kelly clarkson gets
| |

Kelly Clarkson gets candid about her single life

Kelly Clarkson is thriving on her own, and she made sure her Las Vegas audience knew it. During her residency at Caesars Palace on Friday, the Grammy-winning singer turned a moment of audience banter into one of the most relatable and widely shared comments of her recent public appearances, delivering a set of honest and very funny observations about single life that quickly resonated online.
Addressing the question that people apparently keep asking her, Clarkson went straight to the point. “People are like, ‘Oh, why are you single?’ And I’m like, ‘First of all, there are a lot of people out here making single look real good,’” she joked to the crowd.
She did not stop there. “And if you didn’t really understand what I meant by that, it’s like you see relationships and you’re like, ‘I am so glad I’m going home alone.’” The audience reportedly laughed along with a recognition that needed no further explanation.
She followed that with one more line that landed particularly well. “You know what’s not happening in my house?” she said before adding: “That s–t.”
But Clarkson also shifted tone to deliver something more sincere beneath the comedy. She acknowledged that long-term relationships, when they do work, require sustained and conscious effort from both people involved. “If you are in a relationship, the hardest part is just keeping that fire alive and still dating,” she said. “And like still making it feel magical and not monotonous.”
It was a moment that balanced her comedic instincts with a genuine insight about why relationships are hard, and why being honest about that matters more than performing contentment.
Clarkson has kept her personal life largely private since her divorce from Brandon Blackstock, with whom she shares two children. Since finalising the separation, she has channelled her energy into her music, her long-running talk show and her parenting, rarely speaking at length about romance or the prospect of a new relationship.
Her Las Vegas residency has given her a different kind of platform, one that is intimate, live and visibly free of the usual formalities that shape media appearances. In that setting, she has clearly felt comfortable speaking with the kind of unfiltered candour that her fanbase has always responded to.
The comments from Friday’s show spread quickly online, with many fans describing the moment as the most relatable thing they had heard in months. For Clarkson, it appears that choosing herself is not a consolation. It is the plan.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    The Shards star Homer Garrett reveals the first pe…

    Homer Garrett is preparing to make his acting debut in one of television’s most highly anticipated thriller series, The Shards, and the rising star says there was one person he immediately wanted to share the life-changing news with. Speaking about his first major acting role, Garrett revealed that the very first phone call he made after learning he had been cast was to his father, Richard Garrett. The young actor described his father as a constant source of encouragement and professional support throughout his journey into the entertainment industry. His heartfelt revelation offers a glimpse into the close bond the two share as Homer steps into the spotlight. The Shards, created by acclaimed television producer Ryan Murphy, is based on Bret Easton Ellis’ bestselling 2023 novel of the same name. The psychological thriller has generated significant buzz thanks to its dark storyline, star-studded creative team, and Murphy’s reputation for producing hit series. Garrett takes on the role of Robert Mallory, marking the first leading role of his acting career. (People⁠) Reflecting on the emotional moment he received the news, Garrett said his father was the first person he wanted to tell because he had always believed in him. He explained that Richard Garrett had supported his ambitions from the beginning, encouraging him to pursue acting while offering guidance whenever challenges arose. The actor admitted landing such a significant role still feels surreal. Taking the lead in a major television adaptation is a dream opportunity for any newcomer, and Garrett said he is grateful to begin his career with a project led by Ryan Murphy, one of Hollywood’s most successful television creators. The upcoming series follows a gripping mystery set within an elite Los Angeles high school during the 1980s. As unsettling events unfold, Robert Mallory becomes entangled in a story filled with suspense, secrets, and psychological twists. Fans of Bret Easton Ellis’ novel have eagerly awaited the adaptation, with expectations running high for Murphy’s interpretation of the acclaimed book. Garrett praised the cast and crew for helping him feel comfortable throughout production despite it being his first professional acting experience. He said working alongside experienced performers allowed him to grow both personally and professionally while gaining confidence in front of the camera. His comments about his father have also resonated with fans, highlighting the importance of family support during career milestones. While Hollywood success often focuses on glamorous premieres and major roles, Garrett’s story serves as a reminder that personal encouragement behind the scenes can be just as meaningful. As anticipation builds for The Shards, Garrett is emerging as one of Hollywood’s promising new talents. With Ryan Murphy leading the adaptation and Bret Easton Ellis’ celebrated novel providing the foundation, expectations for the series continue to grow. For Garrett, however, one memory stands above the rest. Before the excitement of filming began, before the headlines and interviews, he simply picked up the phone to thank the person who had believed in him from the very beginning—his father.

  • | |

    Karachi issues traffic plan for Chehlum procession

    KARACHI: The Karachi Traffic Police has announced a comprehensive traffic management plan ahead of the central Chehlum procession on Tuesday, urging commuters to use alternative routes as several major roads will remain closed during the religious event. According to the traffic arrangements, the main Chehlum procession will begin from Nishtar Park at 9:00am and proceed along its traditional route. M.A. Jinnah Road will remain closed to regular traffic for the duration of the procession to ensure the safety of participants and maintain security. Authorities have prepared a series of traffic diversions to minimize disruption across the city. Vehicles traveling from Saddar towards Tower will be redirected through Preedy Street and I.I. Chundrigar Road, while motorists approaching from Shahrah-e-Quaideen will be diverted via Kashmir Road and People’s Chowrangi. Traffic from Korangi, Landhi and the National Highway will be routed through Rashid Minhas Road and the Super Highway. Commuters coming from Nazimabad will be able to use Lasbela, Garden and Nishtar Road, while traffic from Liaquatabad will be diverted from Lasbela Chowk towards Nazimabad No. 10. Motorists traveling from Hassan Square and Shahrah-e-Faisal have also been advised to follow designated diversion routes through Society Light Signal, Teen Hatti and Sher Shah Suri Road. Drivers using Jamshed Road toward Guru Mandir have been asked to use Bahadur Yar Jang Road or Soldier Bazaar Road as alternate routes. Traffic police further announced that heavy vehicles will not be allowed to enter Karachi from 10:00am until the conclusion of the procession. Parking will also be prohibited along the procession route, and any vehicle found violating the restrictions will be removed immediately. Chehlum of Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) and the martyrs of Karbala will be observed across the country on Tuesday with mourning processions and religious gatherings taking place under heightened security arrangements.

  • | |

    Transgender protest turns violent in Karachi

    Police have arrested three transgender persons after registering a case over an alleged attack on the Boat Basin police station in Karachi. The case was lodged by the state following an incident that took place a few days ago. According to police officials, a large group of transgender persons allegedly entered the police station in an agitated state and created unrest inside the premises. They are accused of pelting stones, damaging government property and disrupting official work. Police said the protesters allegedly smashed the windows of vehicles parked at the police station. They also damaged the glass panels of a police mobile and vandalized equipment linked to the Safe City surveillance system. Authorities said the doors of the Safe City monitoring room were also broken during the incident. Officials stated that police personnel tried to calm the protesters and asked them to remain peaceful. However, they claimed that the group continued its protest and refused to leave the premises. According to the First Information Report (FIR), the protesters also allegedly assaulted members of the public who were present at the police station despite repeated warnings from police officers. Eight transgender persons have been nominated in the case, while investigations are continuing to identify and arrest the remaining suspects. Police said the protest erupted after officials detained several beggars under the Beggary Act on the instructions of the assistant commissioner. During the operation, one transgender person reportedly suffered a nosebleed while being taken into custody. According to police, the injury occurred during the detention process. They alleged that the protesters later presented the incident as a case of police torture, which triggered the protest outside and inside the police station. Authorities said an investigation is underway to determine the exact sequence of events. Police are also reviewing available evidence, including surveillance footage, to identify everyone involved in the alleged vandalism and attacks on government property.

  • |

    Nimra Khan clarifies marriage status after viral Instagram reel

    Pakistani television actress Nimra Khan has addressed speculation about her marriage after an emotional Instagram post sparked rumours that she and her husband had separated. The actress, who enjoys a strong social media presence with more than 4.7 million followers on Instagram, clarified the situation after fans began questioning her relationship status following a recent reel that many interpreted as a sign of personal turmoil. Nimra, who announced her marriage in June 2026, had shared photos from her wedding and nikah ceremony in Paris with her followers. The images were widely celebrated by fans, making her recent social media activity all the more noticeable. The rumours began after Nimra posted a reflective Instagram reel featuring a heartfelt message about resilience and self-worth. In the video, she encouraged people to remain strong even when life becomes difficult, others stop understanding them, or they feel alone. She expressed that a person should never abandon themselves, regardless of the challenges they face. According to the actress, once someone learns to become their own source of strength, no obstacle or criticism can truly defeat them. She added that it is important for people to realise they are enough for themselves and should value their own inner strength. While the message resonated with many of her followers, others assumed it hinted at problems in her personal life. The speculation intensified when some social media users noticed that her wedding photographs were no longer prominently visible on her Instagram profile. One follower commented on the post, asking if everything was alright and suggesting that the actress had removed her wedding pictures, fuelling rumours that her marriage had ended. Responding directly to the comment, Nimra dismissed the divorce speculation and assured her followers that there was no reason for concern. She explained that everything was fine and clarified that she had not deleted her wedding photographs. Instead, she had simply moved them lower on her Instagram profile. According to the actress, the decision was made to protect her personal life from the effects of the “evil eye,” a belief commonly held in many cultures that excessive public attention or envy can bring misfortune. Nimra also thanked the fan for expressing concern and offering prayers, appreciating the support shown by her followers. Her clarification quickly put an end to the growing rumours, with many fans expressing relief and sending messages of love and good wishes. The incident once again highlighted how emotional or motivational social media posts are often interpreted as reflections of a celebrity’s private life, leading to widespread speculation. In Nimra’s case, a message intended to inspire self-confidence and emotional resilience was mistakenly linked to her marriage, prompting the actress to publicly clear the air. With her response, Nimra Khan has reassured fans that her marriage remains intact and that there is no truth to the divorce rumours circulating online. Her explanation also served as a reminder that not every inspirational post on social media reflects a personal crisis, and appearances on social platforms do not always tell the full story.

  • | |

    Turkey submits bill to parliament aimed at reinteg…

    Turkey’s governing coalition put forward a draft law before parliament on Wednesday designed to secure lasting peace with the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, offering legal protection from prosecution to many former fighters and suspending prison terms for others. The legislation represents a significant step toward closing out an insurgency that has claimed more than 40,000 lives since 1984, deepened political divisions inside Turkey and spilled violence into neighboring Iraq and Syria over four decades. The bill aims to bring the long running conflict to a close in part by clearing the way for potentially thousands of former PKK fighters and civilians to return to Turkey from hideouts in northern Iraq. The measure carries support from a majority of lawmakers and is expected to clear parliament later this week, though public opinion polls suggest many Turks remain doubtful it will deliver a durable peace. Under the bill, Turkey’s national security council would confirm the group’s disarmament, while a dedicated committee, including the vice president, several cabinet ministers and the head of the MIT intelligence service, would supervise the surrender and disarmament of militants. That committee would then report on the process to a parliamentary oversight commission. According to the text of the legislation, the bill would suspend prison sentences for individuals convicted of PKK membership or of assisting the organization. It would also extend legal protection to fighters who were not involved in killings, provided they return to Turkey within six months of the law taking effect. PKK figures convicted of more serious offenses, including leading a terrorist organization or sentenced to aggravated life terms before 2005, would fall outside the scope of these protections and would not receive suspended sentences. That exclusion means PKK founder Abdullah Ocalan, who has been imprisoned since 1999 under an aggravated life sentence, would remain behind bars even as the broader peace process moves forward. Ocalan called on the PKK to lay down its weapons and dissolve last year, a call the group’s leadership accepted. President Tayyip Erdogan’s governing AK Party secured backing for the bill, formally titled the national solidarity and social integration law, from its nationalist ally the MHP as well as the pro Kurdish DEM Party. Most other parties in parliament, including the main opposition, have also expressed support for the legislation. DEM co chair Tuncer Bakirhan described the vote as an important first step, saying he hopes the process continues forward in a constructive direction. The peace initiative between Turkey, which fields NATO’s second largest army, and the PKK first got underway in late 2024. It nearly stalled earlier this year, however, as the war involving Iran raised fears of wider regional instability and diverted attention from the domestic peace effort. Turkey, along with the United States and the European Union, classifies the PKK as a terrorist organization. The group launched its armed campaign in 1984, initially demanding an independent Kurdish state in southeastern Turkey before later shifting its goals toward greater autonomy and expanded political rights for Kurdish communities within Turkey. The legislation now heads toward a parliamentary vote expected within days, marking one of the most consequential efforts yet to formally end a conflict that has shaped Turkish domestic politics and regional security dynamics for more than a generation.

  • | |

    Karachi court acquits Anmol alias Pinky in three d…

    KARACHI: An Additional District and Sessions Court in Karachi has acquitted Anmol alias Pinky in three drug cases registered at Gizri Police Station. The court announced the decision on Thursday after hearing arguments from the defence. Pinky was arrested by Karachi police in May during a joint operation with a civil agency at an apartment in the Garden area. Police had accused her of operating an organised narcotics supply network in Karachi. Investigators alleged that the network was involved in processing and distributing cocaine and had links with other major cities, including Lahore and Islamabad. According to police, the three cases against Pinky were registered at Gizri Police Station in 2020, 2021 and 2022. She had remained a fugitive in the cases before her arrest. During Thursday’s hearing, Pinky’s defence counsel argued that two other accused persons in the cases had already been acquitted. The lawyer told the court that co-accused Ali and Fehmida were acquitted in 2024. He argued that Pinky had subsequently been implicated on the basis of statements attributed to the acquitted co-accused. The defence maintained that after the acquittal of the two co-accused, there was insufficient legal basis to convict Pinky in the cases. The court accepted the defence arguments and acquitted her in all three cases. Before her acquittal, investigators had made several allegations about Pinky’s alleged role in the narcotics trade. Police claimed she supplied drugs to customers in affluent areas of Karachi, including DHA and Clifton. Investigators also alleged that she personally prepared cocaine and used female riders and online platforms to facilitate deliveries. Police further claimed that her alleged network extended beyond Karachi to cities including Lahore and Islamabad. During interrogation, investigators attributed statements to Pinky regarding the quality and sale of cocaine. Police alleged that two categories of cocaine were being sold through the network at different prices. Pinky, however, made separate allegations during interrogation. She claimed she was being pressured to name politicians and members of the entertainment industry. She also alleged that she had been subjected to physical mistreatment during questioning and accused an investigation officer of threatening her.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *