutional mechanisms.

The DG ISPR urged citizens to balance demands for rights with their constitutional responsibilities. Referring to Article 5 of the Constitution, he said loyalty to the state and obedience to the Constitution and the law are fundamental obligations of every Pakistani. He added that national identity should take precedence over provincial or ethnic affiliations, emphasizing that every citizen’s foremost identity should be Pakistani.

Highlighting the country’s counterterrorism efforts, Lt Gen Chaudhry said security forces have conducted 40,348 intelligence-based operations (IBOs) across Pakistan so far this year, averaging around 194 operations daily, with a significant number taking place in Balochistan.

According to the military spokesperson, security forces have eliminated 2,084 terrorists during 2026, averaging nearly 10 militants killed each day. He said 3,145 terrorist incidents have been recorded this year, while 819 people have lost their lives, including 303 Pakistan Army personnel, 194 members of law enforcement agencies, and 322 civilians.

He also revealed that 28 suicide bombings have occurred this year, claiming that most of the attackers were Afghan nationals. He said Afghan citizens, along with individuals linked to Afghan security forces, were among those killed or arrested during counterterrorism operations.

Comparing recent years, the DG ISPR said security forces killed 2,597 terrorists throughout 2025, while the total for 2026 has already reached 2,084. He noted that the effectiveness of counterterrorism operations has improved over time, with security forces now inflicting heavier losses on militant groups.

Responding to questions about the increase in terrorist incidents, Lt Gen Chaudhry said militant groups affiliated with the Taliban have intensified their activities because Pakistan has adopted a firm stance against them. He added that the rise in reported incidents also reflects the growing number of proactive intelligence-based operations, which lead to more engagements between security forces and terrorists.

He reaffirmed that Pakistan’s security forces remain committed to eliminating terrorism and maintaining stability across the country, particularly in Balochistan.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Hafiz Naeem calls rising levies ‘petrol bombs’…

    Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan Ameer Hafiz Naeem-ur-Rehman has strongly criticized the government’s taxation and energy policies, accusing authorities of placing an unbearable financial burden on ordinary citizens. Addressing participants at a sit-in in Lahore, Hafiz Naeem said people were being economically crushed in the name of petroleum levies, describing the frequent increases in fuel costs as “petrol bombs” being dropped on the public. He said the government attributed rising petroleum prices to higher rates in the international market and argued that importing refined petroleum products had become increasingly expensive. However, he maintained that the resulting burden was ultimately transferred to consumers. The JI chief also criticized the condition of Pakistan’s oil-refining sector, saying successive governments had failed to modernize and upgrade refineries. He pointed out that motorcycle users and other ordinary consumers were also paying petroleum levies, while higher petrol prices eventually pushed up the cost of everyday goods. Hafiz Naeem described the petroleum levy as a form of taxation and argued that the existing system had little connection with the welfare of ordinary people. He also criticized the country’s electricity pricing structure, claiming that consumers were being charged heavily despite relatively low generation costs. He further warned that once an effective judicial system was established, those responsible for governance and financial decisions would face scrutiny. He said audits and trials would reveal the assets and financial dealings of those involved. Hafiz Naeem emphasized that the ongoing sit-in was not aimed at advancing the interests of any individual or political personality. He said the movement was being organized to raise the grievances of the public and demand relief from mounting economic pressures.

  • |

    Modi forms task force to reform exam system

    Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a high-powered task force to reform the country’s examination system following weeks of student-led protests over alleged irregularities in major entrance exams. The announcement came a day after Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan resigned, as the government faced growing pressure from students and opposition groups demanding changes to the examination process. Modi said the new task force would be headed by Nandan Nilekani, co-founder of technology company Infosys. The panel will focus on improving the examination system and making it more transparent, reliable and technology-driven. In a video message posted on social media, Modi said the government wanted to restore confidence in upcoming examinations as quickly as possible. He stressed that the system must ensure greater transparency and make effective use of technology. The protests had been led in large part by supporters of the social media-driven Cockroach Janta Party (CJP). Thousands of students and young people gathered at New Delhi’s Jantar Mantar over several weeks, making the demonstrations among the most significant anti-government protests in India in recent years. The movement initially focused on alleged problems and irregularities in examinations, but its demands later expanded. Protesters also raised concerns about unemployment, limited opportunities for young people and what critics described as the government’s increasingly authoritarian approach. The protest site was largely cleared on Sunday. Municipal workers washed the surrounding roads and began repainting walls covered with slogans, posters and graffiti. Some protesters criticised the decision to remove the writings, saying the messages represented an important record of the movement. Rahul, a protester who had visited the site, said demonstrators had photographed and recorded the posters and slogans before they were removed. He said they wanted the material to remain documented and remembered. Some young people who travelled long distances to participate in the demonstrations arrived after the protest had already ended. One 19-year-old participant said he had travelled for around 20 hours after seeing videos of the demonstrations on Instagram. He said he wanted to witness the atmosphere and join other young protesters. Another visitor accused the government of worsening the situation by attempting to suppress the demonstrations. He argued that the crackdown had contributed to the protests becoming larger.

  • | | | |

    Trump administration asks Congress for $87 billion…

    WASHINGTON: The Trump administration has asked Congress to approve nearly $87 billion in emergency funding as the United States faces mounting military costs linked to its escalating confrontation with Iran, according to American officials. The funding request was presented after US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth delivered a classified briefing to lawmakers, outlining the financial and operational demands of the ongoing conflict. He later addressed members of a Senate committee, arguing that additional resources are essential to sustain military operations and protect US national security interests. During the briefing, Hegseth said the conflict with Iran has already cost the United States approximately $37.5 billion, reflecting the growing financial burden of extended military deployments, air operations and regional security missions. Warning lawmakers about the consequences of delaying the request, the defense secretary said failure to approve the funding would create what he described as one of the most serious security risks facing the country. He also rejected suggestions that Washington was responsible for the current crisis, insisting that Iran’s actions had driven the escalation. The administration’s request comes as military tensions between Washington and Tehran remain high, with both sides exchanging threats and continuing operations across the region. Analysts say the financial demands of the conflict are increasing as the United States seeks to maintain its military presence while supporting allies in the Middle East. Meanwhile, The Washington Post reported that US funding allocated for military operations against Iran is being depleted at a rapid pace. The report suggested that continued operations without fresh congressional approval could place additional strain on defense resources and future military planning. The funding debate is expected to become a major issue on Capitol Hill, where lawmakers are likely to scrutinize both the size of the request and the administration’s broader strategy toward Iran. Some members of Congress are expected to seek greater clarity on military objectives, projected costs and the potential duration of the conflict before approving additional spending. Political observers say the request highlights the increasing economic impact of the confrontation, which is unfolding alongside rising concerns over global energy markets and regional stability. As Congress prepares to debate the proposal, the administration continues to argue that additional funding is necessary to maintain operational readiness and respond to evolving security challenges. The outcome of the request could play a significant role in shaping Washington’s military posture and diplomatic options in the weeks ahead.

  • |

    Ayeza Khan and Danish Taimoor spark divorce rumours

    Ayeza Khan, one of Pakistan’s most celebrated television actresses, has once again found herself at the centre of public attention following a social media post that has sparked speculation about her marriage to actor Danish Taimoor. Ayeza is widely admired for her performances in popular dramas including Pyarey Afzal, Mere Paas Tum Ho, Chupke Chupke, and Mein. She is married to Danish Taimoor, one of Pakistan’s most popular male television stars. Danish has recently been enjoying a successful run on television, with several of his projects receiving strong audience responses and achieving impressive viewership figures. While Danish continues to appear in major projects, Ayeza has currently taken a break from acting. Recently, Danish celebrated the finale of his hit drama Humrahi with a special screening at Nueplex Cinema in Karachi. However, fans quickly noticed that Ayeza was not present at the event. Her absence attracted further attention because the couple also did not publicly celebrate their Nikah anniversary on August 8. Neither Ayeza nor Danish appeared to share a post publicly wishing each other on the occasion, prompting some social media users to question whether everything was well between the two. The speculation grew after Ayeza shared a new black-and-white photograph on social media. In the picture, the actress appeared in a nightgown with a serious and expressionless look. She covered both of her ears with her hands while posing in a dramatic and seemingly detached manner. Although Ayeza did not directly mention her marriage or Danish in the post, its timing and intense imagery led some followers to interpret it as a possible message about her personal life. Several fans began discussing the possibility of problems between the couple, while others urged people not to draw conclusions based solely on social media activity. Some users also pointed out that the couple did not appear to share family photographs around August 14, another date associated with their wedding celebrations. A few followers connected this absence with Ayeza’s decision not to attend the Humrahi finale screening. Amid the growing discussion, some social media users went as far as suggesting that Ayeza and Danish could be considering separation. Others speculated that Danish might be distancing himself from his wife, while some interpreted Ayeza’s recent post as a sign that she was choosing to focus on herself. However, neither Ayeza Khan nor Danish Taimoor has confirmed any issues in their marriage. The divorce rumours currently remain unverified speculation based largely on their social media activity, public appearances, and fans’ interpretations. For now, the couple has not made any official statement addressing the rumours, leaving fans waiting for clarification about the situation.

  • |

    New Delhi distances itself from scheduled online talk by ousted Bangladeshi leader Sheikh Hasina

    The Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi has formally clarified that the Indian government maintains no connection to or responsibility for an upcoming online address by former Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Officials confirmed that the press gathering is an entirely independent initiative arranged by a private press entity. The official statement came following direct enquiries from diplomatic authorities in Dhaka seeking clarity regarding New Delhi’s position. Sheikh Hasina, the ousted head of the Bangladesh Awami League, is scheduled to deliver a remote address on 5 August during an international media event hosted by the Foreign Correspondents’ Club of South Asia in New Delhi. The date coincides with the second anniversary of the mass student-led demonstrations that brought an end to her administration in 2024. Addressing the matter during a press briefing, an official spokesperson for the Indian foreign ministry emphasized that the gathering is strictly a private affair organised by the media body, adding that the state framework remains wholly unassociated with its coordination or proceedings.

  • | |

    Dakota Johnson goes blonde to portray Marilyn Monroe in flesh impact

    Dakota Johnson has undergone a dramatic transformation, debuting platinum blonde hair to portray Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe in the upcoming short film Flesh Impact. Newly released first-look images showcase the actress with Monroe’s signature curled hairstyle, bold red lipstick, and famous beauty mark, offering audiences an early glimpse of one of her most striking screen appearances to date. Written and directed by Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Maggie Gyllenhaal, Flesh Impact is a 17-minute short film created to mark what would have been Monroe’s 100th birthday. Rather than telling the story of Monroe’s life through a conventional biographical approach, the project presents an imaginative exploration of her legacy by examining both the woman the world knew and the future she never had the chance to experience. Johnson portrays Monroe during the height of her Hollywood career, while Academy Award-winning actress Ellen Burstyn plays an imagined older version of the screen legend. The cast also includes Sepideh Moafi and Peter Sarsgaard, adding further depth to the film’s unique interpretation of Monroe’s enduring influence. Gyllenhaal has described the project as an opportunity to look beyond Monroe’s glamorous public image and reflect on the complexity, vulnerability, and resilience that defined her life. The filmmaker aims to celebrate Monroe not simply as a global celebrity but as a woman whose story continues to resonate with audiences around the world decades after her death. Flesh Impact is set to make its world premiere at the 2026 Venice International Film Festival, where Ellen Burstyn will also be honoured with the prestigious Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement. Following the release of the first images, Johnson’s transformation has already generated widespread attention, with many praising the actress’s remarkable resemblance to Monroe. More than six decades after her passing, Marilyn Monroe remains one of cinema’s most recognisable and influential figures, remembered for classics including Some Like It Hot, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and The Seven Year Itch. With Flesh Impact, Gyllenhaal and her cast hope to honour Monroe’s lasting legacy while offering audiences a thoughtful and imaginative perspective on the Hollywood icon’s extraordinary life. https://www.instagram.com/p/DbVfWs0Dpab/?igsh=Z3hwZjhteGdydXB5

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *