iran claims drone
| |

Iran claims drone strikes on US bases

Iran’s military has claimed that it launched a fresh wave of drone attacks targeting US military facilities in Bahrain and Jordan, escalating tensions across the region.

According to Iran’s Mehr News Agency, the Iranian military said its drones targeted Sheikh Isa Air Base in Bahrain. The statement claimed that the strikes hit fuel storage facilities, warehouses containing military equipment, and residential areas used by military personnel.

The Iranian military also claimed that its forces carried out attacks on Muwaffaq Salti Air Base, also known as Al-Azraq Air Base, in Jordan. According to the statement, the strikes targeted aircraft hangars, maintenance facilities, and buildings used to house military personnel.

Iranian authorities did not provide details about the scale of the alleged damage or report whether the attacks caused casualties. The claims also have not been independently verified.

The Iranian military warned that any action against Iran’s interests could further destabilize the region and threaten economic security. The latest claims come amid heightened regional tensions and growing concerns that military confrontations could spread beyond existing conflict zones.

The alleged attacks, if confirmed, would mark a significant escalation in Iran’s military actions against US-linked facilities in the region and could increase pressure on Washington and its regional allies.

Similar Posts

  • |

    India files charges against 13 in medical exam paper leak case

    India’s federal investigation agency has filed charges against 13 people accused of involvement in the leak of question papers for the country’s national medical entrance examination, following weeks of protests over the scandal. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said the accused include subject experts linked to the National Testing Agency, intermediaries who allegedly distributed leaked papers, and individuals associated with coaching institutes. The charges include criminal conspiracy, cheating, breach of trust, and destruction of evidence. All 13 accused are currently in custody, according to the investigation agency. The case relates to the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), which was taken by nearly two million students in May. The examination was cancelled after allegations emerged that questions had been leaked in several areas. A fresh test was later conducted on June 21. The controversy triggered nationwide protests led by students and young activists, with thousands gathering in New Delhi and other cities demanding accountability. The demonstrations intensified after protesters marched towards parliament and faced clashes with police. The unrest eventually led to the resignation of Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, who stepped down after mounting pressure over the handling of the examination crisis. India’s Supreme Court has also intervened in the matter, ordering authorities not to take strict action against protesters and directing the release of detained minors. The court further instructed officials to preserve surveillance footage related to alleged police action during demonstrations. In response to the controversy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has introduced proposed amendments to public examination laws. The changes seek tougher punishments, including longer prison sentences and heavier fines for those involved in exam fraud. Under the proposed rules, those found guilty could face imprisonment of up to 10 years and fines reaching 50 million Indian rupees.

  • | |

    Heart of Nepal mourns Nirmal Purja after Pakistan …

    Nepal: Deep sorrow swept through Nepal as family, friends, teachers, and students gathered at Nirmal Purja’s former school to honor the legendary mountaineer, whose life was tragically cut short in a deadly avalanche on Pakistan’s Broad Peak. At Small Heaven School in Chitwan, candles were lit and flowers placed before a portrait of the celebrated British-Nepali climber, creating an emotional tribute to a man whose remarkable achievements inspired millions around the world. The ceremony took place as rescue teams recovered the 43-year-old’s body following the avalanche that claimed the lives of ten climbers last Thursday. Those who knew Purja long before he became an international mountaineering icon remembered him as a determined and fearless child with extraordinary ambition. Former classmate Dhiraj Bahadur Panta recalled the anxious days when Purja was reported missing, saying friends and admirers across the world had prayed for his safe return. He described the loss as heartbreaking, adding that fate had taken away a man admired by countless people. Teachers also reflected on Purja’s early years, describing him as disciplined, honest, and courageous. Shailendra Baral, who supervised him in the school hostel, said Purja displayed exceptional confidence even as a young student and always stood out for his determination to achieve something meaningful in life. Purja went on to become one of the greatest mountaineers of his generation. In 2019, he rewrote climbing history by scaling the world’s 14 highest peaks in just over six months, smashing a record that had stood for years. His extraordinary accomplishment was later featured in a Netflix documentary, inspiring aspiring climbers and bringing global recognition to Nepal’s mountaineering community. He further cemented his legacy in 2021 by joining the all-Nepali team that completed the first-ever winter ascent of K2, one of the world’s most dangerous mountains. A year later, he returned to his hometown for the screening of his documentary, proudly telling local residents that he hoped his journey would encourage young people to dream beyond their circumstances. Students attending the memorial said Purja’s story had become an enduring source of inspiration within the school. They remembered him not only as a national hero but also as someone who brought immense pride to Nepal through his courage, determination, and unwavering spirit. As tributes continue to pour in from around the world, Nirmal Purja is being remembered not only for conquering the planet’s highest peaks but also for inspiring generations to believe that no dream is beyond reach.

  • | |

    US unable to verify Israeli claims of Iranian plot…

    The United States has been unable to independently confirm several warnings from Israel alleging that Iran was planning to assassinate President Donald Trump, according to current and former US officials familiar with the intelligence. The warnings were reportedly shared with US intelligence agencies over the past year and, in some cases, communicated directly by Israeli officials to senior members of the White House. The alleged plots included plans to target Trump with a sniper or recruit an attacker to use a knife during a major public gathering. According to the officials, the warnings began emerging before the 12-day Israel-Iran war in June 2025 and became more frequent ahead of the US military campaign against Iran in February. One of the most detailed warnings reportedly came before the NATO summit in Ankara in July. Israeli officials informed the White House that Iran might attempt to target Trump while he was travelling aboard Air Force One, potentially using a shoulder-launched missile. However, US intelligence agencies were unable to independently corroborate several of the specific threats. A Turkish official also said that Turkey’s intelligence services found no evidence supporting the Israeli warning concerning a possible attack on Trump during his visit. Despite the lack of confirmation, US authorities took additional security precautions. Among the measures was an unusual deception operation during Trump’s Turkey trip, in which he was reportedly transferred from Air Force One to another aircraft for his return journey. The episode highlights the growing importance of Israeli intelligence in the Trump administration’s assessment of threats from Iran, while also revealing differences between American, Israeli and Turkish intelligence assessments. US intelligence agencies have long assessed that Iran has an interest in retaliating against Trump over the 2020 killing of Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani. However, officials said the CIA has not been able to verify some of the specific assassination claims attributed to Iranian operatives. During the recent US military operations against Iran, some American intelligence assessments reportedly assigned low confidence to Israeli intelligence concerning Iranian threats, including alleged plans to assassinate Trump. The Israeli Embassy rejected the suggestion that Israel was using intelligence sharing to influence US policy toward Iran, arguing that intelligence exchanges were part of the countries’ security relationship. The White House and CIA declined to comment on the reports, while the US Secret Service said it continuously evaluates intelligence and other information to protect the president. The revelations come amid broader concerns over coordination within the US intelligence community. Former officials said cooperation between the CIA and the National Intelligence Council had declined, while staff reductions at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence had also contributed to fewer recent assessments concerning Iran. The conflicting intelligence assessments underline the challenges facing Washington as it balances threats from Tehran with intelligence supplied by its closest regional ally, Israel.

  • |

    Israel says Hezbollah tunnel network destroyed in southern Lebanon

    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Israel Katz announced that Israeli forces had destroyed what they described as a major Hezbollah tunnel network in southern Lebanon. According to a joint statement released on Friday, the underground tunnels in the Beaufort area were considered an important part of Hezbollah’s alleged plan to enter communities in northern Israel’s Galilee region. The Israeli government said the military used around 700 tons of explosives to demolish the tunnel system. Officials described the operation as part of Israel’s continuing efforts to eliminate Hezbollah’s military infrastructure in southern Lebanon. They claimed the action was necessary after accusing Hezbollah of violating the ceasefire agreement that had been reached between the two sides. Before the Israeli announcement, Lebanese media reported a series of powerful explosions across several locations in southern Lebanon. Blasts were heard in the town of Hadatha, around Deir Mimas near Beaufort Castle and in the area between Arnoun and Yahmar. Residents said the explosions echoed across nearby districts and caused widespread concern during the night. The military operation comes only weeks after Lebanon and Israel signed a United States backed framework agreement on June 26 aimed at reducing tensions along the border. The deal outlined a gradual withdrawal of Israeli forces from occupied Lebanese territory while the Lebanese army would expand its presence in the south and armed groups would be disarmed. Although Hezbollah was not named directly, the agreement was widely understood to include the group. As part of the first phase of the agreement, the Lebanese army began deploying forces in the town of Zawtar al Gharbiyeh on July 21 after Israeli troops pulled back from the area. The town was selected as one of the first locations for implementing the security arrangements outlined in the agreement. Despite the deal, tensions remain high. Israel continues to maintain a military presence in parts of southern Lebanon. Some of these areas have been occupied for decades while others have been under Israeli control since the conflict that took place during 2023 and 2024. Reports also indicate that Israeli forces recently advanced more than 10 kilometres into Lebanese territory during their latest operations. According to Lebanon’s Health Ministry, Israeli attacks carried out since March 2 have killed 4,333 people and injured more than 12,200 others. The figures reflect the heavy human cost of the ongoing conflict, which has continued despite diplomatic efforts to restore stability along the border. Lebanon’s National News Agency also reported that large explosions shook the southern regions of Yohmor al Chqif, Arnoun and Kfar Tebnit overnight. The blasts were so powerful that shockwaves were felt in towns far from the affected areas. In the Marjayoun district, explosions near Beaufort Castle reportedly shattered windows and damaged nearby homes in Qlayaa. Residents described strong vibrations and the smell of gunpowder spreading through the area after the blasts. The agency further reported that Israeli forces carried out heavy machine gun fire near al Mansouri and Biyout al Sayyad in the Tyre district while artillery shells struck al Mansouri. Tank movements were also reported near Baraachit hill heading towards Aainata in the Bint Jbeil district as military activity continued across southern Lebanon.

  • |

    Historic post-Brexit deal eliminates Gibraltar-Spain border fence

    In a landmark shift ending decades of physical and bureaucratic division, Spain and Gibraltar have celebrated the dismantling of the land border fence following a treaty signed in Brussels. The post-Brexit agreement, taking effect at midnight, brings an end to land frontier controls and establishes Gibraltar as a de facto participant in the EU’s Schengen free-movement area. The treaty resolves over four years of complex negotiations between the United Kingdom, Spain, Gibraltar, and the European Union. Beyond removing land border gates that have stood since 1908, the accord places responsibility for Schengen passport checks at Gibraltar’s port and airport with Spanish officials, ensuring fluid transit for tourists and the roughly 15,000 Spanish cross-border workers who sustain the territory’s economy. Visiting the frontier municipality of La Línea de la Concepción to watch the physical removal of the barrier, Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez stated that the deal marks an end to “the last wall in continental Europe”, laying the groundwork for shared regional prosperity. Gibraltar’s Chief Minister, Fabian Picardo, emphasised that the historic arrangement delivers economic certainty and seamless movement while preserving the territory’s constitutional protections and British sovereignty intact.

  • | |

    Trump Media charges traders up to $100,000 monthly…

    More than ten firms have signed on to pay for Trump Media’s newly launched service that grants faster access to market moving posts published on its Truth Social platform, the company disclosed during an earnings call this week. The service, called Truth API, went live at the start of August and gives Wall Street traders early visibility into posts from the platform’s most influential accounts before the general public sees them. Interim chief executive Kevin McGurn said the earliest subscribers are largely high frequency trading firms, which pay between $60,000 and $100,000 a month for the access. McGurn detailed the pricing during a call held after Trump Media reported a net loss of $238 million for the April through June quarter, a figure more than ten times larger than the loss the company posted during the same period a year earlier. The steep quarterly loss comes as Trump Media and Technology Group has expanded into ventures far removed from its original media business, including cryptocurrency holdings. Despite still operating at a loss overall, the company says it intends to refocus on its core social media mission going forward. In July, the firm unveiled plans to offer Wall Street firms and institutional investors expedited access to posts on Truth Social, a platform where President Trump regularly shares public announcements. Critics have described the arrangement as a potential edge for subscribers looking to trade stocks and other actively traded assets ahead of market moving news. The initiative has also raised legal and ethical questions, particularly around the fact that a company in which the president’s family holds a majority stake could financially benefit from his own public statements reaching paying subscribers faster than the general public. In its earnings statement released Monday, Trump Media described the new offering as a service expected to generate a new revenue stream for the company. McGurn said executives believe the product will grow into a meaningful and durable source of income alongside the company’s broader media strategy, which already includes advertising and digital asset ventures. He added that Truth Media is also exploring potential partnerships with technology companies, news organizations and betting markets. The company reported revenue of $1.7 million for the quarter, an 89 percent increase compared with the same period last year, though the overall loss stemmed largely from declining cryptocurrency values. Trump Media said it closed the quarter holding total assets of $2 billion, including roughly $1.9 billion in financial assets made up of cash, short term investments and digital currencies. The firm continues to expand into new territory, including additional cryptocurrency holdings and clean energy investments. Markus Thielen, an analyst at 10x Research, described Trump Media as functioning more like a crypto holdings firm wrapped around a media company, noting that the bulk of its recent losses trace back to that crypto focused strategy. He said the company is working to diversify beyond its digital asset exposure into areas like social media services, though those newer ventures have not yet produced significant revenue. Earlier this month, Trump Media abandoned a planned partnership with Crypto.com that would have introduced prediction market features on the Truth Social platform.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *