ronaldo georgina spark
| |

Ronaldo, Georgina spark fresh wedding rumours

Cristiano Ronaldo and his fiancée Georgina Rodríguez have reignited speculation about their wedding after the couple were spotted wearing matching diamond rings during a summer getaway in Mallorca, Spain. The appearance quickly fuelled rumours that the football icon and his longtime partner may finally be preparing to tie the knot.
Photographs published on Friday showed Ronaldo and Rodríguez boarding a luxury yacht with friends while enjoying their holiday in Mallorca. According to The Sun, the Portuguese superstar was seen wearing a large diamond ring on the ring finger of his left hand, a finger traditionally associated with wedding and engagement bands.
Rodríguez was also photographed wearing the engagement ring Ronaldo gave her after proposing last year. The sight of both partners wearing diamond rings on their ring fingers immediately sparked fresh speculation that a wedding could be approaching.
The rumours gained further momentum after an unverified notice circulated online claiming the couple planned to marry on Saturday at Quinta da Regaleira, a historic estate in Portugal. However, the claims were never officially confirmed and were later dismissed.
Sources close to the couple denied the reports, pointing out that Quinta da Regaleira remained open to the public on the alleged wedding date and was scheduled to host an evening musical performance, making a private ceremony highly unlikely.
Fans nevertheless continued to speculate on social media. One user on X wrote:
“They have been wearing matching luxury rings for years, but hopefully this means the actual date is finally set.”
Another commented:
“If he still failed his promise he said, ‘the next day after the World Cup, he will propose to her with the WC trophy.’”
Although neither Ronaldo nor Rodríguez has publicly commented on the latest rumours, the couple have repeatedly spoken about their commitment to one another. They have been together since 2016 and share a family with their children, while Rodríguez also helps raise Ronaldo’s older children.
Ronaldo has previously addressed the topic of marriage, explaining that he intends to marry Rodríguez when the time feels right. Speaking about his future plans, he said:
“I’m going to marry her because I believe it’s the right time. Not just because she’s the mother of my children, but because she’s the person I love most.”
The heartfelt statement has frequently been cited by fans whenever speculation about the couple’s wedding resurfaces.
For now, there has been no official confirmation that wedding plans are underway. Despite the excitement generated by the matching diamond rings, reports of an imminent ceremony remain unverified. Still, the latest photographs have once again captured the imagination of fans, many of whom hope the football superstar and his longtime partner will soon make their relationship official after years together. 

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Ebola outbreak becomes Congo’s deadliest, death …

    KINSHASA: The Democratic Republic of Congo is facing its deadliest Ebola outbreak on record, with the death toll reaching 2,325 and confirmed infections climbing to 4,945, according to the latest government figures. The outbreak, declared on May 15, has now surpassed the 2,299 deaths recorded during Congo’s previous worst Ebola epidemic from 2018 to 2020. Health authorities also reported 101 new confirmed cases in a single day, highlighting the rapid spread of the disease. The current outbreak is the country’s 17th and has already become its largest in terms of confirmed cases. Only the devastating West African Ebola epidemic of 2014–2016, which killed more than 11,000 people across Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, has recorded a higher overall toll. Health officials say the outbreak is being driven by major challenges, including weak healthcare infrastructure, insecurity and resistance within some communities. Delays in detecting infections and getting patients into medical care are also contributing to the high death rate. The case fatality ratio has climbed sharply to 46%, compared with around 20% in early June. Public health experts caution that the increase does not necessarily mean the virus has become more deadly. Instead, they say many patients are being identified only after their condition has severely deteriorated or after death. The outbreak is being caused by the Bundibugyo species of Ebola, for which there are currently no approved vaccines or specific treatments. Researchers are assessing experimental vaccines and therapies, but available evidence remains limited. Ebola is transmitted through direct contact with the bodily fluids of infected people, including those who have died from the disease. Symptoms can include fever, vomiting and diarrhoea, while severe infections may lead to internal or external bleeding. The outbreak also crossed into neighbouring Uganda, where authorities confirmed 20 cases and two deaths before declaring the outbreak over last month.

  • |

    Pakistan unveils five-year plan to revive hockey

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) President Mohiuddin Ahmad Wani has unveiled an ambitious three-to-five-year roadmap aimed at rebuilding Pakistan’s national sport from the grassroots level and restoring the country’s competitiveness on the international stage. The plan comes at a difficult time for Pakistan hockey. The national team’s defeat against England in its opening match of the 2026 FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup has once again raised questions about the sport’s decline and the team’s ability to compete with the world’s leading sides. Wani said the federation wanted to move away from short-term decisions and instead build a sustainable system that could continuously produce quality players. “Our priority is not just to win one tournament but to rebuild the entire hockey ecosystem,” he said. Under the proposed system, young players would progress through school, district, provincial and national competitions before entering the senior setup. The PHF says the pathway will be based on merit, allowing talented players to rise through the ranks regardless of their background. The federation also plans to draw lessons from successful hockey systems in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and India. Greater emphasis will be placed on modern coaching, professional training methods and improved infrastructure. A major target is to increase the number of astro-turf facilities across Pakistan from the existing 52 to 100 within five years. The proposed facilities would not merely provide playing surfaces but also host coaching programmes, competitions and dedicated initiatives for women’s hockey. Coaching is another key part of the roadmap. Local coaches are expected to receive advanced training with the assistance of foreign experts, while the national side would be given greater international exposure through overseas tours and visits by foreign teams to Pakistan. The PHF also intends to improve financial incentives for players and provide clearer career opportunities, an important step toward encouraging talented youngsters to choose hockey as a long-term profession. The roadmap envisages grassroots and infrastructure development during the first year, stronger academies and coaching programmes in the second, followed by a performance review in the third year. Wani stressed that restoring Pakistan hockey would require sustained cooperation from governments, stakeholders and the public. The challenge is formidable, but the PHF hopes its long-term approach can turn Pakistan’s once-dominant hockey tradition into a competitive future rather than another chapter of sporting nostalgia.

  • |

    Iran warns US: Any aggression will be met with a strong and decisive response

    Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi has warned that any aggression against Iran or its vital infrastructure will trigger a “strong and decisive response”, emphasising that Tehran’s defense doctrine remains grounded in an “eye for an eye” policy. Writing on social media platform X, Araghchi made it clear that Iran will hit back against any strikes on its territory and cautioned that any third parties providing support to such actions will also be viewed as legitimate targets. The warning follows aggressive directives from US President Donald Trump, who ordered US Central Command (CENTCOM) to intensify strikes on Iranian positions and threatened that Iran would pay a steep price as military actions continue. An official from Iran’s Tasnim News Agency reinforced Araghchi’s statement, warning that if US forces target Iranian power plants or bridges, Iran will respond by targeting infrastructure, bridges, and energy assets associated with American interests throughout the region.

  • | |

    Aamir Khan exits Ashneer Grover biopic amid creative differences

    Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan has reportedly stepped down from the highly anticipated biographical drama based on the life of controversial entrepreneur and Shark Tank India judge Ashneer Grover, citing creative differences with director Rahul Mody. ​The project, which gained considerable traction in industry circles earlier this year, was set to feature Khan taking on the role of the outspoken BharatPe co-founder. Khan, known for his meticulous approach to character development, was reportedly fascinated by the Indian startup ecosystem and had spent significant time developing the script to align with his creative vision. However, fundamental disagreements regarding the narrative direction eventually led Khan and director Rahul Mody to part ways before production could commence. ​Despite the departure of its leading star, the project remains active and on track. Director Rahul Mody and actor Shraddha Kapoor—who is attached to the project both as a co-producer and as the female lead playing Grover’s wife, Madhuri Jain Grover—are continuing with the production. The team has reportedly initiated conversations with two to three top, relatively younger actors to take over the title role of Ashneer Grover. ​The upcoming film aims to chronicle Grover’s rapid rise within the corporate startup sphere, his tenure on television, and the high-profile legal controversies that followed his exit from BharatPe. Khan, meanwhile, remains occupied with a busy slate of projects, including his upcoming period drama with director Ashutosh Gowariker and the anticipated sequel to 3 Idiots.

  • | | |

    Bilawal rejects AJK election results, demands re-p…

    Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has rejected the results of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) elections, alleging widespread electoral irregularities and demanding fresh polling in the constituency contested by senior PPP leader Chaudhry Yasin. Addressing a workers’ convention in Muzaffarabad on Wednesday, Bilawal said his party would not accept what it  described as a manipulated election outcome. He claimed there was substantial evidence of irregularities in several polling stations and called on the election authorities to order an immediate re-poll in the disputed constituency. Bilawal alleged that around 30 polling stations in Chaudhry Yasin’s constituency were unlawfully occupied during the voting process. According to him, videos circulating on social media and obtained by the party show individuals allegedly stamping ballot papers illegally and interfering with the electoral process. He further claimed that these polling stations recorded an unusually high voter turnout of approximately 90 percent, raising questions about the credibility of the results. The PPP chairman argued that the reported turnout, combined with the alleged video evidence, justified a fresh vote to ensure transparency and public confidence in the electoral process. Criticizing the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), Bilawal accused the party of benefiting from electoral manipulation. He also made sharp political remarks against the ruling party, alleging that it had a long history of relying on rigged elections. His comments have further intensified the political dispute surrounding the AJK election results. The PPP leadership has urged the relevant election authorities to investigate the alleged irregularities and review the evidence presented by the party. Bilawal maintained that a transparent inquiry and re-polling in the affected constituency are essential to protect the integrity of the democratic process. The PML-N has not issued a detailed response to Bilawal’s latest allegations at the time of writing. Election authorities have also not announced any decision regarding the demand for re-polling. The dispute has added to the political tension following the Azad Kashmir elections, with rival parties exchanging accusations over the fairness of the electoral process. The coming days are expected to be crucial as the Election Commission reviews complaints submitted by political parties and determines whether any further action is warranted. If approved, re-polling in the disputed constituency could have implications for the final political landscape in the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly.

  • |

    US Senate moves forward with bipartisan Russia sanctions bill

    The US Senate has taken the first major step toward approving a bipartisan sanctions package aimed at increasing pressure on Russia by targeting its energy sector and financial network. The legislation advanced with strong support on Tuesday as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky visited Washington to urge American lawmakers to strengthen measures against Moscow and continue backing Ukraine. Senators voted 86 to 12 to begin formal debate on the bill, allowing it to clear its first procedural stage. Although the proposal still requires further discussion and a final vote before becoming law, the overwhelming support highlighted broad agreement in the Senate on increasing economic pressure against Russia as the war in Ukraine continues. The proposed legislation would expand sanctions on Russian government officials, wealthy business figures, financial institutions and the network of ships often referred to as the shadow fleet. These vessels have been used to transport Russian oil while avoiding existing international restrictions. Lawmakers believe cutting off these channels would reduce Russia’s ability to earn revenue from energy exports. Another major feature of the bill would give President Donald Trump the authority to impose tariffs of up to 100 percent on imports from countries that continue buying large amounts of Russian oil and natural gas. Nations such as China and India could be affected if the measure is implemented. Supporters argue that reducing demand for Russian energy is one of the most effective ways to weaken Moscow’s financial resources and limit its ability to fund military operations in Ukraine. The Senate vote came only hours after Zelensky met President Trump at the White House during his visit to the United States. The Ukrainian leader also attended the funeral of Republican Senator Lindsey Graham in Washington. Graham had been one of Ukraine’s strongest supporters in Congress and spent more than a year helping build bipartisan backing for the sanctions proposal before his death earlier this month. After meeting with lawmakers, Zelensky urged senators to maintain strong support for Ukraine and approve tougher sanctions against Russia as fighting on the battlefield continues and diplomatic efforts led by the United States remain at a standstill. Ukrainian officials have repeatedly argued that increasing economic pressure on Moscow is necessary to reduce Russia’s ability to continue the conflict. The legislation has been named in honor of Senator Graham, whose work played a key role in shaping the proposal. Shortly before his death, he reached an agreement with the White House on a revised version of the bill. In a joint statement, six Republican and Democratic senators said moving the legislation forward was the best way to recognize Graham’s commitment to supporting Ukraine and strengthening sanctions against Russia. The updated measure also includes provisions requested by President Trump to extend existing sanctions authority related to Iran’s energy and weapons sectors. Lawmakers said the changes broaden the scope of the legislation while maintaining its primary focus on increasing pressure on Russia. Despite receiving strong bipartisan backing, the proposal has faced some criticism from Democratic lawmakers. Some have expressed concern that allowing the president to impose high tariffs gives the White House too much authority. Others warned that such tariffs could increase costs for American consumers and create economic difficulties for European allies that maintain trade relationships with countries affected by the measure. Even if the Senate approves the bill, it will not become law immediately. The House of Representatives has already begun its summer recess and is not expected to return to Washington until September. As a result, final congressional action on the legislation is likely to be delayed for several weeks before lawmakers can decide whether to send it to the president for approval.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *