three arrested fake

Three arrested in fake tax invoice network costing state 360 million baht

BANGKOK, Thailand – Economic crimes police have arrested three people allegedly involved in a network that issued and sold fake tax invoices, costing the state an estimated 360 million baht in lost revenue, following a major operation targeting a scheme that had operated for approximately five years. Central Investigation Bureau chief Pol Lt Gen Natthasak Chaowanasai announced the outcome of operation “Anti Ghost Bill” at a press conference on Monday, revealing that at least 100 officers were deployed in raids on 10 targeted locations, including four in Bangkok, three in Nonthaburi, and one each in Nakhon Ratchasima, Samut Prakan, and Chaiyaphum provinces.

Pakistani Suspect Arrested in Pattaya Herbal Scam Bust

The raided premises included residences and companies linked to individuals issuing fraudulent documents, companies allegedly buying and using the fake invoices, and accounting firms involved in the network, with most clients being petrol station operators and construction firms, according to investigators. One woman and two men were arrested on warrants issued by the Central Tax Court and face charges of jointly issuing tax invoices without legal authority, identified as 61-year-old Ratha, 50-year-old Khanaphot, and 33-year-old Pandecha, with police stating that the Revenue Department had earlier received information about a group of individuals and companies selling tax invoices without actual transactions involving goods or services.

Investigators revealed that Ratha, known as “Aor Ratha,” acted as the sales agent of the network, contacting potential customers through an online group that allowed only close networks and individuals, with an undercover officer having infiltrated the network and, after gaining members’ trust, negotiated for and purchased fake tax invoices on several occasions. The invoices were issued in the name of a company whose authorised director was the 33-year-old suspect Pandecha, with customers specifying the value they wanted on the invoice and payments transferred to a bank account belonging to Khanaphot, which was believed to act as a mule account for Ratha to conceal her identity.

The gang used other people to mail the fake invoices through Thailand Post, with third-party names used on the envelopes, while Pandecha was found to also use an accounting firm to increase the company’s registered capital to 400 million baht and allegedly filed annual financial statements reporting revenue of 300 to 400 million baht over the five-year period in a bid to make the company appear credible. Investigators said they would expand the probe and take legal action against all companies involved, with the group’s illegal activities having caused damage to the country’s economic system and development totalling approximately 360 million baht.

Six Nigerian Men Arrested In Nonthaburi For Alleged Ai-powered Romance Scams

Authorities seized more than 200 items during the raids, including 105 sets of documents related to tax invoices, 12 files of input and output tax reports, 31 files of postal delivery records, 17 files of contracts, sales and money-transfer documents, 18 bank passbooks, 18 company stamps, 20 computers and other electronic devices, and 15 mobile phones. The arrests represent a significant blow to the fake invoice network, though police have indicated that further investigations are underway to identify and prosecute all parties involved in the fraudulent scheme.

-Thailand News (TN)

Similar Posts

  • | |

    ‘I’ll lead from the front’: Sohail Afridi vo…

    Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Sohail Afridi has announced a major march towards Islamabad on September 27, saying he will personally lead the protest demanding the release of PTI founder Imran Khan. Addressing a public gathering in Bannu on Sunday, Afridi urged supporters not to be afraid and said more than two million people would take part in the planned demonstration. “I will be at the front of the march for Imran Khan’s release,” Afridi said, assuring supporters that he would stand with them throughout the protest. He called on people to remain determined and claimed that a large turnout would make it difficult for authorities to stop the protesters. He also said that those who use oppression are often afraid when confronted by a large public movement. The chief minister also criticised the federal government, alleging that the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa had repeatedly been used as “scapegoats” in the past. He accused the authorities of treating the province as an experimental ground and said his administration was independent in making decisions. Speaking about law and order, Afridi said maintaining peace was a shared responsibility. He assured police personnel that his government stood firmly behind them and was providing funds for modern weapons and improvements to police infrastructure. Afridi also compared the current security situation with the period between 2018 and 2022, when Imran Khan was prime minister. He claimed that there had been peace and stability across the region during that period and said terrorism had not been a major threat. According to Afridi, violence and terrorism have returned to the province, with southern districts, particularly Bannu, among the worst affected areas. He held the federal government and those he alleged were responsible for bringing it to power accountable for the deteriorating security situation.

  • | | |

    Shehbaz welcomes Trump’s support for Makkah defe…

    Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has welcomed US President Donald Trump’s support for the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement, saying Pakistan will continue working with Saudi Arabia and Türkiye to ensure its own defence as well as the security of the region. In a statement, the prime minister said he appreciated President Trump’s remarks regarding the agreement. He said Pakistan would continue playing its role alongside Saudi Arabia and Türkiye in strengthening regional defence and security. Shehbaz Sharif also praised President Trump for his role in helping avert a nuclear catastrophe in South Asia and potentially saving millions of lives. The prime minister stressed that sustainable peace was essential for ensuring a bright and prosperous future for the people. He said lasting peace and regional stability were fundamental requirements for economic development and the well-being of nations. Earlier, President Donald Trump had welcomed the signing of the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement between Saudi Arabia, Türkiye and Pakistan. Trump said he was extremely pleased that Saudi Arabia, Türkiye and Pakistan had finally signed the agreement. He described the development as evidence of the Middle East becoming more united and said countries in the region would ultimately become better able to defend themselves effectively. The US president congratulated the leadership of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye, calling the agreement a major, bold and important first step. The statements come as Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye seek closer defence and security cooperation. The agreement is being viewed as an important development in strengthening coordination among the three countries and enhancing their collective ability to respond to security challenges. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s remarks also reaffirm Pakistan’s commitment to regional peace and stability. He said Pakistan would continue contributing to efforts aimed at protecting the region and preventing conflicts that could have devastating consequences for millions of people.

  • | |

    Malaysian PM Anwar Ibrahim undergoes medical proce…

    KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim is undergoing medical examinations and procedures, with his aide saying he is expected to remain under observation for two days. Anwar’s Press Secretary Tunku Nashrul Abaidah confirmed the development on Monday but did not disclose details about the nature of the medical procedures or the condition that prompted them. In a statement, the aide said Anwar was undergoing examinations and procedures arranged by a team of medical experts. The statement also appealed for prayers for the premier’s health and expressed hope that he would be able to return to his regular duties soon. “Let us pray … that he is blessed with long-lasting health so that he can return to his usual duties in the near future,” the statement said. The news prompted a message of support from Pakistan, with Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif wishing his Malaysian counterpart a swift recovery. “Wishing my dear brother, Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim, a swift and smooth recovery during his medical procedures,” Shehbaz wrote in a post on X. He added that the people of Pakistan were joining him in praying for Anwar’s continued good health and well-being, reflecting the close ties between the two countries. Anwar, who turned 79 on Monday, has served as Malaysia’s prime minister since 2022. His current medical observation has drawn attention partly because of previous health issues involving his back and shoulder. The Malaysian leader was hospitalised in 2018 after experiencing shoulder and back pain. More recently, he cancelled a planned visit to Pahang state in November last year because of back discomfort. Despite those previous problems, Anwar received a clean bill of health following a routine medical examination in January, according to a statement from the hospital where the check-up was conducted. The latest announcement has not indicated that Anwar is facing any serious health condition. Officials have also not provided details about when he is expected to leave medical care or resume his full schedule. For now, the Malaysian government and Anwar’s supporters are awaiting further updates from his medical team. His aide’s statement sought to reassure the public while asking for prayers as the veteran politician undergoes the procedures. Anwar’s health is closely watched as he continues to lead Malaysia through a period of economic and political challenges, making his expected return to official duties a matter of considerable public interest.

  • Thai Military Launches Operation Against Cambodian Troops Encroaching On Sa Kaeo

    BANGKOK – The Thai army’s Burapha Task Force initiated military action against Cambodian forces on Monday in Sa Kaeo province, accusing them of violating Thai sovereignty along the border. The 1st Army announced that the operation was launched “to reclaim Thai sovereign territory” but did not disclose specific locations or operational details, promising further updates […]

  • | |

    Karachi court acquits Anmol alias Pinky in three d…

    KARACHI: An Additional District and Sessions Court in Karachi has acquitted Anmol alias Pinky in three drug cases registered at Gizri Police Station. The court announced the decision on Thursday after hearing arguments from the defence. Pinky was arrested by Karachi police in May during a joint operation with a civil agency at an apartment in the Garden area. Police had accused her of operating an organised narcotics supply network in Karachi. Investigators alleged that the network was involved in processing and distributing cocaine and had links with other major cities, including Lahore and Islamabad. According to police, the three cases against Pinky were registered at Gizri Police Station in 2020, 2021 and 2022. She had remained a fugitive in the cases before her arrest. During Thursday’s hearing, Pinky’s defence counsel argued that two other accused persons in the cases had already been acquitted. The lawyer told the court that co-accused Ali and Fehmida were acquitted in 2024. He argued that Pinky had subsequently been implicated on the basis of statements attributed to the acquitted co-accused. The defence maintained that after the acquittal of the two co-accused, there was insufficient legal basis to convict Pinky in the cases. The court accepted the defence arguments and acquitted her in all three cases. Before her acquittal, investigators had made several allegations about Pinky’s alleged role in the narcotics trade. Police claimed she supplied drugs to customers in affluent areas of Karachi, including DHA and Clifton. Investigators also alleged that she personally prepared cocaine and used female riders and online platforms to facilitate deliveries. Police further claimed that her alleged network extended beyond Karachi to cities including Lahore and Islamabad. During interrogation, investigators attributed statements to Pinky regarding the quality and sale of cocaine. Police alleged that two categories of cocaine were being sold through the network at different prices. Pinky, however, made separate allegations during interrogation. She claimed she was being pressured to name politicians and members of the entertainment industry. She also alleged that she had been subjected to physical mistreatment during questioning and accused an investigation officer of threatening her.

  • | | |

    Wheat imports spark farmer anger

    The federal government’s decision to import one million tonnes of wheat has sparked strong criticism from farmers and agricultural experts. The move has raised concerns about Pakistan’s food policy and the country’s continued dependence on imported grain despite being a major wheat producer. Pakistan produces around 31 million tonnes of wheat annually. The crop covers nearly 40 per cent of the country’s cultivated area and remains a major part of the daily diet of millions of people. Punjab is the country’s largest wheat-producing province and contributes almost three-fourths of national production. Farmers and experts say the issue is not simply about wheat availability. They believe repeated imports are linked to weak planning, inaccurate crop estimates, poor storage facilities, post-harvest losses and inconsistent government policies. Population growth and changing weather patterns have also increased pressure on the wheat supply chain. Farmer organisations have strongly opposed the import decision. They say local growers are still struggling to sell their recently harvested wheat. Many farmers claim they are receiving prices below their production costs after spending heavily on seeds, fertiliser, pesticides, diesel and electricity. Growers fear that imported wheat could further reduce local prices. They argue that the government should first ensure that locally produced wheat is purchased at fair rates before turning to international markets. The controversy has also highlighted changes in Pakistan’s wheat procurement system. Under wider economic reforms linked to the International Monetary Fund programme, successive governments have reduced state intervention in agricultural markets. The aim is to limit government losses and encourage greater private-sector participation. The IMF has not directly ordered Pakistan to stop purchasing wheat from farmers. However, governments have moved away from the traditional procurement and support price system. Provincial authorities have also reduced wheat purchases, leaving farmers increasingly dependent on private traders. Farmers say the transition has not been properly managed. They argue that private buyers now have greater influence over prices because of weak market regulation. This has forced some growers to sell their wheat below production costs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *