gillian anderson makes
| |

Gillian Anderson makes shocking confession about h…

Gillian Anderson has opened up about a deeply personal part of her past, revealing that one of her first relationships was with an older girl during her high school years.

The X-Files star made the candid admission during a recent interview with The Sunday Times. Anderson, 58, reflected on her teenage years and explained that the relationship felt very different from the romantic experiences she would have later in life.

According to Anderson, the relationship was “secretive and illicit” and something the two girls felt they had to hide. She also revealed that a boyfriend eventually discovered the relationship and ended their romance because of it. (Page Six⁠)

At the time, Anderson said she did not identify herself as gay. She had already dated boys, and she explained that she did not have the language to fully understand or describe what she was experiencing.

Her comments offer a glimpse into how Anderson’s understanding of her sexuality developed over time. She has previously spoken publicly about relationships with women, but her latest interview provides more detail about one of her earliest experiences.

Anderson also reflected on her later relationships with women. She explained that, when she was younger, she did not necessarily imagine those relationships becoming lifelong partnerships. Her perspective has since evolved.

Today, Anderson says she does not believe the gender of a person should determine whether they can be considered a life partner. She explained that the person she currently considers her life partner happens to be male, but she could feel the same way about a woman. (The Times⁠)

The actress has been linked to The Crown creator Peter Morgan since 2016, although the pair have generally kept their relationship private. Anderson has also been married twice and has three children. (The Times⁠)

Her openness about relationships comes at a time when sexuality and identity are also central themes in some of her recent work. Anderson stars in Teenage Sex and Death at Camp Miasma, a film that explores sexuality, identity and complicated relationships.

For Anderson, however, the revelation is not simply about her teenage romance. It is about looking back at a younger version of herself and recognizing that she did not always have the words to understand her feelings.

Her latest comments have given fans a rare glimpse into her personal journey while showing how her views on love and relationships have continued to evolve.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Punjab seeks Rs12.5bn for local polls

    The Punjab government is expected to consider a request for Rs12.5 billion to finance the upcoming local government elections in the province. According to official sources, the Punjab Local Government Department has formally sought the funds from the provincial government to meet the financial requirements for conducting the elections. The requested amount is intended to cover the expenses associated with organising the electoral process, including administrative arrangements, polling operations, election staff, logistics and other necessary preparations. Sources said the proposal for the release of funds will be presented before the Punjab Cabinet for approval. The cabinet will review the request and decide whether to allocate the required amount for the elections. An important meeting of the Punjab Cabinet has been convened for today. The meeting is expected to discuss several major policy and administrative matters, with the funding proposal for local government elections among the key agenda items. If the cabinet approves the request, the release of funds will pave the way for the Election Commission and the provincial authorities to begin practical preparations for the long-awaited local government elections. The financial allocation is considered a key step toward ensuring that the electoral process is conducted smoothly and that all logistical and administrative requirements are met on time. Officials believe that timely approval of the funds will help avoid delays in election preparations and support the successful organisation of local government polls across Punjab.

  • | |

    Crazy, Stupid, Love. directors recall Kevin Bacon?…

    Fifteen years after Crazy, Stupid, Love. became a romantic comedy favorite, directors Glenn Ficarra and John Requa are looking back on the making of the film and sharing one behind-the-scenes moment that has stayed with them ever since. The filmmaking duo recently reflected on the 2011 hit while celebrating its enduring popularity. Starring Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Julianne Moore and Kevin Bacon, the film earned praise for its clever storytelling, heartfelt romance and memorable performances. Looking back, the directors admitted there was one piece of advice from Kevin Bacon that they have never forgotten. According to Ficarra and Requa, Bacon encouraged them not to overthink the filmmaking process and reminded them to trust their instincts. His words came during production when the directors were navigating the pressure of managing a major Hollywood ensemble cast. The advice, they said, proved invaluable and has stayed with them throughout their careers. (people.com⁠) The directors also laughed while recalling the lighthearted atmosphere on set. Despite featuring several A-list stars, they said the cast created a collaborative and relaxed environment where everyone was eager to support one another. They credited the actors’ professionalism and sense of humor for making long filming days enjoyable. One of the film’s most iconic moments remains the now-famous shirtless reveal featuring Ryan Gosling, a scene that continues to be celebrated by fans more than a decade later. The directors admitted they never expected certain scenes to become part of pop culture, but they believe the film’s emotional core is what has allowed it to stand the test of time. Released in 2011, Crazy, Stupid, Love. follows recently separated Cal Weaver, played by Steve Carell, as he attempts to rebuild his confidence with the help of smooth-talking bachelor Jacob Palmer, portrayed by Gosling. The film blends romance, comedy and family drama while exploring love at different stages of life. Its surprising twists and heartfelt ending helped make it one of the standout romantic comedies of the decade. Reflecting on the anniversary, Ficarra and Requa said they remain grateful for the lasting affection audiences have shown the film. They noted that hearing fans quote lines and revisit the movie years later has been one of the most rewarding parts of their careers. Bacon’s simple advice to trust the process, they added, continues to influence the way they approach every project. As Crazy, Stupid, Love. celebrates its 15th anniversary, its blend of humor, heart and memorable performances continues to resonate with viewers. And thanks to one unforgettable lesson from Kevin Bacon, the directors still carry a reminder that sometimes the best filmmaking comes from believing in your instincts.

  • |

    How K-pop stars turned concert stages into runways for luxury fashion

    Fashion and music have always crossed paths, but K-pop has taken that relationship to a whole new level. Red carpets and front-row seats used to be where haute couture made its mark, but now concert stages are doing the same job. Every costume change is planned down to the last detail, every embellishment is built to catch the light, and every custom outfit says something about who the artist is. BTS’s ongoing ‘ARIRANG’ tour and ‘BLACKPINK’s’ solo shows have both proven that concert fashion is officially having its moment. What is more, luxury houses are not just dressing these artists anymore, they are designing with them, turning performance costumes into genuine collector’s pieces. For brands, a sold-out world tour means access to a massive, engaged audience eager to study every seam and fabric choice, a crowd that’s often broader than the one watching from the front row at a runway show. K-pop concert looks now blend ready-to-wear, couture and performance-first design, and they have to survive far more than just a photo op. Outfits need to hold up through intense choreography while still fitting the artist’s public image and giving fans something to freeze-frame in fan edits. Stylists are increasingly pulling from designer archives or commissioning fully custom pieces to keep things exclusive. BTS’s Paris tour stop was a masterclass in this. V leaned into Celine’s Parisian tailoring, J-Hope brought youthful energy to Louis Vuitton’s classic menswear, and Jimin wore four custom Dior looks spanning fringed knitwear to Napoleon-inspired jackets. Jin and RM turned to Gucci for leather-and-crystal ensembles, Suga went with a beaded Givenchy suit, and Jungkook wore custom Balenciaga pieces pulled from the label’s latest collections. BLACKPINK’s members have been just as bold. Lisa’s Swarovski-crystal catsuit from her Chicago show later ended up on display at Swarovski’s own crystal museum in Austria. Jennie leaned into archival fashion, wearing vintage Chanel pieces from the Karl Lagerfeld years, while Jisoo and Rosé spotlighted Asian designers, choosing Malaysia’s Ivan Yong and Seoul-based Gyouree Kim respectively. TWICE worked with New York designer Kim Shui for futuristic, metallic-heavy looks, while G-Dragon continues to blur the line between fashion and performance entirely, recently mixing bespoke Chanel tweed with an Amiri sequin suit. Together, these artists are proving that concert wardrobes can be just as fashion-forward as anything seen on a runway.

  • |

    Lionel Messi breaks Leagues Cup record with stunning brace

    MIAMI: Lionel Messi once again proved why he remains one of football’s greatest stars, delivering a brilliant two-goal performance to guide Inter Miami to a thrilling 4-2 victory over Atletico San Luis in their opening Leagues Cup 2026 group-stage match on Wednesday. The Argentine captain etched his name into the tournament’s history by becoming the all-time leading goalscorer in the Leagues Cup. His latest brace took his tally to 14 goals, surpassing every player to have featured in the competition between Major League Soccer (MLS) and Mexico’s Liga MX clubs. Inter Miami’s evening did not begin as planned. Atletico San Luis stunned the home crowd when David Rodriguez found the net in just the fourth minute, giving the visitors an early advantage. However, Messi wasted little time responding, calmly equalising only seven minutes later to restore confidence for the hosts. The momentum quickly shifted in Miami’s favour. Venezuelan midfielder Telasco Segovia completed the turnaround in the 26th minute with a well-taken goal after sustained pressure from the home side. Just before the halftime whistle, Messi struck again with a trademark finish, extending Miami’s lead and putting the match firmly under their control. Deep into first-half stoppage time, Brazilian defender Micael added another goal, capping off an outstanding opening 45 minutes as Inter Miami entered the break with a commanding 4-1 advantage. Although Rafa Llorente pulled one back for Atletico San Luis in the second half, the visitors were unable to mount a serious comeback as Miami comfortably saw out the contest to collect all three points. Messi’s latest performance highlighted his enduring quality and his ability to influence major matches. Since arriving in Florida in 2023, the Argentine icon has transformed Inter Miami into one of North America’s most competitive clubs, leading them to their first Leagues Cup title that same year. Elsewhere in the Leagues Cup, Dallas secured a 2-0 victory over Queretaro, while Leon claimed a narrow 1-0 away win over Nashville in another tightly contested fixture. With Messi in record-breaking form and Inter Miami starting their campaign in style, the 2026 Leagues Cup promises more excitement as the tournament progresses.

  • |

    Hrithik Roshan and Saba Azad spark breakup rumours again

    Rumours surrounding Hrithik Roshan and Saba Azad’s relationship have resurfaced after a purported screenshot from the exclusive dating app Raya went viral on social media. The screenshot allegedly showed a profile featuring Hrithik’s photograph, age and Instagram handle. The bio reportedly described the person as an “Actor/Producer/Entrepreneur” based in Mumbai. Its sudden appearance online sparked widespread discussion, with social media users questioning whether Hrithik and Saba had ended their relationship. However, there has been no independent confirmation that the profile actually belongs to Hrithik Roshan or that the account is genuine and currently active. As a result, the dating-app screenshot remains unverified, despite generating considerable attention online. Amid the speculation, Hrithik and Saba were reportedly spotted together at PVR in Juhu, Mumbai. Their public appearance appeared to contradict the breakup rumours circulating online. The two were seen leaving the cinema together and reportedly walked hand-in-hand, giving the impression that they were still comfortable and close. The couple also appeared to have coordinated their outfits for the outing, with both wearing black T-shirts. Hrithik completed his casual look with a cap as they made their way out of the theatre. Hrithik and Saba have been romantically linked since 2021. Although they initially kept their relationship relatively private, the pair eventually began making joint public appearances. They officially drew wider attention as a couple after attending filmmaker Karan Johar’s 50th birthday celebration together. Since then, Hrithik and Saba have frequently been seen together at social gatherings, events and casual outings. Their relationship has continued to attract significant public interest, particularly because of Hrithik’s status as one of Bollywood’s most prominent actors. Before his relationship with Saba, Hrithik was married to Sussanne Khan. The couple tied the knot in 2000 and later welcomed two sons. Hrithik and Sussanne separated and eventually divorced in 2014, but they have maintained a cordial relationship and continued to co-parent their children. Saba has also developed a friendly connection with Sussanne and has been seen spending time with her and members of her family. Hrithik, meanwhile, shares a cordial relationship with Sussanne’s partner, actor Arslan Goni. Their modern family dynamic has often attracted positive attention from fans. The latest dating-app speculation has therefore remained unconfirmed, while Hrithik and Saba’s recent appearance together has seemingly eased concerns among their followers. Although neither has publicly addressed the latest rumours, their outing at Juhu PVR suggests that the speculation about a possible breakup may not reflect the current state of their relationship. For now, the alleged Raya profile remains unverified, and there is no confirmed indication that Hrithik and Saba have ended their relationship. Fans are likely to continue watching their public appearances for further clues, but any conclusions about their personal lives remain speculative until either of them chooses to comment publicly.

  • |

    Pakistan wins historic double gold at Ju-Jitsu Worlds

    Pakistan achieved a historic milestone at the 2026 World Ju-Jitsu Championship by winning two gold medals and one bronze medal, marking one of the country’s finest performances in the international competition. The championship, being held at the Mubadala Arena in Abu Dhabi, has attracted more than 1,500 athletes from across the world. Competitors are taking part in Under-16, Under-18, Under-21, adult and Masters categories, with the event continuing until August 9. Pakistan’s biggest success came through former Asian champions Abu Huraira and Muhammad Ammar, who secured gold medals in both the Masters Duo and Duo Show events. Their victories created history as it was Pakistan’s first-ever participation in the Masters category at the World Ju-Jitsu Championship. The pair produced outstanding performances throughout the competition, demonstrating exceptional coordination, technical excellence and consistency to finish at the top of both events. Pakistan added another medal to its tally when young athletes Muhammad Yousaf and Muhammad Umar captured the bronze medal in the Under-21 Duo category. The duo impressed judges with their teamwork, precision and discipline during the competition. Yousaf and Umar are also scheduled to compete in the Under-21 Duo Show event, where they will look to add another medal for Pakistan before the championship concludes. Pakistan Ju-Jitsu Federation Chairman Khalil Ahmed Khan congratulated the athletes on their remarkable achievements and described the victories as a proud moment for the country. He said the success would inspire young athletes to pursue excellence in the sport. Secretary General Tariq Ali also praised the national team, saying the results reflected years of dedication, hard work and continuous improvement by Pakistan’s ju-jitsu athletes on the international stage. The federation congratulated Abu Huraira, Muhammad Ammar, Muhammad Yousaf and Muhammad Umar for their outstanding performances and expressed confidence that the national team would continue to achieve success in the remaining events of the championship.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *