pakistan unveils fouryear
| |

Pakistan unveils four-year Hajj policy

The government has introduced a four-year Hajj policy covering arrangements from 2027 to 2030.

Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Muhammad Yousaf presented the policy on Wednesday. He described it as a major step toward improving and modernising Hajj arrangements in Pakistan.

Speaking at a briefing, the minister said this was the first time the government had introduced a four-year Hajj policy. He said the initiative would provide a long-term framework for organising the pilgrimage.

Yousaf said the policy had been prepared under the guidance of Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif. It focuses on technology, transparency and improved services for pilgrims.

According to the minister, the new framework aims to bring Pakistan’s Hajj arrangements closer to international standards. It will also introduce several new facilities for pilgrims.

For the first time, applicants will have access to a registration and waiting-list system. The government expects the system to make the process more organised and transparent.

The minister said the government and private Hajj schemes would retain their existing quota division. Sixty per cent of the quota will remain with the government scheme, while private operators will receive 40 per cent.

The Ministry of Religious Affairs will continue to oversee and regulate Hajj arrangements. It will also monitor the performance of private Hajj companies.

Under the new policy, applicants will be able to enter the pilgrims’ list after paying 10 per cent of the required amount.

The government has also planned greater transparency in procurement. Purchases made in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia will be carried out through transparent procedures.

Yousaf said any money remaining after meeting the required expenses would be returned to the pilgrims. The measure is aimed at improving financial transparency and protecting the interests of Hajj applicants.

The government also plans to change the way private Hajj companies are monitored. Their registration and oversight will not depend only on the quota allocated to them.

Instead, their performance will be an important factor in determining their registration and continued participation in the Hajj programme.

A digital complaint-resolution system is also being introduced. Pilgrims will be able to submit complaints and seek quick action through the new system.

An appeal mechanism will also be established. This will provide pilgrims with another channel to challenge decisions or seek resolution of their complaints.

The minister said the government would also improve training programmes for Hajj pilgrims. The aim is to prepare pilgrims more effectively before their departure for Saudi Arabia.

The Hajj Muhafiz Scheme will continue under the new policy. The government considers the scheme an important part of its arrangements for pilgrims.

Yousaf said the new policy had been developed in line with Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030. The framework is intended to improve coordination and service delivery during the pilgrimage.

The minister said the government’s objective was not limited to managing logistical arrangements. It also wanted to ensure that Pakistani pilgrims received a dignified and comfortable Hajj experience.

The estimated cost of the government Hajj package is expected to remain between Rs1.2 million and Rs1.3 million.

However, the final cost may depend on various arrangements and expenses associated with the pilgrimage.

Yousaf also clarified that any increase or decrease in Pakistan’s Hajj quota would require a decision from the federal cabinet.

He said Pakistan had received recognition and awards for its Hajj arrangements in the past. The government now wants to further improve the system through long-term planning and greater use of technology.

The four-year policy is expected to provide greater continuity in Hajj preparations. Officials believe the long-term framework will also make planning easier for both the government and pilgrims.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Pak boxing team ready for Commonwealth Games

    A five-member Pakistan boxing squad has arrived in Glasgow to participate in the Commonwealth Games, with national sports officials expressing confidence in the athletes’ preparation following months of intense training. ​The national contingent, accompanied by team officials and Pakistan Olympic Association (POA) Secretary General Haji Khalid Mahmood Chaudhry, will represent the country across five distinct weight divisions. The squad features three male and two female boxers who have earned their selection through top domestic performances. ​In the men’s categories, Samama Rehman will enter the ring in the 55kg division, Qudrat Ullah will compete in the 60kg event, and Afzal Khan Pathan will feature in the 65kg division. The women’s squad features Malaika Zahid in the 54kg category and Fatima Zahra representing the nation in the 60kg division. ​Maj. Irfan Younis has been appointed as team manager, while Muhammad Nisar Khan of the Pakistan Army will serve as head coach for the tournament. Pakistan Boxing Federation (PBF) President Col. (R) Nasir Ijaz Tung highlighted the extensive preparation undergone by the athletes, voicing optimistic expectations for the squad: ​”Our boxers have undergone comprehensive training and preparation leading up to this major competition. We are confident that they possess the skill and determination to deliver strong performances and make the nation proud on the international stage.” ​The boxing events are scheduled to run from July 23 to August 2, drawing top talent from across participating Commonwealth nations. Pakistan holds a proud competitive tradition in international boxing, and team officials believe the mix of emerging talent and dedicated coaching will yield positive results despite stiff international competition.

  • | | | |

    Trump sets condition for Saudi Nuclear Pact

    US President Donald Trump has said that any future civilian nuclear agreement between the United States and Saudi Arabia will depend on the kingdom joining the Abraham Accords, the US-backed agreements aimed at normalising relations with Israel. Trump said Washington has no objection to Saudi Arabia developing civilian nuclear facilities as long as they are used only for peaceful purposes. He stressed that the proposed cooperation would focus on non-military nuclear energy, similar to civilian programmes in other countries. The proposed agreement would allow Saudi Arabia to enrich uranium and develop nuclear reactors with American technology. However, the deal reportedly does not require Riyadh to accept additional international inspections that are designed to detect undeclared nuclear activities. The absence of these extra safeguards has drawn attention because similar measures have been considered important in previous nuclear agreements. Saudi Arabia has been working for years to establish a civilian nuclear programme as part of its broader economic diversification strategy. The kingdom says nuclear energy will help reduce dependence on oil and meet future energy demand. Saudi leaders have also stated in the past that if Iran were to develop nuclear weapons, Riyadh would seek the same capability to maintain the regional balance. The latest remarks come as tensions between the United States and Iran continue to intensify. Iran’s Foreign Ministry warned American military personnel against carrying out attacks on civilian infrastructure. Tehran said targeting facilities such as bridges and power plants could amount to war crimes under international law. Iranian officials argued that following military orders would not protect individuals from legal responsibility if unlawful attacks were carried out. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Washington’s main objective remains preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons. He accused Tehran of repeatedly violating agreements and said the Iranian government continues to support armed groups across the Middle East instead of focusing on its economy and people. Rubio also urged Yemen’s Houthi movement to avoid becoming more deeply involved in the conflict. He warned that further attacks could increase instability across the region and create additional security challenges. At the same time, Oman announced that it is working with Saudi Arabia, the United Nations and other regional partners to restart Yemen’s political peace process. Muscat called on all sides to avoid further escalation in the Red Sea and to protect international shipping routes. The Houthis claimed responsibility for missile and drone attacks on two Saudi oil tankers in the Red Sea. The group said the strikes were part of its maritime blockade campaign. Saudi authorities confirmed that one tanker was damaged and caught fire after the attack, while the status of the second vessel remained unclear. The attacks have raised fresh concerns about the security of one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes. Several commercial oil tankers have reportedly changed their routes to avoid the Red Sea, increasing transportation costs and raising fears of further disruption to global energy supplies. Elsewhere in the region, Bahrain activated emergency warning sirens following reports of a possible Iranian attack. Authorities urged residents to remain calm and move to safe locations while monitoring the situation. Jordan also said its air defence systems intercepted several missiles and drones approaching its airspace. The Jordanian military confirmed there were no casualties or damage and said security forces remain on high alert. Meanwhile, Iran’s Revolutionary Guard claimed it had carried out attacks on US military facilities in Jordan and Kuwait. The group alleged that it struck missile defence systems, military equipment and logistical sites. There was no immediate confirmation of those claims from either Jordan or Kuwait.

  • | |

    15 terrorists killed in Balochistan intelligence-b…

    QUETTA: Security forces have killed 15 terrorists during a series of intelligence-based operations conducted across several districts of Balochistan, security sources said on Sunday. The operations were carried out under the ongoing Operation Rad-ul-Fitna-3, targeting militant networks in Mastung, Bolan, Washuk, Awaran, Sibi, Khuzdar, Harnai and Noshki. According to security sources, the operations were launched following intelligence about the presence and movement of militants in the targeted areas. A significant quantity of weapons and ammunition was also recovered during the actions. Officials said the operations dealt a major blow to militant networks and disrupted their ability to move and operate across parts of the province. Security forces, they added, remain committed to continuing intelligence-driven operations until terrorist activity is eliminated. Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi praised the security forces for what he described as successful operations against militant groups. He commended the personnel for their professionalism and said the government would continue supporting efforts to counter terrorism. The latest operations come amid heightened security concerns in Balochistan, where militant attacks have targeted both civilians and security installations. Security forces have continued intensified operations in the province following a series of deadly attacks. Earlier, security forces reported killing 12 militants during intelligence-based operations in the Washuk and Mastung districts. Authorities have also launched joint operations involving the Pakistan Army, Frontier Corps and Balochistan Police following recent attacks on security personnel and civilians. Pakistan has witnessed a significant rise in militant violence in recent years, with Balochistan and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa remaining among the most affected regions. Security agencies say intelligence-led operations will continue as part of broader efforts to prevent further attacks and dismantle militant networks.

  • | | | |

    Egypt weighs joining Pakistan-Saudi-Türkiye defen…

    CAIRO: Egypt has started a serious review of the possibility of joining the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement between Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye. Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty said Cairo has close and strategic relations with all three countries. He said Egypt’s ties with Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye extend beyond political cooperation. Abdelatty was asked about Egypt’s possible inclusion in the defence agreement. He said Egypt has been aware of the pact since the beginning. He confirmed that Egyptian state institutions are currently conducting a comprehensive assessment of the agreement. The minister said no final decision has been taken yet. He added that the relevant Egyptian authorities are examining the agreement and its possible implications. Abdelatty stressed that defence agreements involve important commitments. Therefore, Egypt must carefully assess all legal and constitutional aspects before making a decision. He said any possible Egyptian participation would have to comply with the country’s Constitution and existing legal requirements. The review will also consider the responsibilities that could arise from joining the agreement. The development comes days after Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Türkiye signed the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement. The pact seeks to strengthen defence cooperation among the three countries and enhance their collective security. Under the agreement, an attack against any one of the three countries would be considered an attack against all three. The arrangement has been described as a major step towards closer defence and strategic cooperation.

  • | |

    Flash floods hit DG Khan, hundreds rescued

    By MIR Hunbal Birmani   DG Khan: Heavy rains in the Sulaiman Range have caused flash flooding in several small and large hill torrents in Sakhi Sarwar and adjoining areas, creating difficulties for tourists returning from Mubarki, Yakbai and other tourist destinations, as well as travellers and residents of tribal areas, in crossing the waterways. Taking notice of the situation, Deputy Commissioner and Senior Commandant Dera Ghazi Khan Muhammad Usman Khalid directed an immediate rescue operation under the supervision of Political Assistant Koh-e-Sulaiman Ameer Taimoor. The Border Military Police (BMP) mobilised its personnel and vehicles and reached various routes affected by the hill torrents to rescue stranded tourists, travellers, women, children and residents of tribal areas, along with their belongings, and shift them to safe locations. On the instructions of Deputy Commissioner Muhammad Usman Khalid, BMP personnel also helped private vehicles and motorcycles cross the flooded hill torrents. At some locations, motorcycles and luggage were carried on their shoulders to help people reach safer places. During the rescue operation, the valuable belongings and vehicles of tourists and travellers were also safely moved to secure locations. The BMP team also transported a woman who was on her way to hospital for delivery in an official vehicle. Due to the timely actions of the district administration and the BMP, hundreds of tourists, travellers and local residents were rescued from difficulties caused by the flash floods and shifted to safe places Deputy Commissioner Muhammad Usman Khalid said that, in accordance with the special instructions of Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif, all necessary arrangements had been completed in view of the monsoon rains. Teams of the district administration, Border Military Police, Baloch Levies and other relevant departments had been deployed at important routes near the hill torrents to ensure an immediate response to any emergency situation. He urged citizens and tourists to avoid going near hill torrents during rainfall and to follow the instructions issued by the administration. “The protection of the lives and property of the people is the top priority of the district administration,” he said. While on other hand , Senior officials on Thursday visited hill torrent structures and flood-prone areas in Rajan pur district to review the situation and preparedness measures. The visit was conducted by commissioner Dera Ghazi Khan ch.Ashfaq , Chief Engineer Irrigation, Dera Ghazi Khan, the Superintending Engineer Irrigation, Additional Deputy Commissioner Revenue Rajan pur, Assistant Commissioners of Jam pur and Rajan pur, the In-charge of Rescue 1122, and other relevant officials. The officials inspected the Kaha Hill Torrent siphon at RD-145 and Pull Pathan Camp at Tayyab Drain. According to officials, a peak discharge of 40,000 cusecs was recorded at Darrah, the originating point of the Kaha Hill Torrent, yesterday. However, a major portion of the floodwater dissipated during its passage, and only around 2,000 cusecs had reached RD-145 so far. The Irrigation Department has established eight camps in the area, equipped with the necessary machinery, equipment and manpower to deal with any emergency situation. Teams of the District Administration Rajan pur, Irrigation Department and Rescue 1122 are actively monitoring the situation and remain vigilant.

  • |

    Top National Thailand Stories From the Past Week: Transnational Cannabis Smuggling Crackdown Tightens, and More

    Here is a look at the top NATIONAL Thailand stories, chosen by our Pattaya News/TPN National team, from last week, Monday, July 6th to Sunday, July 12th. They are not in any particular level of importance but are listed in the order of date of publication. Thai Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul firmly rejected allegations that […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *