militants killed balochistan
| | |

13 militants killed in Balochistan operation: secu…

QUETTA: Security forces continued intelligence-based operations under Operation Azm in Balochistan, carrying out another targeted raid against suspected militants in Mastung district. According to security sources, the latest operation resulted in the killing of several militants, bringing the total number of militants killed during the ongoing operation to 13.

Security sources said the operation was conducted in the Khad Kocha area of Mastung after intelligence reports indicated the presence of armed militants in the region. Troops launched a coordinated operation and engaged the suspects during the raid.

According to the sources, several militants were killed during the exchange. Officials did not disclose the exact number of militants killed in the latest action but confirmed that the overall death toll in the operation has now reached 13.

The operation also targeted militant infrastructure in the area. Security sources said multiple hideouts allegedly linked to the group referred to as Fitna al-Hindustan were destroyed. They added that dismantling these hideouts is part of broader efforts to disrupt militant activities and prevent future attacks.

During the operation, security personnel recovered a cache of weapons, ammunition, explosives and materials allegedly used to manufacture improvised explosive devices (IEDs). Officials said the recovered items would be examined as part of the ongoing investigation.

Sources further claimed that several militants were injured during the operation. However, the exact number of those wounded has not been confirmed, and no official details have been released regarding their identities.

Security officials said intelligence-based operations are continuing across different parts of Balochistan to eliminate militant networks and improve the overall security situation. They added that such operations are being carried out on the basis of intelligence information to target suspected militant hideouts.

According to security sources, the campaign against militant groups will continue until terrorist networks are dismantled and peace and stability are restored across the province. They reiterated the commitment of security forces to maintain pressure on armed groups through sustained intelligence-led operations.

Similar Posts

  • |

    Ukrainian drone strike hits major Russian grain terminals in Black Sea port

    A massive Ukrainian drone and missile strike targeted the strategic Russian port of Novorossiysk overnight, damaging two major grain export terminals and striking key naval assets in the Black Sea. Local officials reported that three people, including an eight-year-old child, were killed and 24 others were injured in the attack, which prompted an emergency declaration in the city. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky described the assault as a unique operation utilizing rockets, jet drones, and naval drones. Military officials in Kyiv later confirmed that four Russian warships, including two frigates, were damaged during the strike. Novorossiysk became the primary hub for Russia’s Black Sea fleet after Ukrainian attacks previously forced Russian naval forces to relocate from Sevastopol in occupied Crimea. The damage to the export hubs led the Russian agriculture ministry to begin rerouting cargo flows toward alternative maritime routes in the Baltic and Caspian Seas. The barrage comes amid intensified military exchanges in the region, following overnight Russian missile and glide bomb attacks that killed at least 11 civilians in the Ukrainian city of Zaporizhzhia.

  • | | |

    Karachi oil spill: NRL pipeline bursts in DHA phas…

    A crude oil pipeline operated by National Refinery Limited (NRL) burst in Karachi’s DHA Phase VI, triggering an emergency containment and repair operation, authorities said. The leak occurred around 10:30pm on Saturday on Khayaban-e-Sehar, Street 13. The pipeline carries crude oil from Keamari to Korangi and reportedly runs through a road median. The incident caused crude oil to spill onto the road, prompting authorities to restrict access to the affected area. NRL’s response team arrived around midnight and began containment and cleanup operations using specialised spill kits. More than 20 drums of leaked oil had been collected, while excavation work was launched to identify the exact point of the damaged pipeline and stop the leak completely. The Sindh Environmental Protection Agency (Sepa) directed authorities to safely remove contaminated soil, sand and sludge and dispose of the material according to environmental regulations. Fresh sand will reportedly be placed after remedial work is completed. Officials urged residents to stay away from the affected location and avoid smoking or using open flames near the spilled oil. They also warned residents against attempting cleanup themselves or washing oil into nearby drains. Authorities continue to monitor the situation closely.

  • | |

    Ishaq Dar, Turkish foreign minister discuss region…

      ISLAMABAD: Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar held a telephone conversation with Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan on Sunday night, during which the two sides discussed recent developments in the region and reaffirmed their commitment to strengthening cooperation on issues of mutual interest. According to Pakistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the two foreign ministers agreed that dialogue and diplomacy remained the most effective means of addressing regional challenges and promoting peace and stability. The conversation took place as Pakistan continues its diplomatic engagement with regional and international partners amid the ongoing conflict involving the United States, Israel and Iran. Islamabad has increasingly emerged as an important diplomatic channel in efforts aimed at reducing tensions and encouraging negotiations between the parties. Dar has recently held discussions with several senior diplomats regarding the rapidly changing regional situation. Last week, he met US Chargé d’Affaires Natalie Baker, British High Commissioner to Pakistan Jane Marriott, Chinese Ambassador Jiang Zaidong and Pakistan’s Ambassador-designate to Sweden Ahmed Amjad Ali. During these meetings, the foreign minister exchanged views with the diplomats on regional developments and Pakistan’s efforts to contribute to peace and stability. Dar emphasized that the Islamabad Memorandum of Understanding must be implemented in both letter and spirit, describing this as the most appropriate way forward. He also reiterated Pakistan’s commitment to regional peace, security and diplomatic engagement. Dar recently held a joint press conference with Norwegian Foreign Minister Espen Barth Eide, who praised Pakistan’s role during the US-Iran conflict. Eide particularly acknowledged the efforts of Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Ishaq Dar and Chief of Defence Forces Field Marshal Asim Munir during delegation-level discussions held in Islamabad. The Norwegian foreign minister said Pakistan had taken on a significant responsibility by offering Islamabad not only as a venue for negotiations but also as a facilitator between Washington and Tehran. Eide described Pakistan’s diplomatic efforts as a service to the international community and expressed strong support for the role Islamabad had assumed since the conflict began on February 28. The latest diplomatic contacts also come against the backdrop of a major regional security development: the signing of the Makkah Joint Defence Agreement by Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Turkiye on August 7. The trilateral agreement has been described as a defensive security framework designed to strengthen collective deterrence, expand military cooperation and contribute to regional stability. The agreement has attracted considerable attention because of the growing security challenges in the region and the evolving strategic relationships among Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Turkiye. The Makkah agreement follows the Strategic Mutual Defence Agreement signed between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia last year. That pact established a stronger bilateral security relationship and stated that aggression against either country would be regarded as aggression against both. The latest developments indicate that Pakistan is seeking to strengthen diplomatic and security partnerships while maintaining its stated preference for dialogue and peaceful resolution of regional disputes. Dar’s conversation with Fidan further reflects the close relationship between Islamabad and Ankara, particularly on regional security and diplomatic matters. Both countries have consistently emphasized the importance of cooperation, consultation and peaceful negotiations in addressing regional crises. Their latest discussion is expected to contribute to continued coordination as tensions across the region remain high.

  • | |

    PM Shehbaz orders stronger push to create youth jo…

    Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has directed the government to take coordinated and effective steps to expand employment opportunities for young Pakistanis under the National Youth Employment Policy. Chairing a meeting in Islamabad on Tuesday to review progress on the policy, the prime minister said providing decent jobs to the country’s skilled and talented youth remained a key priority of the government. He called for a comprehensive strategy involving relevant ministries and institutions to ensure the policy delivers practical employment opportunities. He also stressed the need to focus on skills development, particularly for young women, so they can compete for emerging jobs in both Pakistan and international markets. The prime minister directed authorities to give special attention to employment opportunities for young people in Balochistan and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa. Officials briefed the meeting on reforms introduced in the National Vocational and Technical Training Commission (NAVTTC) and the Small and Medium Enterprises Development Authority (SMEDA). The reforms are aimed at connecting Pakistan’s skilled workforce with the changing requirements of local industries and international employers. NAVTTC is working to help Pakistani workers obtain internationally recognised certifications and improve their language skills for overseas employment. Training programmes are also being aligned with market demand to increase the chances of young people securing jobs abroad. The meeting was informed that the Digital Youth Hub is providing information about employment opportunities in Pakistan and overseas through a single platform. Youth Development Cells are also being established in educational institutions to offer career counselling, guidance and information about skills and employment opportunities. Shehbaz Sharif ordered the launch of an awareness campaign so that young people can better understand the benefits and opportunities available under the National Youth Employment Policy. Chairman of the Prime Minister’s Youth Programme Rana Mashhood briefed the meeting on progress made under the government’s directives. Deputy Prime Minister Ishaq Dar, Planning Minister Ahsan Iqbal, Economic Affairs Minister Ahad Khan Cheema, Information Minister Attaullah Tarar, Climate Change Minister Musadik Malik, IT Minister Shaza Fatima Khawaja and other senior officials also attended. The government has recently increased its focus on preparing young Pakistanis for a changing labour market through technical education, information technology, artificial intelligence and entrepreneurship. The prime minister has also stressed greater access to quality education and skills training, particularly for disadvantaged youth. Under the youth employment policy, the government has set a target for women to make up 35 per cent of the labour force, while at least 10 per cent of the allocation is intended for startups.

  • A Long War Ahead: Diplomacy, Nerves, and a Region …

    The Middle East appears to be entering a prolonged phase of strategic tension—one defined not only by the possibility of conflict, but by a high-stakes battle of nerves accompanied by intense diplomatic maneuvering. The American Centcom has briefed the president about the next phase of attacks that Centcom thinks will decaptilze the Iranian power. They warn that they will target the Iranian power plants and with meeting Israeli pm natanyahu also assured and second the trump decision. In response the Iranian also ready to attack in Israeli power plants and in Gcc American bases. So a long war ahead. At the center of this evolving landscape stands Mohammed bin Salman (MBS), whose regional vision and leadership now face one of their most critical tests.   Over the past decade, the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), under Saudi Arabia’s influence, aligned itself closely with the United States. This alignment brought undeniable short-term gains: an influx of multinational corporations, the emergence of technology hubs, ambitious infrastructure projects like NEOM, and a rebranding of the Gulf as a global tourism and investment destination. These developments projected an image of modernity and economic diversification—an intentional shift away from rigid conservatism.   However, beneath this transformation lies a deeper geopolitical calculation. The United States sought not only economic engagement but strategic positioning in the Middle East, particularly in the context of its long-standing rivalry with Iran. By encouraging normalization with Israel through frameworks like the Abraham Accords, Washington aimed to consolidate a regional bloc that could counterbalance Tehran.   This strategy, while effective in shaping alliances, also came at a cost. Iran was increasingly portrayed in Western narratives as rigid, anti-modern, and resistant to democratic values. Whether accurate or exaggerated, this portrayal contributed to its diplomatic isolation. Yet, Iran has not remained passive. Instead, it has adopted a dual-track approach—maintaining a posture of resistance while keeping diplomatic channels open. This calculated balance has allowed Tehran to assert its relevance in any future regional order.   Recent developments suggest that the initial cohesion within the GCC may be more fragile than it appeared. Trust built over decades can erode rapidly under pressure, and shifting geopolitical realities have exposed underlying vulnerabilities. If Iran successfully convinces regional actors that its inclusion is essential for stability, it could reshape the Middle Eastern power structure in its favor.   Meanwhile, other key players—Pakistan, Qatar, and Turkey—have attempted to position themselves as mediators. However, their efforts have been slow and, at times, constrained by their own strategic dependencies. Qatar has shown willingness to facilitate dialogue, but Turkey’s independent stance and Pakistan’s cautious approach—often influenced by its ties with Washington—have limited the effectiveness of a unified diplomatic front.   The question, then, is whether diplomacy can still alter the trajectory. Iran’s willingness to engage, even while projecting strength, indicates that a negotiated outcome remains possible. If Tehran can compel regional actors, including Saudi Arabia, to broaden the dialogue and incorporate Turkey into a more inclusive framework, it may shift the balance away from confrontation.   For the United States, the situation presents no clear path to victory. Military escalation risks triggering a wider, multi-stage conflict that could engulf the entire region, placing GCC states in a precarious position. What may have once been framed as a strategic contest could evolve into a prolonged struggle driven by perceptions of credibility and prestige.   In this volatile environment, the risk is not just war—but a drawn-out cycle of escalation and retaliation. Iran, despite sustained pressure, appears increasingly resilient, with its strategic resolve hardening over time. Conversely, the Gulf states must reassess whether their current alignments serve long-term stability or merely short-term gains.   Ultimately, the region stands at a strong moment. The path forward will depend not only on military power but on the success of diplomacy in bridging deep-seated divides. There remains a possibility—however uncertain—that actors like China and Russia could play a crucial role in de-escalation. But trump also hinted that both assured him their neutrality during Iran war. The drones however allegedly counter thinks a Russian help under the war table. If such efforts succeed, they may prevent the Middle East from sliding into a conflict whose consequences would extend far beyond its borders.

  • | |

    AJK elections, two polling stations set up in Mult…

    MULTAN: Preparations are in full swing in Multan for the second phase of the Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) elections, with authorities establishing two polling stations to facilitate voters registered in the constituency. According to election officials, the polling stations have been set up for LA-42 Valley-III, where a total of 966 registered voters are expected to cast their ballots. Polling for the second phase of the AJK elections is scheduled to take place on August 2. Police said comprehensive security arrangements have been finalised to ensure a peaceful voting process. A total of 295 police personnel have been deployed at the two polling stations to maintain law and order and provide security for voters, polling staff and election materials. Election authorities said all necessary arrangements are being completed ahead of polling day. Officials confirmed that ballot papers, ballot boxes and other election materials will be delivered to the polling stations before voting begins. The contest in the constituency is expected to be closely watched, with four candidates in the race. The main competition is anticipated between Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Syed Wajid Ali and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) candidate Asim Sharif Butt. The second phase of the AJK elections will cover three districts of Muzaffarabad Division as well as 12 refugee seats, making it a key stage in the electoral process. Authorities have urged voters to cooperate with security personnel and follow election rules to ensure a smooth and transparent polling process. Officials expressed confidence that the arrangements in Multan will enable eligible voters to exercise their democratic right in a safe and orderly environment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *