mlo removed after
| |

MLO removed after lapses in Mir Raza autopsy

Authorities have removed Medico-Legal Officer Dr Osama from his post following an inquiry into serious shortcomings in the initial post-mortem examination of businessman Mir Raza Ali.

Officials said the doctor has been directed to appear before the relevant authorities as part of an inquiry into the alleged procedural lapses. The action comes after questions were raised over the accuracy and completeness of the initial medico-legal examination.

The case came under renewed scrutiny after a dispute emerged between police investigators and the Karachi police surgeon over shortcomings in the original medico-legal report. The family subsequently approached a Karachi court, seeking a fresh examination of the body.

The court later permitted the exhumation of Mir Raza Ali. A second autopsy conducted after the exhumation reportedly found evidence indicating that the businessman had sustained a gunshot injury to the back.

The new medical examination identified two gunshot holes in his clothing, along with several other injuries. Medical findings also reportedly included marks of violence, injuries to the feet, a fracture and a roughly 12-centimetre injury to the right thigh, as well as a deep injury and fracture around the jaw.

A separate chemical examination has also added new dimensions to the investigation. According to the report, particles consistent with acid were detected on the victim’s shirt, while material associated with gunshot residue was also found.

The report further indicated that efforts may have been made to conceal the victim’s identity and that fingerprints were not detected on his hands.

Family lawyer Jibran Nasir has previously raised questions about the initial investigation, including the absence of an X-ray and the failure to establish the cause of death in the first examination. He has also alleged that acid burns may have damaged the victim’s face.

The family has urged investigators to examine CCTV footage, digital records and other forensic evidence. Questions have also been raised over the handling of the victim’s mobile phone, smartwatch and surveillance recordings from locations linked to the case.

Investigators are now examining additional evidence and locations connected to the death. Authorities have also moved to obtain the victim’s mobile data records and conduct geofencing around the relevant crime scene.

The new probe team is also coordinating with the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency to determine whether Mir Raza had received threats before his death.

Mir Raza’s family has said it is cooperating with investigators and has provided information about several suspicious individuals and locations. His father, Mir Hussain, has expressed hope that the newly constituted investigation team will establish the facts and take the case to its logical conclusion.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    Wedding joy turns to mourning, Rickshaw falls into…

    Muzaffargarh: A wedding celebration turned into a tragedy after an overloaded rickshaw carrying members of a wedding party plunged into a canal on Monday evening, leaving at least seven people dead and several others missing. According to rescue officials, the incident occurred when the rickshaw, which was carrying a large number of passengers including women and children, reportedly lost control while travelling along the canal-side road. The vehicle skidded off the road and fell into the water. Local residents and rescue divers immediately launched an operation to search for the passengers. Nine people were rescued alive and shifted to a nearby hospital for medical treatment. Some of those rescued were reported to be in critical condition. Rescue teams have so far recovered the bodies of seven people. The deceased have been identified as 14-year-old Dilawar, son of Abdul Rasheed; seven-year-old Muneeb, son of Rashid; 58-year-old Sakina Bibi, wife of Allah Ditta; 15-year-old Sameera Bibi, daughter of M Shafiq; M Saim, son of M Iqbal; seven-year-old M Sabtain, son of Musharraf; and nine-year-old Raju, son of M Iqbal. Several passengers are still believed to be missing. Those reported missing include M Bilal, son of M Iqbal; M Yasir, son of Fida Hussain; M Ali, son of M Shafiq; Usman, son of Ghulam Fareed; Shakir, son of Ashiq Hussain; Hassnain, son of Musharraf Ali; Iqbal Bibi, daughter of Fida Hussain; Kaleem Ullah, son of Basheer Ahmad; and Zareef, son of Wazeer Ahmad. The rickshaw was reportedly carrying far more passengers than its permitted capacity, raising concerns about dangerous overloading. Rescue teams continued their search operation on Tuesday as authorities feared the death toll could increase. The incident has cast a pall of grief over the families of the wedding party, with relatives anxiously awaiting information about their loved ones as the recovery operation continues.

  • |

    Ariana Grande clears the air on her big break

    Ariana Grande has finally addressed the timing behind her decision to step away from the spotlight. She brought it up herself during a stop on her Eternal Sunshine Tour in Chicago on Monday, August 3. Speaking to the crowd, the 33-year-old singer and actress made it clear the choice was not made overnight. “The announcement that was made yesterday was not a reactive or impulsive thing,” she said. She added that it was a decision she had made quietly, well before it became public. Grande also pushed back against claims that online criticism had pushed her into this choice. She said the decision came from a confident and thoughtful place, not from outside pressure. According to her, more than one thing can be true at once. People can need boundaries. People can need rest. And this chapter of her career can still be one of the best she has ever had. Before wrapping up, she turned her attention to her fans. She said no amount of online noise could ever compete with the bond she shares with them. To her, that connection remains the most real thing in the picture. Her remarks followed a statement from her representative, shared with Deadline just a day earlier. The statement confirmed that Grande plans to step back from public life once her tour ends. Her team said she wants to finish the tour on a high note before taking time away from the spotlight, following months of intense public scrutiny. The break is not limited to music. Grande has also dropped out of the upcoming West End revival of Sunday in the Park with George. The role would have reunited her with Wicked co-star Jonathan Bailey. This news comes shortly after the release of her eighth studio album, Petal. The 12-track project arrived alongside a music video for its lead single. That video sparked fresh concern among fans, many of whom commented on how different she looked. Grande kicked off the Eternal Sunshine Tour back in June, playing her first show on June 6 in Oakland, California. The tour is set to run for 41 dates total, wrapping up at London’s O2 Arena on September 1.

  • | | |

    ‘No more theatre’: Ghalibaf challenges Trump over talks

    TEHRAN: Iran’s Parliament Speaker and chief negotiator Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf has delivered a blunt message to US President Donald Trump, calling for facts, commitments and serious diplomacy instead of what he described as political theatre. Reacting to Trump’s remarks suggesting that a major attack could be imminent, Ghalibaf said Iran was still prepared to negotiate, but expected the United States to demonstrate seriousness at the negotiating table. “Accept the facts and fulfil your promises,” Ghalibaf said, stressing that there was no need for further diplomatic drama and that responsible conduct was required. His comments come amid heightened tensions between Tehran and Washington, with negotiations remaining a key focus even as both sides continue to exchange strong warnings. Ghalibaf has emerged as a central figure in Iran’s diplomatic efforts and has been involved in negotiations with the United States. He was also re-elected as speaker of Iran’s parliament in May, securing 235 votes from 271 lawmakers who cast ballots. Ghalibaf accused Washington of repeatedly using pressure tactics, including threats, broken promises and what he characterized as false reports. According to him, such an approach has failed to achieve its intended purpose. The Iranian official’s message combines a firm warning with an opening for dialogue: Tehran, he suggested, is willing to talk, but not under pressure. The latest remarks could add another layer of uncertainty to already fragile US-Iran diplomacy, particularly as both sides weigh whether negotiations can prevent another escalation.

  • Thai Street Coconut Pancake ‘Khanom Khrok’ Earns Spot Among World’s Best Desserts

    BANGKOK — Khanom khrok, the beloved Thai coconut pancake that has graced street corners and markets for generations, has earned international recognition by ranking among the world’s 100 best desserts for 2026 in an online survey conducted by TasteAtlas, the widely recognized “World Food Atlas.” Thai mango sticky rice dessert craze grows as embassies join […]

  • | |

    Dua Lipa shares Sunny Hill Festival highlights

    Dua Lipa has given fans an inside look at her time at Sunny Hill Festival, sharing a vibrant collection of photos and videos that captured the excitement of the event. The Grammy-winning singer posted a 20-slide Instagram carousel featuring live performances, behind-the-scenes moments and late-night memories from the festival’s second day. The 30-year-old Albanian-British pop star uploaded the post on Sunday, August 2, inviting followers to experience the festival alongside her through a series of candid images and video clips. The carousel documented everything from energetic performances on stage to relaxed moments away from the spotlight, offering fans a closer look at one of Europe’s biggest summer music events. Captioning the post, Dua wrote: “DAY TWO ON THE HILL @sunnyhillfestival Between @esdeekid @lewiscapaldi @gjin and @pawsaofficial it’s been a rollercoaster of emotions!!!! AND I NEVER WANT IT TO END.” The singer’s montage featured performances by Lewis Capaldi, Gjin, PAWSA, and Esdeekid, showcasing the lively atmosphere that kept audiences entertained throughout the festival. Through the videos, fans were able to witness the packed crowds, energetic stage performances and memorable moments that defined the second day of the event. Away from the concerts, Dua also shared several playful clips with her sister, Rina Lipa. The siblings were seen dancing, jumping and singing together while enjoying the festival, giving followers a glimpse of their close bond. The candid moments highlighted the relaxed atmosphere behind the scenes and reflected the singer’s excitement about spending time with family during the event. Among the carousel’s standout moments was a humorous late-night clip filmed in the early hours of the morning. Near the end of the post, Dua recorded herself picking up a sandwich at 4:28 a.m., with music from the festival still playing in the background. Treating the meal as breakfast, the singer jokingly embraced the festival’s non-stop schedule, showing that the celebrations continued well into the early morning hours. The light-hearted moment quickly became one of fans’ favourite clips from the photo dump, with many praising the singer for sharing authentic glimpses of her experience rather than only polished stage images. Sunny Hill Festival has grown into one of Europe’s leading music festivals, attracting internationally recognised performers and thousands of fans each year. Dua Lipa has long been closely associated with the event and frequently uses her platform to celebrate its atmosphere and performers. Her latest Instagram post once again reflected that enthusiasm, combining spectacular concert footage with personal memories that resonated with fans around the world. As the festival continues, Dua’s latest social media update has offered followers a front-row seat to the music, laughter and unforgettable experiences that have defined her time at Sunny Hill. From electrifying performances to spontaneous late-night snacks, the singer’s photo dump perfectly captured the energy and joy of one of the summer’s biggest musical celebrations. 

  • |

    Govinda hits back at wife Sunita over ‘sugar daddy’ claims

    Govinda has finally responded after wife Sunita Ahuja publicly accused him of having an affair with his “Roopa” co-star, Komal Rani Swarnkar. Sunita had reportedly called him a “sugar daddy” in connection with the actress. The 62-year-old actor addressed his wife’s remarks at length, saying they were actively damaging both his reputation and his career. He pointed out that Sunita had once relied on his help for her own shows during the lockdown period. Now that he has begun work on a new film, Govinda claimed his wife seems determined to make sure he loses public goodwill or faces professional setbacks. He said her comments felt deliberately aimed at hurting his business. The actor also spoke more broadly about people from modest backgrounds entering the film industry. He said such newcomers shouldn’t be humiliated to the point where they feel scared enough to walk away from their careers entirely. Addressing the age-gap criticism surrounding his pairing with Komal, Govinda noted that several senior actors have worked alongside younger co-stars while still appearing youthful on screen. He suggested his wife seemed unwilling to accept that he could still look youthful himself. He further claimed that a specific group was actively working to damage his public image. Govinda appealed directly to Sunita, asking her to show some restraint and stop making public statements about the matter. He also criticised his wife for using abusive language in her recent comments. Govinda warned that young fans following her online could end up imitating that kind of behaviour if it continues. The controversy comes as Govinda and Komal have been making joint public appearances recently while promoting “Roopa.” The two were first spotted together at Mumbai airport, months after Sunita had hinted that the woman allegedly involved with her husband was a newcomer to the industry. They were seen together again on Friday, reigniting public interest in the ongoing dispute. As of now, Sunita has not issued a fresh public response to her husband’s latest remarks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *