katie holmes reportedly
| |

Katie Holmes reportedly supports Suri’s decision…

Katie Holmes is reportedly standing firmly behind her daughter Suri after the 20-year-old legally dropped the surname of her father, Hollywood star Tom Cruise. The reported decision has sparked widespread discussion, with sources claiming Holmes was neither shocked nor upset by the move, believing it reflects the independent person Suri has become. 

According to a report by Page Six, Holmes fully supports Suri’s decision to legally change her name from Suri Cruise to Suri Noelle, adopting her mother’s middle name as her new surname. An insider told the outlet that the actress “wasn’t surprised” by the decision because it was entirely in keeping with her daughter’s personality.

“Katie wasn’t surprised by Suri’s decision to legally drop Cruise from her last name because that’s just who Suri is,” the source said, adding that Holmes has always encouraged her daughter to make thoughtful decisions for herself. 

The name change reportedly became official through voter registration records in Pennsylvania, where Suri attends Carnegie Mellon University. However, it wasn’t a sudden decision. Suri had already begun using the surname “Noelle” publicly, including during her high school graduation in 2024, suggesting the change had been in progress for some time. 

Holmes and Cruise welcomed Suri in 2006 and were married later that year. The former couple divorced in 2012, after which Holmes raised Suri primarily in New York. Over the years, reports have frequently suggested that Tom Cruise and his daughter have remained estranged, while Holmes has maintained a close and supportive relationship with Suri. 

Sources close to the family insist that Holmes did not pressure Suri into making the legal change. Instead, they describe the decision as one that Suri reached on her own as she entered adulthood and sought to establish her own identity beyond her famous parents. Holmes is reportedly proud of her daughter’s confidence, maturity and willingness to make choices she believes are right for herself. 

The development has attracted significant public attention, partly because Suri has spent much of her life away from the Hollywood spotlight. Despite growing up as the daughter of two globally recognized actors, she has largely maintained a private lifestyle while focusing on her education.

Neither Katie Holmes nor Tom Cruise has publicly commented on the legal name change. Still, the reports have fueled conversations about family dynamics, personal identity and the challenges faced by children of high-profile celebrities. For now, insiders say Holmes’ priority remains unchanged: supporting Suri as she builds her own future on her own terms. 

Similar Posts

  • |

    US says it will deepen security role in Asia

    The United States has rejected suggestions that it is reducing its involvement in Asia. A senior Pentagon official said Washington plans to strengthen its position in the Indo-Pacific and maintain what it considers a favourable balance of power in the region. US Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Elbridge Colby made the remarks during a speech in Manila on Monday. He said the United States was not leaving Asia. Instead, Washington was increasing its focus on the region. Colby also called on US allies and partners to take greater responsibility for their own defence. He said Washington wanted stronger partnerships rather than relationships based on dependence. According to Colby, the United States expects its regional allies to increase defence spending and strengthen their own military capabilities. He said greater responsibility from partner countries should not be interpreted as a sign that Washington is abandoning the region. Colby argued that stronger allies would contribute to stronger deterrence and help maintain regional stability. The Pentagon official said the US strategy includes maintaining a credible military presence along the First Island Chain. The strategic area stretches from Japan through Taiwan and the Philippines toward Borneo. It is considered important to US efforts to deter potential military threats in the Indo-Pacific. Colby said the United States was committed to maintaining a balance of power in the region. He also emphasised the need for allies to contribute more to regional security. His comments come amid continuing questions about the long-term US security commitment to Asia. Some regional governments and analysts have expressed concerns about whether Washington will remain as deeply involved in the Indo-Pacific as it has been in previous years. Colby sought to address those concerns by stressing that the United States intends to remain engaged. The Philippines is the first stop on Colby’s Southeast Asian tour. He is also scheduled to visit Indonesia, Thailand and Cambodia. The Philippines is a longstanding US treaty ally and has strengthened defence cooperation with Washington in recent years. The Pentagon official’s remarks are likely to be closely watched by US partners across the region. Washington is seeking to strengthen cooperation with allies while encouraging them to invest more heavily in their own defence. The approach reflects a broader US strategy of sharing the security burden with regional partners while maintaining a strong American military presence. Colby said the goal was to build capable partners rather than create countries that depend entirely on US protection. He maintained that stronger regional partners would make the overall US deterrence strategy more effective.

  • | | | |

    Iran, Oman move closer to Hormuz shipping agreement

    TEHRAN: Iran and Oman have reached a preliminary understanding on the geographic coordinates of a proposed shipping route through the Strait of Hormuz, marking progress in negotiations aimed at regulating navigation through one of the world’s most strategically important waterways. Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei said discussions between Tehran and Muscat had advanced positively and that both sides had agreed on the geographical framework of the proposed route. He added that a joint statement outlining the key points of the understanding was in its final stages and could be issued if the process is not disrupted by external factors. Despite the progress, Baghaei emphasised that the agreement alone would not automatically guarantee security in the Strait of Hormuz. He noted that ensuring stability in the region would require broader cooperation and continued diplomatic engagement. According to regional officials familiar with the negotiations, the proposed arrangement would give Iran a greater role in overseeing vessels entering the Gulf through the strategic waterway. However, several technical and operational issues still need to be resolved before any final agreement can be implemented. The Strait of Hormuz remains one of the world’s busiest energy transit routes, carrying a significant share of global oil and gas exports. Any changes to shipping arrangements in the area are closely watched by international markets due to their potential impact on global trade and energy supplies. Officials involved in the negotiations described the talks as constructive, while indicating that further consultations would continue before a formal announcement is made. Both Iran and Oman have maintained that dialogue remains the preferred path for addressing issues related to maritime navigation and regional stability.

  • |

    153mm rain puts Gujrat on high alert as new drainage interventions help avert major urban flooding

    GUJRAT: Torrential monsoon rain measuring 153 millimetres battered Gujrat, triggering a district-wide rain emergency and keeping the civil administration, Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA) and other civic departments on high alert. Despite the intense downpour, officials claimed that newly completed drainage interventions and a coordinated emergency response helped prevent widespread urban flooding in the city. Deputy Commissioner Noor-ul-Ain Qureshi remained in the field throughout the operation, inspecting drainage arrangements and monitoring the performance of five newly completed interventions executed by the Irrigation Department under the Punjab Development Programme. The projects, completed in a record five months, were designed to protect Gujrat from sheet flow entering the city from the Bhimber and Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) side during heavy monsoon rains. According to the district administration, each of the five newly constructed drains has the capacity to carry 200 cusecs of water, diverting the incoming sheet flow towards Bhinder Nullah and Halsi Nullah. Officials described the projects as a significant step towards improving Gujrat’s flood resilience, saying they played an important role in reducing pressure on the city’s drainage network during the latest spell of heavy rain. Meanwhile, Managing Director WASA Gujrat Kashan Hafeez Butt supervised rain emergency operations across the city, with 20 emergency teams deployed in the agency’s three operational zones. Dewatering sets, suction machines and heavy machinery remained operational throughout the day to remove accumulated rainwater from roads, markets and residential areas. Among the worst-hit locations was Madina Bazaar Staff Gali, where rainwater accumulated to nearly one foot. WASA teams carried out continuous pumping operations before clearing the area. Water also collected at Dhakki Chowk, where approximately six inches of standing water was removed after several hours of drainage work. Officials said traffic on Rehman Shaheed Road, Shadman Colony and other major arteries remained largely uninterrupted due to the timely deployment of emergency teams. Field staff continued monitoring low-lying areas to ensure rainwater did not accumulate again as intermittent showers continued. Residents acknowledged that several streets experienced temporary waterlogging during the peak of the rainfall but said conditions improved as emergency crews reached affected areas. Commuters reported slow-moving traffic in parts of the city during the morning because of reduced visibility and rainwater on roads. The district administration maintained close coordination with WASA, the Irrigation Department, Rescue 1122 and other relevant agencies throughout the operation. Officials said emergency personnel would remain on alert as further monsoon rains are forecast, with machinery stationed at vulnerable locations for immediate deployment if required. Authorities also appealed to residents to cooperate by avoiding the disposal of garbage into storm-water drains, warning that blocked drainage channels significantly reduce the efficiency of the drainage system during heavy rainfall. The latest monsoon spell once again tested Gujrat’s urban drainage infrastructure. However, officials maintained that the combination of newly completed irrigation works, continuous field monitoring by the deputy commissioner and round-the-clock WASA operations enabled the city to withstand the 153mm rainfall without any major disruption to traffic or public life. The district administration said all departments would continue monitoring weather conditions and remain prepared to respond swiftly to any further rain-related emergencies.

  • | | | |

    US and Iran agree to extend 60-day ceasefire

    ISLAMABAD: The United States and Iran have agreed in principle to extend their 60-day ceasefire, according to a Turkish news agency report citing Pakistani government sources. The report said both Washington and Tehran had informed mediators of their willingness to prolong the truce. The two sides are also exchanging messages to determine the length of the proposed extension, according to the report. The current ceasefire is due to expire on August 17. Mediators have been informed that both countries are prepared to continue the pause in hostilities. According to international media reports, the United States and Iran signed a 14-point memorandum of understanding on June 17. The agreement established a 60-day period for maintaining the ceasefire and completing negotiations aimed at bringing a permanent end to the conflict. The memorandum also included arrangements for keeping the Strait of Hormuz open to commercial shipping during the ceasefire. However, disagreements over the interpretation of several provisions have continued to create tensions between Washington and Tehran. Both sides have repeatedly accused each other of violating the terms or spirit of the understanding. The proposed extension could provide additional time for diplomatic efforts and negotiations aimed at addressing the outstanding issues between the two countries. Mediators are expected to remain engaged as Washington and Tehran work to settle the duration and other details of the extended ceasefire.

  • |

    Jennifer Garner honors Ben Affleck’s late mother with tribute

    Jennifer Garner appeared to honor her former mother-in-law, Chris Anne Boldt, with a meaningful fashion choice during a recent outing in Los Angeles. The actress was seen visiting the Brentwood Farmers Market on Sunday, dressed casually in a white T-shirt featuring the French phrase “Maman Je T’aime,” which translates to “I love you, Mom.” The simple yet touching message drew attention as it came weeks after the passing of Ben Affleck’s mother. Chris Anne Boldt died on June 2 at the age of 83 after battling pancreatic cancer. According to her family, she passed away peacefully in her sleep. She had been diagnosed with the disease in December 2025, and her death marked a difficult loss for the Affleck family. Although Jennifer Garner has not publicly commented on the meaning behind her outfit, many viewed the shirt as a subtle and respectful tribute to Chris. Garner has long maintained a close and supportive relationship with Ben Affleck’s family, even after the couple ended their marriage. Jennifer and Ben were married from 2009 until their separation in 2015. Despite their divorce, they have remained committed to co-parenting their three children and are often seen together during family events. Their ability to maintain an amicable relationship has frequently been praised, with both stars putting their children’s well-being first. The former couple shares three children: Violet, 20, Fin, 17, and Samuel, 12. Over the years, Garner and Affleck have continued to support one another as parents while keeping their family life as stable as possible. Ben Affleck has previously spoken with great admiration about his mother and the influence she had on his life and career. In an earlier interview, the Oscar-winning actor described Chris as a dedicated educator who valued learning and hard work. He shared that his mother taught in public schools after studying at Harvard University, where she also earned her master’s degree. She spent years teaching fifth- and sixth-grade students, leaving a lasting impact on those she educated. Affleck also reflected on his father’s different background, explaining that he worked a variety of jobs, including as an auto mechanic, bartender, and janitor at Harvard. The actor has often credited both of his parents for shaping his values and perspective. Jennifer Garner has generally kept her personal life private, especially when it comes to family matters. However, her appearance at the farmers market wearing a shirt with such an affectionate message has led many fans to believe it was a quiet gesture of remembrance following Chris Anne Boldt’s passing. While neither Garner nor Affleck has addressed the speculation, the outing highlighted the enduring bond between their families. Garner’s thoughtful choice of clothing was widely seen as a sign of compassion and respect, reflecting the close connection she shared with Ben Affleck’s mother despite the end of their marriage.

  • | |

    Pakistan’s Cnergyico ramps up US crude purch…

    Cnergyico, Pakistan’s largest oil refiner, has increased its purchases of US crude as the federal government works to diversify the country’s energy supply following disruptions tied to the war in Iran that exposed how heavily Pakistan depends on Gulf shipping routes. The government is also pushing to expand imports from the United States as part of a broader effort to narrow its trade surplus with Washington and secure relief from tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump. Cnergyico, which made its first purchase of US crude last year, is now weighing spot purchases alongside longer term supply contracts with Vitol and other suppliers, basing those decisions on pricing, reliability and supply security, Vice Chairman Usama Qureshi said. The refiner imported roughly 8.1 million barrels of US crude over a nine month stretch, including 7.1 million barrels worth about $750 million during the fiscal year that ended in June, according to Qureshi. Central bank data showed Pakistan’s payments for US imports climbed by $914 million to reach $3.27 billion during that fiscal year, meaning Cnergyico’s crude purchases accounted for roughly 80 percent of that overall increase. Qureshi said the refiner could expand its US crude purchases further if Pakistan’s proposed EXIM Bank trade finance facility gets extended to Cnergyico. Islamabad pitched that facility last month as a mechanism allowing Pakistani buyers to delay payments to US exporters for as long as three years. Pakistan has traditionally sourced most of its oil from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, with roughly 90 percent of its oil and liquefied natural gas imports passing through the Strait of Hormuz before the war disrupted that route. Rising fuel costs have added pressure on Islamabad to respond, particularly as fresh protests over inflation and fuel prices broke out this week. The government has also pursued alternative supply routes, including Saudi crude delivered via the Yanbu port on Saudi Arabia’s Red Sea coast. Qureshi said Cnergyico is evaluating construction of a second offshore mooring facility linked to its existing storage network, which would allow the company to import and export refined products using large tankers outside Karachi’s congested ports. That project forms part of a broader $1.2 billion upgrade aimed at meeting Euro V fuel standards, reducing furnace oil output and expanding refining capacity to around 200,000 barrels per day. Fawad Basir, head of research at KTrade Securities, said the disruptions in the Middle East have underscored the risks of relying on a single supply corridor. He said using Very Large Crude Carriers to import US oil could reduce freight costs by 25 to 30 percent, while adding a second Single Point Mooring facility would speed up vessel turnaround times. Cnergyico currently processes 156,000 barrels of crude per day and operates Pakistan’s only single point mooring terminal near Karachi, giving it the unique ability among the country’s refiners to handle large tankers directly. The company plans to build a second offshore terminal to accommodate larger or more frequent shipments and intends to upgrade its refinery over the next five to six years. The refiner, which has been running at an average utilization rate of just 30 to 35 percent amid weak domestic demand, is betting that demand for refined oil products will strengthen in the years ahead.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *