islamabad police receive
| | |

Islamabad police receive 30 new vehicles after 14 …

The Islamabad Police has received 30 new vehicles for 27 police stations in the federal capital after a gap of 14 years, in a move aimed at improving police mobility and reducing emergency response times.

Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi and Minister of State for Interior Tallal Chaudhry handed over the vehicle keys to police officials during a ceremony at Police Lines on Saturday.

Speaking at the ceremony, Naqvi said modern policing could not be achieved without providing police with functional and adequate transport. He said the newly provided vehicles would help officers respond to emergencies more quickly and perform their duties more effectively.

The interior minister said the government was making efforts to provide Islamabad Police with the resources required to improve public safety and maintain security in the capital.

He also said work was underway on the construction and upgrading of police stations across Islamabad. According to him, the projects would be completed soon and would improve the working environment and operational capacity of the force.

Naqvi highlighted the inclusion of electric vehicles in the government’s efforts to promote environmentally friendly policies. He said the use of electric vehicles would also help reduce expenditure on petroleum products.

Tallal Chaudhry said the new vehicles had been distributed among all 27 police stations in Islamabad. He pointed out that police personnel had previously been operating vehicles that were around 14 years old, creating difficulties for effective field operations.

The minister of state said rehabilitation and construction work at the capital’s 27 police stations was also in progress and was expected to be completed by the end of the year.

He further disclosed that around 9,000 new personnel were being recruited to address the shortage of manpower in Islamabad Police. He said the recruitment process would be conducted strictly on merit.

Similar Posts

  • | | | |

    Roman-Era masterpiece found hidden beneath fields …

    Archaeologists have uncovered a stunning 4th-century Roman mosaic beneath farmland in England, offering new insight into life during the period when Britain was part of the Roman Empire. The remarkable mosaic was discovered at the remains of an ancient Roman villa in Devon. Made from thousands of colorful stones arranged into intricate floral patterns, the artwork is believed to date back to the fourth century AD. The discovery provides fresh evidence of the wealth, architecture and cultural influence that existed in Roman Britain. The Roman Empire controlled much of Britain from around AD 43 until around AD 410, leaving behind numerous settlements, villas, roads and other archaeological remains. Alongside the mosaic, archaeologists discovered a large and sophisticated Roman bathhouse near the site. The complex reportedly contained several small pools, walls decorated with colorful plaster and a range of other ancient artifacts. The excavation was carried out over a two-month period by archaeologists from the University of Exeter and Cotswold Archaeology. Volunteers also participated in the work, helping researchers investigate the agricultural land located between the Devon villages of Hill Barton and Sampford Peverell. The archaeological team already knew that the Roman villa and surrounding working areas were potentially important for understanding the spread of Roman culture across Devon. However, the latest findings have revealed that the site was considerably larger and more significant than previously understood. Project leader Dr Susan Greaney said the discoveries could help researchers better understand Roman cultural influence and its interaction with local communities in the region. The detailed mosaic is particularly significant because such decorative artwork can provide clues about the status and lifestyle of people who lived at Roman villas. Its elaborate design and the presence of a substantial bathhouse suggest that the site was an important settlement rather than a simple rural dwelling. Archaeologists will now continue studying the discoveries and artifacts recovered from the site. Researchers hope the evidence will shed more light on how people lived, worked and adopted Roman customs in southwest England nearly 2,000 years ago. The Roman mosaic discovered in Devon is another reminder of how much of Britain’s ancient history remains hidden beneath modern farmland. Further archaeological investigation could reveal even more about the communities that lived in the region during the final centuries of Roman rule.

  • | |

    Raja Pervaiz Ashraf urges PPP to boycott final AJK…

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader Raja Pervaiz Ashraf on Sunday said the party should consider rejecting the results of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) elections and boycott the third phase of polling, alleging widespread irregularities and electoral misconduct. Speaking at a press conference alongside PPP leader Sherry Rehman and other party members in Islamabad, the former prime minister clarified that the proposal reflected his personal opinion, adding that the final decision would be made by the party’s central leadership. Ashraf alleged that the elections were neither free, fair nor transparent, warning that such results would fail to gain public acceptance. He said political workers were well aware of constituencies where the party had strong support and accused the authorities of manipulating outcomes in areas where the PPP expected to perform well. Expressing disappointment over the second phase of the AJK elections, he said the PPP had already submitted documented evidence of irregularities during the first phase. He referred to one constituency where polling could not be held because election materials allegedly failed to reach polling stations. Ashraf questioned the explanation, saying election materials are normally delivered a day before polling and not on election day. He argued that such failures reflected serious administrative shortcomings. The PPP leader also alleged that party workers were assaulted and forcibly removed from polling stations during voting. He said the PPP had formed a joint committee with its coalition partner, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), after the first phase in the hope that the Election Commission would ensure greater vigilance during the second phase. However, he claimed that similar incidents were repeated despite those efforts. While acknowledging that the PML-N remains a coalition ally, Ashraf questioned the party’s role in the alleged irregularities. He asked whether such conduct was consistent with democratic values and said transparent elections were the Election Commission’s foremost constitutional responsibility. He further alleged that the Chief Election Commissioner had failed to take action on any major complaint and accused the Election Commission of acting under the influence of a political party. According to Ashraf, the overall conduct of the elections suggested that the process had been pre-planned. The former prime minister also alleged that current AJK Speaker and Acting President Chaudhry Latif Akbar was physically attacked by PML-N supporters. He claimed that Akbar was abused, assaulted and punched during the incident, criticising attempts to describe the episode as a mere verbal altercation. Ashraf further claimed that a long-time PPP worker was killed in the Khawra constituency and questioned the credibility of an electoral process in which, he alleged, violence had overshadowed voting. He also referred to the Kotli constituency, where polling reportedly could not be completed because election materials did not reach polling stations, saying it was the Election Commission’s responsibility to ensure timely delivery. He added that voting was also suspended at several polling stations in the constituency of Bazil Naqvi.

  • | |

    ‘I got so much love’, Sunny Deol on Pakistan Kartarpur Corridor visit

    Bollywood actor Sunny Deol has recalled his visit to the Kartarpur Corridor, saying he received considerable affection in Pakistan despite the political tensions between the two neighbouring countries. Deol made the remarks while promoting his latest film, Batwara (1947), which was released in India and several other countries on Friday. During a recent interview, the actor was asked whether he had ever travelled to Pakistan. Deol clarified that he had never formally visited Pakistan, but had the opportunity to travel to the Kartarpur Corridor when it was opened. As the corridor falls within his parliamentary constituency, he was included in a delegation that visited Kartarpur. Recalling the experience, Deol said he was surprised by the warmth he encountered on the Pakistani side. “I received a lot of love in Pakistan,” the actor said, adding that members of the military also expressed affection and spoke to him about his films. According to Deol, some of those he met told him they admired him but asked him not to make films portraying Pakistan negatively because they felt a strong connection with him as an actor. Deol said his response was that he was only performing a character in films and that the views of a fictional character should not necessarily be confused with his personal beliefs. The actor also spoke about the wider human dimension of relations between India and Pakistan. He said people naturally love their own countries but argued that innocent civilians should never be targeted. His comments come as Deol promotes Batwara (1947), a film dealing with the turbulent period surrounding the Partition of British India. The Kartarpur Corridor, which links India with the Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan, has long been viewed as an important religious and people-to-people connection between the two countries. Deol’s recollection has attracted attention because of his long association with patriotic and action-oriented Bollywood roles, some of which have featured strong anti-Pakistan themes. His latest remarks, however, offered a more personal perspective, highlighting how an encounter across the border left him with memories of warmth and affection.

  • | |

    Forensic report reveals new findings in Mir Raza c…

    KARACHI: The forensic examination of a shirt belonging to Karachi youth Mir Raza has been completed. The report has been received by the police and is now being examined as part of the investigation. According to investigative sources, traces of hydrochloric acid were reportedly detected on the shirt during the chemical analysis. The sources also said that substances associated with a sedative were found in a blood sample taken from Mir Raza. The chemical examination was conducted to determine whether the shirt contained any material that could help investigators understand the circumstances surrounding the incident. The findings are expected to be considered along with other forensic evidence collected during the investigation. Investigators also reported the presence of gunshot residue (GSR) on the waist area of Mir Raza’s shirt. Sources said the concentration of GSR was higher around the waist section. They said this finding could provide investigators with important information about the direction and circumstances of the shooting. However, the forensic findings are expected to be assessed alongside other evidence before investigators reach any final conclusion. Police are also examining other aspects of the case to establish what happened. Meanwhile, further shortcomings in the investigation have reportedly emerged. Investigative officials said several important steps had not been completed despite days having passed since the incident. According to officials, geofencing of the crime scene has not yet been carried out. Geofencing could help investigators identify mobile devices that were present in or around the area at the relevant time. Officials also said that Mir Raza’s mobile phone data had not been obtained. The phone record could potentially help investigators establish his movements and identify contacts or activities around the time of the incident. Another issue raised by investigators concerns Mir Raza’s smartwatch. Officials said its forensic examination had also not been conducted. Such devices can sometimes contain information about movement, activity and other data that may assist an investigation. The latest findings have added new elements to the case. Investigators are now expected to examine the forensic report along with other available evidence. The police are also facing questions over why some investigative procedures were not carried out earlier. The family has previously called for a thorough investigation and answers about what happened to Mir Raza.

  • |

    Rawalpindi division marks Independence Day with fe…

    RAWALPINDI: The 79th Independence Day of Pakistan was celebrated across Rawalpindi Division with patriotic zeal, as citizens from different walks of life renewed their commitment to the country’s progress, peace and prosperity. Government offices, educational institutions, hospitals and public organisations held flag-hoisting ceremonies and other activities. Officials, parliamentarians, students, teachers, lawyers, journalists, workers and civil society members took part in the celebrations. At Benazir Bhutto Hospital, MNA Tahira Aurangzeb and Punjab Parliamentary Secretary for Information and Culture Shazia Rizwan hoisted the national flag. Medical Superintendent Dr Sharjeel, doctors and hospital staff welcomed the guests and presented them with bouquets. Rawalpindi Women University organised a ceremony featuring a Guard of Honour, flag hoisting, the national anthem, prayers and cake cutting. The university also launched its new anthem. Vice Chancellor Prof Dr Tayyaba Zarif paid tribute to the sacrifices behind Pakistan’s creation and stressed the importance of education, discipline, character and responsible citizenship. She also highlighted women’s education as a key factor in the country’s development. Faculty members and students later planted trees as part of the celebrations. The Suthra Punjab Agency Head Office also hosted an Independence Day ceremony attended by Senator Nasir Mahmood Butt, Rawalpindi Waste Management Company Board members Hafiz Abdullah Butt and Tanveer Akhtar Sheikh, MD Suthra Punjab Agency Rawalpindi Rana Sajid Safdar, officers and employees. The main flag-hoisting ceremony for Rawalpindi District took place at a local hotel, where Rawalpindi Division Commissioner Salman Ghani and Deputy Commissioner Captain (Retd.) Nadeem Nasir hoisted the national flag. A Punjab Police contingent presented a Guard of Honour, while participants offered prayers for Pakistan’s security, stability and prosperity. Students performed national songs and expressed their patriotism. At the Rawalpindi Arts Council, Punjab Parliamentary Secretary Shazia Rizwan led another flag-hoisting ceremony and urged citizens to play their role in the country’s development. Independence Day events also took place at press clubs, political party offices and other public institutions across the city, reflecting the people’s shared resolve to build a peaceful, prosperous and progressive Pakistan. Meanwhile, Attock also marked Independence Day with patriotic enthusiasm. On the directions of Deputy Commissioner Dr Mudassar Ahmed Shah, Additional Deputy Commissioner (Municipal Services) Aneel Saeed attended a ceremony in Mehria Town, where he hoisted the national flag and cut a cake. Aneel Saeed later visited District Jail Attock, distributed sweets among prisoners and inspected cleanliness, food and medical arrangements. He directed the jail administration to ensure prisoners received all basic facilities. He also watched a kabaddi match organised for inmates and distributed prizes among the top-performing players. He said sports activities help promote positive thinking, discipline and healthy competition among prisoners.

  • Thailand Raises Diesel Price by Another 3.50 Baht per Liter

    BANGKOK — Diesel prices will rise another 3.50 baht per litre to 44.24 baht at service stations across Thailand on Thursday morning, marking a 48 percent increase from just one month ago as the government continues to scale back fuel subsidies. Thai Government to Promote B20 Biodiesel as Cheaper Alternative PTT and Bangchak subsequently announced […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *