angelina jolie brad
| |

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s daughter Vivienne…

Vivienne, the 18-year-old daughter of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, has reportedly taken a significant legal step by filing paperwork to remove “Pitt” from her surname. According to reports, Vivienne submitted the request to the Los Angeles Superior Court on July 20, seeking to change her legal name from Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt to Vivienne Jolie.

The reported filing marks another development in the well-publicized family dynamics involving Jolie and Pitt. If approved, Vivienne would become the fourth of the former couple’s six children to publicly distance themselves from their father’s last name, following similar moves by some of her siblings in recent years.

According to Page Six, the legal request was filed shortly after Vivienne turned 18, the age at which she can independently seek a legal name change without parental approval. While neither Vivienne nor her representatives have publicly commented on the filing, the move has attracted widespread attention due to the family’s long-running legal and personal disputes.

Vivienne has largely stayed out of the spotlight compared with some of her siblings. However, she made headlines in 2024 when she worked alongside her mother as a production assistant on the Broadway musical The Outsiders. In the show’s Playbill, she was credited simply as Vivienne Jolie, leading many to speculate that she had already begun using her mother’s surname professionally.

The reported legal filing comes after similar decisions by other Jolie-Pitt children. Zahara introduced herself as “Zahara Marley Jolie” during her college sorority induction ceremony, while Shiloh successfully petitioned the court to remove “Pitt” from her legal surname after turning 18. Maddox has also reportedly used only the surname “Jolie” in informal settings, although it has not been publicly confirmed that he legally changed his name.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, once considered one of Hollywood’s most famous couples, have remained involved in lengthy legal battles since their separation in 2016. Their divorce was finalized in 2019, but disputes over custody and ownership of the French winery Château Miraval have continued for years. The ongoing legal conflict has often drawn public attention to the family’s private matters.

Neither Brad Pitt nor Angelina Jolie has publicly addressed Vivienne’s reported legal filing. As a result, the reasons behind her decision remain private, and no official statement has been released by the family.

If the court approves the request, Vivienne will legally be known as Vivienne Jolie, further reflecting the naming choice she has already appeared to adopt in her professional life. While the decision has generated considerable media interest, it also highlights the family’s continuing efforts to navigate life in the public eye while managing deeply personal matters.

Similar Posts

  • | |

    78 policemen suspended after Lahore station rape a…

    Punjab Police suspended 78 officials of Lahore’s Ghaziabad Police Station after an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a mentally challenged young woman inside the police station. The action followed the registration of a First Information Report (FIR) against the accused under rape provisions of the Pakistan Penal Code and relevant sections of the Police Order 2002. Senior police authorities immediately took notice of the incident and ordered the arrest of the suspect. According to the complaint filed by the victim’s father, his 19 to 20-year-old daughter, who has a mental disability, left home on Sunday afternoon and did not return for some time. During the search, a local resident allegedly informed the family that a policeman in plain clothes had taken the girl away. The complainant said he rushed to the Ghaziabad Police Station, where he was told that his daughter had already been sent home. After returning home, he found her in distress. He alleged that she told him a police official had taken her to the station and sexually assaulted her. Following the complaint, police registered a case and arrested the accused ASI. Authorities also launched both criminal and departmental investigations into the matter. As part of disciplinary action, 78 police personnel, including the station house officer (SHO), sub-inspectors, assistant sub-inspectors, front desk officials and other staff members, were suspended over alleged negligence, poor supervision and failure to maintain discipline at the police station. All suspended officials have been directed to report to Police Lines until further orders. Police officials said maintaining discipline and ensuring a safe environment at police stations is the responsibility of every officer. They warned that negligence or irresponsible conduct would not be tolerated and pledged strict accountability at the police station level. A new SHO has been appointed to take charge of Ghaziabad Police Station while the investigation continues. Punjab Women Protection Authority Chairperson Hina Parvez Butt strongly condemned the incident, describing it as deeply disturbing and calling for strict legal action against those responsible. Police said further legal and departmental proceedings will be carried out after the investigation is completed.

  • | |

    Punjab PMS officers oppose plan to create 101 AAC …

    LAHORE: The Provincial Management Service (PMS) Officers Association has strongly opposed the Punjab government’s proposal to create 101 new Additional Assistant Commissioner (AAC) posts, describing the move as unnecessary and harmful to the existing administrative structure. The association argued that the AAC posts had been abolished years ago and their revival was not justified, particularly after the establishment of the Punjab Enforcement and Regulatory Authority (PERA), which was created to strengthen enforcement and regulatory functions across the province. During an executive committee meeting chaired by Association President Qamar Zaman Qaisrani, members unanimously decided to raise their concerns with senior government officials. A delegation of the association is expected to meet the Punjab services secretary and the additional chief secretary to seek a review of the proposed decision. The association warned that if its concerns remain unaddressed, PMS officers across Punjab will begin a province-wide protest campaign. As part of the first phase, officers plan to wear black armbands while performing official duties to register their protest against the government’s decision. PMS officers believe the creation of the new posts would place a significant financial burden on the provincial treasury. According to the association’s estimates, establishing one Additional Assistant Commissioner post, including official facilities, office infrastructure, staff, transport and operational expenses, would cost approximately Rs46.8 million. They claim that creating all 101 posts would require nearly Rs4.73 billion initially, in addition to recurring expenditures on salaries, allowances and other administrative costs. The association further expressed concerns over what it described as long-standing issues within the provincial bureaucracy. These include delays in promotion boards, alleged discrimination in transfers and postings, and the appointment of junior officers to positions traditionally reserved for senior officials. Former administrative secretary Yawar Mehdi also commented on the proposal, saying that efforts to improve public service delivery were welcome if they genuinely strengthened governance. However, he stressed that introducing additional administrative positions should not weaken the existing civil service structure or negatively affect the career progression of Provincial Management Service officers.

  • | | | |

    PM Shehbaz directs timely implementation of privat…

    Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has directed all relevant ministries and institutions to ensure the timely implementation of targets and deadlines under the government’s privatisation programme, stressing the need for close coordination to complete the process according to schedule. The directives were issued during a meeting held to review progress on the privatisation of state-owned enterprises. The meeting was informed that a total of 27 public sector organisations have been included in the government’s privatisation agenda, which is being carried out in three phases. During the briefing, officials updated the prime minister on the progress of the privatisation of Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi airports, as well as several major public sector entities. The meeting also reviewed the privatisation process of electricity distribution companies, including the Islamabad Electric Supply Company (IESCO), Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO), and Gujranwala Electric Power Company (GEPCO). Officials informed the prime minister that Expressions of Interest (EOIs) have already been invited for all three companies. The deadline for investors to submit documents for FESCO has been set for August 7, while submissions for GEPCO will close on August 21. The deadline for IESCO is September 7, 2026. The briefing noted that several international companies have expressed interest in acquiring the power distribution companies. Officials added that roadshows and engagement sessions with potential investors are continuing to attract further investment. Prime Minister Shehbaz also reviewed the proposed privatisation of the Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited (ZTBL) and directed authorities to design the transaction in a way that preserves the bank’s vital role in supporting Pakistan’s agricultural sector. He emphasised that the bank should continue providing agricultural loans and financial services to farmers even after privatisation. The prime minister said farmers’ access to financial resources is essential for increasing crop yields and improving agricultural productivity. He further stated that agriculture remains a key pillar of Pakistan’s economy and plays a critical role in ensuring food security. Therefore, any privatisation model should safeguard the sector’s long-term interests while maintaining uninterrupted financial support for farmers.

  • |

    Tom Holland admits he had to fake enthusiasm for bad movies

    Tom Holland has opened up about a time when he had to be less than honest while promoting certain films. He admitted those projects simply were not worth recommending to audiences. The 30-year-old actor is currently deep into promotional duties for his upcoming film, “Spider-Man: Brand New Day.” During a recent conversation on the Dish Podcast with host Nick Grimshaw, Holland explained that talking to press about this particular project has felt refreshingly genuine and effortless. He described how promoting a film he is genuinely proud of removes any pressure to stretch the truth. When journalists ask why audiences should watch the movie, he said, there is no need to fabricate enthusiasm because he authentically believes people will enjoy it. Holland contrasted this with earlier experiences in his career, revealing that he sometimes privately doubted whether certain projects deserved an audience at all. He admitted that in the past, when reporters asked him to justify why viewers should see a particular film, he sometimes had to hold back his true opinion, quietly acknowledging to himself that the honest answer would have been far less flattering. The actor did not specify which films prompted these private doubts, but his comments suggest that not every project in his filmography has met his own standards of quality, even if he could not say so publicly at the time. Holland’s candid remarks come as he gears up for his next major role, returning as Peter Parker in the latest installment of the Spider-Man franchise. He will be joined once again by Zendaya, continuing their on-screen partnership from previous films in the series. The upcoming movie, which blends action and science fiction elements, is scheduled to hit theaters on July 31. Alongside Holland and Zendaya, the cast includes several notable additions, Jon Bernthal, Mark Ruffalo, and Sadie Sink round out the ensemble for this fourth sequel in the ongoing Spider-Man saga. Given the franchise’s massive popularity and the strong cast lineup, expectations are already running high for this latest chapter. Holland’s honesty about past promotional experiences also offers a rare, unfiltered glimpse into the pressures actors face when discussing projects publicly, regardless of how they privately feel about the final product. Fans will get to judge for themselves whether this new installment lives up to the hype when it arrives in theaters later this month.

  • |

    Post-graduate depression

    No one talks about the depression, hopelessness, and anxiety that fresh university graduates face. They suffer silently, wondering what to do next and how to find opportunities. Even their families often don’t understand what they are going through. Many graduates slowly fade away. They stop talking to friends, lose contact with classmates, and avoid social gatherings. At family functions, relatives ask questions like, “Beta, what are you doing now?”, “How long are you going to stay at your parents’ home?” If it’s a girl, people ask, “When are you getting married?” or “What have you achieved after getting your degree? Have you earned any money? Look at our daughters—they’re married, have two kids, and are happy. Meanwhile, your poor parents are still taking care of you.” When it comes to boys, they face endless questions from uncles and relatives. Many become demotivated. Some dream of moving abroad but don’t have the money to do so. Others try trading after taking advice from friends and sometimes fail. Some start giving home tuition while constantly thinking about how to settle in life and repay their parents, who are getting older every day. This is the reality of our society. Those who can afford it pursue a master’s degree or go abroad for higher studies. Many work overtime just to prove that they are capable of achieving something in life. Otherwise, people label them as a burden on their parents. Many daughters are pressured into marriage instead of being allowed to pursue private jobs. If they want to build a career, they are expected to prepare for competitive government exams. Even after 14 or 16 years of education, they still have to study further to clear exams like CSS or PPSC. Only then do parents and society begin to appreciate them, and their names are respected. Otherwise, to society, you are just another university graduate—and that’s all.

  • | |

    Pakistan ranks fifth globally in viral Hepatitis b…

    Pakistan has been ranked among the countries with the highest number of viral hepatitis cases worldwide, with the country standing fifth globally in total hepatitis burden, according to the Pakistan Medical Association (PMA). The warning was issued on the occasion of World Hepatitis Day, highlighting the growing public health challenge caused by hepatitis B and C infections. PMA Secretary General Dr Abdul Ghafoor Shoro said Pakistan has one of the world’s largest burdens of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV), with around 10 million people suffering from chronic Hepatitis C. In addition, an estimated 3.8 million people are living with chronic Hepatitis B (HBV), bringing the total number of people affected by viral hepatitis in the country to approximately 13.8 million. According to the PMA, Pakistan’s hepatitis burden is higher than many countries and is exceeded only by China, India, Indonesia, and Nigeria. The national prevalence rate of Hepatitis C is estimated between 4.8 and 7.5 percent, while Hepatitis B affects around 1.1 to 1.7 percent of the population. Health experts warned that untreated hepatitis can lead to serious complications, including liver cirrhosis and liver cancer, which collectively claim more than 37,000 lives in Pakistan every year. Dr Shoro stated that Pakistan contributes a significant share of new global Hepatitis C infections due to unsafe medical practices. He highlighted that thousands of new infections occur annually because of the reuse of unsterilized syringes, unsafe medical equipment, and unscreened blood transfusions. Other major causes of hepatitis transmission include unsafe surgical procedures, dental treatments, tattooing, body piercing, shaving with contaminated razors at barber shops, and practices carried out by unqualified healthcare providers. Low coverage of the mandatory Hepatitis B birth-dose vaccine has also remained a concern. President Asif Ali Zardari said hepatitis remains one of the country’s most serious public health challenges but emphasized that it can be prevented and treated through early detection, timely medical care, and collective efforts. He stressed the need for strict regulation of unsafe healthcare practices and awareness campaigns to protect citizens. National Assembly Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq also highlighted the importance of prevention, early diagnosis, and access to quality treatment. He said strengthening the healthcare system and improving public awareness are essential steps toward reducing the disease burden. Health authorities and public representatives called for greater cooperation between government institutions, healthcare providers, and communities to control hepatitis transmission and improve treatment access across Pakistan.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *