asim munir norway
| | |

Asim Munir, Norway FM push regional security coope…

A high-level Norwegian delegation led by Foreign Minister Espen Barth Eide met Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Defence Forces, Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir, at General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi on Thursday.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the meeting focused on matters of mutual interest, regional security and Pakistan-Norway bilateral relations.

During the meeting, Field Marshal Asim Munir presented Pakistan’s perspective on global peace and regional stability. He stressed the need for greater cooperation and joint efforts to address emerging security challenges.

The two sides also discussed the evolving security environment in the region and the importance of strengthening coordination between Pakistan and Norway.

The Norwegian foreign minister acknowledged the role of the Pakistan Armed Forces in contributing to regional peace and stability.

Both sides expressed their commitment to further strengthening bilateral relations and expanding cooperation, particularly in the fields of defence and security.

The meeting comes as Pakistan continues to engage with international partners on regional security, peace and broader strategic issues. The discussions with the Norwegian delegation provided an opportunity for both countries to explore avenues for deeper institutional and defence-related engagement.

The two sides reaffirmed their resolve to maintain regular engagement and enhance cooperation in areas of mutual interest.

Similar Posts

  • | | |

    Top National Thailand Stories From the Past Week: Death Toll in School Mass Shooting Reaches 9, Chinese Man Gets 46 Years for Military Weapons, and More

    Here is a look at the top NATIONAL Thailand stories, chosen by our Pattaya News/TPN National team, from last week, Monday, August 3rd to Sunday, August 9th. They are not in any particular level of importance but are listed in the order of date of publication. Nonthaburi’s Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department has confirmed a […]

  • |

    Kashmiri film Saffron Kingdom finds new home on Watermelon+

    Filmmaker Arfat Sheikh’s film Saffron Kingdom is now streaming worldwide. It has landed on the Palestinian-owned platform Watermelon+. The release comes after a strong run on the international festival circuit. Sheikh hails from India-Occupied Kashmir. He had earlier described the film as his attempt to reclaim his people’s stories from Bollywood. He said he wanted to take the pen back from an industry he views as a tool of oppression. The story follows Masrat, played by Diana Aras. She is a half-widow, a term used for Kashmiri women whose husbands have been forcibly disappeared by Indian forces. After her husband vanishes, Masrat flees the valley with her young son Rizwan, played by Alex Cheeks. The pair eventually settle in the United States. There, both mother and son must confront the trauma of their years spent living under occupation. Old memories resurface even as they try to build a new life. Sheikh said the film leans heavily on its female characters to carry the emotional core. He called the choice a deliberate allegory. According to him, the story centeres on two women rather than men. He explained that this reflects reality on the ground. Few men remain in India-Occupied Kashmir today, he said. The women who stay behind, he added, reveal what survival under occupation truly demands. Saffron Kingdom premiered at the Wake Forest Film Festival in the United States. It then travelled to six more countries. Screenings consistently drew full houses. The film found strong support from minority communities. Many viewers related to its themes of migration and inherited trauma. With its streaming debut, Saffron Kingdom now sits alongside other politically resonant titles on Watermelon+. These include Oscar nominee The Voice of Hind Rajab and Bafta-winning documentary Gaza: Doctors Under Attack. Pakistan’s 2025 Oscar submission The Glassworker is also part of the platform’s growing library. Together, these films reflect Watermelon+’s focus on stories of occupation, displacement, and resistance. The platform continues to build a catalogue centered on voices often left out of mainstream cinema.

  • |

    Ashley Callingbull calls out cultural appropriation at pageant

    Ashley Callingbull has opened up about her decision to speak out during the Miss Universe Canada 2026 pageant, saying she felt a responsibility to use her platform to raise awareness about cultural appropriation and encourage greater accountability. The 36-year-old pageant contestant became involved in a controversy after contestants Karisa Haverkamp and Jasleen Kaily were photographed wearing outfits that featured prominent elements inspired by traditional Indigenous clothing. The images sparked criticism, with concerns being raised about the use of Indigenous cultural symbols in a pageant setting. Callingbull, who is known for representing and advocating for Indigenous communities, said the situation was deeply upsetting. She explained that seeing the outfits felt disrespectful and described the incident as “a slap in the face to the Indigenous community.” Rather than remaining silent, Callingbull decided to address the issue publicly during the live pageant. She found an unexpected opportunity when she and fellow host Sonny Borelli were preparing to announce the top 20 contestants. At that moment, the teleprompter stopped working, leaving the presenters without their prepared script. Instead of simply waiting for the technical problem to be resolved, Callingbull used the unscripted moment to speak directly to the audience. She delivered a brief but powerful message, saying, “It’s 2026, we should know better.” Her comments immediately drew attention because they came during a highly visible moment of the competition. Callingbull made it clear that she wanted to use the platform to encourage people to think more carefully about cultural representation and respect. Following the controversy, Miss Universe Canada responded to the criticism and stated that causing offense, hurt or misunderstanding was never the organization’s intention. The response came amid wider discussion about cultural sensitivity and the responsibility of public events to ensure that Indigenous traditions and symbols are treated respectfully. Callingbull has since received significant support from people who appreciated her decision to speak up. She said the response has reinforced her belief that public figures can play an important role in encouraging meaningful conversations. For Callingbull, the incident was about more than a pageant or a particular outfit. She believes it was an opportunity to highlight the importance of respecting Indigenous culture and challenging behavior that may be considered inappropriate or insensitive. She hopes the situation will encourage others to find the courage to speak out when they witness something they believe is wrong. By using an unexpected moment on stage to address the controversy, Callingbull showed that even an unscripted statement can draw attention to important social issues and encourage broader conversations about respect, representation and cultural awareness.

  • | |

    Influencer Shay Martin remarries a year after husband’s death

    LOS ANGELES: Social media influencer Shay Martin has announced that she has remarried, nearly a year after the death of her husband, Tanner Martin, marking the beginning of a new chapter in her life. Shay shared the news with her followers through a heartfelt post on Instagram, where she reflected on her journey over the past year and thanked supporters who had stood by her family during one of the most difficult periods of their lives. In a statement, she said she understood that many people had questions about how her life had changed since Tanner’s passing. She explained that she chose to share her story personally so that her followers could hear directly from her rather than through speculation. Shay revealed that she and her late husband had spoken openly about the future before his death. According to her, Tanner had hoped that one day she would find someone who would love both her and their daughter, AmyLou, while respecting the family they had built together. She said those conversations gave her strength to move forward and embrace a new beginning without forgetting the memories she shared with her late husband. The influencer encouraged followers to watch the full video she posted online, saying it explains her emotions, Tanner’s wishes, and the reasons behind her decision to remarry. Shay stressed that starting a new relationship does not diminish the love she continues to hold for Tanner. She said he will always remain an important part of her life and will forever be remembered as AmyLou’s father. She also recalled one of Tanner’s lasting messages, urging people to treat others with kindness and to assume good intentions in difficult situations. Her announcement received widespread attention on social media, with many followers offering messages of support and wishing her happiness as she begins the next phase of her life while continuing to honour the memory of her late husband.

  • Former Abbot of Wat Rai Khing Jailed for 50 Years Over 2 Billion Baht Fraud

    NAKHON PATHOM — The former abbot of one of Thailand’s most well-known temples has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for conspiring with other defendants to embezzle approximately 2 billion baht from temple funds, in a corruption case that has shaken public confidence in the country’s Buddhist clergy. Police Raid Renowned Temple in $9M […]

  • | |

    Italy’s fourth summer heat wave peaks as rec…

    Italy’s fourth heat wave of the summer reached its most intense point on Monday, with a record 25 cities placed under red heat alerts as temperatures climbed above 40 degrees Celsius in parts of the country, according to local media reports. Italy’s Health Ministry raised the number of cities under its highest heat risk warning from 23 on Sunday to 25 on Monday, marking the highest total recorded so far this summer. Only Reggio Calabria and Messina avoided the red alert designation, though both remained under yellow level warnings. The Po Valley and central regions of the country are experiencing the harshest conditions, while inland areas and Sardinia could also see temperatures exceed 40 degrees Celsius. In parts of central and northern Italy, overnight temperatures are expected to stay above 25 degrees Celsius, a pattern meteorologists have described as super tropical nights. The central province of Terni recorded a temperature of 41 degrees Celsius on Sunday. Experts have linked the extreme heat to a persistent African anticyclone combined with continued warming of the Mediterranean Sea, where surface temperatures have reached or surpassed 30 degrees Celsius across much of the basin. Meteorologist Lorenzo Tedici of iLMeteo.it said the accumulated heat is expected to fuel atmospheric instability, warning of strong afternoon thunderstorms forming over the Alps and Apennines. Italy’s Civil Protection Department has issued yellow alerts for heavy rainfall along the Apennine mountain range stretching from Umbria to Calabria, as well as in inland areas of Sicily. Tedici said a genuine shift away from the hottest phase of summer 2026 is unlikely before at least mid August. Authorities have also flagged an elevated risk of wildfires, placing Sicily and Emilia Romagna under orange alerts as the heat wave continues to grip the country. The extreme temperatures fit a broader pattern of intensifying summer heat across southern Europe in recent years, as scientists have repeatedly linked rising Mediterranean sea temperatures and more frequent heat waves to long term climate trends affecting the region’s weather systems.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *