iran warns ukraine
| | | |

Iran warns Ukraine of response over alleged Caspian Sea attack

Iranian officials have warned Ukraine that Tehran will not ignore attacks against its interests. The warning came after Iran accused Ukraine of allegedly targeting an Iranian commercial vessel in the Caspian Sea.

Ebrahim Azizi, chairman of the Iranian Parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, said any action against Iran would carry consequences. He said the United States and Israel were already aware of Iran’s position.

Azizi also warned that Ukraine could soon realise that Iran does not leave hostile actions against it unanswered. He said the list of countries making what he described as wrong calculations about Iran’s response was growing.

The remarks followed an alleged attack on an Iranian commercial ship in the Caspian Sea. Iranian authorities said one crew member was killed and another was injured in the incident.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry condemned the reported attack. It also summoned Ukraine’s chargé d’affaires to formally lodge a protest.

The incident has raised concerns about the possibility of the wider Middle East conflict creating new tensions involving Ukraine and Iran. The Caspian Sea has now emerged as another area of concern amid the escalating regional disputes.

Earlier, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy claimed that a Russian vessel allegedly carrying weapons to Iran had been targeted in the Caspian Sea. Kyiv has previously accused Iran of supporting Russia in its war against Ukraine.

Iran, however, has strongly criticised what it describes as attacks on its territory and interests. Tehran has repeatedly warned that hostile actions could trigger retaliation.

Azizi’s latest comments suggest that tensions between Iran and Ukraine could increase following the reported maritime incident. His warning also comes at a time when Iran is already facing heightened military and diplomatic pressure

Similar Posts

  • |

    Pakistan shooters bag 13 medals at British Open

    LONDON: Pakistan’s national shooting team delivered an impressive performance at the F-Class British Open 2026, winning 13 medals, including seven gold medals. The team was led by Lieutenant General Ahsan Gulrez. Pakistan competed with a relatively small contingent compared with several other participating countries but still produced strong results. The F-Class British Open was held from August 3 to 8 in Bisley, United Kingdom. Around 185 elite shooters from 24 countries took part in the prestigious international competition. Pakistan participated with a 12-member shooting team. Despite the limited size of the contingent, Pakistani shooters produced notable results in both individual and aggregate events. The team secured a total of 13 medals. These included seven gold, two silver and four bronze medals. The performance highlighted the consistency and competitive ability of Pakistani shooters against some of the world’s experienced F-Class rifle competitors. The British Open was also considered an important preparation event for the 7th F-Class World Championship. The world championship is being held in Bisley from August 10 to 16. Following their strong showing at the British Open, Pakistani shooters are now competing at the world championship. They are facing some of the leading teams and top shooters from around the world. Officials associated with the team said the results at the British Open demonstrated Pakistan’s growing strength in long-range competitive rifle shooting. They said Pakistani shooters have shown that they can compete successfully at the highest international level. The national team, under the leadership of Lieutenant General Ahsan Gulrez, will now aim to build on its medal-winning performance at the F-Class World Championship.

  • | | | | |

    Iran displays wreckage of US, Israeli aircraft in …

    Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) has put the wreckage of US and Israeli aircraft on public display, offering a dramatic glimpse of the military hardware Tehran says was destroyed during the recent war. Images released by Iranian state-linked media show sections of aircraft arranged as part of an exhibition, including what has been identified as the remains of a US F-15 fighter jet. The display reportedly includes the aircraft’s ejection seat, canopy and part of its tail. The exhibition appears designed not only to showcase recovered wreckage but also to underline Iran’s claims about the effectiveness of its air-defence capabilities during the conflict. The appearance of the F-15 debris is particularly significant. Recent reporting has identified the wreckage as belonging to an F-15E Strike Eagle, while Iranian authorities have presented it as evidence of a successful engagement against US airpower. However, claims surrounding aircraft losses have been contested throughout the conflict. In earlier incidents, Iranian officials announced that US aircraft had been destroyed, while American officials disputed some of the claims. Independent identification of battlefield wreckage has also sometimes proved difficult. Iranian forces have previously showcased captured or downed US military equipment as symbols of resistance. A similar exhibition in Tehran in 2019 displayed wreckage of a US Global Hawk drone claimed to have been shot down by Iran. The latest display comes after Iran also claimed on July 30 that three US F-35 fighter jets had been destroyed at Jordan’s Al Azraq airbase. That claim has not been independently established. By placing the aircraft remnants on display, Tehran is turning battlefield debris into a powerful political and military message—one intended to demonstrate that even advanced American and Israeli aircraft can be targeted during wartime. The exhibition is likely to fuel further debate over the scale of aircraft losses during the conflict and the competing narratives presented by Iran, the US and Israel.

  • | |

    Pakistan backs Saudi Arabia’s right to self-defe…

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has strongly condemned the attack on Saudi Arabia, reaffirming that every sovereign nation has the right to defend itself under international law. Islamabad stated that Saudi Arabia’s military response in Iraq should be viewed within the framework of legitimate self-defence. Speaking at the weekly media briefing, Foreign Office spokesperson Tahir Andrabi said Article 51 of the United Nations Charter grants states the inherent right to take necessary measures to protect their sovereignty and security against armed attacks. He said Saudi Arabia’s actions should be understood in that legal context. The spokesperson stressed that Pakistan remains committed to promoting peace and stability in the Middle East and urged all parties to exercise restraint to prevent further escalation of regional tensions. Andrabi also said Pakistan supports the effective implementation of the Islamabad Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) involving the United States and Iran, adding that diplomatic efforts are continuing to reduce tensions and encourage dialogue among the concerned parties. During the briefing, he welcomed the ratification of a defence cooperation agreement between Pakistan and Kuwait, describing it as a positive step toward strengthening bilateral ties. He noted that Pakistan also maintains close defence cooperation with Jordan and Bahrain and continues to expand collaboration in multiple sectors. He added that if any new defence agreements are finalised with Jordan or Bahrain in the future, the government will inform the public and the media at the appropriate time.

  • | | | | |

    Pakistan played key role in easing US-Iran tensions: analysis

    Pakistan played an important mediating role in efforts to ease tensions between the United States and Iran and helped bring the two sides to the negotiating table, according to an analysis by South Asian Voices, a policy platform focusing on security, political and economic developments in South Asia. The analysis said Pakistan stepped in at a critical stage when tensions between Washington and Tehran had escalated sharply and both sides had suffered significant losses. According to the assessment, Islamabad successfully facilitated communication between the United States and Iran and helped bring a global power and a major regional power into direct negotiations. The report described Pakistan’s diplomatic engagement as significant, arguing that Islamabad managed to perform a role that several major powers, including China, France, Germany, India and the United Kingdom, had been unable to achieve. The analysis further noted that talks between American and Iranian representatives in Islamabad continued for more than 20 hours. It described the discussions as the highest-level direct contact between the United States and Iran since the 1979 Iranian Revolution. Although Washington and Tehran subsequently accused each other of violating the terms of a ceasefire, the two sides did not completely abandon the diplomatic process, according to the analysis. The report therefore argued that it would be inaccurate to hold the mediator responsible for the failure of the process, stressing that Pakistan’s role should instead be viewed in the context of its efforts to keep communication channels open between the two sides. The assessment highlights Islamabad’s growing diplomatic role in attempts to reduce tensions between Washington and Tehran and underscores Pakistan’s efforts to facilitate dialogue during a period of heightened regional instability.

  • | |

    DG Khan victims await CM’s compensation

    By MIR HUNBAL BIRMANI A heartfelt public appeal has been made to Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif on social media , urging her to announce financial compensation for the families of the four children who were killed and sixteen injured in the Little Scholars School tragedy in Dera Ghazi Khan on May 7, similar to the relief package announced for victims of the recent Kahna, Lahore academy roof collapse. Parents of deceased children of little scholar school roof collapse incident expressed profound grief over the tragic incident in Kahna, Lahore, where the collapse of an academy roof claimed the lives of innocent children and left several others injured. They offerd prayers for the departed souls, strength for the bereaved families, and a speedy recovery for the injured. Referring to reports that the Punjab government has announced Rs2 million each for the families of the deceased and Rs500,000 each for the injured in the Kahna tragedy, the public appeal on social media describes the decision as commendable. However, it argues that the absence of a similar announcement for the victims of the Little Scholars School tragedy in Dera Ghazi Khan has created a perception of unequal treatment . The statement notes that both incidents involved the collapse of classroom roofs, resulting in the deaths and injuries of schoolchildren. It stresses that negligence and carelessness cannot be overlooked in either case and that the victims in Dera Ghazi Khan deserve the same compassion and support extended to those in Lahore. The appeal further points out that while the Chief Minister promptly announced relief for the Kahna victims, no compensation has yet been announced for the families affected by the Dera Ghazi Khan tragedy, nor did the Chief Minister visit the city to offer condolences. It says this has caused disappointment among the bereaved families and residents of Dera Ghazi Khan. Questioning the perceived disparity, the appeal states that if the Chief Minister considers herself a mother to all the children of Punjab, then the victims of both tragedies should receive equal treatment. The appeal concludes by urging Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz Sharif to announce a compensation package for the families of the deceased and injured children in the Little Scholars School tragedy. It emphasizes that while no amount of money can compensate for the loss of a child or heal the grief of the parents, such assistance would demonstrate that the government stands with all citizens equally. The statement also calls upon elected representatives from Dera Ghazi Khan and the district administration to formally recommend to the Punjab government that financial assistance be provided to the affected families.

  • | | |

    Pakistan backs Iran-US dialogue, Hormuz progress k…

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has expressed hope that progress on the Strait of Hormuz issue will create momentum for renewed dialogue between Iran and the United States, reaffirming its commitment to supporting diplomatic efforts aimed at easing tensions in the region. Speaking at the weekly media briefing on Thursday, Foreign Office spokesperson Tahir Andrabi said Pakistan expects the implementation of the Islamabad Reconciliation Framework to advance through consensus on the Strait of Hormuz, paving the way for technical-level talks between Tehran and Washington. He said Pakistan supports the resumption of negotiations between Iran and the United States and will continue to play a constructive diplomatic role alongside regional partners. According to the spokesperson, Pakistan, Qatar, Oman, and other friendly countries remain engaged in coordinated efforts to promote peace and stability, with Oman playing a particularly positive role in efforts related to the Strait of Hormuz. Andrabi also confirmed that Iran’s foreign minister has been invited to visit Pakistan, while noting that the National Assembly Secretariat would clarify whether an invitation has also been extended to the Speaker of the Iranian Parliament. On the situation in Gaza, the spokesperson said lasting peace requires not only the disarmament of Hamas but also Israel’s withdrawal from the occupied territories. He stressed that Israel must fulfill its international obligations and end its military presence in Gaza. Responding to questions about the possible deployment of an international peacekeeping force in Gaza, Andrabi said it was too early to discuss such a proposal. He added that Pakistan would examine any formal plan if it is presented through appropriate international channels. Commenting on political developments in Bangladesh, the spokesperson reiterated that Pakistan does not interfere in the internal affairs of other countries and declined to comment on statements made by Bangladesh’s former prime minister. He also strongly condemned recent attacks on commercial vessels in the Bab el-Mandeb Strait, describing them as violations of international law and threats to maritime security. Andrabi reaffirmed Pakistan’s commitment to supporting the safety of global trade routes and said defense cooperation between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia would continue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *