pakistan reports million
| |

Pakistan reports 11 million hepatitis C cases, hea…

Federal Health Minister Mustafa Kamal has said that around 11 million people in Pakistan are living with hepatitis C, while a large number of cases remain undiagnosed because many people have not undergone screening.

Addressing a ceremony in Karachi, the minister highlighted several major public health challenges facing the country. He said around 80% of people in Sindh do not have access to clean drinking water.

Kamal said approximately 11,000 mothers die every year during childbirth, while around 400,000 children die annually.

He also claimed that one in every three people in the country suffers from diabetes. He expressed concern that Pakistan is still recognised as a polio-affected country.

According to the health minister, nearly 68% of diseases are linked to the consumption of contaminated water, highlighting the need for improved water and sanitation facilities.

Speaking about healthcare services in the area, Kamal said the site where the ceremony was held previously operated as a federal government dispensary. The facility currently provides medical services from 8am until noon.

He said telemedicine services had been introduced at the dispensary as part of efforts to improve access to healthcare. Doctors can now examine patients remotely through online consultations.

The minister announced that the dispensary would be upgraded into a secondary-care hospital. He said it was the fourth location where the federal government had laid the foundation for a secondary hospital.

The new facility will have 40 beds and will provide a range of medical services. Kamal said the hospital would be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs660 million and was expected to be completed within four months.

The hospital will also provide emergency services around the clock, he added.

Kamal said residents would no longer need to travel long distances for X-rays and other essential medical services once the hospital becomes operational.

The federal health minister acknowledged that securing approval and funding for development projects from the federal government was not an easy process.

He said the private sector would also be brought on board to improve the management of the healthcare facility.

Kamal further said the federal government had allocated Rs2.86 billion for plans to expand and upgrade dispensaries across the country.

The announcements are part of the government’s efforts to expand basic healthcare services and improve access to medical facilities, particularly in areas where residents have limited access to hospitals and diagnostic services.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Preliminary post-mortem report released in deaths …

      The preliminary post-mortem report of two women who died while in police custody at Lahore’s Town Ship Police Station has been released. According to the report, there were no visible signs of physical torture on the bodies of the two women, and their deaths appear to have been caused by natural or medical reasons. However, the exact cause of death has not yet been established, and further forensic investigation is underway. The two women, identified as Anmol and Amina, were residents of Pakpattan and had been taken into police custody on suspicion of involvement in an alleged fraud-related incident. Both women died under mysterious circumstances on August 4 while they were being held at the Town Ship Police Station in Lahore. According to the initial post-mortem findings, multiple needle or syringe marks were found on the bodies of both women. The report, however, did not identify any apparent marks of physical violence or torture. Police officials have said that the final cause of death will only become clear after the forensic examination of samples collected from the bodies. Police have claimed that they suspect the two women may have consumed poisonous tablets while in custody. Samples and other relevant material obtained from both bodies have been sent to a forensic laboratory for analysis. The forensic report is expected to determine whether any poisonous substance or medication was present in their bodies and may help investigators establish the circumstances surrounding their deaths. According to police, the women had been arrested on allegations of fraud and deception. A video allegedly showing one of the women removing earrings from an elderly woman has also surfaced. Police said that a female resident of the Town Ship area had contacted the emergency helpline 15 and handed the two women over to the police after the incident. Residents of the neighborhood also provided police with another video. In the footage, the two women can allegedly be seen removing earrings from an elderly woman. The video has become an important part of the investigation as authorities attempt to establish what happened before the women were taken into custody. Another video recorded by a camera installed in the room of the police station’s duty clerk has also emerged. The footage reportedly shows Anmol and Amina sitting on chairs inside the police station. They appear to be conscious and interacting with the duty clerk. The video further shows the two women talking to the clerk shortly before they leave the room. The footage is being examined as part of the investigation into their deaths and may help investigators establish their condition and movements while they were at the police station. The deaths have raised questions about what happened to the women during their time in custody. While police have ruled out visible signs of physical torture in the preliminary post-mortem examination, the presence of multiple syringe marks and the allegation that the women may have consumed poisonous tablets have prompted further investigation. Authorities are now awaiting the forensic examination results, which are expected to provide crucial evidence regarding the exact cause of death. Until the final forensic report is received, officials have not reached a definitive conclusion about how the two women died.

  • |

    Director General Sports Punjab Muhammad Tariq Qureshi announces names of four women’s teams for CM Punjab Champions League

    The number of women’s teams to be enhanced in the next edition of CM Punjab Champions League: Director General Sports Punjab Muhammad Tariq Qureshi LAHORE (July 22, 2026): Director General Sports Punjab Muhammad Tariq Qureshi has announced the names of four women’s teams that will compete in the upcoming CM Punjab Champions League. He made this announcement while addressing a high-level meeting at National Hockey Stadium on Wednesday. The meeting was attended by Punjab University Director Sports Shabbir Sarwar, Lahore College for Women University Director Sports Sumaira Sattar, Kinnaird College representative Nazish, Deputy Director Zahoor Ahmad, University of Lahore representatives Javed and Irfanullah, along with other officials. The key meeting was convened to review the preparations for the mega tournament. Former Pakistan women’s cricket team captain Nida Dar attended the meeting and briefed the participants on arrangements and preparations for the women’s competitions. Addressing the meeting, Director General Sports Punjab Muhammad Tariq Qureshi informed that the four participating women’s cricket teams are – Cholistan Champions, Potohar Pride, Chenab Challengers and Indus Invincibles. “CM Punjab Champions League will provide a suitable platform to talented female cricketers to demonstrate their cricketing potential”. Director General Sports Punjab Muhammad Tariq Qureshi said the CM Punjab Champions League matches of women cricket teams will be organized at Nawab Town Cricket Stadium while men’s 12 teams will play their matches at the LCCA Ground, Ashiana Cricket Stadium, Garhi Shahu Railway Ground and Gaddafi Stadium from August 3 to 9. Director General Sports Punjab Muhammad Tariq Qureshi said that the number of participating women’s teams would be enhanced in the next edition of the CM Punjab Champions League. “We are quite confident that the CM Punjab Champions League would help a lot in identifying highly talented young women cricketers.”

  • |

    Perez Hilton’s livestream prompts police response in Miami

    Celebrity gossip blogger Perez Hilton prompted widespread concern after police responded to his Miami home following a disturbing TikTok livestream in which he appeared to harm himself. Videos that quickly spread across social media showed the 48-year-old internet personality in an apparent state of distress. In the clips, Hilton appeared visibly agitated and was seen with blood on his body while repeatedly using an object to injure himself. The footage led viewers to contact emergency services, fearing for his safety. Authorities confirmed they received multiple reports from concerned members of the public regarding a person appearing to self-harm during a livestream. Deputies were dispatched to Hilton’s residence to assess the situation and ensure his well-being. After arriving at the property, officers determined that Hilton was alone inside his home. Law enforcement officials said they chose a de-escalation approach, avoiding direct confrontation while also communicating with members of his family. Officials explained that when responding to incidents involving an individual experiencing a mental health crisis, officers often prioritize creating time and distance to reduce tension. Crisis intervention strategies are commonly used in such situations to encourage communication while minimizing the risk of harm to the individual, responding officers, and the public. The incident has sparked renewed discussion online about mental health awareness, crisis intervention, and the emotional pressures faced by public figures whose personal struggles often unfold in front of large audiences. Hilton has previously spoken publicly about his health and emotional challenges. Earlier this year, he revealed that he had been hospitalized for nearly three weeks after what initially appeared to be a case of the flu developed into a series of serious medical complications. According to Hilton, his condition worsened significantly, leading to an ulcer, a perforation, and eventually sepsis, a life-threatening response to infection. He later described the experience as one of the most difficult periods of his life. Following his recovery and return home, Hilton shared that the ordeal had transformed his outlook on life and faith. He said the experience strengthened his spiritual beliefs and inspired him to reconnect with religion. The media personality explained that he believed the difficult experience brought him closer to God and encouraged him to begin attending church regularly with his children. He described the change as deeply personal and life-changing. In recent months, Hilton had also hinted at ongoing emotional struggles through social media. In one video shared earlier this year, he asked followers to pray for him, saying he felt he was facing intense personal challenges. Perez Hilton, whose real name is Mario Armando Lavandeira Jr., rose to fame in the mid-2000s through his celebrity gossip website, becoming one of the internet’s most recognizable entertainment bloggers. Over the years, he has remained active across various social media platforms while also focusing on raising his three children, all of whom were welcomed through surrogacy. The latest incident has prompted an outpouring of concern from fans and followers, many of whom expressed hope that Hilton receives the care and support he needs as he navigates this difficult period.

  • | |

    A$AP Rocky explains why he believes Kanye West was…

    A$AP Rocky has made headlines after opening up about his relationship with Kanye West and explaining why he believes the rapper once felt jealous of the close creative bond he shared with the late fashion visionary Virgil Abloh. During a recent appearance on The Jason Lee Show, Rocky reflected on his early years in music and fashion, discussing how Abloh played a major role in shaping his artistic identity. The rapper claimed that Kanye’s attitude changed after seeing how closely he and Abloh were collaborating on creative projects. (Reddit⁠) According to Rocky, Abloh worked on several of his projects without expecting payment, including designing album artwork, contributing to tour concepts, and helping develop his creative direction. Rocky suggested that this close partnership may have sparked feelings of jealousy in Kanye, who had long been associated with Abloh in both music and fashion. (Reddit⁠) Despite the comments, Rocky made it clear that he still respects Kanye’s influence on modern culture. He praised the rapper as one of the industry’s biggest innovators, saying artists of his generation benefited from the doors Kanye helped open. However, Rocky also acknowledged that he does not agree with everything Kanye says or does, emphasizing that admiration does not mean unconditional support. (Complex⁠) Virgil Abloh and Kanye West shared one of the most influential creative partnerships in contemporary culture. Before becoming the artistic director of Louis Vuitton’s menswear division, Abloh worked closely with Kanye on album visuals, stage design, fashion projects, and the Yeezy brand. Their collaboration helped reshape the relationship between music and luxury fashion. When Abloh died from a rare form of cancer in 2021, Kanye publicly honored his longtime friend by dedicating one of his Sunday Service gatherings to the late designer. In later interviews, Kanye also admitted that he had experienced feelings of jealousy over Abloh’s appointment at Louis Vuitton, describing it as both painful and emotional. (Yahoo News⁠) Rocky’s latest remarks have reignited conversations about the complex relationships between three of fashion and hip-hop’s most influential figures. While some fans believe his comments simply provide additional context to a long-discussed story, others argue that they reopen old wounds surrounding Abloh’s legacy. So far, Kanye West has not publicly responded to Rocky’s claims. The rapper has remained silent on social media regarding the interview, leaving fans to speculate whether he will eventually address the remarks. Although the comments have generated significant online debate, Rocky repeatedly emphasized that he holds no ill will toward Kanye. Instead, he chose to recognize the late Virgil Abloh’s lasting influence on both his career and the broader creative industry. As fans continue to reflect on Abloh’s remarkable legacy, the discussion serves as another reminder of the profound impact he had on music, fashion, and culture around the world.

  • | |

    Sindh High Court forcibly retires senior civil jud…

    The Chief Justice of the Sindh High Court has ordered the compulsory retirement of Senior Civil Judge Ayaz Ali after corruption allegations against him were found to be proven following a departmental inquiry. According to the inspection team, the inquiry established misconduct on the part of the senior civil judge. The investigation was carried out in detail by Inquiry Officer Justice Shamsuddin Abbasi, who examined the allegations and submitted his findings after completing the proceedings. The inspection team said the competent authority had initially recommended the judge’s dismissal from service. However, after conducting the final hearing and reviewing all available facts and evidence, the Chief Justice decided to impose the penalty of compulsory retirement instead of outright dismissal. Officials said the decision was made after completing all legal and administrative procedures related to the disciplinary case. The punishment was finalized following a comprehensive review of the inquiry report and the recommendations submitted by the relevant authorities. The inspection team further stated that the Sindh High Court’s order has come into immediate effect. As a result, Senior Civil Judge Ayaz Ali has been compulsorily retired from judicial service in accordance with the court’s disciplinary decision. The action reflects the judiciary’s internal accountability process, under which complaints of misconduct against judicial officers are investigated through formal inquiries before disciplinary measures are taken. The latest order concludes the proceedings against the senior civil judge and has been enforced with immediate effect.

  • |

    Gold prices edge lower in Pakistan as global rates decline

    KARACHI: Gold prices recorded a modest decline in Pakistan on Saturday, with the domestic market following a slight downward movement in international bullion rates. According to data released by the All Pakistan Sarafa Gems and Jewellers Association, the price of gold fell by Rs500 per tola, bringing the price to Rs459,936 per tola. The association reported a corresponding decline in the price of 10 grams of gold. The rate for 10 grams was reduced by Rs429, settling at Rs394,320. The decrease in domestic gold prices came as international bullion rates also moved lower. In the global market, gold fell by $5 per ounce to $4,375 per ounce. Market participants closely monitor international gold prices, currency movements and domestic demand when determining bullion rates in Pakistan. Changes in the international market can have a direct impact on local prices, particularly when combined with fluctuations in the exchange rate. Gold remains a popular investment and savings instrument in Pakistan, where consumers and investors closely track daily changes in bullion prices. Jewellery demand, inflation expectations and movements in global financial markets can also influence local buying and selling activity. The latest reduction, however, was relatively limited, indicating that the domestic bullion market remained broadly stable despite the decline in international prices.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *