kanye west calls
|

Kanye West calls Yeezy ‘the Apple of clothing’ after sellout

Kanye West is once again making bold claims about his fashion brand. The rapper and designer recently took to X to declare that no other fashion label can match Yeezy’s cultural pull.

He claimed that regardless of how large a fashion brand becomes, none can draw a crowd of 120,000 people in a single night the way Yeezy can. The comment quickly drew attention online.

West’s statement came as he celebrated a major milestone for the brand, tied to the launch of its new YS-01 slides. The product, released in multiple colourways, reportedly sold out almost immediately after going live.

Riding that momentum, West doubled down on his claims about Yeezy’s broader cultural influence. He described the brand as essentially the Apple of the clothing world.

This is not the first time West has drawn that particular comparison. Back in 2020, during an interview with The Wall Street Journal, he made a similar point about his ambitions for the label.

At the time, he explained that creating something akin to Apple in the fashion space, or the next Gap, would require an entirely new kind of invention. He said the goal was to build something so effective it eventually becomes invisible, simply accepted as the norm rather than credited as an innovation.

West’s latest comments reflect that same long-standing vision, tying the brand’s current commercial momentum back to the broader ambition he has spoken about for years. Whether or not Yeezy can sustain that level of cultural dominance long-term remains to be seen, but for now, the rapid sellout of its latest product appears to support at least part of his claim.

With Yeezy continuing to generate buzz around each new release, West shows no signs of dialing back his confidence in the brand’s staying power.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Murad vows action as Mir Raza murder probe uncover…

    KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has assured the family of murdered businessman Mir Raza that the investigation will be conducted fairly and that those responsible for any police or medico-legal lapses will face action once the case is concluded. Speaking to reporters at the Arts Council Karachi on Tuesday, the chief minister said the proposed judicial commission was not meant to investigate the murder itself. He explained that the police were responsible for probing the killing, while the commission was intended to examine shortcomings in the handling of the case by police and medico-legal authorities. Murad said the provincial government had initially discussed the commission with Mir Raza’s parents through the home minister and Karachi mayor, and the family had agreed to the proposal. However, after the family later withdrew its support, the government respected their decision. Meanwhile, investigators have received the chemical analysis report from Mir Raza’s first post-mortem, which reportedly detected traces of acid on his shirt. The report also found gunshot residue on the rear side of the shirt’s perforation, identified as the entry wound. Further samples were collected during a second post-mortem after the body was exhumed. So far, investigators have received the DNA report, which confirmed that the remains belonged to Mir Raza. The investigation team is also preparing to conduct geofencing around different locations near the crime scene in Gulistan-i-Jauhar to establish the movements of people in the area around the time of the incident. Call data records from Mir Raza’s mobile phone will also be obtained as part of the probe. At the request of the family’s lawyer, Jibran Nasir, DSP Siraj Lashari and Inspector Mohammed Ali have been added to the investigation team headed by DIG Amir Farooqui. Mir Raza, an IBA graduate and owner of the food business Wafflix, went missing on July 28. His body was discovered the following day in bushes near Shahi Qila Ground in Gulistan-i-Jauhar. In a related development, the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) has summoned four people over alleged defamatory social media content concerning Sindh Senior Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon and his son in connection with the murder case. Syed Abdullah, Amin Qureshi, Bilal Warsi and Obaid Qureshi have been directed to appear before the NCCIA’s Karachi office on August 13. The notices were issued following a complaint filed on Memon’s behalf, alleging that fabricated and defamatory material had been circulated through digital platforms. Memon had approached the cybercrime agency after claims circulated online alleging that he owned a guest house in Gulistan-i-Jauhar where Mir Raza was allegedly tortured and killed. Other posts claimed that Memon’s son had travelled to London immediately after the incident and was later seen accompanied by a security guard. The latest developments come as investigators continue to piece together the circumstances surrounding Mir Raza’s disappearance and death, while authorities face growing pressure to ensure that every aspect of the case is thoroughly examined.

  • |

    Henderson completes Chelsea switch after Brentford exit

    Chelsea have brought in England midfielder Jordan Henderson on a free transfer, ending his short stint at Brentford and giving the veteran a fresh chapter at Stamford Bridge. The former Liverpool skipper, who was part of England’s squad at this year’s World Cup in North America, has put pen to paper on a two-year deal with the Blues. Henderson said joining a club of Chelsea’s stature, working under a manager he rates highly, and playing alongside such a talented squad made the move impossible to turn down. He also pointed to the clear ambition shown by the club’s ownership as something that impressed him deeply. Looking ahead, he said his focus would simply be on working hard every day, on and off the pitch, to help his new teammates and push the team forward. Reports had already surfaced last week confirming that Henderson’s Brentford deal had been cancelled once Chelsea’s interest in the midfielder became apparent, setting the stage for a move between the two west London-adjacent rivals. The 36-year-old rose to prominence during his years at Liverpool, where he won both the Premier League and the Champions League. He departed Anfield in 2023 to join Saudi side Al-Ettifaq, before switching to Dutch giants Ajax only half a year later. His return to English football came last year through a two-year contract with Brentford. A veteran of 91 caps for England, Henderson featured in this year’s World Cup squad but played only sparingly, and later suffered a broken arm during the tournament. His move to Chelsea comes just two days after the club completed the signing of experienced striker Danny Welbeck from Brighton. It has been an active summer in the transfer market for the Blues, who already broke the British transfer record by paying £117 million ($157 million) for Aston Villa’s Morgan Rogers, while also adding French defender Maxence Lacroix and Atalanta man Marco Palestra to their ranks. Chelsea’s previous campaign ended in disappointment, as they finished 10th in the Premier League table, narrowly behind Brentford, and missed out on European qualification altogether. Manager Xabi Alonso will now be eager to turn things around when his side begins the new season with an away trip to face Fulham at Craven Cottage on August 24.

  • |

    Japan marks 81 years since Nagasaki bombing amid nuclear debate

    Japan commemorated the 81st anniversary of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki on August 9, 2026. The ceremony was held as the country faces renewed debate over its nuclear policy and security strategy. Thousands gathered at Nagasaki Peace Park to remember the victims of the 1945 attack. Participants observed a moment of silence at 11:02am. It marked the exact time when the United States dropped the atomic bomb on the city. The bombing killed an estimated 74,000 people. The attack came three days after the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, where about 140,000 people were estimated to have died. Japan surrendered on August 15, 1945. The surrender brought World War II to an end and marked a major turning point in Japan’s history. The anniversary has also become a focus of debate over Japan’s long-standing pacifist and non-nuclear policies. Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi attended the Nagasaki ceremony. She has opened discussion on Japan’s postwar non-nuclear principles at a time of growing security concerns in East Asia. The debate has intensified as China expands its military capabilities in the region. Questions have also emerged over the long-term reliability of the US security commitment to Japan. Takaichi has maintained that Japan should pursue a realistic and practical approach toward achieving a world without nuclear weapons. However, her position on all three of Japan’s non-nuclear principles remains unclear. Japan’s three principles have traditionally called for the country not to possess, produce or permit the introduction of nuclear weapons into its territory. Takaichi supports the principles against possessing and developing nuclear weapons. She has not given the same clear commitment regarding the third principle. Her position has sparked concern among pacifists and atomic bomb survivors. Critics fear that any change in Japan’s nuclear stance could weaken the country’s postwar commitment to nuclear disarmament. Nagasaki Mayor Shiro Suzuki strongly defended the city’s anti-nuclear position during the ceremony. Suzuki described nuclear weapons as an absolute evil. He rejected the argument that nuclear weapons could be considered a necessary evil for national security. He also urged the central government to uphold Japan’s war-renouncing Constitution. He called on Tokyo to maintain its non-nuclear principles and participate in the upcoming review conference of the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons. The mayor’s remarks came as Japan considers changes to its defence policy. The government is seeking stronger military capabilities in response to growing regional security threats. The anniversary also highlighted concerns about atomic bomb survivors who have not been officially recognised as hibakusha. Some people exposed to radiation during the Nagasaki bombing remain outside the government’s official recognition criteria. Their exclusion is linked to their location at the time of the attack and the areas officially designated as part of the blast zone. Shigemitsu Tanaka, head of the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Survivors Council, raised the issue directly with Takaichi. Tanaka urged the government to provide support to both officially recognised survivors and those who remain unrecognised. He said the survivors are aging and that time is running out for them. Takaichi responded that the government already provides medical expense subsidies to unrecognised survivors on a level comparable to assistance given to officially recognised hibakusha. She said the government would continue implementing such support. The Nagasaki anniversary therefore carried both historical and political significance this year. Survivors and peace advocates continue to call for stronger commitments to nuclear disarmament. At the same time, Japan’s government is balancing its pacifist traditions with growing concerns over regional military threats.

  • | |

    Khawaja Asif accuses PTI of supporting PPP candida…

    Pakistan’s Defence Minister Khawaja Asif has claimed that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) supported candidates of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) during the recent elections. He alleged that in several constituencies, it appeared that both political parties had made joint efforts to influence the electoral outcome. Khawaja Asif stated that there were visible signs of cooperation between PTI and PPP in certain areas. According to him, the political activities and election strategies of both parties suggested that they were working together against other candidates. However, he did not provide specific evidence to support his claim. The Defence Minister said that he had been observing elections in Azad Kashmir for the past 55 years and had witnessed many political developments over different periods. He described the current election as significant, particularly because voter participation in urban areas was higher compared to previous elections. Khawaja Asif praised the efforts of his party’s workers, saying that they had worked hard during the election campaign. He claimed that the increased voter turnout in cities reflected greater public engagement and interest in the electoral process. He stated that urban areas recorded a turnout of more than 45 percent, describing it as an important achievement. According to Asif, the higher participation rate demonstrated that voters had actively participated in the democratic process and responded positively to his party’s campaign efforts. While discussing the performance of the Pakistan Peoples Party, Khawaja Asif claimed that the party’s popularity had declined among voters. He pointed out that the PPP had last won an election from the city in 1970, suggesting that the party had lost much of its previous political influence in the region. Asif argued that the current political landscape in Azad Kashmir was different from previous decades. He suggested that changing voter preferences and recent electoral trends indicated that political support for traditional parties had shifted over time. The Defence Minister’s remarks came amid political debate following the Azad Kashmir elections, where opposition parties raised concerns about the fairness of the electoral process. The PPP and other opposition groups have alleged irregularities, while government representatives have defended the transparency of the elections. Khawaja Asif maintained that his party’s success was the result of extensive political efforts and public support. He credited party workers for their dedication and said that the election outcome reflected the changing political dynamics of the region. The allegations regarding PTI’s support for PPP candidates have added another layer to the ongoing political discussions. Both PTI and PPP have their own positions regarding the election process, and any claims of coordination between them remain a subject of political debate. As the political situation develops, statements from different parties are expected to continue shaping discussions about the election results, voter trends, and the future direction of politics in Azad Kashmir.

  • | | | |

    Egypt weighs joining Pakistan-Saudi-Türkiye defen…

    CAIRO: Egypt has started a serious review of the possibility of joining the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement between Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye. Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty said Cairo has close and strategic relations with all three countries. He said Egypt’s ties with Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye extend beyond political cooperation. Abdelatty was asked about Egypt’s possible inclusion in the defence agreement. He said Egypt has been aware of the pact since the beginning. He confirmed that Egyptian state institutions are currently conducting a comprehensive assessment of the agreement. The minister said no final decision has been taken yet. He added that the relevant Egyptian authorities are examining the agreement and its possible implications. Abdelatty stressed that defence agreements involve important commitments. Therefore, Egypt must carefully assess all legal and constitutional aspects before making a decision. He said any possible Egyptian participation would have to comply with the country’s Constitution and existing legal requirements. The review will also consider the responsibilities that could arise from joining the agreement. The development comes days after Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye signed the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement. The pact seeks to strengthen defence cooperation among the three countries and enhance their collective security. Under the agreement, an attack against any one of the three countries would be considered an attack against all three. The arrangement has been described as a major step towards closer defence and strategic cooperation.

  • | |

    Heavy rains trigger flooding in Chilas, 6 killed a…

    CHILAS: Torrential rains triggered flooding in Chilas, disrupting daily life, damaging farmland, and claiming lives as severe weather continued to affect several parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Floodwaters inundated streams and water channels, causing widespread destruction to agricultural land and crops. Authorities also closed the Babusar Road to all traffic after floodwaters made the route unsafe for travel. According to the Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA), six people have lost their lives and another six have been injured in rain-related incidents across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa since July 29. The agency said at least 65 houses have also been damaged. Rain-related emergencies were reported in Abbottabad, Peshawar, Swat, Buner, Khyber, Chitral and several other districts, where rescue and relief efforts remain underway. Meanwhile, the Flood Forecasting Division in Lahore reported that low-level flooding continues at the Kalabagh, Chashma and Guddu barrages along the Indus River, with authorities closely monitoring the evolving situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *