nicole kidman opens
|

Nicole Kidman opens up on facing an ‘unknown’ future post-divorce

Nicole Kidman is opening up about the emotional aftermath of her divorce from Keith Urban. She admitted the split has left her feeling both fearful and vulnerable, while also teaching her something valuable.

During a new British Vogue cover interview published Thursday, August 13, the 59-year-old reflected on choosing to prioritise her feelings, both personally and professionally. She said her goal isn’t to let logic completely take over her decisions.

Kidman explained that she never expected this outcome and had a very different picture of how her life would unfold. She acknowledged simply having to accept where things stand now instead.

She said people naturally build plans and expectations for the future, only for life to take a different turn. According to Kidman, adjusting and adapting to that shift becomes necessary once it happens.

She was candid about not knowing what lies ahead for her at this point. Kidman described her future as completely unknown right now, admitting that uncertainty comes with real emotional weight.

Looking back, the actress admitted she’d once felt very fearful and deeply vulnerable during parts of this process. She described that vulnerability as something that left her feeling exposed.

Kidman explained that she was left with essentially two choices when facing that fear. She said she could either avoid confronting it entirely or move forward carrying a strong sense of hope instead.

She appears to have chosen the latter, framing her outlook with cautious optimism despite the uncertainty. Her comments offer a rare, personal glimpse into how she’s processing this major life change.

Kidman and Urban married in June 2006 in Sydney and share two daughters, Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret. The couple reportedly separated in late 2025 before finalising their divorce in January 2026, citing irreconcilable differences after 19 years together.

Since the split, Kidman has remained largely private about the details, offering only limited public reflections. This latest interview marks one of her most candid discussions yet about navigating life after the marriage’s end.

Similar Posts

  • |

    British firm begins salvage of grounded shadow fleet tanker leaking oil off Oman coast

    British maritime response firm Ambrey has launched an emergency operation to contain an expanding oil spill from the grounded Russian shadow fleet tanker Caroline Bezengi off the coast of Oman, following weeks of worsening environmental damage. Specialist crews boarded the vessel with assistance from the Royal Air Force of Oman to evaluate its structural integrity and begin stabilization procedures. The 25-year-old vessel, carrying an estimated 800,000 barrels of sanctioned Russian crude, ran aground at Qabiliyah Island on 30 June after experiencing an unexplained explosion off Yemen earlier in the month. Severe weather conditions from the regional Khareef monsoon season have accelerated the spread of the slick, which has expanded across more than 2,000 square kilometers of sea. Oman’s Environment Authority confirmed that crude pollution has reached shoreline sediments in the Ras Madrakah area, more than 200 kilometers north of the grounding site, and warned that the slick threatens sensitive habitats including the protected Hallaniyat Archipelago reserve. Environmental advocates and maritime experts have warned that the disaster could worsen dramatically if the increasingly submerged hull breaks open completely, potentially releasing tens of millions of gallons of crude into the Arabian Sea. Recovery efforts remain hindered by monsoon conditions and the vessel’s lack of recognized Western insurance coverage.

  • | |

    Woman booked over alleged airport misconduct

    A case has been registered against a female passenger over alleged misconduct and resistance towards immigration officials at Islamabad International Airport. The case was registered against the passenger, identified as Rabia, following a complaint filed by the Federal Investigation Agency’s (FIA) immigration authorities. According to police, the woman was scheduled to travel to the United Arab Emirates on a private airline under a family visit visa. She was stopped during the immigration process for further verification of her travel documents. Officials said the passenger was travelling on a paper-based visa, for which the airline was required to obtain an OK-to-Board (OKTB) verification before allowing her to travel. The airline staff reportedly took her boarding pass for the required verification process. According to the First Information Report (FIR), the passenger allegedly misbehaved with immigration officials and resisted their instructions during the process. The FIR further alleges that she attempted to take back her passport and other documents from the immigration staff and issued threats to officials. The incident was also reportedly recorded on video, which was later uploaded to social media. Police said the passenger was offloaded from the flight because of her alleged non-cooperation and resistance during the immigration procedure. Following the incident, she was taken to the police station at Islamabad International Airport for further legal proceedings. Authorities also took several items into custody, including her passport, mobile phone, Rs17,000 in cash, handbag and trolley bag. Police said further investigation into the incident was under way and the allegations would be examined as part of the legal process.

  • | |

    Christopher Nolan calls out modern film criticism …

    Acclaimed filmmaker Christopher Nolan has shared his thoughts on the growing culture of online movie criticism, arguing that many discussions about films have become more focused on quick judgments than thoughtful analysis. Speaking during an interview on the Beijing China podcast with host Zong Xu, the Oscar-winning director reflected on what he believes is a fundamental flaw in today’s film criticism. (worldofreel.com⁠) Nolan’s comments come shortly after the release of The Odyssey, his latest epic adaptation inspired by Homer’s classic tale. While the film has received strong reviews from professional critics and audiences alike, the director used the interview to address a broader issue rather than responding to reactions to his own work. He suggested that the rise of social media has encouraged many people to evaluate films too quickly without fully engaging with them. (worldofreel.com⁠) According to Nolan, the biggest problem is not that people criticize movies but that criticism often becomes instant and superficial. He argued that meaningful film discussion requires patience, context and a willingness to understand what a filmmaker is trying to achieve instead of immediately deciding whether a movie is “good” or “bad.” In his view, cinema is an art form that deserves deeper conversation rather than snap reactions designed to attract attention online. (worldofreel.com⁠) The director also emphasized that audiences should feel free to form their own opinions. However, he warned against treating every personal opinion as informed criticism. Nolan explained that professional critics often spend years studying film history, storytelling and filmmaking techniques, allowing them to provide context that goes beyond simple personal preference. He believes this difference is sometimes overlooked in today’s digital landscape. (worldofreel.com⁠) Nolan has long been known for creating ambitious films that spark debate, including Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk and the Oscar-winning Oppenheimer. His projects frequently encourage viewers to revisit them, discovering new themes and details with each viewing. That philosophy, he suggested, is becoming harder to appreciate in an era dominated by immediate online reactions. (britannica.com⁠) His latest remarks have already generated discussion across social media, with some agreeing that thoughtful criticism has become less common, while others argue that online platforms have made film discussion more accessible and diverse than ever before. The debate reflects the changing relationship between filmmakers, critics and audiences in the digital age. As The Odyssey continues its global theatrical run, Nolan hopes viewers will take the time to experience films with an open mind before rushing to judgment. For the celebrated director, meaningful criticism should encourage deeper appreciation of cinema rather than reducing complex works to quick opinions shared in the heat of the moment.

  • | |

    Shuja Asad joins protest for Wafflix founder Mir Raza

    The murder of 25-year-old Karachi entrepreneur Mir Raza has sent shockwaves through the city, and actor Shuja Asad is among those who have chosen not to stay silent about it. Mir Raza was a young Karachi-based entrepreneur who had built a dessert brand called Wafflix from the ground up. At just 25, he was carving out a name for himself in the business world, the kind of story that Pakistan needs more of. Then, in a devastating and senseless turn, he was abducted in his hometown. His body was later found in Gulistan-e-Johar, another young life violently cut short in a city that has seen too many. Shuja Asad, who has been building a strong reputation through back-to-back hit drama projects, stepped away from his professional commitments and joined a protest at Bahadurabad demanding justice for Mir Raza. YouTuber Azlan Shah joined him at the demonstration, and both added their voices to a growing chorus of citizens asking how a young man building something legitimate could simply be taken and killed without accountability following. What made Asad’s presence and his remarks particularly pointed was the comparison he drew, one that landed hard with those who heard it. He noted that law enforcement agencies had been visibly active in responding to Wasim Akram’s missing dog, a situation that had generated its own wave of public attention, while a young man had been abducted and murdered without the same urgency or visible response. The contrast was stark and his willingness to name it publicly was widely appreciated. He also called directly on Karachiites to join the protest and demand that Mir Raza’s case be taken seriously. His message was clear: this was not someone else’s tragedy to grieve from a distance. This was a Karachi story, and the people of Karachi had a responsibility to show up. The response from the public was immediate and warm. “He is right. Young men of Karachi deserve better,” wrote one person. “Great brother Shuja,” said another. A third commenter offered direct appreciation: “You took a great stance.” The reactions reflected a genuine sense of gratitude that a public figure with reach had chosen to use that reach for something that mattered. For many ordinary Karachiites who have felt the helplessness of watching violence go unaddressed, seeing Shuja Asad standing at a protest rather than simply posting a condolence message from behind a screen carried real meaning. Mir Raza’s case is still being investigated. For his family and for everyone who knew him, the demand is simple and urgent. Justice for a 25-year-old who was working hard, building something, and deserved to live.

  • | |

    NAB chairman grilled over bureau’s performance

    A meeting of the Senate Standing Committee on Law and Justice was held under the chairmanship of Senator Farooq H Naek, where National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Chairman Nazir Ahmed Butt appeared before the committee on its instructions. During the meeting, Senator Farooq H Naek remarked that the NAB chairman had perhaps appeared before the committee for the first time. In response, Nazir Ahmed Butt said that it was his first appearance before the committee as NAB chairman. He added that he had appeared before the committee several times while performing his previous responsibilities. The NAB chairman said he had been assigned the responsibility in 2023. He recalled that ministers he met during his tenure repeatedly complained that the bureaucracy was afraid to make decisions and was therefore reluctant to work. During the meeting, NAB Director General Operations briefed the committee on the bureau’s powers and performance. The official said NAB had received 505,799 complaints since its establishment. He said NAB also operates as an investigative agency under the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2010. According to the briefing, NAB has so far completed 12,147 inquiries, conducted 7,339 investigations and filed 4,105 references. The DG Operations further told the committee that NAB had been allocated Rs22.556 billion over the past three-and-a-half years. Despite the expenditure, the bureau reported significantly higher recoveries during the same period. The committee was informed that NAB had recovered Rs1.069 trillion over the past three-and-a-half years. The briefing highlighted the bureau’s role in investigating corruption, financial crimes and other cases falling under its legal mandate. The committee members discussed NAB’s powers, investigations, recoveries and its overall performance during the meeting. The NAB chairman and officials responded to questions from the committee and provided details about the bureau’s operations and financial performance.

  • | | |

    Imran Khan marks three years in jail

    Former prime Minister Imran Khan has completed three years in prison after his arrest in the Toshakhana case. He was taken into custody on August 5, 2023, shortly after a court convicted him in the case. Following his arrest, he was shifted from his residence in Zaman Park, Lahore, to District Jail Attock under strict security arrangements. Imran Khan remained at Attock Jail for one month and 21 days. During that period, security around the prison was tightened, while legal proceedings related to multiple cases against him continued in different courts. On September 26, 2023, the Islamabad High Court ordered his transfer from Attock Jail to Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi. Since then, he has remained detained at the facility, where he continues to face legal proceedings in several cases. Under the Pakistan Prison Rules, the former prime minister has been provided better-class facilities because of his status as a former head of government. He is being housed in a separate compound consisting of seven cells inside Adiala Jail. The designated area is secured and managed in accordance with prison regulations. During his three years in custody, Imran Khan has reportedly faced a number of health-related issues, including physical complications that have required medical attention from time to time. His legal team has on several occasions raised concerns about his health and requested appropriate medical care, while prison authorities have maintained that medical facilities are being provided in line with the law. Despite remaining behind bars, Imran Khan continues to be a central figure in Pakistan’s political landscape. Court hearings in various cases involving the former prime minister are ongoing, while his party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), continues to pursue legal and political efforts regarding his release.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *