lionel messi returns
|

Lionel Messi returns to Inter Miami training after World Cup

MIAMI: Football icon Lionel Messi has returned to training with Inter Miami CF after taking a short break following Argentina’s heartbreaking defeat in the FIFA World Cup 2026 final.

The Argentine captain was back on the training pitch on Wednesday, just 10 days after Spain edged Argentina 1-0 in the World Cup final in New Jersey, ending the South American nation’s hopes of defending the title they won in Qatar four years earlier.

Inter Miami shared a video on its official social media platforms showing Messi arriving for training alongside longtime teammate and close friend Luis Suárez. The footage quickly attracted millions of views as fans celebrated the return of one of football’s greatest-ever players.

Following the World Cup final, Messi returned to his hometown of Rosario in Argentina, where he spent time with his family while recovering physically and emotionally from the tournament.

A day after the final, the 39-year-old expressed his disappointment in an emotional social media message, admitting that the defeat had left a deep emotional scar.

“The pain is immense, and it’s going to take a long time for this wound to heal,” Messi wrote after Argentina narrowly missed out on consecutive World Cup titles.

The football legend has not yet confirmed whether he will continue representing Argentina at international level, leaving supporters eagerly waiting for a decision about his future with the national team.

During Messi’s absence, Inter Miami head coach Guillermo Hoyos explained that neither Messi nor Argentine midfielder Rodrigo De Paul had a fixed return date, stressing the physical and mental demands of a World Cup campaign.

“They need the time,” Hoyos had said, adding that players deserved adequate rest after competing on football’s biggest stage.

Major League Soccer also granted Messi and De Paul permission to miss this year’s MLS All-Star Game in Charlotte due to their recent World Cup commitments. The decision marked a departure from last season, when Messi received a one-match suspension after missing the showcase event without an approved exemption.

Although Messi has resumed full training, Inter Miami has not officially confirmed when he will return to competitive action. The club is scheduled to host the Columbus Crew on Saturday before beginning its Leagues Cup campaign next week against Mexico’s Atlético de San Luis.

With Messi back on the training ground, excitement has surged among Inter Miami supporters, who hope the Argentine superstar will quickly return to action and lead the club’s push for silverware during the remainder of the 2026 season.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Hrithik Roshan recalls father’s financial crisis after Koyla setback

    Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan has opened up about one of the most emotional periods in his family’s life, recalling the financial difficulties his father, filmmaker Rakesh Roshan, faced following the commercial disappointment of Shah Rukh Khan’s 1997 film Koyla. The 52-year-old actor recently spoke about his father’s struggles and revealed that there was a time when Rakesh Roshan lost a significant portion of the money he had earned throughout his career. According to Hrithik, the setback was severe enough to create financial difficulties for the family and left a lasting impression on him. Recalling the difficult period, Hrithik said he still remembers a particular morning when he saw his father with tears in his eyes for the first time. The actor explained that Rakesh Roshan had told him that he had lost all the money he had earned. For Hrithik, witnessing his father in such a vulnerable state was an experience he could never forget. He described the moment as extremely emotional because he had never previously seen his father so broken and distressed. Rakesh Roshan had produced Koyla under his production banner Filmkraft Productions. The action thriller featured Shah Rukh Khan and Madhuri Dixit in the lead roles, alongside Amrish Puri, Deepa Sahi, Ashok Saraf, Johnny Lever and several other prominent actors. Released in 1997, Koyla revolved around Shankar, played by Shah Rukh Khan, a mute and loyal coal miner who works in a coal mine. The film combined action, romance and drama and was one of the major productions associated with Rakesh Roshan’s production house at the time. Despite its scale and star-studded cast, the film failed to achieve the level of commercial success that had been expected. It was reportedly made on a budget of around Rs 12 crore and earned approximately Rs 28 crore worldwide. Although the film recovered a significant amount at the box office, its overall commercial performance was considered disappointing in relation to its investment and expectations. The experience became an important chapter in Hrithik Roshan’s understanding of his father’s professional and personal journey. Years later, the actor has established himself as one of Bollywood’s leading stars, while Rakesh Roshan has continued to remain an influential filmmaker and producer. The father-son duo is now preparing to return to the superhero franchise that has been closely associated with their careers. Hrithik and Rakesh Roshan are currently involved in preparations for Krrish 4, the next installment in the popular superhero series. Hrithik’s recent recollection offers a rare glimpse into the challenges his family faced behind the glamour of Bollywood and highlights the personal impact that professional setbacks can have, even on established filmmakers.

  • |

    France records more than 5,000 deaths during June heatwave

    More than 5,000 excess deaths were recorded in France during the severe heatwave that spanned late June and early July. According to data released by France’s national health agency, Santé publique France, 21,674 total deaths from all causes were registered between 17 June and 2 July across the affected regions. Under normal conditions, statistical modeling projected approximately 15,910 deaths for that period, resulting in 5,764 additional or excess deaths, a 36 per cent increase above expected baselines. Public health officials attribute the sharp rise in mortality to the intensity, early onset, and duration of the extreme temperatures, which affected 92 administrative departments representing nearly 98.5 per cent of the country’s population. Over half of the excess deaths occurred during the peak of the heatwave between 25 June and 27 June, with individuals aged 75 and older accounting for roughly two-thirds of the fatalities. The Île-de-France region, which encompasses Paris, recorded the highest impact, experiencing nearly 2,000 excess deaths, an 80 per cent surge above normal levels. The preliminary figures mark the highest excess mortality recorded from a heatwave in France since the historic 2003 heatwave. Authorities noted that the initial tally surpasses total summer heat-related excess deaths from the entire previous year, with consolidated final figures expected following the conclusion of summer health monitoring in the autumn.

  • |

    Kendall Jenner enjoys Chris Stapleton concert with Jacob Elordi

    Kendall Jenner and Jacob Elordi have once again sparked romance speculation after enjoying a cozy date night at Chris Stapleton’s All-American Road Show concert on July 24 at the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Washington. The rumored couple was spotted watching the performance from a side-stage VIP area, where they appeared relaxed and comfortable in each other’s company. Kendall, founder of 818 Tequila, was seen sipping a drink while enjoying the music, while Elordi, dressed casually in a white T-shirt and a baseball cap, leaned in to chat with her throughout the evening. Their appearance quickly caught the attention of fellow concertgoers, with several fans sharing videos on social media. One widely circulated TikTok clip captured the excitement of attendees after realizing the pair were standing nearby, further fueling online discussion about their relationship. The concert outing is the latest in a string of public appearances that have kept romance rumors surrounding the two celebrities alive throughout the summer. Speculation about Kendall and Jacob’s relationship first intensified after they were seen spending time together during this year’s Coachella Music and Arts Festival in April. Since then, the pair have reportedly been spotted enjoying several trips together, including vacations in Hawaii, dining outings in Tokyo, and travels to Elordi’s native Australia. Although neither Kendall nor Jacob has publicly confirmed they are dating, their frequent appearances together have continued to attract attention. Photos and videos of the pair have regularly surfaced online, with fans closely following their rumored romance. Before their latest concert date, Kendall and Jacob were also seen spending time with Kylie Jenner and actor Timothée Chalamet during a double date in Los Angeles, adding more fuel to ongoing speculation about their relationship. Interestingly, Kendall Jenner and Jacob Elordi have known each other for several years. The Saltburn actor attended Jenner’s birthday celebration in 2022, though the two were not romantically linked at the time. Romance rumors only began circulating in early 2026 after the pair were spotted chatting at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in March. Their appearance together at Coachella the following month further intensified speculation that they had grown closer. Around the same time, reports suggested that the pair had been spending time together privately and were getting to know one another over the previous few months. Since then, they have continued to appear together on multiple occasions, though they have chosen not to address the rumors publicly. Both Jenner and Elordi have previously spoken about the challenges that come with maintaining relationships while living in the spotlight. They have each expressed a preference for keeping their personal lives private despite constant public interest and media attention. For now, the pair remain silent about the true nature of their relationship. However, with each new public outing, fans continue to speculate that the model and the Australian actor may be one of Hollywood’s newest celebrity couples. Whether or not they decide to confirm their romance, their latest concert date has only added to the growing buzz surrounding them.

  • |

    ‘Jana Nayagan’ roars past Rs 200 crore worldwide in just four days

    Vijay’s latest release, “Jana Nayagan”, is gaining serious momentum at the box office. The film has already crossed Rs 200 crore globally within its first four days, boosted by a strong surge in earnings on its opening Sunday. According to trade tracker Sacnilk, the movie earned approximately Rs 32 crore net in India on Day 4 alone. That marks a 10.7% increase compared to Saturday’s Rs 28.90 crore haul. With this latest jump, the film’s total domestic net now stands at Rs 124.75 crore, while its gross collection has reached Rs 145.98 crore. This achievement makes “Jana Nayagan” only the second Tamil film this year to cross the Rs 100 crore mark within India. Suriya’s “Karuppu” still holds the lead among Tamil releases in 2026, with a lifetime total of Rs 198 crore. However, “Jana Nayagan” appears to be closing in fast. It has already surpassed several other releases this year, including “Parasakthi” at Rs 53 crore and “Love Insurance Kompany” at Rs 43 crore, while also overtaking “Dragon” (Rs 102 crore) and “Sikandar” (Rs 104 crore). Internationally, the film added another Rs 10 crore in gross earnings on Sunday, bringing its overseas total to Rs 71.50 crore. Combined with domestic numbers, the worldwide tally now sits at Rs 217.48 crore after just four days in theaters. Breaking down Sunday’s collections by language, the Tamil version contributed Rs 27.30 crore net, followed by Hindi at Rs 3.35 crore and Telugu at Rs 1.35 crore. Theater occupancy remained robust in Tamil Nadu, averaging 69% overall and climbing to nearly 78% during evening screenings. Meanwhile, Hindi and Telugu versions saw comparatively modest occupancy, hovering between 21% and 24%. Regionally, Tamil Nadu continued to lead ticket sales, generating Rs 22.50 crore in gross revenue on Day 4. Karnataka followed with Rs 4.75 crore, then Kerala at Rs 2.85 crore, and Andhra Pradesh-Telangana combined for Rs 2.05 crore. The remaining regions across India contributed Rs 5.02 crore, pushing the total Day 4 domestic gross to Rs 37.17 crore. Directed by H Vinoth, “Jana Nayagan” features a notable ensemble cast alongside Vijay, including Pooja Hegde, Bobby Deol, and Mamitha Baiju rounding out the lead roles.

  • |

    Kaylee Hottle, Godzilla vs. Kong Star, dies in car accident at 18

    Kaylee Hottle, the young deaf actress who won hearts as Jia in the MonsterVerse films, has died following a car accident in Maryland. She was 18. The news was confirmed by her father, Joshua Hottle, who shared the heartbreaking update through a nearly 23-minute Facebook livestream, communicating entirely in American Sign Language. In the video, he said he was preparing to take a flight he never wanted to take, as he traveled from Texas to Maryland after learning of the crash. According to reports, Joshua was first informed of the accident before later being told that his daughter’s heart had stopped on the way to the hospital. The crash reportedly occurred in Frederick, Maryland, though full details surrounding the incident have not yet been made public. Hottle came from a multi-generational deaf family and was fluent in American Sign Language from an early age. Her journey into acting began years before her breakout role, starting with a commercial appearance as a child. That early exposure eventually led to her being discovered for the MonsterVerse franchise, where she portrayed Jia, a young deaf character who forms a powerful bond with Kong through sign language. She first appeared in the role in 2021’s Godzilla vs. Kong and returned for the 2024 sequel, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, which earned her a nomination at the Saturn Awards for Best Performance by a Younger Actor. Hottle’s portrayal was widely praised within the deaf community for offering genuine, heartfelt representation rarely seen in major blockbuster films. Many pointed to her performance as a rare instance where a deaf character’s story felt authentic rather than symbolic, largely because Hottle herself lived that experience. The Texas School for the Deaf, where Hottle was a senior, paid tribute to her on social media, expressing profound sadness over the loss of one of their students and extending condolences to her family, friends, and classmates. Tributes have continued to pour in from fans and industry figures alike, many expressing shock over the sudden loss of such a young talent whose work resonated far beyond the screen. Several supporters have highlighted how her role in the Godzilla franchise helped bring meaningful visibility to deaf audiences worldwide. As details of the accident remain limited, fans and well-wishers continue to remember Hottle for the warmth and authenticity she brought to her most memorable role.

  • |

    Arab and Palestinian groups urge global action to protect Jerusalem and Al Aqsa Mosque

    Fourteen Arab and Palestinian organisations have issued an urgent appeal calling for immediate international action to protect occupied East Jerusalem and the Al Aqsa Mosque, warning that recent Israeli measures are threatening the city’s religious heritage and historic identity. The groups said the situation has reached a critical stage and argued that stronger global intervention is needed to prevent further escalation. In a joint statement released on Wednesday, the organisations expressed concern over what they described as increasing Israeli actions aimed at changing the existing status of Jerusalem and its holy sites. They said recent developments have targeted not only Al Aqsa Mosque but also the Palestinian residents of Jerusalem and the city’s Arab, Islamic, and Christian character. Al Aqsa Mosque is considered Islam’s third holiest site. The same area is also revered by Jews as the Temple Mount, believed to be the location of two ancient Jewish temples. Israel captured East Jerusalem during the 1967 Arab Israeli war and later declared the entire city its capital in 1980, a move that has not been recognised by most of the international community. According to the appeal, Israeli authorities have allowed an increase in visits to the Al Aqsa compound by Jewish groups under police protection. The organisations claimed these actions, along with restrictions placed on Muslim worshippers, are attempts to alter the long standing arrangements governing access to the holy site. The statement also raised concerns about attacks on worshippers, restrictions placed on religious leaders, and measures targeting guards responsible for protecting the mosque. The groups argued that these actions undermine freedom of worship and threaten the historical and legal status of one of Islam’s most important religious landmarks. Beyond the mosque itself, the organisations accused Israel of expanding settlements, demolishing Palestinian homes, revoking residency rights, carrying out excavations around the Old City, and increasing pressure on both Islamic and Christian religious sites. They warned that these policies are changing the city’s demographic and cultural landscape while placing Jerusalem’s diverse religious heritage at risk. The appeal also highlighted concerns over the city’s Christian community. It said restrictions affecting churches, religious institutions, and Christian leaders threaten the long established Christian presence in Jerusalem and weaken the city’s multicultural identity. The organisations argued that international statements of concern are no longer enough to address the situation. They called for coordinated political, legal, and human rights efforts to stop actions they consider violations of international law. They also urged governments and international institutions to ensure accountability and prevent further changes to the city’s status. The statement specifically called on Jordan, which holds custodial responsibilities for Jerusalem’s Islamic and Christian holy sites, to intensify diplomatic efforts and encourage stronger international engagement. The groups said Jordan’s role remains essential in defending the religious and historical significance of the city’s sacred places. Describing Jerusalem as a shared historical, cultural, and religious responsibility, the organisations stressed that protecting the city requires practical measures rather than symbolic declarations. They said preserving the rights of its residents and safeguarding its holy sites should remain an international priority. The appeal was signed by several organisations, including the Popular Conference for Palestinians Abroad, the Al Quds International Institution, the Arab National Congress, the European Palestinian Conference, and the Islamic National Conference. The statement comes as tensions continue to rise across the occupied West Bank, where Israeli military raids and settler related violence have increased since the start of the Gaza conflict in October 2023. Palestinian officials say thousands of people have been injured or arrested during this period, while violence has intensified further following recent deadly clashes near Nablus involving Palestinians, Israeli settlers, and Israeli forces.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *