president donald trump
|

US President Donald Trump backtracks on promise allowing Ukraine to produce Patriot missiles

US President Donald Trump has walked back his previous offer to grant Ukraine a license to domestically produce Patriot interceptor missiles, stating during a Cabinet meeting at Camp David that the United States has “not agreed” to share the technology.

Trump expressed caution over transferring sensitive defense hardware, warning that “they can someday turn on you” and emphasising the need to safeguard advanced military systems.

The reversal comes just three weeks after Trump publicly promised Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at a NATO summit in Ankara that Washington would grant Kyiv the manufacturing rights to build the air defense interceptors.

Although Zelensky recently stated after a White House visit that the production licensing had been approved, Trump clarified that no final commitment has been made. The decision arrives as Kyiv faces intensified Russian drone and ballistic missile strikes, with Ukrainian military officials warning that critical shortages of Patriot interceptors are severely compromising their air defense capabilities.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Gaza funeral held for 112 bodies retrieved from ru…

    Palestinians in Gaza held funeral prayers on Tuesday for 112 people whose remains were recovered from the rubble of homes destroyed during the war between Israel and Hamas. Thousands of mourners gathered for the funeral in Gaza City’s Sabra neighborhood, where the bodies, draped in Palestinian flags, were laid out near the ruins of the destroyed homes before the procession began. The victims are set to be buried afterward at the Baptist Cemetery in the Zeitoun neighborhood, south of Gaza City. The dead belonged to the Al Hasayneh and Abu Sharia families, who were killed when their homes were bombed while they were sheltering inside on November 23, 2023. Given the scale of the casualties, the funeral ranks among the largest recorded in Palestinian history. Civil defense teams recovered the bodies from the rubble on Saturday. A Civil Defence statement said the victims included 40 children, 38 women and seven people with disabilities. Civil Defence official Mohammad Abu Dan said search teams have so far been unable to locate 157 additional bodies still believed to be buried under the rubble. More than 73,000 people have been killed and over 174,000 injured in Gaza since the war began in October 2023, according to local health authorities. Despite a ceasefire agreement that took effect on October 10, 2025, Israeli forces have continued carrying out attacks across the territory, killing 1,250 Palestinians and injuring 4,110 others since the truce began, Gaza’s Health Ministry said. Palestinian authorities estimate that around 9,500 people remain missing under the rubble of buildings destroyed across the territory. A day earlier, at least 19 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire over a 24 hour period, pushing the overall death toll since October 2023 to 73,375, according to the Health Ministry. Officials said the toll included 18 people killed directly by Israeli forces and one person who died from wounds sustained in an earlier attack. The ministry reported that 35 additional injured people were taken to hospitals during the same period, bringing the total number of injuries to 174,220. The ministry said Saturday that 152 people were killed in Gaza during July, the highest monthly death toll recorded since the start of the year, despite the ceasefire that took effect in October 2025. The truce followed nearly two years of war that began on October 8, 2023, and caused widespread destruction across the territory, affecting an estimated 90 percent of civilian infrastructure. The United Nations has put the cost of reconstruction at approximately 70 billion dollars, underscoring the scale of rebuilding that lies ahead even as sporadic violence continues despite the formal end of large scale hostilities.

  • | |

    Kangana Ranaut renews attack on Hrithik Roshan

    Kangana Ranaut has once again addressed her long-running feud with Hrithik Roshan after a viral social media trend reignited public discussion about their 2016 controversy. The actress and BJP MP shared a strongly worded message on Instagram, accusing Roshan of encouraging online criticism directed at her and urging him to stop “adding fuel to the fire.” The renewed controversy began after Kangana faced backlash for comments she made about a recent Gen-Z protest in India over alleged corruption in the education system and examination paper leaks. During her remarks, she criticised the protesters, described them as part of a problematic generation and referred to young women as “Generation Gutter,” prompting widespread criticism on social media. As criticism of Kangana intensified, many users revisited her highly publicised dispute with Hrithik Roshan. The discussion quickly evolved into a viral online trend under the slogan: “The World owes Hrithik Roshan an apology.” The trend referred to the actors’ long-running legal and public battle that began in 2016. The dispute originated when Kangana, during an interview, referred to Hrithik as her “silly ex.” Roshan denied that the two had ever been in a relationship, after which both stars exchanged legal notices and accused each other of harassment and defamation. The case ultimately concluded without a definitive legal finding because of insufficient evidence, although public opinion remained sharply divided. As the latest trend gathered momentum, Hrithik responded by commenting on an Instagram post shared by influencer Freddy Birdy. Rather than embracing the online campaign, the actor urged people to avoid taking sides without considering the full context. He wrote: “My friend, siding with ‘A’ just cause you don’t like ‘B’ anymore is a small part of the larger systemic issue plaguing our society. I’ll wait, for when the context to it is the right one, and motivated by facts. That would be fair. But then again, who cares anymore right?” Kangana later responded through her Instagram Stories, directly addressing Roshan and urging him not to encourage those attacking her online. She wrote: “Dear Hrithik, I am happy that you have found your perfect match, Saba Azad and you both look great together, you are in a committed relationship and it doesn’t suit you to tease a woman like this. Instead, you should condemn all those who are harassing and bullying me using your name.” The actress then added another pointed remark, saying: “Stop adding fuel to fire and embarrassing your partner. Hope better sense prevails and you stop making unreasonable comments.” Her latest statements quickly went viral, generating another wave of reactions across social media. While some users supported her right to respond, many others criticised the actress, arguing that reopening the years-old dispute was unnecessary. The exchange has once again brought one of Bollywood’s most talked-about celebrity feuds back into the spotlight. Although nearly a decade has passed since the original controversy, the latest online trend and subsequent responses from both actors demonstrate that the dispute continues to attract widespread public attention whenever it resurfaces. 

  • | | |

    Pakistan ‘not a hard state’, says DG I…

    Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry, Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), said on Friday that Pakistan cannot yet be described as a “hard state,” stressing that the country’s laws must apply equally to all citizens without discrimination or elitism. Speaking at a press conference focused on the security situation in Balochistan, the military spokesperson said the briefing aimed to address concerns about the province and explain the broader national security landscape. He clarified that the term “hard state” does not refer to military rule but to a system where the rule of law is upheld uniformly, every citizen is treated equally, and all issues are resolved through legal and constitutional mechanisms. The DG ISPR urged citizens to balance demands for rights with their constitutional responsibilities. Referring to Article 5 of the Constitution, he said loyalty to the state and obedience to the Constitution and the law are fundamental obligations of every Pakistani. He added that national identity should take precedence over provincial or ethnic affiliations, emphasizing that every citizen’s foremost identity should be Pakistani. Highlighting the country’s counterterrorism efforts, Lt Gen Chaudhry said security forces have conducted 40,348 intelligence-based operations (IBOs) across Pakistan so far this year, averaging around 194 operations daily, with a significant number taking place in Balochistan. According to the military spokesperson, security forces have eliminated 2,084 terrorists during 2026, averaging nearly 10 militants killed each day. He said 3,145 terrorist incidents have been recorded this year, while 819 people have lost their lives, including 303 Pakistan Army personnel, 194 members of law enforcement agencies, and 322 civilians. He also revealed that 28 suicide bombings have occurred this year, claiming that most of the attackers were Afghan nationals. He said Afghan citizens, along with individuals linked to Afghan security forces, were among those killed or arrested during counterterrorism operations. Comparing recent years, the DG ISPR said security forces killed 2,597 terrorists throughout 2025, while the total for 2026 has already reached 2,084. He noted that the effectiveness of counterterrorism operations has improved over time, with security forces now inflicting heavier losses on militant groups. Responding to questions about the increase in terrorist incidents, Lt Gen Chaudhry said militant groups affiliated with the Taliban have intensified their activities because Pakistan has adopted a firm stance against them. He added that the rise in reported incidents also reflects the growing number of proactive intelligence-based operations, which lead to more engagements between security forces and terrorists. He reaffirmed that Pakistan’s security forces remain committed to eliminating terrorism and maintaining stability across the country, particularly in Balochistan.

  • | |

    Woman booked over alleged airport misconduct

    A case has been registered against a female passenger over alleged misconduct and resistance towards immigration officials at Islamabad International Airport. The case was registered against the passenger, identified as Rabia, following a complaint filed by the Federal Investigation Agency’s (FIA) immigration authorities. According to police, the woman was scheduled to travel to the United Arab Emirates on a private airline under a family visit visa. She was stopped during the immigration process for further verification of her travel documents. Officials said the passenger was travelling on a paper-based visa, for which the airline was required to obtain an OK-to-Board (OKTB) verification before allowing her to travel. The airline staff reportedly took her boarding pass for the required verification process. According to the First Information Report (FIR), the passenger allegedly misbehaved with immigration officials and resisted their instructions during the process. The FIR further alleges that she attempted to take back her passport and other documents from the immigration staff and issued threats to officials. The incident was also reportedly recorded on video, which was later uploaded to social media. Police said the passenger was offloaded from the flight because of her alleged non-cooperation and resistance during the immigration procedure. Following the incident, she was taken to the police station at Islamabad International Airport for further legal proceedings. Authorities also took several items into custody, including her passport, mobile phone, Rs17,000 in cash, handbag and trolley bag. Police said further investigation into the incident was under way and the allegations would be examined as part of the legal process.

  • | |

    PML-N wins LA-27 as PPP takes LA-28

    The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) shared victories in the delayed second phase of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Legislative Assembly elections, with each party securing one constituency in Muzaffarabad, according to unofficial and provisional results. The polling in LA-27 Muzaffarabad-I and LA-28 Muzaffarabad-II was held after voting in several polling stations was postponed on August 2 due to heavy rainfall and landslides that disrupted transportation and created safety concerns for voters and election staff. In LA-27 Muzaffarabad-I, PML-N candidate Noreen Arif was declared the winner after receiving 18,919 votes. She defeated Sardar Tabarak Ali of the Istehkam-e-Pakistan Party (IPP), who secured 18,621 votes, giving the PML-N candidate a narrow lead of 298 votes. Meanwhile, PPP candidate Bazil Ali Naqvi emerged victorious in LA-28 Muzaffarabad-II. He received 28,170 votes, defeating PML-N candidate Chaudhry Shehzad, who polled 26,864 votes. The unofficial results gave Naqvi a winning margin of 1,306 votes. Election authorities had postponed polling at 57 polling stations across the two constituencies after severe weather and landslides affected access to several areas. Once conditions improved and logistical arrangements were completed, voting was conducted peacefully under the supervision of election officials. With the completion of vote counting, the unofficial results confirmed PML-N’s continued dominance in the Muzaffarabad Division. The party has secured 15 of the division’s 21 seats, while the Pakistan Peoples Party has won six seats, making it the second-largest political force in the region.

  • |

    Typhoon Dolphin hits China

    Typhoon Dolphin made landfall in eastern China’s Zhejiang province on Sunday, bringing powerful winds and heavy rain after authorities issued the country’s highest-level typhoon warning. China’s National Meteorological Centre said the storm reached the coast near Yuhuan City at around 5:30pm local time, with winds exceeding 150 kilometres per hour. The typhoon disrupted air and sea travel across the region. Nearly 1,400 flights at Shanghai’s two main airports were cancelled, while Hangzhou airport reported another 270 cancellations. Authorities also suspended more than 200 ferry routes in Zhejiang and Fujian. China evacuated nearly 99,000 people from high-risk areas in Fujian ahead of the storm. Officials also suspended work and transport services in several locations along the typhoon’s expected path. The storm affected neighbouring areas as well. Taiwan cancelled more than 180 flights and suspended dozens of ferry services after heavy rain and strong winds hit the north. In Japan’s Okinawa, seven people suffered minor injuries, while more than 5,000 households lost electricity. Hong Kong also experienced unusually high temperatures. The Hong Kong Observatory recorded 36.9°C and warned that hot weather could continue through Tuesday as warm air from the storm moved over the territory. The weather centre expects Typhoon Dolphin to weaken as it moves northwest across eastern China. However, heavy rain could continue in Shanghai and parts of Zhejiang, Fujian, Anhui and Jiangsu through Monday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *