four injured after
| | |

Four injured after house roof collapses in Lahore

Four members of the same family were injured after the roof of a house collapsed in Lahore’s Shalimar area on Sunday. Rescue teams responded quickly to the incident, rescuing the victims from the debris and transporting them to nearby hospitals for medical treatment.

The accident occurred in Pathan Colony, located near Ghausia Chowk on Shalimar Road. According to Rescue 1122 officials, emergency responders reached the scene shortly after receiving reports of the collapse. Rescue personnel carried out a search operation, safely removing the injured individuals from beneath the rubble before shifting them to hospitals.

Authorities said the house had a traditional roof made of mud and T-R girders, which collapsed unexpectedly. The exact cause of the incident has not yet been confirmed, and officials are expected to investigate whether the collapse was caused by structural weakness, aging construction, or other factors.

The injured victims have been identified as three-year-old Rajab, 35-year-old Zainab, 35-year-old Shahid, and 20-year-old Mujahid. Rescue 1122 confirmed that all four belong to the same family. Two of the injured were taken to Kot Khawaja Saeed Hospital for treatment, while the remaining victims also received immediate medical care.

Fortunately, rescue officials stated that all four injured individuals are in stable condition and are out of danger. Medical staff continue to monitor their recovery, and no fatalities have been reported.

After completing a thorough search of the damaged building, Rescue 1122 confirmed that no additional people were trapped under the debris. The rescue operation was officially concluded once authorities ensured the site was clear.

Building collapses remain a concern in parts of Pakistan where older structures and traditional construction methods are still common. Experts have frequently emphasized the importance of regular structural inspections and timely maintenance, particularly for buildings constructed with aging materials. They also encourage homeowners to seek professional assessments if signs of cracks, weakened roofs, or structural damage become visible.

The latest incident highlights the importance of emergency preparedness and the rapid response of rescue services. Prompt action by Rescue 1122 helped prevent further casualties and ensured that the injured received immediate medical attention. Local authorities are expected to assess the condition of the damaged property and determine whether additional safety measures are required to prevent similar incidents in the future.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    MQM-P raises Sindh representation, census demands

    MQM-Pakistan Chairman Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui has accused the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) of creating an ethnic divide in Sindh. He said the province had not simply been divided into urban and rural areas. Instead, he claimed that a linguistic and ethnic division had been created. Speaking at a public gathering in Hyderabad, Siddiqui said Muhajirs were settled in 21 cities across Sindh. He said his party had always preferred political and peaceful struggle over confrontation. Siddiqui warned that if the people participating in the political movement were directed towards the Chief Minister’s House, the situation could reach a decisive point. However, he stressed that MQM-P had never called for fighting. He said the party wanted different communities to recognise and respect each other. The MQM-P chief said the cities of Sindh belonged to the descendants of people who had contributed to the creation of Pakistan. He said they had brought their share of Pakistan with them and had continued to remain committed to the country. Siddiqui also spoke about abandoned properties in Sindh. He claimed that the Muhajir community had not received even 10 per cent of what he described as its rightful share. He said the community’s love for Pakistan and desire for peace should not be considered a weakness. He said MQM-P would continue raising the rights of the people regardless of the number of votes it received. Siddiqui claimed that the party was bigger than the assemblies and said its presence represented Pakistan. The MQM-P chairman also urged the federal government to take the party’s demands seriously. He said one of the party’s major demands was the establishment and empowerment of effective local governments. Siddiqui argued that strong local governments were necessary to solve problems at the grassroots level. He said people should have greater control over decisions affecting their cities and communities. The MQM-P leader also demanded a fair and accurate population census in Sindh. He said every person must be properly counted to ensure fair political representation and distribution of resources. Siddiqui warned that those responsible for failing to count people accurately would eventually have to answer for it. He claimed that two sections of society were currently contributing to the state’s economy in Sindh but were not receiving proportionate representation. He argued that a transparent population count could resolve many of the grievances surrounding political representation. According to Siddiqui, if the people of Sindh were properly counted, the demand for a separate province would no longer remain necessary. His remarks come amid an ongoing political debate in Sindh over population figures, ethnic representation, local government powers and the distribution of resources. The MQM-P has repeatedly called for stronger local governments and greater representation for urban areas. The party maintains that accurate population data is essential for determining political representation and ensuring a fair share of development resources.

  • | | |

    Duke goes missing, Rs250,000 reward announced

    The pet dog of former Pakistan cricket captain and legendary all-rounder Wasim Akram has reportedly gone missing in Karachi. Wasim Akram and his wife, Shaniera Akram, have appealed to the public for help in finding their missing dog. According to a post shared on their official Instagram account, the dog is named Duke. It is a five-month-old black German Shepherd with a long coat. Duke was last seen in DHA Phase 8 in Karachi. The family is now making efforts to locate and bring the pet safely back home. A reward of Rs250,000 has been announced for anyone who helps recover Duke. The reward will also be given to a person who provides reliable information that leads to the dog’s recovery. The announcement has prompted an appeal to residents of DHA Phase 8 and surrounding areas. The family has asked people to remain alert and report any information about the dog. Residents have also been requested to check areas where the dog may have gone. These include nearby parks, gardens and streets. People have also been urged to look around rooftops and garages. Security guards and other local residents have been specifically asked to assist in the search. The family hopes that public cooperation will help locate Duke quickly. They have asked anyone who spots the dog to provide accurate information rather than sharing unverified reports. The disappearance has also drawn attention from fans and followers of the former Pakistan captain. Wasim Akram remains one of Pakistan’s most recognised cricket personalities. The search is currently focused on DHA Phase 8 and nearby areas. The family is relying on residents and local communities to help trace the missing pet. The Rs250,000 reward is intended to encourage people to come forward with useful information. The owners have stressed the importance of reliable information that can help bring Duke home safely. The family is continuing its efforts to locate the dog. They are also seeking support from residents, security personnel and people familiar with the area.

  • | |

    Adam Scott reveals awkward moment from daughter’…

    Adam Scott has revealed an awkward but hilarious moment involving his daughter and one of his most memorable career setbacks. The Severance star recently appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, where he opened up about his daughter Francesca “Frankie” Scott’s experience in a New York acting program. What began as an ordinary acting lesson quickly became uncomfortable when Scott discovered that his own failed audition for The Office had become part of the class discussion. Scott explained that Frankie, who is preparing to enter her senior year of high school, was attending an acting program in New York during the summer. On the first day of one of her classes, the teacher decided to show the students two audition tapes. The first was Scott’s audition for The Office. The second belonged to John Krasinski, who ultimately won the role of Jim Halpert. The teacher then asked the students to analyze both performances and discuss why Krasinski got the part while Scott did not. According to Scott, the instructor had no idea that one of his students was actually the actor’s daughter. For Frankie, the lesson was understandably embarrassing. Scott recalled that his daughter was “mortified” by the situation. The awkwardness became even greater after class, when the teacher stopped Frankie and asked whether she knew either of the actors whose auditions had been shown. The instructor eventually connected the dots after realizing Frankie’s last name and discovering that she was Scott’s daughter. Scott said the teacher felt terrible once he understood what had happened. Despite the uncomfortable experience for his daughter, Scott found the entire situation amusing. Rather than being offended by the criticism, he joked that he was simply happy to know that he was being used as a lesson in a prestigious acting class. The irony is that Scott’s The Office audition did not prevent him from building a successful television career. Although Krasinski became synonymous with Jim Halpert, Scott later landed the beloved role of Ben Wyatt on Parks and Recreation. He went on to appear in projects including Big Little Lies, The Good Place and Severance. Scott is currently filming the third season of Severance in New York, making the timing of his daughter’s acting experience even more fitting. What could have been an embarrassing family moment ultimately became a funny reminder that even successful actors experience rejection. For Scott, his old audition may not have won him the role of Jim Halpert, but it has certainly found a new purpose as an unexpected teaching moment for the next generation of performers.

  • |

    Amaal Malik breaks silence on Awarapan 2 song controversy

    Music composer Amaal Malik has responded to the criticism surrounding one of the newly released songs from the upcoming film Awarapan 2, claiming that a coordinated campaign is being carried out against both the movie and its soundtrack. The sequel stars Emraan Hashmi and follows the 2007 cult classic Awarapan, a film remembered for its emotional storyline as well as its memorable soundtrack. The original movie featured several popular songs, including Toh Phir Aao, Maula Maula, and Tera Mera Rishta, which became fan favorites over the years. For Awarapan 2, Amaal Malik has been entrusted with composing the film’s music. As part of the soundtrack, he recently introduced a fresh version of Toh Phir Aao, originally performed by Pakistani singer Mustafa Zahid. The recreated track received attention from listeners, with many comparing it to the much-loved original. The discussion intensified after the release of another song from the film, Ye Awarapan. Soon after it was released, the track sparked mixed reactions across social media. While some listeners praised the composition and vocals, others criticized the new version, leading to an online debate among music fans. Breaking his silence on the criticism, Amaal Malik shared a statement on X, where he suggested that the backlash was not entirely organic. According to the composer, there is a well-organized public relations campaign being carried out by certain rivals within the film industry who do not want either the film or its music to succeed. Without naming any individuals or organizations, Malik alleged that paid efforts were being used to influence public opinion against the soundtrack. He argued that such campaigns were unnecessary and advised those behind them to focus their resources elsewhere instead of targeting his work. In his message, the composer also remarked that people should save their funds for their own future film projects rather than spending money on attempts to damage someone else’s release. His comments appeared to be a subtle response to critics while expressing confidence in the music and the film’s reception. The statement quickly gained attention online, with fans reacting on both sides of the debate. Supporters defended Malik, saying that online criticism can sometimes be amplified by organized campaigns, while others maintained that audiences are entitled to express genuine opinions about new music. The discussion has continued across various social media platforms since his remarks. One of the highlights of Ye Awarapan is its vocals by renowned playback singer Arijit Singh. The song marks another notable addition to his extensive catalog and has attracted significant interest from fans eager to hear his latest work. His performance has been widely appreciated by many listeners despite the controversy surrounding the release. With Awarapan 2 preparing for its theatrical release, the conversation around its soundtrack continues to generate buzz. Whether the debate ultimately affects the film’s success remains to be seen, but the latest exchange has ensured that the movie and its music remain firmly in the spotlight.

  • |

    Mike Hesson holds key meeting ahead of Champions Cup

    MULTAN: Pakistan white-ball head coach Mike Hesson has arrived in Multan for the National Champions Cup, where he held an important meeting with the coaching staff of all four participating teams as the domestic tournament gets ready to kick off the 2026-27 season. Hesson met the head coaches of the four sides — Misbah-ul-Haq, Ijaz Junior, Iqbal Imam and Aizaz Cheema — to discuss ways of improving players’ one-day cricket skills and ensuring that the tournament serves as a meaningful platform for national selection and development. Pakistan bowling coach Ashley Noffke and National Cricket Academy (NCA) Head of Coach Education Shahid Aslam also attended the meeting, adding further weight to discussions around player development and coaching standards. The meeting comes at an important time for Pakistan cricket, with the Champions Cup being viewed as the first major step towards preparations for next year’s World Cup in South Africa. Hesson’s presence in Multan signals the national team management’s focus on closely monitoring domestic performances while identifying players capable of making the jump to international cricket. Particular attention is expected to be given to players’ consistency, tactical awareness and ability to handle pressure in the 50-over format. The tournament will also provide coaches with an opportunity to assess emerging talent in a competitive environment. The National Champions Cup will begin on August 11, coinciding with the official start of Pakistan’s 2026-27 domestic cricket season. With the World Cup on the horizon, the tournament could prove crucial in shaping Pakistan’s next generation of one-day performers.

  • | | | |

    US confirms Israel-Lebanon talks in Rome

    The United States has confirmed that Israel and Lebanon will hold their next round of talks in Rome from August 4 to 6. The negotiations will focus on implementing a framework agreement aimed at ending the conflict and improving security along the Israel-Lebanon border. The talks will be mediated by the United States. Technical teams from both sides are expected to discuss several key issues. One major issue will be the expansion of pilot zones in southern Lebanon. Israel is preparing to withdraw from two of these areas as part of the framework agreement. The discussions will also cover unresolved border disputes. The sides are expected to explore steps towards a wider peace and security arrangement. The framework emerged after fighting between Israel and Hezbollah escalated on March 2. The conflict took place amid wider tensions across the Middle East. Under the agreement, Hezbollah is expected to disarm. Lebanese forces are also to increase their deployment in southern Lebanon. Israeli forces are expected to withdraw gradually from parts of southern Lebanon. The process will initially involve two designated pilot zones. US officials said the experience from the initial zones could help establish a broader system for withdrawal and security arrangements. The United States believes the pilot zones can be expanded in stages if the initial process proves successful. The Lebanese army, however, has raised concerns over continued Israeli military activity in the south. Beirut has accused Israel of carrying out intermittent strikes and artillery attacks despite the reduction in fighting. Lebanese officials say the continued military activity is making it harder for the army to fully deploy in the south under the framework agreement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *