nicole kidman details
|

Nicole Kidman details her prep behind ‘Lioness’ season 3

Nicole Kidman is opening up about the intense preparation behind her scenes in “Lioness”. She revealed exactly what she and co-star Morgan Freeman make sure to nail down before filming begins.

In the CIA thriller series created by Taylor Sheridan, the 59-year-old actress plays Kaitlyn Meade, while 89-year-old Morgan Freeman portrays Edwin Mullins. The show also features an ensemble cast, including Zoe Saldaña, Jill Wagner and Laysla De Oliveira.

Speaking at Paramount+’s Icons of Taylor Sheridan’s Universe event, Kidman explained that the work never really stops, even when cameras aren’t rolling. She said the entire cast has to fully understand every single line they deliver.

According to her, the scripts are genuinely dense, requiring the cast to work through them carefully for every episode. She described the process as a significant undertaking that demands constant attention.

Kidman explained that dialogue has to come out naturally, almost as if it is part of everyday conversation. She admitted that achieving that level of ease takes real effort, since the material itself isn’t something people would normally say casually.

She specifically credited her ongoing collaboration with co-stars Michael Kelly and Morgan Freeman. According to Kidman, the three of them are constantly working together behind the scenes to get the material right.

She revealed that before filming key scenes, she and Freeman always break down their lines in detail. Kidman said they consistently ask themselves what specific words and phrases actually mean, working through definitions repeatedly.

She explained that this process ensures the entire cast stays fully aligned on what they are discussing throughout each scene. According to her, that level of preparation is essential given how technical and layered the show’s dialogue can be.

Season three of “Lioness” premiered on Paramount+ on August 2, with new episodes releasing weekly every Sunday. Kidman’s comments offer fans a behind-the-scenes look at just how much preparation goes into delivering the show’s fast-paced, dialogue-heavy storytelling.

Similar Posts

  • |

    ICC removes Karim Khan over sex abuse allegations

    The International Criminal Court (ICC) has officially removed Chief Prosecutor Karim Khan after member states voted in favour of his dismissal over allegations of sexual misconduct. The decision marks a significant leadership change at the world’s top war crimes court, which has been under growing international scrutiny in recent years. The vote was taken by the Assembly of States Parties, the governing body of the ICC, following months of discussions over the allegations against the British lawyer. Khan had already stepped aside from his duties in June after an oversight process recommended further action. Karim Khan has consistently denied all allegations. His legal team said the decision to remove him was politically motivated and argued that he was not given a fair opportunity to defend himself during the proceedings. His lawyers maintained that an independent judicial panel had not found sufficient evidence to establish misconduct under the court’s legal framework. They claimed the final decision ignored those findings and raised concerns about the independence and credibility of the removal process. The development comes at a sensitive time for the ICC. Khan attracted global attention in 2024 after seeking arrest warrants for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defence Minister Yoav Gallant over alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity linked to the conflict in Gaza. The move sparked strong reactions from Israel and the United States. Following the warrants, the administration of US President Donald Trump imposed sanctions on Khan and several other ICC officials, increasing pressure on the court. Legal representatives for Khan argued that the prosecutor was removed while facing international political pressure and economic sanctions, suggesting that the circumstances surrounding the vote could affect the court’s independence. The ICC announced that Deputy Prosecutors Nazhat Shameem Khan and Mame Mandiaye Niang will jointly lead the Office of the Prosecutor until a new chief prosecutor is elected. The court said the process to select Khan’s successor will begin soon, but member states are not expected to elect a permanent replacement before next year. The ICC also clarified that Karim Khan’s removal will not affect existing investigations or previously issued arrest warrants. The warrants issued in 2024 against Israeli officials remain legally valid because only ICC judges have the authority to cancel or withdraw them. The court reaffirmed its commitment to conducting independent and impartial investigations despite the leadership change. It said its work to investigate alleged war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide in different parts of the world will continue without interruption.

  • | |

    Zardari, Shehbaz among officials depositing gifts …

    President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and other senior officials have deposited numerous gifts received from foreign dignitaries in the Toshakhana. The government has released details of gifts received by senior officeholders during the recent period. The Cabinet Division has also made records of gifts received by public officials since 2002 available on its official website. Information Minister Attaullah Tarar said details of deposited gifts are published periodically. He said the records cover gifts received by the president, prime minister, deputy prime minister, federal ministers and other government officials. However, the names of the foreign dignitaries who presented the gifts have not been made public. The Cabinet Division has stated that the valuation of some of the newly listed gifts is still being completed. It has also clarified that the published information is based on records and declarations submitted by individuals and departments. The records show that President Zardari received several valuable and ceremonial items. These included a tea set, sword, golden desert model, woollen overcoat and a Vacheron Constantin Geneve wristwatch. Other gifts listed for the president included a decorative piece, ceremonial sabre set, chessboard, serving bowl and an oil painting. First Lady Assefa Bhutto-Zardari and Bakhtawar Bhutto-Zardari also received jewellery. The records show that both received necklaces. Jewellery sets were also listed among their gifts. Assefa Bhutto-Zardari additionally received a Kumis set. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif also received a wide range of gifts. The items included shields, souvenirs, portraits, ties, frames and swords. Some jewellery items were also listed among the gifts received by the prime minister. The records further show several watches, including Rolex and Patek Philippe models. Other items included a coin, traditional dress, clock, sugar bowl and car model. Cups, pens and cufflinks were also among the listed gifts. Deputy Prime Minister Ishaq Dar received several items as well. His gifts included a decorative piece and a traditional Chinese stamp. The records also mention a Burmese string puppet, a Myanmar cultural frame, a Rolex watch, vase, medal and Chinese leather belt. Dar also received an Egyptian statue, pen and cufflink set. Several other federal officials were also listed in the records. Economic Affairs Minister Ahad Khan Cheema received a book about Uzbekistan and a T-shirt. Economic Affairs Secretary M. Humair Karim received a ballpoint pen. Information Minister Tarar was listed as having received a Rolex watch. Several members of the president’s staff also received watches. These included the military secretary, chief security officer, Air ADC, principal staff officer and presidential spokesperson. National Assembly Speaker Ayaz Sadiq received a large ceramic jar. Senator Saleem Mandviwalla received a Bvlgari watch. Former NAB chairman retired Lt Gen Nazir Ahmed received a wristwatch and an INTERPOL commemorative book. Deputy Chief of State Protocol Hafeezullah received a Tag Heuer watch. Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Tariq Fatemi received a Rolex watch and a hand-chased tea set. Prime Minister’s spokesperson for foreign media Mosharraf Ali Zaidi received a Tag Heuer watch. Special Assistant to the Prime Minister for Industries and Production Haroon Akhter received a hand-chased tea set with 24-karat gold plating. The government has said the details of Toshakhana gifts will continue to be uploaded periodically. The Cabinet Division has also placed a disclaimer on the records. It said the information is based on available records and declarations made by officials and departments under the rules applicable at the time.

  • | | | |

    Pezeshkian says ‘now is the best time’ for Ira…

    TEHRAN: Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has described the current moment as the “best time” for reaching an agreement with the United States, while making clear that Tehran’s broader policy toward Washington has not changed. Speaking to media representatives in Tehran on Sunday, Pezeshkian said the United States had been pushed toward negotiations and reconciliation with Iran, describing the development as a success for Tehran’s diplomacy. His comments come amid heightened tensions between Iran and the United States and growing international efforts to find a diplomatic way out of the crisis. Pezeshkian suggested that the present circumstances could provide an opportunity to move toward an agreement if Washington was prepared to meet its commitments. The Iranian president accused the United States of failing to implement understandings reflected in an Islamabad memorandum and points jointly prepared by Iran and Oman. According to Pezeshkian, Washington’s failure to follow through on those commitments forced Tehran to respond. He said Iran had established a special team to deal with the crisis and that the group was continuing its work. “We are hopeful that Iran will move forward with dignity, determination and pride,” Pezeshkian said, stressing that Tehran would continue to protect what it considers its national interests. Despite signaling openness to negotiations, Pezeshkian adopted a tough tone toward Washington. He described the United States as a “criminal” and “colonial” power and insisted that Iran’s policy toward Washington remained unchanged. The president also warned against what he portrayed as attempts by the United States and Israel to weaken Iran from within. According to Pezeshkian, military pressure and war had failed to force Tehran into submission. He argued that Washington and Israel could now seek to exploit divisions within Iranian society by encouraging internal disputes. Pezeshkian urged Iranians to remain alert to what he described as such efforts, emphasizing that national unity was particularly important at the current stage. He called on the Iranian public to stand together to safeguard the country’s security and defence capabilities. The remarks underline the delicate balance in Tehran’s position: Iran appears willing to explore diplomacy while simultaneously maintaining its longstanding opposition to Washington’s policies. Pezeshkian’s comments could therefore signal a possible opening for renewed diplomatic engagement, but any breakthrough is likely to depend on whether Iran and the United States can overcome deep mistrust and resolve disagreements over previous commitments. For now, Tehran’s message is clear: the door to negotiations may be open, but Iran says it will enter those talks from a position of dignity, national unity and strength.

  • |

    7.4-magnitude quake strikes Colombia

    A powerful earthquake struck Colombia and several other parts of Latin America on Monday, causing injuries, damaging buildings and forcing evacuations in the capital, Bogota. The earthquake was recorded at different magnitudes by geological agencies. Colombia’s geological service measured it at 6.6, while the United States Geological Survey estimated its magnitude at 7.4. The epicentre was located in western Colombia at a depth of around 100 kilometres. Strong tremors were felt across large areas of the country. The shaking was also reported in neighbouring Ecuador and as far north as Panama. In Bogota, residents rushed out of buildings as emergency sirens sounded. Some people were seen gathering in the streets after leaving their homes and workplaces. Authorities ordered evacuations from a number of buildings as a precaution while emergency teams assessed possible structural damage. The situation was particularly serious in the western parts of Colombia. The governor of Choco province reported injuries and significant damage to buildings in Quibdo, the provincial capital. Cali, one of Colombia’s largest cities, also suffered substantial damage. Mayor Alejandro Eder said at least 20 buildings had collapsed and that people were believed to be trapped inside some of the structures. Rescue operations were launched in the affected areas. Cali authorities requested additional emergency teams from Bogota and Medellin to assist with search and rescue efforts. Images broadcast by local media showed buildings with damaged facades and sections of structures affected by the powerful tremors. Emergency authorities continued to assess the extent of the destruction as rescue teams searched damaged buildings for survivors. Officials have not yet released a complete account of casualties or property losses. The number of injured people is expected to change as assessments continue. The depth and strength of the earthquake allowed tremors to be felt across a wide area, including outside Colombia. Authorities urged residents to remain cautious and follow instructions from emergency services, particularly in buildings that may have suffered structural damage. The earthquake comes as parts of northern South America remain vulnerable to major seismic activity. In June, two powerful earthquakes struck Venezuela, with reported magnitudes of 7.2 and 7.5, causing widespread destruction and thousands of deaths.

  • | | |

    Japan backs stronger, deeper Pakistan partnership

    Japanese Ambassador to Pakistan Akamatsu Shuichi has reaffirmed Tokyo’s commitment to further strengthening its longstanding relationship with Pakistan. In a message ahead of Pakistan’s 79th Independence Day, the Japanese envoy conveyed greetings to the Pakistani government and people on behalf of Japan. Speaking in Urdu in a video message, Ambassador Shuichi highlighted the longstanding friendship between the two countries and expressed hope for deeper cooperation in the coming years. He noted that Pakistan and Japan will mark the 75th anniversary of their diplomatic relations in 2027. The ambassador said both countries would continue working as trusted partners to promote peace, development and stability. He also pledged to further strengthen friendly relations between Tokyo and Islamabad. Shuichi concluded his message by expressing confidence in the continued bond between the two nations and saying, “Japan-Pakistan Dosti Zindabad.” The ambassador’s message comes shortly after Pakistan and Japan signed a grant agreement worth 350 million Japanese yen, equivalent to around $2.2 million, to strengthen the Human Resources Development Scholarship Programme. The initiative, known as the JDS programme, will expand opportunities for Pakistani civil servants to receive postgraduate education and professional training in Japan. Under the agreement, 17 federal government officials will receive scholarships. Sixteen will pursue master’s degrees, while one official will undertake a PhD programme. Economic Affairs Secretary Muhammad Hameer Karim and Ambassador Akamatsu Shuichi signed the Record of Discussions for the programme. Senior Joint Secretary Miran Mohiuddin Soomro and JICA Chief Representative Yusuke Shinazaki signed the grant agreement. The scholarship programme is expected to contribute to human resource development and strengthen institutional links between Pakistan and Japan.

  • | |

    Suri Cruise legally drops famous surname as she em…

    Suri Cruise has reportedly taken a significant personal step by legally changing her last name, marking a new chapter as she continues building her own identity. According to newly surfaced public records, the 20-year-old daughter of actors Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes is now legally known as Suri Noelle, replacing the famous Cruise surname with her mother Katie Holmes’ middle name.  The legal name change came to light after voter registration records in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, showed Suri registered under the name Suri Noelle while attending Carnegie Mellon University. Under Pennsylvania law, voters must register using their legal name, confirming that the change had already been completed. Reports suggest the legal process likely took place in New York before she left for college, as no filing appears in Pennsylvania records.  Although the update has only recently attracted widespread attention, Suri has been using the name “Noelle” publicly for some time. She was listed as Suri Noelle in the program for her LaGuardia High School graduation in June 2024 and has continued using the name in college theater productions. The choice is widely viewed as a tribute to her mother, whose full name is Kate Noelle Holmes.  The name change has also renewed public interest in Suri’s relationship with her father. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorced in 2012, and Holmes has largely raised Suri out of the public spotlight ever since. Over the years, multiple reports have indicated that Suri and her father have remained estranged, although neither has publicly discussed the nature of their relationship.  Now entering adulthood, Suri appears focused on carving out her own path. She is currently studying musical theater at Carnegie Mellon University and has participated in several stage productions while maintaining a relatively private life. Friends and supporters say she has chosen to concentrate on her education and creative ambitions rather than the intense media attention that has followed her since birth.  Katie Holmes has often spoken proudly about her daughter, describing this period as an exciting time of growth and self-discovery. While Holmes has generally avoided discussing Suri’s personal decisions, she has consistently supported her daughter’s independence and privacy.  Neither Tom Cruise nor Katie Holmes has publicly commented on the legal name change. Still, the decision marks an important milestone for Suri as she steps further into adulthood. By choosing the name Suri Noelle, she appears to be embracing an identity that reflects her own journey while honoring the close bond she shares with her mother. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *