mohsin naqvi8217s statement
| |

Mohsin Naqvi’s statement reflects personal o…

Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry on Friday said Pakistan’s security depends on effective governance, stressing that terrorists must either surrender under the Constitution and the law or face continued military action.

Speaking at a media briefing in Rawalpindi, the military spokesperson said Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi’s recent remarks about the country’s governance system reflected his personal opinion and declined to comment further. However, he emphasized that good governance remained essential for ensuring national security and long-term stability.

The DG ISPR said the National Action Plan continued to enjoy consensus among all major political parties and noted that most of its objectives, including countering extremism, disrupting terror financing and strengthening institutions, relied on strong governance. He added that Pakistan’s growing population made administrative efficiency more important than ever and said citizens had the right to effective governance.

Over 40,000 Counterterrorism Operations Conducted

Providing an update on security operations, Lt Gen Chaudhry said security forces had carried out 40,348 intelligence-based operations across Pakistan so far in 2026. He said 2,084 confirmed terrorists had been killed during these operations, averaging nearly 194 operations and 10 militant deaths every day.

He added that the highest number of operations had been conducted in Balochistan, while 1,971 operations were carried out in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

According to the military spokesperson, 819 people, including security personnel and civilians, embraced martyrdom during counterterrorism efforts this year, while 28 suicide attacks were recorded nationwide.

He also alleged that Afghan nationals were involved in recent terrorist attacks in Tank and Karachi.

No Negotiations With Armed Militants

The DG ISPR made it clear that there would be no negotiations with armed militant groups.

He said militants had only two options: surrender under the Constitution and the law or face continued action by security forces.

Explaining the concept of a “hard state,” he said it did not refer to military rule but rather to a country where every individual is equal before the law and all matters are resolved through constitutional and legal mechanisms.

Balochistan Facing Coordinated Propaganda

Addressing the security situation in Balochistan, Lt Gen Chaudhry said a deliberate campaign was underway to create a false perception that the province was in crisis.

He said the Constitution required every citizen to remain loyal to the state and argued that rights should always be accompanied by responsibilities.

The DG ISPR alleged that certain elite groups and tribal leaders opposed social progress because they wanted to preserve the existing power structure. He said the state would continue engaging directly with the people of Balochistan instead of those seeking to obstruct development.

Highlighting development initiatives, he said Gwadar now had modern healthcare facilities, educational institutions, industrial free zones and major infrastructure projects. He added that Balochistan’s per capita budget allocation exceeded Rs75,000, making it the highest among Pakistan’s provinces.

He also said terrorists deliberately targeted labourers, teachers and development projects to slow the province’s progress.

Missing Persons and Regional Security

On the issue of missing persons, the military spokesperson said the Commission of Inquiry on Enforced Disappearances had received 10,901 cases, of which 9,372 had already been resolved. He stressed that every reported case required proper identification and verification.

The DG ISPR further claimed that following what he described as Pakistan’s success during Operation Marka-e-Haq, hostile elements had shifted their focus toward destabilising Balochistan. He alleged that India and the Afghan Taliban regime shared an agenda of supporting terrorism against Pakistan.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Messi, Ronaldo face security scares at World Cup

    The 2026 FIFA World Cup may have ended with Spain lifting the trophy, but a reported police dossier has brought fresh attention to the security threats that allegedly shadowed some of football’s biggest stars during the tournament. According to a report based on an alleged leaked police document, Lionel Messi was repeatedly targeted with threats during Argentina’s campaign, while Cristiano Ronaldo and several other high-profile figures also faced security concerns. The World Cup, jointly hosted by the United States, Mexico and Canada, was already one of the largest sporting events ever staged. Spain eventually defeated Argentina 1-0 in the final to claim the title. However, behind the packed stadiums and celebrations, security agencies were reportedly dealing with a series of alarming incidents. One alleged threat emerged before Argentina’s match against Jordan. According to the report, a caller contacted authorities at Dallas airport and threatened an attack at the stadium, allegedly claiming that grenades and rifles would be used. Another disturbing incident was reportedly recorded before Argentina’s game against Egypt, when a threat targeting Messi was posted on social media. Security concerns escalated during the match after authorities received information suggesting that explosives could have been placed inside stadium waste bins. Bomb-disposal specialists and trained detection dogs were reportedly deployed to search the area. No explosives were found, according to the report. The security concerns were not limited to Messi. Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo was also reportedly the subject of attempts to obtain information about his accommodation. In another alleged incident, a suspicious individual reportedly managed to reach his hotel while posing as a fan. The pressure extended to match officials and other players. French referee François Letexier reportedly received thousands of threatening messages following decisions made during the Argentina-Egypt match. Players including Alexander Sørloth and Jae-hun Campaz were also allegedly subjected to death threats after missing important opportunities during matches. The reported security breaches prompted authorities to strengthen protection around key World Cup locations. At one media centre in England, security measures reportedly included multiple protective layers, concrete barriers, anti-sniper screens and a no-fly zone. The revelations offer a stark reminder that the spectacle of a World Cup comes with enormous security challenges. While millions of fans experienced football, entertainment and celebration, security teams were simultaneously working behind the scenes to protect players, officials and spectators from potential threats. The security allegations above are presented as reported claims from the supplied report and alleged leaked dossier; they should not be treated as independently established facts unless confirmed by authorities.

  • | | | |

    Trump sets condition for Saudi Nuclear Pact

    US President Donald Trump has said that any future civilian nuclear agreement between the United States and Saudi Arabia will depend on the kingdom joining the Abraham Accords, the US-backed agreements aimed at normalising relations with Israel. Trump said Washington has no objection to Saudi Arabia developing civilian nuclear facilities as long as they are used only for peaceful purposes. He stressed that the proposed cooperation would focus on non-military nuclear energy, similar to civilian programmes in other countries. The proposed agreement would allow Saudi Arabia to enrich uranium and develop nuclear reactors with American technology. However, the deal reportedly does not require Riyadh to accept additional international inspections that are designed to detect undeclared nuclear activities. The absence of these extra safeguards has drawn attention because similar measures have been considered important in previous nuclear agreements. Saudi Arabia has been working for years to establish a civilian nuclear programme as part of its broader economic diversification strategy. The kingdom says nuclear energy will help reduce dependence on oil and meet future energy demand. Saudi leaders have also stated in the past that if Iran were to develop nuclear weapons, Riyadh would seek the same capability to maintain the regional balance. The latest remarks come as tensions between the United States and Iran continue to intensify. Iran’s Foreign Ministry warned American military personnel against carrying out attacks on civilian infrastructure. Tehran said targeting facilities such as bridges and power plants could amount to war crimes under international law. Iranian officials argued that following military orders would not protect individuals from legal responsibility if unlawful attacks were carried out. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Washington’s main objective remains preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons. He accused Tehran of repeatedly violating agreements and said the Iranian government continues to support armed groups across the Middle East instead of focusing on its economy and people. Rubio also urged Yemen’s Houthi movement to avoid becoming more deeply involved in the conflict. He warned that further attacks could increase instability across the region and create additional security challenges. At the same time, Oman announced that it is working with Saudi Arabia, the United Nations and other regional partners to restart Yemen’s political peace process. Muscat called on all sides to avoid further escalation in the Red Sea and to protect international shipping routes. The Houthis claimed responsibility for missile and drone attacks on two Saudi oil tankers in the Red Sea. The group said the strikes were part of its maritime blockade campaign. Saudi authorities confirmed that one tanker was damaged and caught fire after the attack, while the status of the second vessel remained unclear. The attacks have raised fresh concerns about the security of one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes. Several commercial oil tankers have reportedly changed their routes to avoid the Red Sea, increasing transportation costs and raising fears of further disruption to global energy supplies. Elsewhere in the region, Bahrain activated emergency warning sirens following reports of a possible Iranian attack. Authorities urged residents to remain calm and move to safe locations while monitoring the situation. Jordan also said its air defence systems intercepted several missiles and drones approaching its airspace. The Jordanian military confirmed there were no casualties or damage and said security forces remain on high alert. Meanwhile, Iran’s Revolutionary Guard claimed it had carried out attacks on US military facilities in Jordan and Kuwait. The group alleged that it struck missile defence systems, military equipment and logistical sites. There was no immediate confirmation of those claims from either Jordan or Kuwait.

  • | | |

    BTS member V reveals hearing problem he has faced …

    BTS member V, whose real name is Kim Taehyung, has revealed that he has been dealing with a hearing problem for the past two and a half years. The South Korean singer shared the personal health update with fans during a live broadcast on Weverse alongside fellow BTS member Jungkook, following the group’s return to activities after completing their mandatory military service. During the conversation, V explained that there is a significant difference in his hearing ability between his two ears. He reportedly said that if the hearing ability in his left ear is considered 100, his right ear is currently around 30. V also indicated that he is receiving treatment for the hearing issue. His revelation came as a surprise to many fans, who had not previously been aware of the extent of the problem. The live session took place after BTS performed two consecutive sold-out shows at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, United States. V and Jungkook spoke to fans directly following the concerts and shared updates about their experiences during the group’s ongoing tour. Jungkook also discussed a health issue during the broadcast. The singer said he has been performing despite experiencing significant pain in his legs during the tour. According to Jungkook, the pain in his shin has reached a level where there is concern about the possibility of a stress fracture. Despite the discomfort, he said he often wanted to run and move freely while performing on stage, but the pain sometimes prevented him from doing so. The health disclosures from both members have attracted attention from BTS fans around the world, particularly as the group has returned to major live performances following their military service. All seven BTS members have now completed their mandatory military service in South Korea and resumed group activities. The group made its comeback with the album “ARIRANG” and subsequently launched a global music tour. V’s revelation about his hearing has added a personal dimension to the group’s comeback, as the singer continues performing while undergoing treatment. Fans have expressed concern and support for the singer as he manages the condition alongside BTS’s demanding international schedule. The latest update also highlights the physical demands placed on performers during major global tours, with both V and Jungkook discussing health challenges while continuing to appear on stage for fans.

  • |

    Jon Bernthal reveals why he distanced himself from family for ‘The Punisher’

    Jon Bernthal has opened up about the personal cost of playing Frank Castle in The Punisher. The actor admitted that he chose to isolate himself from his wife and children while working on the intense Marvel series. The Punisher is a standalone show built around Bernthal’s widely praised performance as the vigilante antihero. Frank Castle is a dark, violent character, and stepping into that role required Bernthal to shift into a completely different mental space than his everyday life. To keep that darkness from spilling into his home life, Bernthal made a deliberate choice. He kept his distance from his wife, Erin Angle, and their kids throughout filming. According to him, this was about protecting his family from the emotional shadow of the character he was playing. Speaking candidly with Howard Stern, Bernthal explained his process in detail. He said isolation becomes necessary during these projects, and that his wife remains the one person he still talks to regularly. He added that it wouldn’t feel right to be out socialising at restaurants or bars while simultaneously embodying a character defined by grief and violence. The 49-year-old actor also reflected on how this affects his bond with his children. He admitted that staying away from them has only grown harder over time. He said he does not want them around him while he is still mentally carrying the weight of such a heavy role. Even so, he made it clear that his love for them remains as strong as ever. Bernthal didn’t shy away from the practical realities of parenting either. He joked about the never-ending costs that come with raising young kids, specifically mentioning diapers. He added that if he’s going to spend time away from his children for work, he wants that time to genuinely count for something. Beyond The Punisher, Bernthal recently returned to the role of Frank Castle in Spider-Man: Brand New Day. The film, directed by Destin Daniel Cretton, also stars Tom Holland. Through this conversation, Bernthal gave fans a rare and honest look into what it really takes to fully commit to such a demanding role, and the personal sacrifices that often come along with it, both for himself and for the family waiting for him at home.

  • |

    Myanmar’s detained former leader Aung San Suu Kyi meets Red Cross official

    Myanmar’s ousted leader Aung San Suu Kyi met with Arnaud de Baecque, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) resident representative, in her first publicised meeting with a foreign official since the 2021 military coup. Government-released photographs show the 81-year-old Nobel Peace Prize winner in Naypyitaw alongside images of her celebrating her June birthday under house arrest, where she is currently serving an 18-year sentence following commuted convictions. While Myanmar authorities maintain Suu Kyi is in good health, international bodies and her opposition supporters continue to demand her unconditional release and independent verification of her well-being.

  • |

    DR Congo bans copper and cobalt concentrate exports to boost domestic smelting

    The Democratic Republic of Congo has banned the export of copper and cobalt concentrates, accelerating national efforts to enforce in-country mineral processing and retain greater economic value from its natural resources. The ministerial decree, signed by Mines Minister Louis Kabamba Watum, Foreign Trade Minister Julien Paluku Kahongya, and Economy Minister Daniel Mukoko Samba, takes effect immediately. The regulation revokes a previous 2023 framework and its associated exemptions, replacing them with a comprehensive structure governing mineral exports alongside a new tax regime on mining by-products. Following news of the export ban, benchmark three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange rose by up to 1.8 per cent to $14,369.50 per metric ton, approaching historic record highs. While the prohibition is absolute, the decree allows for temporary one-year waivers under specific strategic circumstances. Major mining operators, including Ivanhoe Mines, which runs the Kamoa-Kakula copper complex in partnership with Zijin Mining,indicated that domestic processing facilities, such as the on-site smelter and the Lualaba copper smelter in Kolwezi, process the majority of local yields. Analysts note that because the vast majority of Congolese copper and cobalt is already refined locally into cathodes and hydroxides prior to shipment, the new policy primarily aims to eliminate remaining concentrate exports while standardising royalty collections across trace mineral by-products.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *