did bts reject
| |

Why did BTS reject Grammy race this year?

South Korean global music sensation BTS has decided not to submit its music for consideration at the 69th Grammy Awards in 2027, raising fresh debate over the Recording Academy’s newly introduced Best Asian Pop Music Performance category.

The seven-member group announced the decision through individual posts on Instagram, saying it wanted music to be appreciated for its artistic value rather than being separated by region or language.

“We hope music can be heard and loved for what it is, rather than being divided by region or language,” the group said while confirming it would not participate in the upcoming Grammy submission process.

This marks the first time BTS has stepped away from the Grammy competition, despite being one of the most influential global acts and a major force behind the worldwide rise of K-pop.

The controversy began after the Recording Academy introduced the Best Asian Pop Music Performance category, which will debut at the 69th Grammy Awards scheduled for February 2027. The category aims to recognise outstanding pop performances from Asian markets, including K-pop, J-pop and C-pop, featuring Asian languages.

However, BTS’ decision highlighted concerns among some artists and fans that creating region-based categories could create divisions within global music rather than promoting equal recognition.

Responding to the group’s announcement, Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason Jr. said he was disappointed but respected BTS’ choice.

Mason explained that the new category was created to celebrate the diversity, growth and creativity of Asian artists, not to separate them from other musicians.

He said the purpose of the award was to provide more opportunities for artists to receive recognition from Grammy voters and emphasized that artists nominated in genre categories could still compete for major awards, including Record of the Year, Album of the Year and Song of the Year.

“The category was created to shine a spotlight on important artists and expand recognition,” Mason said, adding that genre categories and major Grammy fields remain open to all eligible musicians.

BTS’ decision comes after a major comeback year for the group. The band released its album “ARIRANG” in March 2026 after completing mandatory military service commitments. The album achieved major international success, spending two weeks at the top of the Billboard 200 chart and setting a new milestone for a K-pop act.

Over the past decade, BTS has become one of the biggest names in global entertainment, breaking language barriers and helping Korean music gain mainstream acceptance worldwide.

The group, consisting of RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook, has previously received multiple Grammy nominations and has repeatedly pushed for greater recognition of K-pop within the academy’s major award categories.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Nawaz Sharif heading LHAR to give old Lahore a new…

    Lahore’s old city is going through a major change under a heritage revival plan, and the project has now been placed directly under the leadership of Pakistan Muslim League-(N) leader Muhammad Nawaz Sharif. According to a recent notification issued by the Punjab government’s Local Government and Community Development Department, Nawaz Sharif has been made chairman of the newly formed board of the Lahore Heritage Area Revival project, also known as (LHAR) and patron-in-chief of the Punjab Walled Cities and Heritage Areas Authority (PWCHAA) Earlier, Nawaz Sharif only held the position of chief patron of the project. This meant he could give advice but had no formal powers. Under the new rules, the project’s legal structure has been changed, and a proper board has been formed. This board is now headed directly by the three-time former prime minister. The notification was published in the Punjab Gazette on July 23. It was issued under Section 8-A of the Punjab Walled Cities and Heritage Areas Authority Act 2012. The notification was approved by the governor of Punjab. With this change, the Lahore Heritage Area Revival Board has been formally established. The board now has full executive and administrative powers. Officials say this step was taken to remove bureaucratic delays in restoring the city’s historic fabric. The heritage revival areas cover Mughal, Sikh and colonial-era sites. Details of the ongoing work will be shared soon. Several government departments are working together on the project. These include the Traffic Engineering and Planning Agency, known as TEPA, C&W and PWCHAA. TEPA is handling infrastructure work, such as building basements and parking. The PWCHAA is handling the restoration of old buildings. A major part of the plan is to turn old city streets into pedestrian zones. This includes the route from New Anarkali to Paan Gali in Lohari. It also includes Bora Bazaar, which has Bakshi Market inside it. Another walking route will run from Kacheri Chowk to Anarkali and then onward to Neela Gumbad. To name a few. Many buildings along these routes are old. All of them are being restored as part of the project. One of the biggest parts of the plan is a new public space called Neela Gumbad Square, where a two-floor underground parking garage is being built; it will become a place for families to walk and gather. Fountains and seating areas will be added. The Parks and Horticulture Authority will help plant trees and grass in the area. Other nearby heritage sites are also being restored. These include Ewing Hall and the first Bank of India building. The mosque near Neela Gumbad is also being renovated, while some roads nearby will be closed for traffic. LHAR spokesperson also responded to earlier criticism in media reports, where past reports only mentioned TEPA, even though other departments were also doing important work on the ground. The project now has a monitoring cell in place to track progress and check timely completion. The spokesperson further said that shopkeepers near Neela Gumbad were paid compensation a year before their shops were relocated. The officials had collected data on each shop’s daily business and income before deciding how much compensation to give; this was done so shopkeepers would not lose their livelihood during construction. With Nawaz Sharif now in the driving seat and his past records of completing mega projects on time, officials believe the project will move forward faster. The government says the goal is to restore Lahore’s historic buildings and streets while creating new public spaces for residents and visitors.

  • | |

    US report urges stronger parliament oversight of P…

    WASHINGTON: Pakistan needs to strengthen parliamentary oversight of its public finances by improving the timely disclosure of budget proposals, government debt and other fiscal information, according to a new US State Department assessment. The findings were published in the department’s 2026 Fiscal Transparency Report, an annual review examining how governments make financial information available to citizens and whether public institutions have adequate oversight mechanisms. The report acknowledged several positive aspects of Pakistan’s fiscal system but highlighted important gaps that could make it harder for Parliament and the public to fully assess government spending plans and financial risks. One of the key concerns was the delayed publication of the executive budget proposal. The report said Pakistan did not release the proposal within a reasonable period, limiting the opportunity for lawmakers and citizens to examine spending and revenue priorities before the budget was formally approved. The State Department recommended that the government publish its proposed budget in a timely manner to allow greater public scrutiny and parliamentary debate. The report also raised concerns over the limited disclosure of government debt obligations, particularly liabilities linked to major state-owned enterprises. More comprehensive information, it said, would provide a clearer picture of Pakistan’s overall financial position and help identify potential fiscal risks. Despite these shortcomings, the assessment offered credit for several areas of Pakistan’s financial transparency. It said enacted budgets and year-end reports were widely and easily accessible, including online. Publicly available budget documents were also found to provide a substantially complete picture of most planned government expenditures and revenues, including income from natural resources. Pakistan’s auditing arrangements received a broadly favourable assessment. The report said budget information was generally reliable and subject to scrutiny by the country’s supreme audit institution. It further noted that the institution met international standards of independence and made its findings public within a reasonable period. The assessment also examined natural resource contracts and public procurement. It found that Pakistan had established legal procedures for awarding natural resource extraction licences and appeared to follow them in practice. Information on public procurement contracts was also considered accessible. However, the report identified a particularly sensitive area requiring greater oversight: military and intelligence spending. According to the assessment, the budgets of military and intelligence agencies were not subject to adequate parliamentary or civilian public oversight. The State Department included stronger scrutiny of these expenditures among its principal recommendations. Overall, the report presented a mixed picture rather than describing Pakistan’s fiscal system as broadly opaque. It recognised progress in publishing budgets, audit findings and procurement information while urging authorities to close key transparency gaps. The recommendations underline the importance of timely financial disclosure and stronger parliamentary scrutiny in improving accountability, public confidence and the management of Pakistan’s fiscal risks.

  • | |

    Israel quietly receives advanced INS Drakon submar…

    JERUSALEM: Israel has quietly taken delivery of the advanced INS Drakon submarine, with the handover reportedly taking place without the usual public ceremony or official fanfare. According to media reports, the submarine belongs to the Dakar-class fleet and was built in Germany by Thyssenkrupp Marine Systems (TKMS). The vessel is regarded as one of the most sophisticated additions to the Israeli Navy’s underwater fleet. Defense analysts say the INS Drakon is designed for long-range covert operations, intelligence gathering, and extended deployments at sea, significantly enhancing Israel’s naval capabilities. The submarine is part of Israel’s ongoing efforts to modernize its maritime defense amid evolving regional security challenges. Some defense experts have also suggested that Israel’s Dolphin-class submarines may be capable of carrying nuclear-armed missiles, although Israeli authorities have never officially confirmed such capabilities. The arrival of the INS Drakon further strengthens Israel’s strategic naval deterrence and expands its ability to conduct long-duration missions across distant maritime regions.

  • |

    Enola Holmes 3 review: A mystery sequel that loses its spark

    Enola Holmes 3 fails to build on the charm and excitement that made its predecessors so enjoyable. While the film delivers another mystery featuring the beloved young detective, it lacks the energy, emotional impact and memorable storytelling that helped establish the franchise. One of the biggest disappointments is the music. The earlier films were elevated by their distinctive orchestral themes, particularly the memorable score that became closely associated with Enola’s adventures. This time, however, the familiar musical identity is largely absent, with only a brief nod to it near the end. The new soundtrack does its job but never leaves a lasting impression, making the film feel less emotionally engaging. The same issue extends to the overall filmmaking. Although the direction is polished and the screenplay keeps the story moving, neither brings enough suspense or imagination to make this chapter stand out. The mystery lacks the sense of excitement and cleverness audiences have come to expect from the series, making the adventure feel more routine than thrilling. The story follows Enola Holmes as she prepares to marry Tewkesbury in Malta. However, the celebrations are interrupted when Sherlock Holmes and Tewkesbury’s mother mysteriously disappear. Determined to uncover the truth, Enola launches another investigation with Tewkesbury and Dr. Watson. Their search uncovers secrets tied to Britain’s colonial past, leading them into dangerous territory filled with hidden motives and long-buried treasures. Millie Bobby Brown once again steps into the role of Enola with confidence and charisma, though the material gives her limited opportunities to truly shine. Louis Partridge remains a likeable presence as Tewkesbury, while Henry Cavill returns as Sherlock Holmes. However, Sherlock has noticeably less screen time than before, and his interactions with the rest of the cast are surprisingly limited, making his role feel underused. The supporting cast, including Helena Bonham Carter and Sharon Duncan-Brewster, deliver committed performances. Duncan-Brewster portrays Moriarty with theatrical flair, embracing the character’s dramatic nature. At times, however, several performances lean toward exaggerated expressions and heightened emotions, reducing the natural chemistry between characters. Visually, the film captures Malta’s scenic locations well, offering attractive backdrops for the investigation. Yet the impressive settings cannot compensate for a story that rarely generates genuine tension or surprise. Many plot developments are predictable, and the mystery lacks the clever twists that usually define Holmes-inspired adventures. The romance between Enola and Tewkesbury receives significant attention and becomes one of the film’s central emotional threads. While their relationship remains appealing, the heavy focus on romance occasionally overshadows the detective elements that made the franchise unique. Ultimately, Enola Holmes 3 is an entertaining but uninspired sequel. It offers enough familiar faces and lighthearted moments to satisfy devoted fans, but it rarely captures the wit, mystery and emotional spark that defined the earlier films. Despite competent performances and polished production values, the film settles for being serviceable rather than memorable, making it one of the weaker entries in the series.

  • |

    FBI questions Argentina FA president over $300m probe

    The US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has begun investigating Argentine Football Association (AFA) President Claudio Tapia as part of a wider inquiry into the alleged laundering of more than $300 million in sponsorship funds linked to the 2026 FIFA World Cup. According to international media reports, the investigation gained attention after Argentina’s national football team completed its World Cup campaign and was preparing to return to Buenos Aires from the United States on a charter flight. Reports said US authorities stopped Claudio Tapia before departure and questioned him for approximately 30 minutes. During the questioning, investigators reportedly took possession of his mobile phone as part of the ongoing inquiry into financial transactions connected to the case. Following the incident, some media outlets reported that Tapia had been arrested. However, the Argentine Football Association strongly rejected those claims. The association said neither Tapia nor AFA Treasurer Pablo Toviggino had been arrested or summoned by any US court. The football body did confirm that a third individual had received a subpoena to appear before a US grand jury. According to the association, investigators may seek information from that individual regarding certain officials and financial matters linked to the organisation. US investigators are reportedly reviewing commercial and sponsorship agreements valued at more than $300 million. The inquiry is focused on determining whether any funds connected to those agreements were transferred through the US banking system in a way that could indicate money laundering or other financial crimes. Investigators are also examining banking records showing that millions of dollars moved through several US financial institutions. Reports suggest that some of the funds remained in certain accounts for only a short period before being transferred to other destinations, prompting further scrutiny of the transactions. Authorities are analysing financial documents, payment records, and banking activities to determine whether the movement of funds complied with US financial regulations or involved attempts to conceal the origin or destination of the money. The investigation forms part of a broader examination of financial activities connected to Argentine football. It follows law enforcement operations conducted in Argentina last year as part of separate investigations into suspected money laundering involving football-related finances.

  • |

    Houthis strike Saudi Aramco refinery following historic defence pact with Pakistan and Turkey

    Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthis launched a drone strike against Saudi Aramco’s Jazan refinery, just two days after Saudi Arabia signed a tripartite defence pact with Turkey and Pakistan to bolster regional deterrence. The Saudi Energy Ministry confirmed that emergency crews extinguished a fire resulting from the drone strike at the 400,000-barrel-per-day facility, reporting no casualties or disruptions to operations. The Houthis also executed combined missile and drone strikes against the Yemeni Red Sea port city of Mocha, killing seven people and damaging critical maritime infrastructure near the Bab-el-Mandeb strait. The newly forged Saudi alliance with Pakistan and Turkey specifies that an armed aggression against one signatory constitutes an attack on all, though member states have not yet detailed any operational military response. Houthi military spokesperson Yahya Saree stated that the Red Sea strikes targeted Saudi military assets and ammunition stores, framing the operations as part of an ongoing naval blockade against the kingdom. The escalating attacks in the Red Sea further complicate global energy transport, depriving Saudi Arabia of key alternative routes while regional access through the Strait of Hormuz remains constrained.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *