two women allegedly
| |

Two women allegedly harassed on Karachi streets

Two separate videos showing alleged harassment of women on the streets of Karachi have surfaced, raising concerns about women’s safety in public places.

In the first incident, a motorcyclist allegedly harassed a woman who was walking along a road in Orangi Town. The suspect reportedly approached the woman, committed the alleged act and fled the scene.

According to the footage, the incident took place at around 9am. The video has circulated widely and reportedly shows the suspect’s face clearly enough to assist with his identification.

A similar incident was reported in the Al-Falah area of Malir. In that case, a motorcyclist allegedly harassed a woman while she was walking on the road. CCTV footage of the incident surfaced a day earlier.

The two incidents have sparked concern over the safety of women in Karachi. The circulation of the videos has also prompted calls for authorities to identify the suspects and take appropriate legal action.

No suspect has been arrested in either case so far. There is also no confirmed report of a formal complaint being registered by either of the affected women.

Authorities have yet to provide further details about the incidents or confirm whether investigations have been formally launched.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Mohsin Naqvi’s statement reflects personal o…

    Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry on Friday said Pakistan’s security depends on effective governance, stressing that terrorists must either surrender under the Constitution and the law or face continued military action. Speaking at a media briefing in Rawalpindi, the military spokesperson said Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi’s recent remarks about the country’s governance system reflected his personal opinion and declined to comment further. However, he emphasized that good governance remained essential for ensuring national security and long-term stability. The DG ISPR said the National Action Plan continued to enjoy consensus among all major political parties and noted that most of its objectives, including countering extremism, disrupting terror financing and strengthening institutions, relied on strong governance. He added that Pakistan’s growing population made administrative efficiency more important than ever and said citizens had the right to effective governance. Over 40,000 Counterterrorism Operations Conducted Providing an update on security operations, Lt Gen Chaudhry said security forces had carried out 40,348 intelligence-based operations across Pakistan so far in 2026. He said 2,084 confirmed terrorists had been killed during these operations, averaging nearly 194 operations and 10 militant deaths every day. He added that the highest number of operations had been conducted in Balochistan, while 1,971 operations were carried out in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. According to the military spokesperson, 819 people, including security personnel and civilians, embraced martyrdom during counterterrorism efforts this year, while 28 suicide attacks were recorded nationwide. He also alleged that Afghan nationals were involved in recent terrorist attacks in Tank and Karachi. No Negotiations With Armed Militants The DG ISPR made it clear that there would be no negotiations with armed militant groups. He said militants had only two options: surrender under the Constitution and the law or face continued action by security forces. Explaining the concept of a “hard state,” he said it did not refer to military rule but rather to a country where every individual is equal before the law and all matters are resolved through constitutional and legal mechanisms. Balochistan Facing Coordinated Propaganda Addressing the security situation in Balochistan, Lt Gen Chaudhry said a deliberate campaign was underway to create a false perception that the province was in crisis. He said the Constitution required every citizen to remain loyal to the state and argued that rights should always be accompanied by responsibilities. The DG ISPR alleged that certain elite groups and tribal leaders opposed social progress because they wanted to preserve the existing power structure. He said the state would continue engaging directly with the people of Balochistan instead of those seeking to obstruct development. Highlighting development initiatives, he said Gwadar now had modern healthcare facilities, educational institutions, industrial free zones and major infrastructure projects. He added that Balochistan’s per capita budget allocation exceeded Rs75,000, making it the highest among Pakistan’s provinces. He also said terrorists deliberately targeted labourers, teachers and development projects to slow the province’s progress. Missing Persons and Regional Security On the issue of missing persons, the military spokesperson said the Commission of Inquiry on Enforced Disappearances had received 10,901 cases, of which 9,372 had already been resolved. He stressed that every reported case required proper identification and verification. The DG ISPR further claimed that following what he described as Pakistan’s success during Operation Marka-e-Haq, hostile elements had shifted their focus toward destabilising Balochistan. He alleged that India and the Afghan Taliban regime shared an agenda of supporting terrorism against Pakistan.

  • Foreign TikToker Trashes Goods in Thai Store, Sparks Outrage

    BANGKOK — A foreign woman, believed to be a Kazakhstani influencer, has sparked widespread outrage after filming herself pouring milk over her head and scattering food products across the floor of a convenience store in Thailand, creating a sticky mess that staff were left to clean up while she laughed for the camera. ‘Belgian’ Tourist […]

  • | |

    ‘The Devil Wears Prada 2’ costumes set for celebrity auction

    Fashion enthusiasts will soon have an opportunity to own outfits and accessories featured in The Devil Wears Prada 2. The 2026 sequel brought back the glamorous fashion world of the franchise. It stars Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt and Stanley Tucci, with Lady Gaga also appearing in the film. Christie’s is preparing an online auction featuring selected costumes and accessories worn by the cast. Proceeds from the sale will support charities connected to journalism and the fashion industry. One of the notable pieces going under the hammer is a Gabriela Hearst Niki dress worn by Anne Hathaway’s character, Andrea “Andy” Sachs, during a Hamptons sequence. The dress has an unusual detail that could make it especially appealing to collectors. It still carries the visible stain created during the movie scene. The outfit is estimated to fetch between $3,000 and $4,000 at auction. Another major highlight is a Dries Van Noten tassel jacket worn by Meryl Streep, who reprises her iconic role as Miranda Priestly. The jacket is expected to sell for approximately $4,000 to $6,000. Emily Blunt’s character, Emily Charlton, is also represented in the collection. An Elsa Peretti bone cuff worn by the actress will be among the accessories available to bidders. The striking piece has a retail value of around $107,000, making it one of the most eye-catching items in the auction. The sale will be conducted online through Christie’s, allowing fans and collectors from different parts of the world to participate. Those who want to view the costumes and accessories in person will also have an opportunity to visit a special exhibition in New York during September.

  • |

    Momina Iqbal and Usama Khan team up for new drama Nizaam

    Pakistani television is gearing up for another major drama as acclaimed actors Momina Iqbal, Usama Khan, and Nauman Ijaz are set to share the screen in an upcoming Green TV production tentatively titled Nizaam. The project has already entered the production phase, with filming currently underway, raising excitement among drama enthusiasts eager to see the trio together. Momina Iqbal, who began her career in the fashion industry before transitioning into acting, has steadily established herself as one of Pakistan’s most admired television stars. Since making her acting debut in Parlour Wali Larki, she has taken on a variety of challenging roles that have showcased her versatility. Whether portraying emotionally driven protagonists or strong antagonists, Momina has consistently impressed audiences with her commanding performances. Her role in Do Kinaray further highlighted her ability to balance complex emotions and compelling screen presence, earning praise from viewers and critics alike. Joining her in Nizaam is Usama Khan, one of the most recognizable faces of the younger generation of Pakistani actors. Over the past few years, Usama has built a loyal fan base through a series of memorable television performances. While his recent projects have generated mixed responses, the actor remains a popular name in the entertainment industry. Expectations are high that Nizaam will mark a significant return for him, offering a powerful role that allows him to reconnect with audiences and showcase his acting range. Adding further weight to the cast is veteran actor Nauman Ijaz, whose presence alone often elevates any television project. Widely regarded as one of Pakistan’s finest performers, Nauman has built a remarkable career through unforgettable performances across numerous critically acclaimed dramas. His ability to portray layered, emotionally rich characters has made him one of the industry’s most respected artists. In Nizaam, he is expected to play a pivotal role that will be central to the drama’s narrative. The upcoming serial is written by Fatima Faizan, whose previous work has received attention for its engaging storytelling and strong character development. With a fresh script and an experienced cast, the drama is expected to offer a gripping viewing experience that combines emotional depth with compelling performances. The project is being produced by Multiverse Production for Green TV, a channel that has gained recognition for presenting unique stories and high-quality productions in recent years. Although specific plot details have not yet been revealed, the collaboration between established stars and a talented creative team has already generated considerable anticipation. As filming progresses, viewers are eagerly awaiting more information about the storyline, supporting cast, and official release schedule. Given the popularity of its lead actors and the strong creative team behind it, Nizaam is already emerging as one of the most anticipated Pakistani television dramas expected to premiere in the coming season. Fans will be watching closely for further updates as the production moves toward its official launch.

  • | |

    Diesel cut brings freight fare relief

    RAWALPINDI: Goods transport and long-distance public transport operators have lowered fares following a Rs32.63-per-litre reduction in diesel prices, offering temporary relief to passengers and businesses. The Goods Transport Federation announced a 10 per cent reduction in freight charges, while fares for long-distance routes to nearby areas have been cut by 5 per cent. The fare revision, however, has not extended to all local transport. Taxis, Qingqis and motorbike rickshaws have raised their fares by another 5 per cent after petrol prices increased by Rs3 per litre. The standard stop-to-stop fare remains Rs50. Freight charges have also been reduced significantly on major routes. The cost of transporting containers and trailers from Karachi to Rawalpindi has fallen by Rs50,000, while charges for containers, trailers and heavy vehicles travelling from Karachi to Peshawar have dropped from Rs800,000 to Rs750,000. Transport federations said the reduced fares would remain in effect for only 24 hours. They warned that any increase in petroleum prices expected later in the week would result in the fare cuts being withdrawn proportionately. They further said bookings made by Thursday evening for heavy vehicles, trailers and containers operating on routes including Karachi-Peshawar, Peshawar-Lahore, Karachi and Multan could be revised if fuel prices rise, with additional charges imposed accordingly.

  • Welfare pharmacy seal-off adds to poor patients’ woes

    GUJRAT: The District Health Authority (DHA) has shut down the medical store of the Patients’ Welfare Association at Jalalpur Jattan Civil Hospital following the recent visit of Punjab Secretary for Health and Population Nadia Saqib, a move that has drawn concern from patients, civil society representatives and local residents. The medical store, which had been providing medicines to poor and needy patients on a welfare basis, was closed after Secretary Nadia Saqib’s visit to Gujrat last week. Medical stores at THQ hospitals in Kharian and Kunjah were also closed following the health secretary’s directions, according to official sources. The Health Department’s position is that medicines should not be distributed without a Drug Testing Laboratory (DTL) report. Officials said the Jalalpur Jattan store was sealed because the medicines available there did not have the required DTL reports. They maintained that the department could not allow medicines to be provided to patients without ensuring their quality through the prescribed testing process. However, the closure of the patients’ welfare association’s medical store has raised concerns among local residents, particularly because the association had been supplementing the medicines officially provided by the hospital and helping poor patients who could not afford medicines from private pharmacies. Sources said the official medicine budget of Jalalpur Jattan Civil Hospital was already very low, even when compared with hospitals functioning at the THQ level. Local authorities had therefore engaged civil society and philanthropists to supplement the officially provided medicines and facilitate poor and needy patients. The development has also triggered protests by civil society representatives, who have demanded immediate attention to the shortage of medicines and other healthcare facilities at the hospital, particularly now that the welfare pharmacy is no longer operational. Representatives of the Patients’ Welfare Association have also urged Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz to take notice of the situation and ensure the establishment of a proper THQ hospital at Jalalpur Jattan, permission for the resumption of medicine provision through appropriate channels, and an increase in the hospital’s medicine budget. The association’s representatives have also criticised the frequent changes of medical superintendents at Jalalpur Jattan Civil Hospital and demanded more medical officers and other staff to improve healthcare services. Jalalpur Jattan was upgraded as a tehsil headquarters by former Punjab chief minister Chaudhry Parvez Elahi in 2022. Despite being the second major urban centre of Gujrat district, the tehsil has yet to get a THQ-level hospital for its population of around 700,000, according to local sources. The issue has become particularly sensitive for residents because the Patients’ Welfare Association had emerged as an important support system for poor patients seeking treatment at the civil hospital. While the Health Department insists that medicines must undergo the required testing process before being distributed, local residents argue that the closure has further reduced an already limited source of medicines for needy patients. The situation has now put the spotlight on both the quality-control requirements for medicines and the broader shortage of healthcare resources at Jalalpur Jattan Civil Hospital.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *