two suspects killed
|

Two suspects killed, policeman martyred in Orangi …

KARACHI: Two suspected robbers were killed and a police officer was martyred during an exchange of fire in Orangi Town’s Saadhe 11 area of Karachi, police said.

According to police officials, personnel from the Shaheen Force spotted two suspicious men riding a motorcycle and attempted to stop them for questioning. The suspects allegedly opened fire on the officers and tried to flee the scene.

The police team responded to the gunfire, triggering an exchange of fire between the two sides. Both suspects sustained critical injuries and died at the scene, police said.

A police officer also suffered serious gunshot wounds during the encounter. His colleagues rushed him to a nearby hospital for medical treatment, but doctors could not save him, and he later succumbed to his injuries.

Police said they are investigating the incident and working to identify the two deceased suspects. Further details about the identities of the suspects and the martyred officer were not immediately available.

Similar Posts

  • School Takes Strict Action After Senior Students Attacked Junior with a Gun

    BANGKOK – A historic all-boys school in Bangkok is facing massive outrage from concerned parents after a shocking video surfaced involving severe school bullying and a student carrying a weapon. The shocking event has deeply shaken parents and young students at a well-known local high school. The controversy centers around a student whose father is a […]

  • | |

    Joan Jett calls off upcoming shows over ‘health …

    Joan Jett is taking a temporary break from the stage after undergoing surgery for a fractured vertebra. The rock icon has canceled two upcoming September performances while she focuses on recovery and physical therapy. Jett’s team announced the news on Instagram Stories on Wednesday, August 5, explaining that the 67-year-old singer recently underwent orthopedic surgery following an injury. On doctors’ advice, she will now take time away from performing to allow her body to heal. (The News International⁠) Two September shows canceled The canceled performances include a September 5 show in Costa Mesa, California, and a September 24 concert in Louisville, Kentucky. Both appearances were part of Jett’s upcoming performance schedule. Her team said the decision was made to give the singer enough time for her recovery. Jett is expected to concentrate on physical therapy and rehabilitation before considering a return to the stage. (Page Six⁠) The announcement comes after an active period for Jett and her band, the Blackhearts. Earlier this summer, the group completed its first UK headline tour in 16 years, marking a major return for the legendary rock performer. Jett’s long career in rock music Jett has remained one of the most recognizable women in rock for decades. She first gained attention as a member of the all-female rock band the Runaways before launching her successful solo career. With the Blackhearts, she became known worldwide for songs including “I Love Rock ’n Roll,” “Bad Reputation” and “I Hate Myself for Loving You.” Her influence has continued across generations, earning her a reputation as one of rock music’s most enduring performers. Despite being in her late 60s, Jett has continued to tour and perform regularly. Her recent UK shows demonstrated that she remains committed to live music and connecting with audiences. Fans await her return News of the canceled shows has prompted an outpouring of support from fans, many of whom have wished Jett a smooth recovery. While her immediate performance plans have changed, the cancellation appears to be focused on giving her time to recover rather than signaling the end of her touring career. Jett’s team has indicated that she hopes to return to performing once she is ready. For now, the singer is prioritizing healing and following her doctors’ advice. After decades of touring and performing, the temporary pause gives the rock legend an opportunity to focus on her health before getting back onstage. Fans will undoubtedly be watching for further updates about her recovery and future concert plans. (Rolling Stone⁠)

  • | |

    Heavy monsoon rains paralyse Lahore, trigger flood…

    Heavy monsoon rains lashed Lahore on Thursday, causing widespread flooding, traffic disruptions and severe inconvenience for residents. Torrential downpours submerged roads, streets and underpasses, bringing routine life in many parts of the provincial capital to a standstill. According to official data, Lahore received 343 millimetres of rainfall over the past 48 hours. The Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) warned that the second spell of monsoon rains could increase the risk of urban flooding in different parts of the city. Rainwater accumulated at more than 130 locations, affecting both residential and commercial areas. Several major roads, intersections and low-lying neighbourhoods remained submerged for hours, making it difficult for motorists and pedestrians to move around the city. The worst-hit areas included DHA Phases 1 to 5, where standing water disrupted traffic on several important roads. Water also collected on routes connecting Defence Mor, LUMS Road, Main Boulevard DHA, Watain Chowk and Ghazi Chowk, resulting in long traffic jams and slow vehicle movement. Authorities temporarily closed the Ghazi Underpass and Masjid Chowk Underpass after they were flooded. Traffic police diverted vehicles to alternative routes to prevent accidents and reduce congestion. Waterlogging was also reported in Harbanspura, Mall Road, Cooper Road, Lakshmi Chowk and Chouburji Chowk, where drainage teams continued water removal operations. The heavy rainfall exposed weaknesses in the city’s drainage system as rainwater entered houses in several low-lying areas. Residents complained that they were forced to remove water from their homes themselves because drainage operations were unable to reach many affected neighbourhoods quickly. The rain also damaged road infrastructure. Large sinkholes appeared on Canal Road, Johar Town Main Boulevard, Bhekay Wala Mor and Khayaban-e-Firdousi. Traffic police immediately cordoned off the affected sections, diverted vehicles and called in repair teams to secure the damaged roads. PDMA said rain-related incidents across Punjab have so far claimed 21 lives during the ongoing monsoon season, while 154 people have been injured. Most fatalities resulted from building collapses, while others were caused by lightning strikes, electrocution and drowning. Authorities also reported damage to dozens of houses across the province. Following the latest spell of rain, district administrations were directed to remain on high alert and prepare for possible urban flooding and emergency situations. Officials advised citizens to avoid unnecessary travel during heavy rain, stay away from electricity poles, exposed wires and weak buildings, and follow official safety instructions. The Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA) activated emergency drainage operations across Lahore. Disposal stations continued operating at full capacity, while dewatering pumps, heavy machinery and additional staff were deployed to remove rainwater from flooded roads and underpasses. Emergency control rooms also monitored conditions around the clock to coordinate the response.

  • | | | |

    Fitness Influencer Connor Murphy Dies at 32 in Thailand Lake Drowning; Prior 2024 Pattaya Assault Allegations Resurface

    Bangkok, July 8th, 2026 American fitness YouTuber and influencer Connor Michael Murphy, aged 32, was found dead on July 7th, 2026, after drowning in a lake at a luxury residential complex in the Bang Phli district in Samut Prakan province, Thailand, according to Thai authorities and local media reports. Rescue teams recovered his body approximately […]

  • | |

    Committee formed to investigate HIV Cases at Landh…

      The authorities have established an inquiry committee to investigate the recent HIV cases reported at the Social Security Hospital in Landhi, Karachi. The decision comes after concerns were raised following the confirmation of 10 HIV cases at the hospital, prompting officials to initiate a detailed investigation into the matter. According to an official notification, a five-member inquiry committee has been constituted under the leadership of Chief Medical Officer Dr. Naila Zaheer. The committee has been assigned the responsibility of conducting a comprehensive investigation into the reported HIV cases and identifying any possible shortcomings in hospital practices that may have contributed to the situation. As part of its mandate, the committee will verify the total number of HIV cases reported at the hospital. It will also confirm the identities of the affected patients and examine laboratory reports to ensure the accuracy of the diagnoses. This verification process is considered essential to establish the exact scope of the issue before any conclusions are drawn. The inquiry will also focus on identifying the possible sources of HIV transmission. Investigators will carefully review medical procedures carried out at the hospital, particularly the use of injections and disposable syringes. The committee will examine whether proper infection prevention and control protocols were followed and whether single-use syringes and other disposable medical equipment were used appropriately. Any evidence of negligence or unsafe medical practices will be documented as part of the investigation. In addition, the committee has been directed to investigate the procurement, availability, and utilization of medicines and disposable medical supplies within the hospital. This includes reviewing purchasing procedures, stock management, and the distribution of medical equipment to determine whether any irregularities or shortages may have affected patient safety. The notification further states that the committee will compile complete records of the affected children and their parents. This data collection aims to provide a clearer understanding of the circumstances surrounding each reported case and assist in determining whether there are any common factors linking the infections. The information gathered will also help health authorities provide appropriate medical care and follow-up support to the affected families. Another important responsibility assigned to the committee is identifying any individuals or departments found responsible for lapses in hospital procedures, if such lapses are confirmed during the inquiry. The final report will include recommendations aimed at improving hospital management, strengthening infection control measures, enhancing patient safety, and preventing similar incidents in the future. The formation of the inquiry committee reflects the authorities’ effort to thoroughly investigate the reported HIV cases and ensure transparency in the process. Health officials are expected to review the committee’s findings once the investigation is completed and take tappropriate action based on its recommendations. It is worth noting that 10 HIV cases have been reported at the Social Security Hospital in Landhi, leading to growing public concern and the launch of this formal investigation. The outcome of the inquiry will play an important role in determining the cause of the reported infections and in reinforcing public confidence in healthcare services by ensuring accountability and improved safety standards.

  • Heavy Rain Warning Issued for Upper Thailand

    BANGKOK, Thailand – Residents in eight Thai provinces have been warned to remain on 24-hour alert for heavy to very heavy rain, flash floods and landslides as authorities step up preparations for severe weather during the rainy season. Thailand Braces for Severe Super El Niño Next Year The Disaster Geohazards Operation Centre announced yesterday that […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *