tirah displaced families
| |

Tirah displaced families to convene grand jirga ov…

KHYBER: Representatives of families affected by the situation in Tirah Valley will convene a grand jirga on August 20 at Bara Press Club to discuss their return, financial assistance and a future strategy for pursuing their demands.

The gathering is being organised by Tehreek Mutasireen Tirah following a consultative meeting held on Sunday. A 24-member committee, along with elected representatives and a special representative of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa chief minister, has been invited to attend the jirga.

Participants will review the difficulties faced by Tirah affectees and discuss arrangements for a safe and dignified return to their areas. The provision of financial assistance and other longstanding demands will also be taken up during the meeting.

The jirga is expected to determine the group’s next course of action and decide how to press the government to address the concerns of affected families.

During the earlier consultation, community leaders, political representatives, traders, doctors and tribal elders called on the government to ensure a secure and dignified return for the affected population and provide immediate financial support.

Tehreek Mutasireen Tirah spokesman Sohbat Afridi said the group would pursue its demands through peaceful means, stressing that any future protest strategy would reflect the wishes of the affected residents and the wider community.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Nicole Kidman reveals her secret ‘stealth mode’ for nights out

    Nicole Kidman has a clever trick for going out in public without being recognised. She calls it her stealth mode. Speaking with British Vogue, the “Babygirl” star opened up about how she enjoys ordinary outings and summer trips across Europe while keeping her identity under wraps. Her secret weapon is a slightly darker wig paired with a simple pair of glasses. Kidman described herself as genuinely skilled at slipping in and out of places unnoticed. She named cities like London, Ibiza, Paris and Portofino as regular stops during her European summers. She explained that her evenings can range from a quiet dinner party to a full night out dancing. According to her, it really comes down to two simple options, playing Scrabble at home or heading out for the night. Kidman described her typical evening rhythm in detail, starting with dinner around 10:30 pm and moving to a club by 1 am. She said she’ll usually put on glasses to help blend into the crowd. She admitted that sometimes she goes a step further, adding a dark wig to fully disguise her look. Once disguised, she said, she is free to simply enjoy dancing without being noticed. Kidman noted that staying surrounded by trusted people is essential to feeling comfortable during these outings. She said she always brings people along with her, describing that sense of company as something she genuinely needs. Elsewhere in the conversation, Kidman reflected on how differently she viewed life before her recent divorce from Keith Urban. She said she has since adopted more of a feelings-first approach to both her personal life and career. She explained that she does not want to be ruled entirely by logic anymore. According to Kidman, she once had a very different vision for how her life would unfold, but reality simply turned out differently. She said people often build detailed plans and expectations, only to find life does not follow that script. Kidman added that adjusting and adapting has become necessary, describing her future right now as something entirely unknown to her.

  • | |

    Man arrested for allegedly behaving inappropriatel…

    A 33-year-old man has been arrested in North Carolina after allegedly urinating on a family of four during a Morgan Wallen concert in Maryland last month. According to a statement shared by Maryland Transportation Authority Police on Wednesday, August 12, Jason Reed was taken into custody in North Carolina. Authorities said the incident happened during Wallen’s concert at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore in July. Reed is facing a second-degree assault charge in connection with the alleged incident. The arrest follows  tuan investigation by Maryland authorities after the family reportedly became victims of inappropriate behavior during the country singer’s performance. Police said the incident involved Reed allegedly urinating on all four members of the family. The disturbing act reportedly occurred while the concert was underway, turning what should have been an enjoyable family outing into an upsetting experience. Authorities continued their investigation after the incident and eventually identified Reed as the person allegedly responsible. His arrest in North Carolina demonstrates that investigators continued pursuing the case even after the suspect had left Maryland. The Maryland Transportation Authority Police shared details of the arrest on social media, bringing attention to the case. Officials did not indicate that the incident was connected to Wallen or his performance itself. Large concerts often attract thousands of fans, making crowd behavior and public safety an important concern for law enforcement. While most concertgoers attend to enjoy the music, incidents involving disruptive or inappropriate behavior can quickly affect other members of the audience. The alleged incident also highlights the challenges families can face at crowded events. Parents attending concerts with children generally expect to enjoy the experience in a safe and respectful environment. Reed’s arrest does not mean he has been found guilty. The allegations remain accusations, and the case will proceed through the legal system. A second-degree assault charge can carry significant legal consequences if a defendant is ultimately convicted. Meanwhile, Morgan Wallen continues his highly successful country music career, with his concerts drawing large crowds across the United States. For the family involved, however, the Maryland concert is likely to be remembered for an entirely different reason. What began as a night of live music and family entertainment allegedly ended with an uncomfortable encounter and a police investigation. As the legal process moves forward, authorities will determine the circumstances surrounding the incident and the appropriate outcome of the charges against Reed. 

  • | | |

    Maryam Nawaz’s electric bus gift to AJK sparks d…

    Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz’s decision to provide 10 electric buses to Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) has ignited a political and constitutional debate over the use of provincial resources outside Punjab. The controversy intensified after the buses arrived in Muzaffarabad just days before the first phase of the AJK Legislative Assembly elections. Maryam Nawaz shared a video on social media announcing that the green electric buses had reached Muzaffarabad. The buses carried banners featuring her photograph alongside the message, “A gift from Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz to the people of Azad Jammu and Kashmir.” The announcement came only two days before polling in the Mirpur Division, where election campaigning was underway. At the time, Maryam Nawaz and Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) President Nawaz Sharif were in the region to campaign for their party’s candidates. The timing of the announcement prompted criticism from political opponents and legal observers, who questioned whether public resources should be used during an active election campaign. The issue has also sparked a broader debate over whether a provincial government can spend taxpayer-funded resources outside its constitutional jurisdiction. Critics argue that the Punjab government’s primary responsibility is to serve the residents of Punjab, while supporters maintain that intergovernmental cooperation and public welfare projects are permissible under certain circumstances. Senior PML-N leader and Adviser to the Prime Minister Rana Sanaullah defended the party’s participation in the election campaign. Speaking to local media, he stated that because Azad Jammu and Kashmir does not have a caretaker government during elections, federal and provincial ministers are legally allowed to campaign. However, Rana Sanaullah also acknowledged concerns about the electoral process. He suggested that the newly elected AJK Legislative Assembly should consider legal reforms to prevent governments in power from influencing elections through official positions or public resources. The controversy has renewed discussions about election ethics, transparency, and the appropriate use of taxpayer funds during political campaigns. Legal experts note that while development assistance between governments is not uncommon, the timing and political context of such announcements often determine whether they are viewed as administrative decisions or campaign-related activities. As political debate continues, the electric bus initiative has become a key issue in discussions about governance, constitutional authority, and the responsible use of provincial resources ahead of elections.

  • |

    Kelly Osbourne sparks fresh drama with ex Sid Wilson

    Kelly Osbourne has sparked fresh speculation about the state of her relationship with former partner Sid Wilson after sharing a series of emotional and strongly worded posts on social media. The 41-year-old television personality took to her Instagram Stories on Monday, expressing frustration and heartbreak through several cryptic messages that many followers believe were directed at Wilson. In her first Story, Osbourne wrote about accountability and personal responsibility, suggesting that some people choose to deflect blame instead of confronting their own actions. “Strange how the loudest defense of the guilty is rarely innocence… It’s distraction. When the mask slips, they don’t face the mirror, they throw it at someone else. This is why I always take accountability! As they say some are sicker than others,” she wrote. Although she did not mention anyone by name, the timing and nature of the posts quickly fueled speculation that the remarks were aimed at her former boyfriend. Osbourne followed the message with a heartfelt image referring to her son, Sidney, whom she shares with Wilson. The post highlighted her commitment to protecting her child above everything else. “My son’s little heart once beat right beside mine. So trust me when I say… I will protect it at all costs,” the image read. The television personality continued with another emotional statement, saying she had reached her limit and wanted to move forward with her life. “Wake the fk up. Take some responsibility. I will not take your st anymore! I’m done. I want to be happy and I have a beautiful son to raise. Leave me alone. Let me heal. I can’t protect you from yourself anymore,” she wrote. Osbourne later shared another message emphasizing that her primary responsibility is ensuring her child’s emotional wellbeing and safety. She explained that she would always put her son first, regardless of anyone else’s expectations, opinions or feelings. According to the post, her role as a parent means prioritizing her child’s happiness and security above everything else, adding that protecting her family now takes precedence over preserving anyone else’s comfort. In what appeared to be her most direct message of the day, Osbourne also demanded the return of her belongings and pets while raising the issue of financial support for their son. “Also while I’m at it can I have my dogs back and all my possessions. Oh yeah and maybe some child support?” she wrote. The posts immediately attracted widespread attention online, with many fans expressing concern over the apparent breakdown in the former couple’s relationship. Neither Osbourne nor Wilson has publicly provided additional context regarding the messages. The social media updates also came amid reports that Wilson’s future with the heavy metal band Slipknot had become uncertain. Reports claimed the longtime DJ and keyboardist had been informed that he was no longer part of the band after nearly three decades. Wilson has been associated with Slipknot since its early days and has remained one of the group’s most recognizable members throughout its career. However, neither Wilson nor the band has officially addressed the reported claims. As of now, both Osbourne and Wilson have remained silent beyond the Instagram posts, leaving fans waiting for further clarification on the situation.

  • |

    Human rights organizations file federal lawsuit challenging Trump administration sanctions on ICC

    Four prominent non-governmental organizations filed a joint federal lawsuit contesting executive sanctions imposed by the Trump administration on the International Criminal Court, arguing the penalties unlawfully disrupt global war crimes prosecutions. The legal challenge, brought by Human Rights Watch, the Center for Constitutional Rights, the Open Society Institute, and the American Friends Service Committee, targets an executive order enacted in February 2025. The presidential directive established financial sanctions and travel bans against ICC officials, judges, and affiliated advocacy groups involved in investigating alleged war crimes in Palestinian territory, including cases involving senior Israeli officials. Attorneys representing the civil rights organizations contend that the broad scope of the sanctions violates First Amendment protections regarding free speech and association. The suit asserts that the threat of severe civil and criminal penalties has effectively forced US-based legal advocates to suspend representation of victims before the tribunal, while halting formal collaborations with sanctioned international rights groups. The filing marks the latest in a series of legal challenges against the administration’s broader push to limit the jurisdiction of the Hague-based court. Representatives for the US Department of State and Department of Justice did not immediately issue formal statements regarding the lawsuit.

  • | |

    US, Russian envoys congratulate Pakistan on Indepe…

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s 79th Independence Day brought messages of goodwill from two major international partners, with the United States and Russia extending warm greetings to the Pakistani people and expressing hopes for continued peace, prosperity and stronger bilateral ties. US Chargé d’Affaires Natalie A. Baker and the US diplomatic mission in Pakistan conveyed their Independence Day wishes to Pakistanis on Friday, marking the country’s 79th year as an independent nation. In its message, the US Embassy recalled the long history of relations between the two countries, noting that the United States was among the early countries to recognise Pakistan after its creation in 1947. The embassy said that Pakistan-US friendship had grown stronger over the decades, highlighting the enduring ties between the two countries and their peoples. “Over the past 80 years, the friendship between Pakistan and the United States has grown stronger,” the message said, while extending wishes for peace, happiness and prosperity to the people of Pakistan. The greeting comes as Islamabad and Washington continue to maintain engagement across several areas, including trade, investment, security, education and people-to-people ties. Russia highlights Pakistani resilience Russia’s ambassador to Pakistan also extended Independence Day greetings, describing the occasion as a reflection of the courage, determination and strong national spirit of the Pakistani people. In his message, the Russian envoy praised the resilience demonstrated by Pakistanis and expressed confidence that cooperation between Moscow and Islamabad could continue to expand. The ambassador said both countries would work together to strengthen mutual understanding and broaden their partnership in areas of shared interest. The message underscored Moscow’s interest in developing closer relations with Islamabad at a time when Pakistan is seeking to expand its diplomatic and economic partnerships. Messages arrive amid wider diplomatic engagement The messages from Washington and Moscow came as Pakistan marked Independence Day with nationwide celebrations, flag-raising ceremonies and tributes to the country’s founding leaders and those who sacrificed for independence. For Pakistan, such diplomatic messages carry significance beyond traditional greetings. They reflect the country’s longstanding relationships with major global powers and its continuing efforts to maintain engagement with partners across different regions. As Pakistan entered its 80th year since independence, the messages from the United States and Russia shared a common theme: a desire for peace, prosperity and stronger cooperation. While the two countries have different strategic relationships with Islamabad, their Independence Day messages highlighted the importance of continued engagement and mutual understanding. For Pakistanis celebrating the day, the greetings added an international dimension to the occasion, with both Washington and Moscow signalling their desire to see Pakistan move forward with stability, prosperity and deeper partnerships.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *