mohsin naqvi8217s statement
| |

Mohsin Naqvi’s statement reflects personal o…

Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry on Friday said Pakistan’s security depends on effective governance, stressing that terrorists must either surrender under the Constitution and the law or face continued military action.

Speaking at a media briefing in Rawalpindi, the military spokesperson said Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi’s recent remarks about the country’s governance system reflected his personal opinion and declined to comment further. However, he emphasized that good governance remained essential for ensuring national security and long-term stability.

The DG ISPR said the National Action Plan continued to enjoy consensus among all major political parties and noted that most of its objectives, including countering extremism, disrupting terror financing and strengthening institutions, relied on strong governance. He added that Pakistan’s growing population made administrative efficiency more important than ever and said citizens had the right to effective governance.

Over 40,000 Counterterrorism Operations Conducted

Providing an update on security operations, Lt Gen Chaudhry said security forces had carried out 40,348 intelligence-based operations across Pakistan so far in 2026. He said 2,084 confirmed terrorists had been killed during these operations, averaging nearly 194 operations and 10 militant deaths every day.

He added that the highest number of operations had been conducted in Balochistan, while 1,971 operations were carried out in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

According to the military spokesperson, 819 people, including security personnel and civilians, embraced martyrdom during counterterrorism efforts this year, while 28 suicide attacks were recorded nationwide.

He also alleged that Afghan nationals were involved in recent terrorist attacks in Tank and Karachi.

No Negotiations With Armed Militants

The DG ISPR made it clear that there would be no negotiations with armed militant groups.

He said militants had only two options: surrender under the Constitution and the law or face continued action by security forces.

Explaining the concept of a “hard state,” he said it did not refer to military rule but rather to a country where every individual is equal before the law and all matters are resolved through constitutional and legal mechanisms.

Balochistan Facing Coordinated Propaganda

Addressing the security situation in Balochistan, Lt Gen Chaudhry said a deliberate campaign was underway to create a false perception that the province was in crisis.

He said the Constitution required every citizen to remain loyal to the state and argued that rights should always be accompanied by responsibilities.

The DG ISPR alleged that certain elite groups and tribal leaders opposed social progress because they wanted to preserve the existing power structure. He said the state would continue engaging directly with the people of Balochistan instead of those seeking to obstruct development.

Highlighting development initiatives, he said Gwadar now had modern healthcare facilities, educational institutions, industrial free zones and major infrastructure projects. He added that Balochistan’s per capita budget allocation exceeded Rs75,000, making it the highest among Pakistan’s provinces.

He also said terrorists deliberately targeted labourers, teachers and development projects to slow the province’s progress.

Missing Persons and Regional Security

On the issue of missing persons, the military spokesperson said the Commission of Inquiry on Enforced Disappearances had received 10,901 cases, of which 9,372 had already been resolved. He stressed that every reported case required proper identification and verification.

The DG ISPR further claimed that following what he described as Pakistan’s success during Operation Marka-e-Haq, hostile elements had shifted their focus toward destabilising Balochistan. He alleged that India and the Afghan Taliban regime shared an agenda of supporting terrorism against Pakistan.

Similar Posts

  • |

    FPSC clarifies reports on CSS candidate decline

    The Federal Public Service Commission has formally rejected claims of a 45 per cent decline in the number of candidates taking the Central Superior Services examinations, describing such media reports as factually incorrect and misleading. In an official statement, the commission explained that recent news reports suggesting a sharp drop in youth interest were based on data that had been incorrectly compared and interpreted without proper context, leading to a distorted view of actual participation. To clarify candidate statistics, the commission released official figures regarding the 2025 examination cycle. A total of 64,081 candidates registered for the 2025 Mandatory Preliminary Test screening, an annual preliminary process that the commission noted was completely overlooked in the media’s calculations. For the subsequent 2025 written examination, 18,139 candidates applied and 12,792 ultimately sat for the papers. From these, 354 candidates passed the written phase, 342 were declared eligible following interviews, and 170 candidates received final service allocations across various civil service branches. The commission also pointed out that media analyses had omitted results from the Special CSS 2023 examinations, which allocated 141 candidates to civil service posts. This special iteration was specifically designed to benefit women, minorities, and candidates from underdeveloped regions, further reinforcing the examination as a viable career path for Pakistani youth. Reaffirming its commitment to transparency and accurate data verification, the commission urged analysts and media outlets to verify details before drawing conclusions, maintaining that the civil service remains a top priority and aspiration for the country’s youth.

  • |

    19 dead as 49,000 rush Spain’s Ceuta border

    Spain and Morocco have strengthened security along the border of the Spanish enclave of Ceuta after an unprecedented surge saw around 49,000 migrants cross by land and sea within a single day, triggering a humanitarian and political crisis. Authorities from both countries reinforced border fences and increased security deployments on Friday, effectively halting further mass crossings. Moroccan security forces used water cannons to disperse crowds attempting to reach the enclave, while damaged vehicles and signs of violent clashes were visible near the border. Spanish officials confirmed that at least 19 bodies were recovered from the waters during the chaotic crossings, raising concerns over the growing human cost of irregular migration. Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez was expected to visit Ceuta alongside Interior Minister Fernando Grande-Marlaska to assess the situation and oversee the government’s response. Ceuta, a Spanish territory on Morocco’s northern coast, represents one of the European Union’s only land borders with Africa. While the enclave has experienced migration waves in the past, officials described the latest influx as the largest recorded in recent years. Spain’s government said migrants who entered the enclave illegally would be returned in accordance with Spanish law while respecting recent court rulings and international human rights obligations. Officials believe the sudden increase in crossings may have been influenced by a recent Spanish Supreme Court ruling that placed new limits on the immediate return of migrants intercepted while attempting to reach Ceuta and the nearby enclave of Melilla. On the Moroccan side, thousands of migrants gathered near the border town of Fnideq despite heavy security. Many searched for alternative routes after official crossing points were sealed, while others attempted to reach Ceuta by swimming along the coastline. The crowds included men, women, and children from Morocco as well as several Sub-Saharan African countries. The crisis has sparked political tensions across Europe. Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni warned that Italy could consider extraordinary measures, including suspending participation in the Schengen border-free travel system with Spain, if migration pressures continue to escalate. Italy also criticized Spain’s immigration policies, arguing that recent measures to regularize the status of hundreds of thousands of undocumented migrants could encourage further irregular migration. Spain rejected the criticism, insisting that migration requires a coordinated European response based on solidarity rather than political rhetoric. Spanish officials stressed that migrants contribute to the country’s economy while reaffirming their commitment to tackling illegal border crossings.

  • |

    Oil prices fall over $4 after Trump halts planned Iran strikes

    Global oil prices recorded a significant decline after US President Donald Trump announced that the United States would halt its planned military strikes on Iran, easing concerns over a potential escalation in the Middle East and reducing fears of disruptions to global energy supplies. In international trading, crude oil prices fell by more than $4 per barrel as investors reacted positively to the announcement, leading to a broad sell-off in oil futures. Brent crude, the international benchmark for oil prices, dropped by $4.08 to settle at $83.85 per barrel. Meanwhile, US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude declined by $4.01, bringing its price down to $80.66 per barrel. Market analysts said the sharp decline reflected improving investor confidence after the reduction in geopolitical tensions between Washington and Tehran. The possibility of avoiding direct military confrontation eased concerns about supply disruptions from one of the world’s most strategically important oil-producing regions. The Middle East plays a critical role in global energy markets, and any signs of conflict involving Iran often trigger volatility in crude oil prices. Investors closely monitor developments in the region due to the importance of key shipping routes, including the Strait of Hormuz, through which a significant portion of the world’s oil exports passes. Last month, oil prices surged by more than 20 percent after renewed US military action against Iran and reports that Tehran-backed forces targeted several oil tankers near Oman. Those incidents heightened fears of supply interruptions, driving both Brent and WTI crude to their highest levels in months. With the latest announcement from President Trump, traders have shifted their focus toward the possibility of improved regional stability. However, energy market experts caution that oil prices are likely to remain volatile, as any renewed geopolitical tensions or disruptions to oil transportation routes could quickly reverse the recent decline.

  • | |

    Rain alert as low-level flooding persists

    Rain is expected in several parts of Punjab, upper Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Kashmir today, according to the latest weather and flood forecast. The Flood Forecasting Division in Lahore said water levels remain elevated at several points along the Indus River. Low-level flooding is still being reported at Kalabagh, Taunsa and Guddu barrages. Authorities are continuing to monitor the situation as river flows remain higher than normal at these locations. The flooding at these barrages is currently classified as low-level. Relevant departments are keeping a close watch on water levels and river flows. Meanwhile, the situation at Chashma Barrage has returned to normal. No low-level flooding is currently being reported there. The possibility of rain in parts of Punjab, upper Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Kashmir could affect water levels in some areas. Authorities are expected to remain alert, particularly in areas located near rivers and other waterways. Residents in vulnerable areas have been advised to stay informed about weather and flood updates and follow instructions issued by local authorities.

  • | | |

    Shehbaz, Bangladesh PM set for first Jakarta meeti…

    Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif is expected to meet Bangladesh Prime Minister Tarique Rahman next week in Jakarta, Indonesia. The meeting will be the first between the two leaders since Tarique Rahman assumed office as Bangladesh’s prime minister around six months ago. The meeting is being viewed as significant in light of recent regional developments. Both leaders will be in Jakarta to attend the 12th summit of the D-8 Organisation for Economic Cooperation. The nine-member grouping is focused on strengthening economic cooperation among its member states. The three-day summit is scheduled to begin on Monday, August 17. The summit was earlier postponed in April due to the conflict that emerged in the Middle East. Leaders from member countries are now expected to gather in Jakarta for discussions on regional and economic issues. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif is also expected to hold a meeting with Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian on the sidelines of the summit. The Pakistani prime minister is likely to meet other participating leaders as well. His expected engagements include a meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. The meetings are expected to provide an opportunity to discuss bilateral relations, regional developments and areas of mutual interest. The expected meeting between the Pakistani and Bangladeshi prime ministers also comes amid efforts to strengthen ties between the two countries. Both sides have shown interest in expanding cooperation in different areas. Pakistan has also decided not to seek special permission from India to use its airspace for the prime minister’s journey to Indonesia. Instead, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s aircraft will take an alternative route to reach Jakarta. The change in travel route will allow the Pakistani delegation to proceed with its scheduled participation in the D-8 summit without seeking special approval from India.

  • Thai Military Launches Operation Against Cambodian Troops Encroaching On Sa Kaeo

    BANGKOK – The Thai army’s Burapha Task Force initiated military action against Cambodian forces on Monday in Sa Kaeo province, accusing them of violating Thai sovereignty along the border. The 1st Army announced that the operation was launched “to reclaim Thai sovereign territory” but did not disclose specific locations or operational details, promising further updates […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *