nab lahore hears

DG NAB Lahore hears public complaints at monthly open court

Lahore – Director General NAB Lahore, Mirza Faran Baig chaired the monthly Open Court (Khuli Kachehri) where he met members of the public, listened to their concerns firsthand and directed the relevant officers to ensure the timely resolution of complaints.

A total of 1,200 people attended the open court, the majority of whom were victims of various housing societies and fraud-related cases. More than 350 affectees of Al Jalil Garden and Al Noor Orchard also participated in a special session held during the event where they were given a detailed briefing on the latest progress in their cases.

DG NAB Lahore informed the participants about the ongoing investigations, legal proceedings and efforts being made to restore their legitimate rights. Most of the other complaints received were related to Sarmayadari, Prime Zone, Future Vision, Mid City, Khayaban-e-Amin, Palm Vista, Gatwala Faisalabad, Omega Residencia, Metro City, Shadman Enclave, Century Venture 1, Elite Town, New Lahore City and Pak Arab Housing Scheme.

The affectees appreciated NAB Lahore’s transparent communication and expressed confidence in the institution’s efforts. During the open court, DG NAB Lahore accompanied by senior officers reviewed each complaint in detail and issued directives to the relevant departments for prompt and effective action.

In line with the Chairman NAB’s vision of combating corruption and protecting the public from exploitation, DG NAB Lahore Mirza Faran Baig reaffirmed the Bureau’s commitment to taking strict legal action against individuals involved in corruption and defrauding the public, in accordance with the law.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Bilawal calls for truth commission to end AJK unre…

    PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari has urged the government and protesters in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) to agree on the formation of a truth and reconciliation commission to investigate the violence and political tensions that have gripped the region. Speaking to party workers in Muzaffarabad on Tuesday, Bilawal said the commission could provide a peaceful mechanism to determine the facts behind the unrest and help prevent further loss of life. He said maintaining peace, fairness and transparency was particularly important during the ongoing AJK elections, arguing that the issue should not be treated as a contest between winners and losers. According to Bilawal, the PPP had been advocating a truth and reconciliation commission for about a month. He proposed that protesters suspend their demonstrations while the commission investigates the incidents and presents its findings. He criticised both the authorities and protesters for failing to compromise, warning that ordinary Kashmiris were suffering despite having no connection with either side. Bilawal said those responsible for violence should be identified through an investigation rather than being punished on the streets. He also accused the state of giving greater importance to the interests of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) than to the interests of Kashmir. Bilawal questions AJK election process Bilawal also criticised the conduct of the AJK elections, particularly the violence and allegations of irregularities reported during polling in parts of the region. He claimed that the PPP had a strong mandate in Mirpur and alleged that polling stations were forcibly occupied and party polling agents removed. He also accused rival political workers of using violence to influence the electoral process. According to preliminary election results, the PML-N won nine of the 13 constituencies in the first phase, while the PPP secured four seats. Bilawal rejected the results in several constituencies and alleged that the PPP’s mandate had been compromised. He questioned how PPP candidate Chaudhry Yasin could lose his home constituency and described the result as unacceptable. He also criticised the decision to conduct the AJK elections in three phases, alleging that the arrangement had failed to prevent electoral malpractice. The PPP chairman referred to reports of violence, firing and the death of a political worker, while also raising concerns over internet disruptions in parts of the region. He called on the authorities to decide whether national interests or political considerations would guide their actions in AJK. Bilawal warned that continued violence and political instability could damage the future of the region. He urged PPP workers to remain peaceful but said the party would not accept attacks on its supporters or the alleged seizure of polling stations. He also appealed for political restraint, saying that the PPP wanted to pursue peaceful politics but would continue to defend what it considers its electoral mandate.

  • | | | |

    Dar condemns Houthi attack killing 3 Pakistanis

    ISLAMABAD: Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar has condemned a Houthi attack on a commercial vessel in the Red Sea, saying three Pakistani nationals were killed and another was injured in the incident. Dar described the attack as a serious threat to innocent lives and maritime security. He expressed concern over the loss of Pakistani lives in the incident. The foreign minister said the Pakistani government was in contact with relevant Saudi authorities and the Yemeni government to obtain further details about the attack. He also directed Pakistan’s embassy in Riyadh to provide all possible assistance for the repatriation of the bodies of the deceased Pakistanis. The embassy has also been instructed to facilitate the injured Pakistani citizen and ensure that all necessary assistance is provided. The attack reportedly took place near the Bab al-Mandab Strait, a strategically important maritime passage connecting the Red Sea with the Gulf of Aden. According to Yemeni government and coast guard sources, Houthi forces attacked a cargo vessel in the area. The attack targeted the deck of the commercial ship. Three crew members were reportedly killed in the assault. The incident has raised fresh concerns over the safety of commercial shipping in the Red Sea. The waterway is a major international trade route used by cargo vessels travelling between Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Pakistan is continuing to coordinate with authorities in Saudi Arabia and Yemen to establish further details about the incident and assist the affected Pakistani nationals and their families.

  • | |

    Islamic World can unite like NATO, says Hafiz Tahi…

      Chairman of the Pakistan Ulema Council, Hafiz Tahir Mahmood Ashrafi, has said that the Muslim world has the potential to unite and cooperate in a manner similar to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). Speaking at a press conference in Lahore, Hafiz Tahir Mahmood Ashrafi emphasized the importance of unity and collective efforts among Muslim countries. He said that the Islamic world could work together more effectively if countries focused on common interests and strengthened cooperation among themselves. Ashrafi said that religious scholars have an important role to play in safeguarding Pakistan and promoting peace, stability and unity within society. According to him, the role of the ulema is particularly important at a time when the country faces various social, political and security challenges. He stressed that religious scholars should contribute to strengthening harmony among people and discouraging divisions based on sectarian, political or social differences. He said that unity and consensus were essential for the stability and progress of Pakistan. The Pakistan Ulema Council chairman also spoke about the registration of religious seminaries across the country. He said that around 22,000 seminaries had already completed their registration. He described the development as an important step toward bringing religious institutions into a more organized framework. Ashrafi maintained that cooperation between the government, religious scholars and religious institutions could help address several challenges facing the country. He said that seminaries and their scholars could play a constructive role in promoting education, social responsibility and national cohesion. Referring to the wider Muslim world, Ashrafi suggested that Islamic countries could establish stronger mechanisms for collective cooperation. He pointed to NATO as an example of countries working together for shared security and strategic interests. In his view, Muslim-majority countries also have the potential to develop stronger cooperation if they demonstrate unity and mutual understanding. He said that the Muslim world possesses significant human, economic and strategic resources, but greater coordination is needed to make these strengths more effective. Cooperation among Muslim countries, he added, could help them address common challenges and protect their collective interests. Ashrafi further emphasized that Pakistan’s stability depends not only on government institutions but also on the positive contribution of religious scholars and other segments of society. He called on the ulema to continue playing their role in promoting peace, tolerance and national unity. He reiterated that the Pakistan Ulema Council believes in unity and consensus rather than division. According to him, differences of opinion can exist, but they should not become a source of conflict or weaken the country. The remarks come amid continuing discussions about the role of religious institutions and scholars in Pakistan’s social and national affairs. The registration of seminaries has remained an important issue, particularly in relation to regulation, documentation and the integration of religious education with broader national objectives. Ashrafi’s comments also highlight the importance of cooperation among Muslim countries at a time when the Islamic world faces a range of political, economic and security challenges. He argued that greater unity could provide Muslim countries with a stronger collective voice in international affairs. Concluding his remarks, Hafiz Tahir Mahmood Ashrafi reaffirmed his belief in unity, cooperation and consensus. He said that religious scholars, educational institutions and ordinary citizens all have a role to play in strengthening Pakistan and promoting harmony across society.

  • | |

    Transgender protest turns violent in Karachi

    Police have arrested three transgender persons after registering a case over an alleged attack on the Boat Basin police station in Karachi. The case was lodged by the state following an incident that took place a few days ago. According to police officials, a large group of transgender persons allegedly entered the police station in an agitated state and created unrest inside the premises. They are accused of pelting stones, damaging government property and disrupting official work. Police said the protesters allegedly smashed the windows of vehicles parked at the police station. They also damaged the glass panels of a police mobile and vandalized equipment linked to the Safe City surveillance system. Authorities said the doors of the Safe City monitoring room were also broken during the incident. Officials stated that police personnel tried to calm the protesters and asked them to remain peaceful. However, they claimed that the group continued its protest and refused to leave the premises. According to the First Information Report (FIR), the protesters also allegedly assaulted members of the public who were present at the police station despite repeated warnings from police officers. Eight transgender persons have been nominated in the case, while investigations are continuing to identify and arrest the remaining suspects. Police said the protest erupted after officials detained several beggars under the Beggary Act on the instructions of the assistant commissioner. During the operation, one transgender person reportedly suffered a nosebleed while being taken into custody. According to police, the injury occurred during the detention process. They alleged that the protesters later presented the incident as a case of police torture, which triggered the protest outside and inside the police station. Authorities said an investigation is underway to determine the exact sequence of events. Police are also reviewing available evidence, including surveillance footage, to identify everyone involved in the alleged vandalism and attacks on government property.

  • | |

    PM Shehbaz praises ISPR’s Balochi patriotic song

    ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has praised the singers, performers and production team behind a new Balochi patriotic song released by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) for Independence Day. The prime minister shared the song’s video on X and expressed his appreciation for everyone involved in the project. Shehbaz said the song beautifully reflected the spirit of love for Pakistan. He added that the patriotic composition had filled him with pride. The prime minister particularly acknowledged the artists and singers for presenting the national message through the Balochi language. He said the song showcased the cultural richness of Balochistan while reinforcing feelings of patriotism. He also commended the producers and other members of the team for their contribution. According to Shehbaz, their efforts had successfully conveyed a powerful message of devotion to the homeland. The Balochi-language song forms part of the Independence Day celebrations being held across Pakistan. It combines patriotic sentiments with the region’s distinctive cultural identity. The prime minister said such creative initiatives help highlight Pakistan’s linguistic and cultural diversity. He noted that regional languages provide meaningful ways to express national pride and strengthen a shared sense of identity. Independence Day preparations are underway across the country, with patriotic songs, cultural programmes and other activities planned to mark the occasion.

  • | | |

    Google releases Android 17 QPR2 beta 3 with new fe…

    Google has released Android 17 Beta 3, also known as the QPR2 Beta 3 update, for eligible Pixel devices. The latest beta includes bug fixes as well as several new features and customization options. One of the biggest changes is a redesigned Quick Settings editor. The feature will allow users to arrange toggles and settings according to their preferences. Users can also choose which Quick Settings tiles appear in larger formats. Google is further expanding customization by allowing users to adjust the position of the brightness slider and media player. Additional theming options are also reportedly being prepared for the final release, including adjustable colour hues and more blur effects across different parts of the interface. The Android 17 Beta 3 update also introduces new call-protection features designed to help users avoid social-engineering scams. Additional confirmation dialogs may appear when users dial numbers associated with call forwarding, reducing the risk of unknowingly redirecting their calls to another number. The QPR2 Beta 3 update is currently available to eligible Pixel devices through the beta programme. While some features are already available for testing, Google is expected to introduce further improvements before the stable Android 17 release.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *